PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for June 2015 - www.StripersAndAnglers.com

DarkSkies
05-30-2015, 09:10 AM
Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....:idea:

3. Location -
Out front....
out back.....
or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

** Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group! :thumbsup:

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.

DarkSkies
05-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Late Spring Recap
June is usually a great month for fishing ...some observations so far.....
(I'll try to post this in the S&A State of the Fishery thread when I get a chance)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7784-StripersandAnglers-yearly-coastwide-fish-stock-assessment-state-of-the-fishery

1. The Northern activity in the Raritan bay/NY Bight.... (as had been predicted)....petered out as the Hudson Bass went up the Hudson to spawn....by some accounts it was one of the shortest-lived spawns in recent years....By May 16 bass were moving downriver.....and as of this date have moved on quickly.
Although some have remained in the RB/ NY Bight...in the usual areas....A large % of bass are now in the Western Sound....along with giant bluefish.....following the vast schools of bunker.

2. The BBay bass and blue action seemed to wane in consistency....but the inlets, and anywhere the bunker are...still seem to hold some solid fish.........

3. Weather is probably a big factor in that action, or more importantly the specific pattern....South and SE winds the last 2 weeks have brought the surf in Ocean and parts of Monmouth counties down to as low as 46 in some areas......It seems fish are being trolled out deep...also some action in that early pre-dawn window in bunker schools......but no one is jumping up and down and calling this the best year for bass ever......

4. Chesapeake/Delaware Bass.....The naive optimism of some puzzles me.....I recently was sent some internet comments about how most bass are "still" down South....

In some examples these are specific, concentrated cases..........what has happened is there are some usual hotspots....from Assateague Island to the Atlantic County NJ Area...where the bass will gather and feed for a short detour on the northern migration.
This year...many of the inshore hotspots seem to be where highest concentrations of bunker....and squid....have been found....
Bass have held in Southern NJ for far longer than they usually do.....again due primarily to high forage concentrations

Nonetheless, Chesapeake and Delaware bass are already being caught along the SS of LI and out east in Montauk.....
It seems some of them are again bypassing Central Jersey and migrating across the Mudhole.

5. Chesapeake Bass.....2 weeks ago.....Pebbles and I were at a conference in Va Beach.....We came back over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge....20 miles of bridge, and not one striped bass was being caught....all the locals had turned their attention to Drum...
It was a sobering thought to me...that the vast Chesapeake....had been (emptied) of migratory bass....

I'm sure a few could have been caught by some of us at night from the bridge pilings.....but the lack of striped bass was shocking....I sent some of you texts to remember that fact the next time a Charter Capt boasts there are "more striped bass than ever".

6. Striped bass can move quickly on their Spring and Fall migration.....documented as much as 10-15 miles per day......I have gotten so many comments this year..."Well we crushed em there yesterday and today it's like the dead sea".....
It's difficult to predict where they will be from one day to the next...when they are constantly moving....

7. Beach Replenishment......Dirty Water.....Destroyed forage habitat.....

The beach replenishment, and disruption of good bottom and forage sources, has definitely changed the pattern of bass and other species hugging the beach on their migration....

However...to those who would say those bass have all simply moved offshore....I ask them to explain the presence of giant bluefish....in the very surf the striped bass are absent from....:learn:

No matter how you look at it....beach replenishment has changed some things for the worse...and it will be a long time before things revert back to how some of us remember...

Something to think about....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

DarkSkies
05-30-2015, 10:07 AM
** The one thing that folks are griping about....the cold water and South winds...:burn:
May be the very thing that prolongs the run for those who fish NJ/ NY Bight and Coastal areas..

Folks need to remember that during migration,
1.food sources
2. and water temps are key factors that cause bass to make slight alterations in their trips....

It takes the ocean temps a while to adjust upward or downward....and it could be weeks before the temps are high enough to push the remaining bass north....

Recent days have seen a huge concentration of bunker gathering in parts of Ocean and Monmouth counties......this could be the beginning of some better inshore and surf fishing..or not...only time will tell....

The great opportunities of today...may last a few weeks....or they may be gone tomorrow....

**Another reminder for the bluefish...
Although some of us take them for granted....or curse them as being a hindrance for catching bass...the big ones will only stick around as long as water temps and food source are to their comfort.....and will soon be gone offshore to spawn......

