PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for April 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

DarkSkies
03-31-2015, 03:43 AM
Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here if ya want.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....:idea:

3. Location - Out front, out back, or the county...further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

** Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group! :thumbsup:

seamonkey
03-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Looks like we finally have some stripers in the river gents! Fished the big D from 6-8pm sun evening. There was a decent bit of activity right before sunset. I bought a dozen bloods with me and used them all. Caught 6 stripers to 23" and missed a few. Released immediately. They were little guys but it's a start!

Blazin420
03-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Nice report seamonkey good to hear of some action...Not much up here yet in the RB hopefully that changes real soon...Temps are just creepin up slowly but they are almost there

Monty
03-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Looks like we finally have some stripers in the river gents! Fished the big D from 6-8pm sun evening. There was a decent bit of activity right before sunset. I bought a dozen bloods with me and used them all. Caught 6 stripers to 23" and missed a few. Released immediately. They were little guys but it's a start!
Congrats on getting out there and getting some action. Great to see a report with some fish caught and the season starting.

robmedina
04-01-2015, 05:04 AM
Well, it's been many years in the making but I finally landed my first 50" striper! I still can't believe it happened. Nothing was going on, I had one bloodworm left and decided to put it on a t&w rig as I paddled back to my launch area. I was about 50 yards from where I put in an BAM, the reel starts screaming. The sucker started pulling me backwards. I fought the fish for what seemed like forever and finally landed her. I did the kick thing to get her huge body onto my yak. Seems like I could fit my head into her mouth she is so big. I finally got her back in the water and drifted with her to revive her, she swam away nicely. Now I look down at my chartplotter and I am 4 miles away from my launch....and I have to paddle up stream! Oh well- it was well worth it. Oh yeah I forgot one thing- April fools day!

storminsteve
04-01-2015, 10:12 AM
rob you suck! I have read your reports on here over the years and it seemed legit! I was hearing about stripers in the delaware. Figured you live down south jersey so thats where you were. damn you got me. Great story and thanks anyway it was awesome even if not real

Blazin420
04-02-2015, 07:18 AM
Nice rob i figured April fools when i read 50" haha!!!

Well another night out and another SKUNK:skunk: in the book....ughhhhh this slow warming water is beginning to **** me off!!!!:burn::burn:.....7-10 not even a tap

cowherder
04-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Well, it's been many years in the making but I finally landed my first 50" striper! I still can't believe it happened. Nothing was going on, I had one bloodworm left and decided to put it on a t&w rig as I paddled back to my launch area. I was about 50 yards from where I put in an BAM, the reel starts screaming. The sucker started pulling me backwards. I fought the fish for what seemed like forever and finally landed her. I did the kick thing to get her huge body onto my yak. Seems like I could fit my head into her mouth she is so big. I finally got her back in the water and drifted with her to revive her, she swam away nicely. Now I look down at my chartplotter and I am 4 miles away from my launch....and I have to paddle up stream! Oh well- it was well worth it. Oh yeah I forgot one thing- April fools day!

Wow I thoght I fooled you guys with my winter striper story but you got me too man! Kudos for the great story. don
t care if it was fake or not it was executed well. Since you said you were on your kayak it seemed like it was possible. Damn! Well hopefully you will get that big one this spring. Good luck!

cowherder
04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Nice rob i figured April fools when i read 50" haha!!!

Well another night out and another SKUNK:skunk: in the book....ughhhhh this slow warming water is beginning to **** me off!!!!:burn::burn:.....7-10 not even a tap

Well you are putting in the time and trying. I wimped out the other day when I went because it looked like the dead sea. Will prob try the back bay this weekend. Weather in the 60's has to get something going! At least I hope so and thanks for keeping it real blazin!

surferman
04-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Nice going gents. Spring is here come on stripers, Fooled me too rob

hookedonbass
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Fished out back ocean county last night with plugs. nada. nice story rob gotta keep the faith!

robmedina
04-03-2015, 04:00 AM
:ROFLMAO ahh thanks Gents, that put a smile on my face Good fishing mojo to all this year!

DarkSkies
04-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Rob if ya still have my number text me....Some info you might be interested in....I lost a lot of contacts when my last cell phone went swimming accidentally while I was wading the flats one night...

Wishing a Happy Easter to all the members and their families....:HappyWave:

ledhead36
04-03-2015, 08:44 PM
^^^^^^Hey Rich where you been in hibernation or something? No time for fishing or buzzing around the fishing holes anymore? Whats up with that? Nice to see you posting again I thought you were on vacation or something. Check the texts I sent you today. If you lose my number I'll throw your favorite stinky clams at you bud.:HappyWave:
Went fishing for a few hours because it was time. High tide back bay around 8 and moon near full. When we got there we saw a bunch of gannets diving way out in the bay. A few dozen. Must have been on bunker or something. They have been here for over a week now but not much of activity. All 3 of us struck out. With the weather like this an the warm nights its only a matter of days. Tight lines gents.

finchaser
04-03-2015, 10:35 PM
....I lost a lot of contacts when my last cell phone went swimming accidentally while I was wading the flats one night...

