PDA

View Full Version : Taking accurate water temperature

finchaser
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
A thermometer designed for taking stream temperatures. Basically a mercury thermometer with an aluminum out side shell extremely accurate. I attach to the snap on my leader from surf or boat . I keep one in my truck with a line attached to get temperature at the mouth of inlet for ocean, canal for upper bay and a dock for river. I store them in plastic cigar tubes that I drill small drain holes in the bottom. They fit in a bucktail slot in my plug bags for storage. I have 4 so one is always with me.

seamonkey
03-31-2015, 03:19 PM
Looks very nice and compact finchaser. Can you get them locally or do u have to send away for it.

finchaser
03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
online unless you live near an Orvis or LL bean store

cowherder
04-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Thanks for sharing that. So when you post those reports about the temp you are actually taking it each time you go out? a lot better than getting it from an online source which may not be accurate. cool

finchaser
04-02-2015, 03:03 PM
yes sir my reports that contain water temp are taken by me

surferman
06-04-2015, 03:15 PM
I store them in plastic cigar tubes that I drill small drain holes in the bottom. They fit in a bucktail slot in my plug bags for storage. I have 4 so one is always with me.

That's a neat innovation thank you for sharing.

hookset
06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah and when you put it on a length of line you can get a more accurate reading. Good deal.