PDA

View Full Version : Fishing and Everything else thread....Life's Lessons.....

DarkSkies
04-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Some of ya's told me you missed the threads I started here.....
I don't know how anyone could "miss" or "want more of" my thousand word....multi paragraph rants on the fisheries...:kooky:...... and how significantly the striped bass have declined.....:scared:

I do know I have a talent for inspiring some things and people out there....thought about writing but haven't had the time yet....

In the meantime, I decided to put a few thoughts down that I was thinking today....
You folks feel free to do the same if you want....
That's what makes it nice for me around here....

I can start a thread...and you folks can jump in and give it life......
So let's see what you can do with this one.....:thumbsup:

DarkSkies
04-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Basically an

1."Observations on Life" thread

2.as it relates to fishing or the site dynamics here...

Anyone is fair game....If anyone wants to opt out of the thread....send me a PM and I'll make it so...

Otherwise, feel free to make funny observations and notes about things you may have noticed here...
Or out in the fishing world...

As they relate to General Human Behavior....and the fishing we do....
Feel free to poke fun at me or my antics like some of ya's usually do...

It's a good thing Finchaser is on vacation....because the first 5 pages of this thread would be filled with Obama rants....:scared:.

Just a few small courtesies/Guidelines...
A. Remember it's all in good fun....
B. If you don't like to laugh at yourself, don't join in...
C. Life is short....let's try to be as funny as we can without being stupid....
D. I think (and hope) that this is one of the few sites on the internet we can do this...without egos jumping in and it turning bad...
E. as always...thanks for your best adult behavior....:HappyWave:

Life is short...and if we can't laugh at ourselves....:)
What's the point of living? :don't know why:

Here's a few....

Whatever Can go Wrong....Will go wrong....(my experience fishing artificials for the first 5 years)

Wherever I am fishing, is a place where I will hear...."Dude ya should have been here yesterday we CRUSHED em!!"

DarkSkies
04-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Some special ones for Mr Monty.....:moon: :kiss: :HappyWave:

1. If NJ beaches were teeming with 22YO hot surfer chicks in the smallest bikinis...9 months of the year....along with 15lb bluefish, and 40lb bass to be caught regularly from the surf....
Mr Monty would still prefer LI. :plastered:

2. If there were a few nights of great sustained action in the back of JBay, nasty industrial area but nice fat aggressive fish....Monty would rather go to Montauk for the white water....

3. Merely carrying Big Wood, in your bag...does not qualify one to be a Montauk Regular.....:eek:

4. When you met "that guy Darkskies" that night on the beach....
maybe it wasn't a good idea you became friends....:don't know why:....look at all the intense text convos you have had with that lunatic....;)
Don't you have anything better to do...... than put up with that nutcase? :ROFLMAO :kooky: :HappyWave:

Monty
04-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Life's lessons Keep things in perspective
Replies in red

Some special ones for Mr Monty.....:moon: :kiss: :HappyWave:

1. If NJ beaches were teeming with 22YO hot surfer chicks in the smallest bikinis...9 months of the year....along with 15lb bluefish, and 40lb bass to be caught regularly from the surf....
Mr Monty would still prefer LI. :plastered: Have you been to Ditch Plains and seen the Surfer Chicks? In my 15 years + surf fishing Jersey I never saw one that came even close to what is at Ditch Plains

2. If there were a few nights of great sustained action in the back of JBay, nasty industrial area but nice fat aggressive fish....Monty would rather go to Montauk for the white water.... Have you fished the South Side of Montauk under the stars?

3. Merely carrying Big Wood, in your bag...does not qualify one to be a Montauk Regular.....:eek: LOL, it's my way of poking you... My goal this year when I am fishing there is to try to keep my mouth closed as I was absolutely in awe of the place and either had my mouth open in awe or a silly smile on my face as in I was fishing the most incredible Surf Fishing structure I could imagine.

4. When you met "that guy Darkskies" that night on the beach....
maybe it wasn't a good idea you became friends....:don't know why:....look at all the intense text convos you have had with that lunatic....;)
Don't you have anything better to do...... than put up with that nutcase? :ROFLMAO :kooky: :HappyWave: It was hilarious when you started yelling obscenities at me. :ROFLMAO . Plus besides the exercise I get when fishing with you (walking many miles) I have learned a lot about fishing (thanks), had a lot of laughs too. Plus given your current state of mind and my contrarian ways, me doing exactly the opposite of what you say now is really working. You need to get off your *** and fish more!!!!

seamonkey
04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Life's lessons Keep things in perspective
2. If there were a few nights of great sustained action in the back of JBay, nasty industrial area but nice fat aggressive fish....Monty would rather go to Montauk for the white water.... Have you fished the South Side of Montauk under the stars?