Catch them while you can....this 2015 Spring will be looked back on...as one of the best...for inshore and surf bluefish action......:learn:
Wishing you all the best...and good luck.....:HappyWave:

voyager35
05-30-2015, 12:00 PM
A few bass and blues yesterday at the Rocks. Water was cold. They were hot on bunker chunks and livies. More blues than bass. We did pull some bass to 29lbs before sunrise. Kept 2 for the table at 20 and 22#.

baitstealer
05-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Very nice! Hope we can see fish like that in the surf soon. I been out two times this past week and got skunked.

fishgutz
05-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Came down to visit the in laws this weekend. Tried my luck outside the manasquan inlet this morning. Fished from 4-7. High tide and outgoing. Was very foggy. Tossed bucktail, metal, and the SP. One stray cocktail blue on bucktail. Wow. Wasn't expecting a cow but a little better than that. I'll probably catch more fish when I go back home. I guess as you said the water is cold. Hope the fishing improves for you guys soon. We did have a nice time walking the point pleasant boardwalk so all was not lost. Also drove down the highway and got some cheesesteaks that were to die for. Maybe the name of the place was pats pizza? Definitely reccommend.

buckethead
05-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Nice going capt. nothing for me in moco this morning. Extreme fog made it interesting. Water still cold. May try again this afternoon further north.

jigfreak
05-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Fished moco yesterday 5-9pm. BTW anyone looking to fish on the public beaches they don't kick you off once it's 5pm. At least that's what I found in some places. Got into some large gorillas about an hour before sundown. White and lime green pencil poppers did the most damage. Check your leaders guys there are some big blues out there.

jigfreak
05-30-2015, 07:20 PM
7. Beach Replenishment......Dirty Water.....Destroyed forage habitat.....

The beach replenishment, and disruption of good bottom and forage sources, has definitely changed the pattern of bass and other species hugging the beach on their migration....

However...to those who would say those bass have all simply moved offshore....I ask them to explain the presence of giant bluefish....in the very surf the striped bass are absent from....:learn:

No matter how you look at it....beach replenishment has changed some things for the worse...and it will be a long time before things revert back to how some of us remember...

Something to think about....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

I agree. It makes me sick to think what a waste of $$ this is. Its our money because we are all taxpayers. Total welfare for the rich and half of it will be gone by next spring. eff pallone and the acoe.

hookset
05-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Nice effort fellas. I was out from 5-7 this morning and it looked like that movie the fog. Managed a few blues on polaris popper. One was nice around 10 lbs. the other 2 were literally only a bit bigger than the popper. Pee wee blues have arrived.

seamonkey
05-31-2015, 11:47 AM
Fished cape may this morning. Water wasn't that bad and got a little warmer from the last time I was out. 2 stripers on fresh clams. One was a keeper 29". Funny thing- it had nothing but a few crabs in his stomach when I cleaned it.

porgy75
05-31-2015, 12:54 PM
Just got back from somoco. Fished from 6- 8. Skunkola. Then drove up and down to nomoco didn't see anyone else catching. It got really foggy out and with the south wind the only numbers of people I saw on the beach were the surfers. Many of the other beaches were like a ghost town. Strange weather we keep having.

SharkHart
05-31-2015, 02:11 PM
Wish things were going better for guys fishing north of LBI, this is such a great group of guys I hate to even report right now, I dont know what it means for north fishing but south of AC has a very solid body of stripers, there was an all time classic night friday with big fish, I even ventured far south one night to cape may and the fish were violently crashing water every 15-20 mins dead in close but very very pickey, got a few there. I also got my new PB @ 43lbs on a yellow wood northbar, felt great hugging her taking her back out for the release. I allowed a super unexperienced angler from my work to tag along (claimed to be experienced) he showed up in a bathing suit and trout vest, watching him trying to unhook a 38 lber with forceps was priceless. I lost some respect with some hard core guys I know well every time they hooked up my goog buddy would get 10 yards and shine a strong flashlight on them because he wanted to watch as a spectator, i was like dude thats gotta stop!

plugcrazy
05-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Wow bass to 43 lbs from shore that sounds like a dream that came true! Congrats on your pb and thanks for sharing.

fishinmission78
05-31-2015, 03:15 PM
Nice catching sharkhart. And on the pb as well. Island beach has been a dead zone. A few of my friends catching bass and blues at night on meat but not a hell of a lot going on. That south wind has sucked for us. Surprised it hasn't hurt anyone fishing in south jersey but them's the breaks.

basshunter
05-31-2015, 03:48 PM
Whoa nice work dude. Send some of those fish up to moco please!