All those lucky people:clapping::clapping:

I was not one of the fortunate:banghead2:

hookedonbass
04-04-2015, 09:58 AM
Well gents I fished moco in the back this morning near high tide. bucktails and rubber. The wind was howling like a banshee. skunk for me, water felt cold and no signs of life where I was

robmedina
04-05-2015, 06:42 AM
"I lost a lot of contacts when my last cell phone went swimming accidentally while I was wading the flats one night..." Hey Buddy didn't you use this same excuse last year???

I just texted you at 6:42 "yo homey what up"

Monty
04-05-2015, 08:18 AM
^^^^^^Hey Rich where you been in hibernation or something? No time for fishing or buzzing around the fishing holes anymore? Whats up with that?

"I lost a lot of contacts when my last cell phone went swimming accidentally while I was wading the flats one night..." Hey Buddy didn't you use this same excuse last year???
I just texted you at 6:42 "yo homey what up"

He seems to have turned into Martha Darksies.

Congrats on getting out there guys.

bababooey
04-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Its prob my fault. Turned him onto some land tuna and now I think he has tuna on the brain. Dark the tuna hunter lol.

ledhead36
04-06-2015, 05:33 PM
^^^^^^I don't know the dark one won't answer my texts either. Think he has gone awol. Sailing to another land.

ledhead36
04-06-2015, 05:41 PM
fishing report. a few buds and I fished the back for 5 hours last night. All of us got skunked except for me. Got a 29" bass. Long and skinny. The belly was completely empty. these fish are just starting to come out of suspended animation and feed. It took my 10 minutes to hook this bass it was so sluggish. Did not want to commit.
No pics. In my belly for lunch and dinner today.

I was going to toss the first keeper back, I usually do. I am sick and tired of all these internet fishermen going online to rant about the status of the bass. In my estimates they are down a lot. I don't know how much. All I see is these know it alls who don't do SHI* when it comes to fighting for stripers., I will kill every legal keeper I catch this year. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell. dark if you want to ban me go right ahead.
In 2 weeks the back bay area will be littered with tents, trash, beer bottles, and plastic bait containers. I always bring home my trash, hardly see anyone else doing it. So if you internet fishermen want to do something to save the bass, how about you come down to the bay area and help organize a cleanup after some of these disgusting pigs. Thats all I got to say for now. Good luck on your catches gents. And dark if you read this answer your damn texts buddy.:beatin:

finchaser
04-06-2015, 06:32 PM
:idea: Exactly kill them before they are all gone

seamonkey
04-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I am sick and tired of all these internet fishermen going online to rant about the status of the bass. In my estimates they are down a lot. I don't know how much. All I see is these know it alls who don't do SHI* when it comes to fighting for stripers., I will kill every legal keeper I catch this year. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell. dark if you want to ban me go right ahead.
In 2 weeks the back bay area will be littered with tents, trash, beer bottles, and plastic bait containers. I always bring home my trash, hardly see anyone else doing it. So if you internet fishermen want to do something to save the bass, how about you come down to the bay area and help organize a cleanup after some of these disgusting pigs. Thats all I got to say for now.

Hey I agree with you. As for the shouting on the internet I go on bassbarn and stripersonline all the time and the is a lot of shouting. I went to a striper meeting at galloway one time and 37 people showed up. Is that all the people that care about stripers? its all blah blah save the striper. Tough talk and no action. I agree about the trash too. Just started fishing the delaware the fish are definitely here. Still very spotty. Every day there will be more and more trash until it looks like the last day of a rock festival.
Rule to live by- people are pigs and they only care about themselves. No need to apologize if you keep a fish or not man. I have seen you give a lot of yourself to this site over the years. The little things like the water temperatures thread and advice on best times to be out there. Thank you and good luck to you too Sir!

cowherder
04-06-2015, 08:37 PM
ledhead congrats on the keeper and thanks for the heads up! You don't have to justify what you do to anyone and thanks for all the cool stuff you have posted. Learned a lot from it. This is the only site I post on. Can't stand the egos and finger pointing on some of the other sites. Good group here. I will be out toward the end of the week giving it hell! i think things will now finally get better with the warm weather this week. Tight lines guys!

Monty
04-06-2015, 09:26 PM
I was going to toss the first keeper back, I usually do. I am sick and tired of all these internet fishermen going online to rant about the status of the bass. In my estimates they are down a lot. I don't know how much. All I see is these know it alls who don't do SHI* when it comes to fighting for stripers., I will kill every legal keeper I catch this year. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell. dark if you want to ban me go right ahead.