3. Merely carrying Big Wood, in your bag...does not qualify one to be a Montauk Regular.....:eek: LOL, it's my way of poking you... My goal this year when I am fishing there is to try to keep my mouth closed as I was absolutely in awe of the place and either had my mouth open in awe or a silly smile on my face as in I was fishing the most incredible Surf Fishing structure I could imagine.

Replies in red

Sorry dude I have never been to montauk so maybe I am out of line here. dudes its just fishing! what does it matter if it is a river bay inlet or beach. I fish where its good. Maybe I just don't get it. The big d is a nasty place and every year someone catches giant bass from there. You should see the areas I go to. Coffee cups mcdonalds wrappers bait boxes and beer cans. if the fish are there who cares what it looks like?
I have to ask this. dark skies are you and monty dating?:ROFLMAO Less poetry and more fishing! I will go to where the fish are and I don't care if inner city or not they dont seem to care and neither do I. Just my .02
only kidding you guys here this is a funny thread. I am totally bustee cool with the rules so bust me all you want!

surferman
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Wherever I am fishing, is a place where I will hear...."Dude ya should have been here yesterday we CRUSHED em!!"

lol If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that I would be rich.

hookset
04-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Can we have some deep thoughts here too?
If a school of bunker gets savaged by big bluefish and chopped into little pieces- can you hear them scream?:laugh:

fishinmission78
04-28-2015, 08:36 AM
^^^^Haha love that the silent scream of the poor bunker!

surfrob
04-28-2015, 04:13 PM
You catching? Nah, nothing here.

Any fish around? No, the run is {late, early, never started... insert favorite here}

hookedonbass
04-28-2015, 04:57 PM
You catching? Nah, nothing here.

This is one of my favorites! If its a family with dad kids and mom I might say hey I got some this morning you need clams and 8oz to hold make sure you heave it out to the 2nd trough thats where the fish are. When those guys come on the beach and all look the same with high end surfcaster gear like they stepped out of the GQ fashion shoot, that is exactly what I tell them surfrob. Or I say yea I heard they had a blitz down the beach an hour ago. Anything to get them out of my spot lol.

surfrob
04-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Life Lesson: things can always be worse

Life lesson: strike while the iron is hot

Murphy was an optimist.

Blazin420
04-29-2015, 03:03 PM
This is one of my favorites! If its a family with dad kids and mom I might say hey I got some this morning you need clams and 8oz to hold make sure you heave it out to the 2nd trough thats where the fish are. When those guys come on the beach and all look the same with high end surfcaster gear like they stepped out of the GQ fashion shoot, that is exactly what I tell them surfrob. Or I say yea I heard they had a blitz down the beach an hour ago. Anything to get them out of my spot lol.
Also 1 of my favorites....I do the same Hooked if there are kids with a family i will do my best to give them tips to increase there chances...I dont no how many times in the summer i gave a dad with kids a handfull of GULP for them to catch some fluke or even searobins(cause kids for the most part dont care what they catch)...But i always no when that guy walks on the beach and i see him heading right for me..I no exactly what he is gonna say "catch anything yet,my buddy said he killed them yesterday on (insert whatever here)"...Its just annoying to be honest and i ALWAYS give the same answer no matter what"Nah nothin yet.."....I dunno about anyone else but i NEVER walk on the beach and ask anyone anything.I LIKE TO FIND OUT FOR MYSELF!!! I dont even like to talk to anyone unless we are friends and i no them well... Most guys probably walk away sayin"****" but i dont care im on the beach to fish not tell fish stories thats what the bar is for.. Plus what does that get you everyone knows there is not a fisherman in the world that tells the actual truth!!!

I also enjoy the guy using a upside down spinning rod who comes over to tell me what to use and how to catch hahaha...Hey buddy try flippin that rod around...

Blazin420
04-29-2015, 03:08 PM
When you leave home early in the AM and think you've taking care of that morning "duce" only to walk all the way to your spot and have the most diabolical feeling in your stomach and having a crap that came from satan:devil: on deck knowing your in no way going to make it to a bathroom in time!!!!! Hahaha absolute WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!!

surfrob
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Blaze... that's the worst thing about growing older.

'nuf said!

edit: ok pertinent to the thread...

as ol'Jack stated: NEVER trust a fart

storminsteve
04-29-2015, 08:26 PM
When you leave home early in the AM and think you've taking care of that morning "duce" only to walk all the way to your spot and have the most diabolical feeling in your stomach and having a crap that came from satan:devil: on deck knowing your in no way going to make it to a bathroom in time!!!!! Hahaha absolute WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD!!!!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: I was home chilling out and saw this. Spit my beer all over the screen! Blaze you owe me a beer! This is the funniest post I read all spring!!!! Nasty but rofl at the same time! Yes I have had that happen to me and it's not pretty. Surfrob sometimes its NOT just a fart. The liquid running down your leg makes it real.

plugcrazy
04-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Surfrob sometimes its NOT just a fart. The liquid running down your leg makes it real.

