PDA

View Full Version : Luna Plugs

finchaser
03-11-2015, 12:38 PM
FYI to those that got to have them is get them while you can, because unfortunately Nick cut his thumb off yesterday and can't make them for who knows how long as it was his right hand

cowherder
03-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Ouch! don't know the guy but that has to be tough. Sorry to hear how did it happen?

jigfreak
03-11-2015, 11:15 PM
I think hes in construction.

hookedonbass
03-12-2015, 04:49 AM
Wow tough break. Bummer.

fishinmission78
03-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Bad break. I met Nick at Asbury once. Hope things get better for him.

DarkSkies
03-13-2015, 08:17 AM
I think hes in construction.

As far as I knew he was a tile guy. It's almost impossible to cut your thumb off with a tile saw. You are right, though. He did have some other skills besides tile. I'm not exactly sure how he did it.

I used to meet him out there in the nastiest and coldest conditions. When the winter bite was on in the ocean he would show up like clockwork. A few of us were out there regularly and fished it hard. The thing that impressed me about him when I first met him is.....he asked permission to come and fish alongside me on a jetty one night. Most guys wouldn't even consider that - they just come in and mug ya.

I always ask permission if someone else is there first and I really want to fish that area for that part of the tide. Rarely do I meet others who look at it the same way as I do. That's why he impressed me so much, We grew to like and respect each other for our crazy behavior getting out there on those freezing nights when no one else wanted to make the effort.

I imagine the loss of his thumb will be a real handicap to him. Thanks for breaking the news, Fin.

As others said, it's a tough break for him.......He's tough, he will figure a way around this. Thoughts and prayers, Nick.

jigfreak
03-13-2015, 10:04 AM
K, thanks DS I thought it was something like that. It does suck to lose a finger or toe but as you said hes a tough one and can overcome it.

finchaser
03-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Heard last night the piece could not be reattached

cowherder
03-15-2015, 04:02 PM
did not know him but thoughts and prayers for your friend finchaser.