:idea: Exactly kill them before they are all gone

Congrats on the Bass Ledhead.

Common sense for Jersey is to kill them all or at least as many as we can.
Jersey, home of Tom Fote, as corrupt as an appointed official could be.
Then the useless beach replenishment, killing all the creatures that live in the surf zone so that dollars are funneled to corrupt officials and politicians.
And the Pencil Popping Death Machines of NJ (well known throughout the east coast).

And you got to love that Jersey has a 2 fish limit and a bonus tag for striped bass.....Awesome. Jersey is a SPECIAL all right. I think all the other states have 1 @28 or larger. But not NJ, because Jersey is special.

Jersey should have a new slogan, maybe "Jersey, if it swims we want to kill it" or "New Jersey and you, lets kill striped bass" or "Jersey, the dead bass and garbage state" or simply "Jersey, the dead bass state" or "Jersey, kill bass, why? because Tom Fote says we should" or maybe "Welcome to NJ, dead bass R us" or "Tom Fote and the JCAA welcome you to NJ where we can kill more bass than any other state Boo-Ya!! :HappyWave:" or "JCAA/Tom Fote, excess dead bass, garbage on the beaches and beach replenishment, the Jersey shore grand slam".

hookedonbass
04-06-2015, 11:37 PM
hey ledhead congrats on that keeper 29" is a nice size you could of won a contest or money with that fish! Nice to see you guys here fishing and catching. Everyone else on the internet seems to just be talking about fishing. Way to set the bar and thanks for the report.

Blazin420
04-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Its time boys...Had a real good night 1st keeper and 8 others 4 in the 24-26in range all on the snot!!! Nice job on the keeper ledhead...Hey if ya wanna keep it its your right! I did release it for good mojo...I always do that with the first 1.. even tho i do want some fillets for the fridge..Seasons early im sure ill get more:d

hookedonbass
04-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Awesome guys these reports are getting me pumped. You def put in the time you deserve those fish. Less talking and more fishing that should be the site motto lol. Ill be out by Fri and hope to post some success.

fishinmission78
04-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Nice going fellas I'm going tonight. There has been a small amount of activity on plugs in the back a little south of where I live. Will keep you all posted.

storminsteve
04-07-2015, 08:22 PM
outstanding reports gents! Its time to fish will be out friday night fishing and scouting for dead things. Thanks for letting us know they are here.

wish4fish
04-07-2015, 10:45 PM
led me and the boyz fished the back tonite. he and me only caugght shorts but our buddy got one 32". bunker all over some on the shore. snagged some up for the cooler so we have freshies when the bigger ones r here in a few days. catch em up guyz. dark where you at? you suck! cmon dude get out heree:moon:

surferman
04-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Nice going guys! Bite is on in the delaware as well. ill be out on the weekend nice weather is finally upon us.

hookedonbass
04-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Awesome catches and reports guys. Fished last night from 10:30-12:30 am in light rain. Was using salted clams that I had in my freezer. I got one 24 inch striper, quickly released. Does anyone know where to get the freshest clams? I think that might give me better chances next time. thanks

plugcrazy
04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Nice work fellas and thanks for the intel! clams there used to be a clam place in port monmouth but I don't know if he got washed away by hurricane sandy or not.

SharkHart
04-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Hope to have some reports soon, this piece of crap website :2flip::d has my IP blocked at home so haven't been posting and last weekend was a wind out, kept me playing with the trout in PA, which was quite good

MattChicc on Instagram and Mttchicc fish tails on facebook if anyone wants to follow along on social media

Good luck to all, time to get some fish soon hopefully

robmedina
04-10-2015, 05:55 AM
I hate NJ!

finchaser
04-10-2015, 08:47 AM
I hate NJ!

So maybe you and Monty should move to NY :HappyWave:so you guy's won't have to complain much..

Monty
04-10-2015, 01:08 PM
So maybe you and Monty should move to NY :HappyWave:so you guy's won't have to complain much..

Wish I could, but family and work have me anchored in NJ. Someday.....someone catch on an artificial yet?

finchaser
04-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Would hate to see you go

Nope just snot to my knowledge

robmedina
04-10-2015, 05:09 PM
If I left NJ it wouldn't be for NY. Maybe NC or texas or the florida keys.....

finchaser
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM
If I left NJ it wouldn't be for NY. Maybe NC or texas or the florida keys.....