SharkHart
05-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Nice catching sharkhart. And on the pb as well. Island beach has been a dead zone. A few of my friends catching bass and blues at night on meat but not a hell of a lot going on. That south wind has sucked for us. Surprised it hasn't hurt anyone fishing in south jersey but them's the breaks.

It has, I meant to say that, the south wind that is, the days its stiff dead south, it slows down, light southeast has been fine though, you can feel it go up and down 2-5 degrees. The cooler water has beeen holding them in area though I think

lostatsea
05-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Awesome report congrats!

dogfish
05-31-2015, 08:12 PM
I allowed a super unexperienced angler from my work to tag along (claimed to be experienced) he showed up in a bathing suit and trout vest, watching him trying to unhook a 38 lber with forceps was priceless. I lost some respect with some hard core guys I know well every time they hooked up my goog buddy would get 10 yards and shine a strong flashlight on them because he wanted to watch as a spectator, i was like dude thats gotta stop!

You jersey guys must be real tolerant. If he did that at the Canal he would probably end up in the water.

dogfish
05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Late Spring Recap
June is usually a great month for fishing ...some observations so far.....
(I'll try to post this in the S&A State of the Fishery thread when I get a chance)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7784-StripersandAnglers-yearly-coastwide-fish-stock-assessment-state-of-the-fishery

.By May 16 bass were moving downriver.....and as of this date have moved on quickly.
Although some have remained in the RB/ NY Bight...in the usual areas....A large % of bass are now in the Western Sound....along with giant bluefish.....following the vast schools of bunker.

I agree. I have some buds in RI that were into some good striped bass this week. A 50 was caught and several others in the 40's. those fish move real quick. The one thing that stops them is the porgy and the squid. It's a bonus squid crop this year they are all over.

Blazin420
06-01-2015, 07:06 AM
Great job Shark seems your having a great spring!! I jealous brotha! WTG! Bass have disappeared from my spots up here in NoMoCo/MoCo actually they never really showed up in numbers IMHO...So Me and my bud hit the water yesterday am for some flatties..Water was a bit dirty but we managed 3 each he had 1 keeper at 18in and i had 1 fall just short at 17.5in...All mine came on the shrimp GULP in natural color on the teaser..Nice morning even tho the action was slow..All the others were small 14inchers..missed 1 or 2..

storminsteve
06-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Yeah shark you da man! Wish we could have something even close to that. This water here is COLD! Fished nomoco last night from 7-11pm. Got one short fluke and 1 decent blue on bucktail and pork rind.

robmedina
06-01-2015, 06:24 PM
swim trunks and trout vest bwah hah hah........removing the hook with forceps...bwah hah hah wish you shot some video of that it would have been hilarious!

hookedonbass
06-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Wish things were going better for guys fishing north of LBI, this is such a great group of guys I hate to even report right now, I dont know what it means for north fishing but south of AC has a very solid body of stripers, there was an all time classic night friday with big fish, I even ventured far south one night to cape may and the fish were violently crashing water every 15-20 mins dead in close but very very pickey, got a few there. I also got my new PB @ 43lbs on a yellow wood northbar, felt great hugging her taking her back out for the release.

Great job Shark seems your having a great spring!! I jealous brotha! WTG!

Yeah that seems like some awesome action. Congrats and please send some our way.
congrats as well for releasing that cow!

buckethead
06-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Nice going shark hart. Good job on the release as well.

buckethead
06-02-2015, 02:18 PM
I fished moco this morning. with high tides at good times for the AM I was hoping for a few stray bass. It wasn't that bad out there. Lots of white water but fishable if you could get past the breakers. Gave it a go with 2 oz diamond jig with yellow tail. Still no fish for me.

fishinmission78
06-02-2015, 02:33 PM
It has, I meant to say that, the south wind that is, the days its stiff dead south, it slows down, light southeast has been fine though, you can feel it go up and down 2-5 degrees. The cooler water has beeen holding them in area though I think

Thanks for the response. Def a strange year for sure.

seamonkey
06-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I allowed a super unexperienced angler from my work to tag along (claimed to be experienced) he showed up in a bathing suit and trout vest, watching him trying to unhook a 38 lber with forceps was priceless. I lost some respect with some hard core guys I know well every time they hooked up my goog buddy would get 10 yards and shine a strong flashlight on them because he wanted to watch as a spectator, i was like dude thats gotta stop!