:upck: Threw up a bit in my mouth when imagining that visual. some sick stuff. You guys are mental. Keep em coming!
I can't even come close to that example. One time I was out fishing. Made the trip to wawa and had 2 giant coffees. Didn't want to miss any bites by falling asleep. You know when mt vesuvious is ready to explode you start to feel the rumbling. I used my home depot orange bait bucket as the quick relief toilet. Washed it out but didn't want to bring it home with me so I left it in the dunes.

lostatsea
04-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Awesome stuff dudes! The old man and the sea.
Life lesson: when you have to go you have to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_eqrmzWJ4A

DarkSkies
05-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I have to ask this. dark skies are you and monty dating?:ROFLMAO I will go to where the fish are and I don't care if inner city or not they dont seem to care and neither do I. Just my .02
only kidding you guys here this is a funny thread. I am totally bustee cool with the rules so bust me all you want!

Nope he's not my type. :laugh: :HappyWave: Seriously, we text insults to each other daily.....
Same with finchaser and some of the other nutcases here.....:HappyWave: Some of them are too offensive for a public website...but it's all in good fun....we don't get offended....we know it's not real.....just good friendly ball busting........glad you and others could see the humor in it......

We constantly harass each other about "not fishing". I hadn't yet been out fishing until the other night...just no time for it...and Monty refuses to fish NJ...ever again...despite the great blue fish action we have right now....in several areas......
He kept sending me pics of korkers and asking me if I remember what they look like..:2flip:..that's what friends do..... bust the hell out of each other...at least that's what most of my friends and I do....

Keeping that in mind........and embellishing whenever I get a chance......

Dark, snap out of it!!! Back to reality!!!!
This thread is a serious Long Island Reports thread.
Please only post reports here or I will need to take some sort of action.

Post Long Island/NJ non reports stuff here http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10004-2015-LI-Fishing-Reports-NJ-Can-S**K-it! (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10004-2015-LI-Fishing-Reports-NJ-Can-S**K-it%21)

Long Island Reports only going further on this thread :headbang: (you jerseyites are just out of control sometimes).

OK folks...per Monty's wishes.....

I have a name change to report......

Monty has been going through some bizarre behavior.....

Kind of like Mike Tyson changing his name and getting that insane tattoo on his face....:kooky: :scared:

If you want his help or advice from Monty now on....his new nick name is
ALI (per his request) :laugh: :HappyWave:

A lways
L ong
I sland :fishing:

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/don%27t%20know%20why.gif
We wish Ali well, with his new name and path in life.....;) :HappyWave:

basshunter
05-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Funny thread. blazing that was hilarious thanks for sharing. I have some deep thoughts for you guys.
They say if a bear ***** in the forest does anyone know. So if a fish is half asleep at night in calm water and farts does it really know?
When I was a kid I use to think the bubbles coming out of the water were fish farts. Maybe weird but my Dad told me that so I believed him.

surferman
05-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Monty refuses to fish NJ...ever again...despite the great blue fish action we have right now....in several areas......
Kind of like Mike Tyson changing his name and getting that insane tattoo on his face....:kooky: :scared:

If you want his help or advice from Monty now on....his new nick name is
ALI (per his request) :laugh: :HappyWave:

A lways
L ong
I sland :fishing:

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/don%27t%20know%20why.gif
We wish Ali well, with his new name and path in life.....;) :HappyWave:

Hey whatever floats your boat dudes. Reminds me of muhammed ali a little.
Does anyone remember this song about muhammed ali?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW5qF9fheXw

surferman
05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
hey monty no disrespect intended but there is some great monster blues in NJ right now. I drove all the way from cape may county yesterday. I was standing on a dock in the barnegat bay with about 50 other guys. It was crowded but everyone was nice and polite and few tangles. Best bluefish catching from the shore that I have had in 15 years. Lost count after 20. Got blues up to 15 lbs woo hoo! I was using bucktail and pork rind. I did not think bluefish could shred pork rind but they did!
Thanks for all the reports and general info. Get out there while it lasts gents. You are def lucky to have action close where you don't have to drive 80 miles to get to the fish. I have never seen blues like that down by us.
On another unrelated subject did anyone see the MayPacq fight last night? Totally unexpected I thought Pacq stood a fair chance.

hookedonbass
05-06-2015, 09:14 AM
lifes lesson do not use a nice pencil popper when the blues are around! Last night I lost a gene fishonplugs pencil when I had a blue fiah on and another one bit right through the line while I was bringing him in. If anyone finds a white and red fishonolugs popper with bluefish marks on it hope you use it well and it brings good karma to you.