Now that makes sense thought you were going nuts like Monty

SharkHart
04-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Got me 4 Bass Friday night pluggin. 24-29" ers. All on end of incomming at an outgoing spot and a complete no show on the out :kooky:

DarkSkies
04-13-2015, 10:34 AM
my IP blocked at home so haven't been posting and last weekend was a wind out, kept me playing with the trout in PA, which was quite good

MattChicc on Instagram and Mttchicc fish tails on facebook if anyone wants to follow along on social media
Good luck to all, time to get some fish soon hopefully

Matt...it's a simple fix....text me with your exact IP that you have trouble with... and I can have it fixed for ya in 5 mins...I already texted ya the way to find your IP...let me know...
And good luck this year.....fish in your area have been caught on artificials for over a week now...Best of luck to ya this season...:HappyWave:

I block groups of IPs because of all the spammers who try to register on this site.
You guys never have to see spam, because of my diligence...
When we get hit with multiple spammers from one area,. I do a blanket IP block....several countries and ISPs are completely blocked because of the scams they play on the internet....
Sorry if yours or anyone else got caught up in a block...
I don't have much time to admin the site...had to try to keep it running as smoothly as possible without needing my constant attention....
Hope you can understand and appreciate all the work I do behind the scenes to keep you people safe from the idiots and criminals out there...

**Anyone else who has an issue like SharkHart had...and if you are a contributing member here...contact me and I'll have it fixed in a few minutes.....:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
04-13-2015, 10:53 AM
I hate NJ!

You should join the Mr Monty He-Man Jersey Haters club.:HappyWave:;)
Rob, it's time for ya to get out there...:thumbsup:..fish on Artificials being caught in your neighborhood...they might even take a fly presented to them on a cloudy or overcast afternoon......
I would love to hear about you catching one on one of your home-made flys.

Words of Wisdom...;) :HappyWave:

Wish I could, but family and work have me anchored in NJ. Someday.....someone catch on an artificial yet?

Friends close to Rob and Shark were catching on artificials as of April 1....the water warms up a bit quicker down there...and it seems that some of the small bait concentrations are different.....

And here's a special Salute to you and your LI Obsession....:moon::HappyWave:
No one I know in LI was catching fish on artificials on April 1....
The water is much colder there, with the exception of the power plant areas.....
If you wanted to catch bass on artificials on April 1...you had to be in that Stinky state of Jersey..:upck: :scared:....the one you hate so much...or further South....:HappyWave:

Would hate to see you go

He's already gone...:(..he put NJ on the plank ( and figuratively dumped the whole state)....just because they're covering all our jetties......
And because of a few corrupt politicians...
And because sometimes I sleep in PortoJohns...don't take a shower every day when chasing the fish on the migration and live in my car.....:scared:

What a fair weather friend you are...Mr Monty...:whoo: http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.png
abandoning our beautiful state and its diverse productive waters..I'm very sad......:laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

Still love ya anyway.....yer always welcome in NJ...we'll keep the light on for ya!:kiss:

fishinmission78
04-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Fished the back in atlantic county last night. 3 small runts on a mag darter. They hit hard. Felt good to shake the cob webs off.

seamonkey
04-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Awesome reports gentlemen. It has also heated up in the delaware. I got 5 shorts yesterday late afternoon. Worms. The guy about 100 yards down from us got a nice 22 pounder. It was the only fish he got all afternoon. He was happy and jumping up and down. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

hookset
04-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Same for me fnm. Got two decent bass this morning before sunup on the backside. One was 27" the other just missed the keeper mark. Both hit like freight trains. released. Love those MagDs.

clamchucker
04-13-2015, 03:19 PM
I took my grandson to an early season barnegat bay striper producing spot Sunday. He had a good time catching the little ones on clams. I think the bass are now spreading out from oyster creek and you will start to hear reports of them being caught all throughout the bay. This is the same pattern every year. I think this year the cold weather put the timing off.

hookedonbass
04-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Nice job boys! Seems like its getting better by the week! I'm going thurs hope to have a hit or 2 to report about.

Blazin420
04-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Nice to see the good reports!! WTG guys!!.... This past week was good to me and my buddy..Fished 3 nights...All 3 nights lots of bunker around.But no takers the clam bite was strong tho...Wont be long till some bigger fish are chasing them bunka!...We logged 30+ shorts in the back and a keeper each between the 3 nights...Nice to gets some decent weather also..

robmedina
04-14-2015, 09:06 PM
I think the bass are now spreading out from oyster creek and you will start to hear reports of them being caught all throughout the bay. This is the same pattern every year. I can't wait. I got the yak all ready to catch em up!

ledhead36
04-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Nice to see the good reports!! WTG guys!!.... This past week was good to me and my buddy..Fished 3 nights...All 3 nights lots of bunker around.But no takers the clam bite was strong tho...Wont be long till some bigger fish are chasing them bunka!...We logged 30+ shorts in the back and a keeper each between the 3 nights...Nice to gets some decent weather also..