Wow that's hilarious! you should have told him no watching get back to fishing! and kept him from the goog zone! Hes lucky to have a friend like you to take him along. Nice report and awesome fish good job.

seamonkey
06-02-2015, 05:11 PM
swim trunks and trout vest bwah hah hah........removing the hook with forceps...bwah hah hah wish you shot some video of that it would have been hilarious!

Def would have love to see that video lol!

Blazin420
06-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Had a small window to fish this afternoon...330-630 outfront..Water was a bit off color and very little weeds but wash definitly fishey..Threw it all x2 not a tap...Real lack of fish up here...http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/no.gif Didnt feel like a total skunk since i found a dead thing:huh:wait does that sound messed up??LOL:laugh::laugh:

fishinmission78
06-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Took a ride to the ocean before work today. didn't fish. The ocean is cleaning up nicely and the rains stopped. Water looked fishy with decent white water but no signs of life. Let's keep our fingers crossed we'll get some fish in the surf soon.

buckethead
06-04-2015, 09:47 AM
Moco again from 5-7. white water and decent conditions but no bass or blues.

finchaser
06-04-2015, 10:34 AM
7 bass to 31" and 3 small blues all on plugs all released

cowherder
06-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Wow nice going and congrats on the releases as well!

surferman
06-04-2015, 03:17 PM
finchaser that's awesome its nice to know there are still some stripers around way to go! buckethead you rarely get skunked this many times in a row.

Do you guys think allot of the stripers are passing offshore this year? I heard they are catching them in massachusetts already.

jigfreak
06-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Dude you can't catch what isn't there. They should have made jersey a one bag limit for bass just like the other states. My .02. This is the worst year ever for me since the 80's.

lostatsea
06-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Nice going guys you can't win it if you're not in it. Fished moco this morning. Incoming tide out back. It was windy but found a place where the wind was at my back. Got one medium blue on yellow bomber.

buckethead
06-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Do you guys think allot of the stripers are passing offshore this year? I heard they are catching them in massachusetts already.
I'm sure a lot of them passed offshore. The simple fact is they are migratory fish. They move even when the weather is bad. When the weather is bad and we can't get out to fish they are still moving. I have friends who live in MA who say a new push of bigger fish has arrived.

The other side to that is what jigfreak said. you can't catch - what isn't there.

buckethead
06-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Dude you can't catch what isn't there. They should have made jersey a one bag limit for bass just like the other states. My .02. This is the worst year ever for me since the 80's.

Totally agree with that. Not doing so just puts NJ at the forefront of the selfishness. This striper fishery is not healthy. We should be able to pick small bass from rocks or jetty areas this time of year without trying too hard. Same for the rivers. That's just not the case here. This is my worst year in a long time as well.
Congrats on the fish finchaser. I'm sure you worked hard for them. Well done.

hookset
06-04-2015, 03:57 PM
We should be able to pick small bass from rocks or jetty areas this time of year without trying too hard. Same for the rivers. That's just not the case here. This is my worst year in a long time as well.
Congrats on the fish finchaser. I'm sure you worked hard for them. Well done.

I agree. Shrewsbury and Navesink were usually money for me this time of year. When the bunker were here there were some decent fish on em. What is so noticeable is those rivers used to be loaded with schoolies. This year and last not so much. I don't know if its runoff of oxygen levels but it really sucks now. Kudos on the catch finchaser.

baitstealer
06-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Finchaser nice going with the stripers! Awesome report. With the heavy seas I will be out soaking some clams this weekend. I know the fishing is not so good but we have to try right? Wish me luck.

bababooey
06-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Leave it to fin chaser to get fish when no one else is. Fishing the private pound again? did you use the helicopter pilot or the piper cub to get there? way to go big guy. :HappyWave:

VSdreams
06-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Wow with all this bad weather it is awesome to hear someone is still catching. congrats.

finchaser
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Leave it to fin chaser to get fish when no one else is. Fishing the private pound again? did you use the helicopter pilot or the piper cub to get there? way to go big guy. :HappyWave:

Nope used one of Darks scouts and fished the back where bait goes to hide in a Northeaster and fish come to eat all but one were 20 to 26"

finchaser
06-04-2015, 05:38 PM
Couldn't agree more:clapping: thanks to Tom Fote:2flip::beatin:

basshunter
06-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Good job Sir. Have read your reports over the years. If anyone knows where and when to fish it seems like you have got the patterns down.

basshunter
06-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Couldn't agree more:clapping: thanks to Tom Fote:2flip::beatin:

Add pallone to that list to. He declined to vote for the magnusson stevens update.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10079-Magnuson-Stevens-reauthorization-contains-major-provisions-benefitting-recreational-fishing

hookset
06-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Nope used one of Darks scouts and fished the back where bait goes to hide in a Northeaster and fish come to eat all but one were 20 to 26"

She's a biggun. Would def do a catch and release on that cow.