Nice going blazing.Same here. Decent pic of small fish with one out of every 8-10 being a keeper. the water at the end of day seems to be warmer and picks the bite up. Clams clams clams. Tried a bunker head the other niight but no takers.

fishinmission78
04-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Picked up one smallbass this morning before dawn way in the back. MagD. Water is getting warmer and it should be on like gangbusters soon boys.

cowherder
04-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Awesome reports guys I am out there every night this weekend. Will be looking for dead things too. Thanks for the info

finchaser
04-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Finally caught a spring fish on a clam just as the dogwoods bloomed oh well it's yellowish close enough

Monty
04-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Finally caught a spring fish on a clam just as the dogwoods bloomed oh well it's yellowish close enough
LOL, very nice, congrats. I am is South Dakota, that pic is about as exciting thing that will happen on this trip.

finchaser
04-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Glad to here it excited you^^^^^ it came from the south Bronx if that cheers you up even more I know you hate NJ

Monty
04-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Glad to here it excited you^^^^^ it came from the south Bronx if that cheers you up even more I know you hate NJ
Yes, that's like icing on the cake, with a side of ice cream. There is no excitement in South Dakota. Because there is nothing here. Zilch.

Great to see action on the Jersey reports, congrats to all.
But no one can find a dead thing, yet. I think I saw like 5 dead prairie dogs on the side of the road out here (likely died of boredom).

finchaser
04-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Remember dead armadillo's are road kill on the half shell and considered a delicacy.:HappyWave: just want you to fit in

hookset
04-15-2015, 11:13 PM

Yeah I wanted to ask that too. monty whats up with the i hate NJ attitude. Did someone hide some turds in your wheaties dude? NJ is 170 miles long. You mean to say that in 170 miles there is not one fishing hole that can make you happy? What gives please explain. I must have not been paying attention when you guys had this discussion because I just don't get it?:don't know why:

cowherder
04-16-2015, 12:05 AM

Nice going finchaser! boat fish don't count!:HappyWave:

buckethead
04-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Nice job finchaser. It is nice to see you out and fishing again. I remember reading something here about your health and hope this year finds you in better shape and able to fish more.

I have been fishing 3 times this week out front. Sunday afternoon into dark on the outgoing produced nothing. Shads and bucktails. Yesterday I fished before dark as well on the outgoing. Picked up 4 short bass on a white shad crawled slowly. The water is cold and the fish didn't seem to be really aggressive. This morning I went again before dawn, and got one little bass again on a white shad. The onshore winds kicked up a bit and I cut it short. Still it is nice to see some bass starting to feed again.

jigfreak
04-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Way to go buckethead and finchaser. Thanks for the conditions report as well

Monty
04-16-2015, 07:40 PM
NJ is 170 miles long. You mean to say that in 170 miles there is not one fishing hole that can make you happy? What gives please explain. I must have not been paying attention when you guys had this discussion because I just don't get it?:don't know why:

I could find many places in this atrocious state that would make me happy fishing, but on Long Island I am ecstatic fishing there.
Same distance for me to drive to on some spots, the Montauk trips take ~ 2 hours 45 minutes to get there.....but are worth it to me. I was in awe of it last year.

GREAT reports everyone, hoping to get out and fish for the first time next Saturday night.

buckethead
04-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Fished the front this morning. Managed 8 smaller bass on a white shad. Great conditions out there. Saw some bunker moving far offshore.

Blazin420
04-18-2015, 07:01 AM
NIce job Buckethead!!...Fished last night end of the incoming and a coup,e hrs into the outgoing....Not what i was hoping for...WAYYYY to many people out and soooo much bunker around with nothing on them...The bunker made it real hard to keep aline in the water with out them tangling in the line!! Stil;l not a tap on fresh chunks...I avoided the skunk with 2 tiny bass,actually i think the bunker were bigger than the bass...Im about ready to head outfront,,,At least ill have more room!!

robmedina
04-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Hit the Delaware river on the yak yesterday. Nothing for me just a good workout! Especially now that I stopped taking Lipitor. I feel like a million bucks!

jigfreak
04-18-2015, 08:12 AM
Fished the back last night from 8-10pm. Picked up a bakers dozen bass to 11lbs. All on mag darter. Still swimming.

ledhead36
04-18-2015, 08:18 AM
Not what i was hoping for...WAYYYY to many people out and soooo much bunker around with nothing on them...The bunker made it real hard to keep aline in the water with out them tangling in the line!! Stil;l not a tap on fresh chunks...I avoided the skunk with 2 tiny bass,actually i think the bunker were bigger than the bass...Im about ready to head outfront,,,At least ill have more room!!

X 2. Spot on blazin.
Hung out in the dark with 300 of my closest friends. Pete from Atlantic B&T has been sending everyone to the same two spots. Its almost becoming like a circus. Got too crowded and went to another spot. 3 stripers to 25" on clams. Bunker all over. Most bunker I have seen in spring in a long time.

surferman
04-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Awesome reports guys! Good to here yous are catching them on lures. The big d is full of life. The herring and shad are there in full force. You cant keep the herring but they are def there. Big shad too.

hookedonbass
04-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Nice job fellas. Raritan bay must be on fire the boat are racking up the little guys. Will be out this weekend. Good luck to all.

Blazin420
04-18-2015, 10:59 AM
X 2. Spot on blazin.
Hung out in the dark with 300 of my closest friends. Pete from Atlantic B&T has been sending everyone to the same two spots. Its almost becoming like a circus. Got too crowded and went to another spot. 3 stripers to 25" on clams. Bunker all over. Most bunker I have seen in spring in a long time.

Nice! At least ya found a few!...And i was thinking the same thing about the bunker RB is LOADED!! Def more then ive seen in a while....I get pete is in the business to sell bait and i like his shop and he is friendly but jeez do ya have to be so damn specific!! I dont fish the popular spots he is talking about but the over flow from those spots make everywhere u go on RB an absolute ZOO like u said not to mention all the crap these D Bags leave behind!!! Same thing EVERY SINGLE SPRING!!...Sorry rant over!

hookedonbass
04-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Fished the back tonight it was windy. Went to a few places and finally got 2 short stripers on a SP

hookedonbass
04-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Nice! At least ya found a few!...And i was thinking the same thing about the bunker RB is LOADED!! Def more then ive seen in a while....I get pete is in the business to sell bait and i like his shop and he is friendly but jeez do ya have to be so damn specific!! I dont fish the popular spots he is talking about but the over flow from those spots make everywhere u go on RB an absolute ZOO like u said not to mention all the crap these D Bags leave behind!!! Same thing EVERY SINGLE SPRING!!...Sorry rant over!

Agree 100%.
the pigs are out in full force

plugcrazy
04-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Hit the Delaware river on the yak yesterday. Nothing for me just a good workout! Especially now that I stopped taking Lipitor. I feel like a million bucks!

What is that like- lipitor? They suggested my Dad take if for high cholesterol but we were wondering about the side affects.

plugcrazy
04-19-2015, 07:21 AM
fishing report fished the rb last night. Very crowded and wind blowing in different directions. I was using white storm shads, and also sp minnows. Got the skunk. Saw some guys using clams catch a bunch of shorts.

Monty
04-19-2015, 01:54 PM
What is that like- lipitor? They suggested my Dad take if for high cholesterol but we were wondering about the side affects.

If he ends up taking Lipitor make sure he gets the recommended blood tests and gets the results on schedule all the time. Extremely important (I know from family experience).

robmedina
04-20-2015, 06:44 AM
I don't want to distract from the reports- but my triglycerides were 767. It is a genetic eff up in me. Lipitor effects everyone differently. I have some normal body aches (don't know why) but with Lipitor it just felt like I had been beaten by a gorilla every day. Constant aches and pains. I am still not taking it and feel great. I want to wait a month to make sure it isn't a fluke. At that time my Doctor will prescribe a different cholesterol medicine.

I will tell you what- Lipitor brought me down from 767 to 248 in 2 weeks time. Of course my crazy body fought against it and I am back up to 360 something.

I am all messed up lol!

SharkHart
04-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Was trying out some new scenes over weekend, spent some time and RB and the Del river, found a pick of shorts both nights, I even chucked some clam as well plugs, lost one respectable fish. The RB would have been good sat night but the 15 N worth in my face and the zoo like crowds made it impossible to wade but i would get hits or fish if i could get off a long cast. The river is just not happening, got some contacts that been fishing it hard for no results, little concerning. My buddy got 2 drum targeting them in Del Bay so it makes it hard to say things are running behind.

If i know anything about Spring weakfish they will pop their heads up around 25-28th of this month.

wish4fish
04-20-2015, 10:22 AM
^^^the rb i had same thing happen too. there waz a few nights with sum good fish and then last nite i fished for 2 hours and only 2 short stripes. by this time every year we r usually crushin it.

surferman
04-20-2015, 06:34 PM
The river is just not happening, got some contacts that been fishing it hard for no results, little concerning. My buddy got 2 drum targeting them in Del Bay so it makes it hard to say things are running behind.

thats what I am seeing too. I had a week or so where I was catching some nice numbers and then pffft!
Where the heck could all the spawners be?

jigfreak
04-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Fished the back in OC last night in the rain. skunk city. Thats why they call it fishing and not catching

robmedina
04-21-2015, 10:15 AM
I got some left over bloods- gonna hit the Delaware tonight. Been seeing reports from down my way of fish over 40" caught.

SharkHart
04-21-2015, 11:41 AM
I got some left over bloods- gonna hit the Delaware tonight. Been seeing reports from down my way of fish over 40" caught.