Blazin420
06-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Well done Fin you no where to go and when for sure! Glad to hear its not just me having the WORST spring i think ever! Ive caught a few bass but my overall numbers are way down from past years...Just plain sucks! I did get out last night and managed 2 blues 1 about 5lbs and a bigger 1 that was at least 10lbs...Both hit my Burple BT i just tied..Damn blues ruined!! Well i guess if it wasnt for the blues this spring it would have REALLLY sucked..

cowherder
06-05-2015, 12:03 PM
Well thats a lot better than me blazing. I fished last night 10-12midnight. One blue on bucktail and pork. Sorry to hear the blues ruined your bt, that's why I bring what I call "2nd string gear and plugs" when they are around. It still hurts to see something you worked on destroyed by the nasty teeth of those demons.

hookedonbass
06-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Nice effort guys. At least you got out there and caught something. You can't catch them from the couch lol. Question - were the east winds a problem for either of you? thanks

finchaser
06-05-2015, 05:19 PM
numerous blues this am and 4 bass to around 23" all on rubber today

Blazin420
06-06-2015, 07:44 AM
fished last night 8-12am...More blues and no stripes to be found! Managed 6 from cocktail sized up to the biggest @ about 7-8lbs..Hookset were i was the fishing was in the back.. i was sheltered from that E wind..Last night it was dead calm out there...Which was nice except for all the no-seeums!

finchaser
06-06-2015, 03:21 PM
well bass didn't cooperate today change in wind or lack of- few blues to 8# did

hookedonbass
06-07-2015, 08:00 AM
Well i guess if it wasnt for the blues this spring it would have REALLLY sucked..

Def have to agree with that! Thanks for the info on the wind as well. I fished moco this morning from 5-7. Must have been low tide I think it was just coming in. One blue about 28' it put up a good fight and once the sun started that was it. Yellow pencil popper.

porgy75
06-07-2015, 08:23 AM
I will have to pay more attention to those sunrise comments from now on. Fished Nomonco yesterday from 3 to 6 and today from 7 to 8:15. Just got done and I'm convinced I will have to get there before dawn next time. It was totally dead where I fished! Congrats to the guys who got some fish.

captnemo
06-07-2015, 08:29 AM
porgy you should also take note of the tides. This may be different for you than me as I fish from my boat mostly unless going to shark river to take the kids snapper fishing. Low tide was at 6 this morning. Also 5:30 yesterday which puts you out there right at the time of slack low tide. This is usually the most unproductive time of the tide for me. Try to get out there at different times and your luck might change. Hope this helps.

captnemo
06-07-2015, 08:31 AM
fishing report - Trolled the shrewsbury rocks and some other areas yesterday with bunker spoons. Covered a lot of ground. Only 2 blues for the effort.

lostatsea
06-07-2015, 09:19 AM
That makes sense capt thanks for sharing. Fished so mo co for a few hours. Nothing much going on. Did see a boat about 300' E of the inlet catching what looked like small bluefishbut it was way too far to cast.

ledhead36
06-07-2015, 09:25 AM
What CN said. The slack tide bite is non existent. In the back bays even more so. Bottom of the tide is time to leave the beach, go get a few beers at the T***y bar, and then come back 5 hours later. That's fishing bayshore style.

seamonkey
06-07-2015, 09:27 AM
leave the beach, go get a few beers at the T***y bar, and then come back 5 hours later. That's fishing bayshore style.

lol what if it's 10 am on a sunday there are no bars open yet!

ledhead36
06-07-2015, 09:29 AM
^^^^ I don't follow standard time. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.:cool::plastered:

finchaser
06-07-2015, 09:41 AM
fishing report - Trolled the shrewsbury rocks and some other areas yesterday with bunker spoons. Covered a lot of ground. Only 2 blues for the effort.