Around the Tacony Palmyra is your best shot they seemed to have stalled there, not sure what that rain did though

ledhead36
04-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Fished the bay last night didn't do so well. Zippo. Miserable conditions.

jigfreak
04-21-2015, 11:15 PM
Back side was pretty good tonight. Wind died down. Incoming tide, big swimmers. Pulled in 5 bass to 13lbs. Nice and dark green fresh from the ocean. Released.

fishinmission78
04-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Back of OC last night. Not that great, 2 small guys on rubber shad. Have to put my rubber away the blues are here though. Guy I know got a 10 pounder. Can you say rubber chop?:burn:

fishinmission78
04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Nice going jigfreak heard of a decent bite to the north.

robmedina
04-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Around the Tacony Palmyra is your best shot they seemed to have stalled there, not sure what that rain did though

That's exactly where I was. Got a whooping 9" striper and a catfish. Must have beena bunch of schoolies- they kept tapping my bloodworms. The leaves were so bad on the outgoing that when I left I could only cast out 20 feet to be clear of the leaves. incidentally that's where I caught the fish. If I knew the schoolies would be in that close I would have brought my fly rod.

ledhead36
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
That's exactly where I was. Got a whooping 9" striper and a catfish. Must have beena bunch of schoolies- they kept tapping my bloodworms.

Sometimes the white perch are aggressive this time of year. Could of been them too. Nice report you will gett em next time.

ledhead36
04-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Fished the back last night it was pretty poor for us. Between the 3 of us managed 4 short stripers on bunker chunks and clams. Water temps in the bay have dropped like a stone.
No bluefish yet, thank god. A buddy got one about 8lbs across on the ny side. Time for stronger leaders gents.

hookset
04-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the honesty dude now I don't feel so bad. Fished the back 7-12pm in the dark and only picked up one small bass. Was tossing plugs and rubber shads. I think that cold water really does make a difference.

buckethead
04-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Took a walk oceanside this morning looking for some stripes with small bucktails and rubber. incoming tide. Got the skunk. The NW wind really pushed the surf down it was like a lake.

cowherder
04-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Fished the bay last night. God was it chilly! Felt like march out there instead of almost may. Skunk city for me too. Casted a variety of plugs. Was hoping for at least a bluefish. No such luck.

fishinmission78
04-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Mess of blues to 7lbs this morning. Barney Bay, small 4" polaris poppers. White was a good color, skinny racer bluefish. About 1 1/2 hours of a decent bite. They are there go get em gents.

plugcrazy
04-25-2015, 02:19 PM
Fished the back in occo last night. Pretty decent bite on clams. My 3 friends and I went out. Went through a bushel of clams between us all. Nothing really big in size but still fun to catch. 2 keepers we kept had nothing in their stomachs.

plugcrazy
04-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Mess of blues to 7lbs this morning. Barney Bay, small 4" polaris poppers. White was a good color, skinny racer bluefish. About 1 1/2 hours of a decent bite. They are there go get em gents.

Thanks that's what I was hearing too. We didn't see any caught last night. The guys said they had been in and out so I guess they r there. It's a good thing they don't like clams.

robmedina
04-26-2015, 07:47 AM
fished barny bay behind the lighthouse in the yak. I picked up a couple bunker to soak while I bucktailed and through other various lures. Water temp was 47 degrees. I paddled around and found a nice drop off by a buoy. I marked small pods of fish there and tried to anchor as close as I could but the current kept pulling me of anchor so I had to let more anchor line out to hold and then I was kind of too far. I threw bunker at them and bucktails with pork. No takers. I moved up towards a sand bar in towards the inlet because the current was causing a rip. Figured that would be a good ambush spot for predators so I went that way and did not mark any fish. Something caught my eye on the sandbar, a large dark mass. Went over to check it out, it was moving so I knew it was something. Large school of baitfish? couple of stingrays perhaps. I paddled over to it and was completely on top of it in 3.4 feet of water and that's when I saw its huge tail. Sand shark. Oh about 5 to 8 feet long. It did not seem to care about me but I did not want to give it a chance to so I got out of there.

went over to sege island - wind picked up then it was a fight to beat the wind and current to get back to where I launched. took me a long time. I ended up beaching towards the tip of the dike and wheeling my kayak all the way back.

It was a great workout I can say that!

cowherder
04-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Nice reports guys. Got out in the bay last night and it was pretty nice out there. Got one 26" bass on a yellow SP. I was really hoping for some blues. On the way home I stopped at a popular spot to see what the guys were doing. They said it was hit and miss. However I did see a very long bluefish about 37" long! It was skinny. The guy who got it said he got it on a clam and it weighed 15 lbs on his boga scale. So they are here. Hopefully more of them will start biting. I really want to catch some that size. Might go back tonight.

seamonkey
04-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Gents thanks for the intel. I fished the big d from 7-9 yesterday evening with bloods. I know they are catching some big fish have seen some 40 pounder pics on facebook. Got a few baby stripes. small fish. That period right around sunset seems to work for me. Still looking for a decent keeper. Time is running out.

storminsteve
04-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Good to hear someone is catching. I fished the back last night. Plugs and rubber. Not a sniff for me. Did see a few small bass taken on clam. Was hoping that the bluefish invasion would hit big time this weekend. That 15lb racer is good news. Maybe today or tomorrow more of them will come in.

hookedonbass
04-26-2015, 08:42 AM
Nice going fellas. Was fishing the back or rb last night with clams. 2 short stripers to 27 1/2 inch. didn't want to pinch the tail on that one there have been some fish and game guys around and I want to do the right thing. Actually I'm glad because guys are keeping shorts. It's good to see them get busted even when they pull the no hablo inglish BS. Good luck it seems more fish are coming in to the bay. It can only get better.

hookedonbass
04-26-2015, 08:43 AM
That 15lb racer is good news. Maybe today or tomorrow more of them will come in.

NOOOOOOOO!:scared:
just kidding dude, good luck.

plugcrazy
04-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Way to go gents.

surferman
04-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Fished this morning decided to try out front in cape may. Skunk city for me. Only 2 skates. I would be happy to catch some bluefish.

robmedina
04-26-2015, 08:03 PM
2 blues for me trolling sp minnow. barney bay.

surferman
04-26-2015, 10:45 PM
Very nice let the bluefish games begin!

robmedina
04-27-2015, 06:40 AM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19298&stc=1 Here is a pic of my second fish from yesterday. I couldn't seem to add it to my previous post this morning.

Blazin420
04-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Christened my new plugging setup yesterday afternoon..Picked up a healthy looking 24in on 1 of my teasers..Also had a good hit i missed and hap a good splash/swirl right after..Nice afternoon out there...The VS/CTS combo is sweet and super light..Ill be able to throw all night with it no problem http://www.stripersurf.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

robmedina
04-27-2015, 07:24 AM
I am drooling over that rig!:dribble:

DarkSkies
04-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Report from Team TCB from last Thu night...

1. Just to be clear, they have been out almost every night since the season opened...fishing hard for bass...so far up to Fri night,, their biggest bass so far was in the mid teens...lots of work for the fish they caught....)

2.The bass follow certain patterns every year....if you pay attention to these patterns sometimes you can strategize where they might sit for a while...and be available to guys fishing for them from land.....

3. Based on these patterns....I was pushing Team TCB to fish a certain area....they didn't want to go there as they were having some luck in another area....

4. I kept pushing and pushing them...telling them their time window was limited...as I know of a few spots where the fish consistently stage every year.....

They called me Thur night....hooting and shouting...sending me the pics you see posted here....

The nicest thing about that.....my one friend had his 16 year old son fishing with him......
And every single one of these guys got multiple nice fish....on bunker heads...including his son....
I don't have any kids...and grew up in a dysfunctional family....so it's a great joy to me to help Dads and their kids find fish.......:)

Congrats to Team TCB for an outstanding night of fishing....and finding some of the biggest fish from land so far...:clapping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm proud of you guys....all of ya's......including that stinky basstid Mikey BonZ....:laugh: :HappyWave:

All pics and report courtesy of Team TCB....
**We delayed posting these...to allow them to fish that bite in peace.....until it was done....
(something some of the other young guns on Facebook might want to consider.....):learn:

[Their Report.....
Team TCB all over fish to 31 pounds late night bite. Incredible large body of bass in Raritan Bay. Electric Fresh Bunker works every time]

fishinmission78
04-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Nice fish. congrats tcb.Fished the OC surf after work yesterday. Nada. Went to the bay and pulled some large blues in on poppers right before sunset.

surferman
04-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Looks like the gators are all over north jersey now. You guys are lucky.

buckethead
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
R
I'm proud of you guys....all of ya's......including that stinky basstid Mikey BonZ....:laugh: :HappyWave:

All pics and report courtesy of Team TCB....
**We delayed posting these...to allow them to fish that bite in peace.....until it was done....
(something some of the other young guns on Facebook might want to consider.....):learn:

Congratulations to the TC Crew. Looks like some nice fish there. Thanks for sharing dark.
Spot on about the delay in posting smart move.

Fished the surf in moco for sunrise today. Ocean very flat no one else on the beach. Beginning of outgoing tide should have been good. Not for me. Picked up one skate on a bucktail and pork.

surferman
04-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Nice job gents those are some fatties! Fished CM after work yesterday with fresh clams. Beautiful conditions caught the skunk.

storminsteve
04-29-2015, 08:22 PM
Awesome catches fellas. Really like that idea about keeping a good thing quiet. It takes work to figure it out. why would you want to share that with 500 guys you don't know. My report fished rb skated out early from work today and was on the water by 4pm. Managed 2 blues to 8lbs on a 1/2 oz bucktail with red pork rind. Lots of fun. They may not be a lot of them but there are definitely here.