My boat club (Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna club ) is having spring bass tournament and out of 40 boats only 3 bass were caught all on the 62' Crisdel who was big enough to run in that slop off NY some where to get a 20# and 13# fish after weighing in a 12# from the rocks on Friday.

captnemo
06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the update finchaser. In our group we didn't hear of any bass caught either. Congrats to the Capt of the Crisdel.

jigfreak
06-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Yup you can't catch what isn't there. Thinking about the days when the bass used to be at the shrewsbury rocks for weeks. The overflow would make their way to monmouth beach, big monmouth, little monmouth jetties. and jetty country. Now it's all flat featureless sand thanks to pallone and the acoe. No reason at all for them to hug the shoreline. Sucks.

SharkHart
06-07-2015, 05:00 PM
So the Googan from my work told me he thought i was wrong about the week of hard NE wind would affect the bite he thought iit was perfect I thought it was crap, I wanted one last try for the spring, The tide got "right " around 4 am and the onesey twosey bass that stayed did briefly crash surface but way far out, but the shallows were full of these, one hit my leg hard that really freaked me out. i always knew the spring plug run would end on a skunk though19408

storminsteve
06-07-2015, 05:28 PM
^^^^ I don't follow standard time. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere.:cool::plastered:

For sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_7wdpGvTms

storminsteve
06-07-2015, 05:30 PM
the shallows were full of these, one hit my leg hard that really freaked me out. i always knew the spring plug run would end on a skunk thoughhttp://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19408&stc=1

Wow that looks like it might have some teeth to it! Brown shark?
When you say "bumped". were you out wading far? You guys who wade at night have to be nuts!

finchaser
06-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the update finchaser. In our group we didn't hear of any bass caught either. Congrats to the Capt of the Crisdel.

Cappy's dream just weighed in a 36 and a 29 to take 1st and 2nd one more day to go

Blazin420
06-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Fished yesterday looking for some flatties...Nice morning fished from 730-1pm managed to pick up 5 shorts to 17in and 1 cocktail blue...Couldnt seem to find a keeper...Keep missing it by 1in...S wind picked up by noon and the boat traffic were i was,was crazy i think that may have had the fish running for there lifehttp://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/hihi.gif...Water is still a bit on the cold side was wading out and my legs got cold with in about an hour

jigfreak
06-08-2015, 07:25 AM
S wind picked up by noon

Wasn't that South wind strong? Went to fish the ocean last night and it was too much. Hate that damn South wind. Ended up fishing in the back for some blues on needlefish. Incoming in OC

jigfreak
06-08-2015, 07:26 AM
So the Googan from my work told me he thought i was wrong about the week of hard NE wind would affect the bite he thought iit was perfect I thought it was crap, I wanted one last try for the spring, The tide got "right " around 4 am and the onesey twosey bass that stayed did briefly crash surface but way far out, but the shallows were full of these, one hit my leg hard that really freaked me out. i always knew the spring plug run would end on a skunk thoughhttp://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19408&stc=1

That's why I don't wade that far out as well. Nice shark there dude. How big? What plug did it hit.

SharkHart
06-08-2015, 09:51 AM
I think it was a 4 footer, I was experimenting with a floating needle because I saw something just under surface a few times here they were sharks. This particular spot was a bay spot and you have to wade out 25 to 50 yards depending on the tide. It boils down to no wading no fish, One hit my leg at full swim speed and a second slipped by me and i felt the draft, that usually doesn't happen and sign its over for there, I also got eaten alive by mosquitoes, another sign too late.

seamonkey
06-08-2015, 10:16 AM
"One hit my leg at full swim speed and a second slipped by me and i felt the draft,"

:scared:Man you are def hardcore! If I was ever out in water like that and a shark hit my leg at full swim speed I would be screaming like a girl! You're lucky you didn't get bit.

fishinmission78
06-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Have to agree, sharkhart you got balls of steel. If I had 2 encounters like that in one night there would be a change of underwear for me. I like to stay on top of the sod banks where its nice and safe.Maybe wade in a bit in back of the barnegat inlet but only up to my knees. I hear you about wading though some places you can't reach the fish without wading out some.

finchaser
06-08-2015, 12:53 PM
lets hear it for terra firma :thumbsup:

Dark gets away with this as the stench of his clothes and waders act as a shark, bug and people repellant:upck::HappyWave:

baitstealer
06-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Wow you gents are either hardcore like it was said or you are nuts! The first time a shark bumped me at night in the water is the last time I would be walking around there! Too eerie for me. God bless and be careful.

DarkSkies
06-08-2015, 07:24 PM
lDark gets away with this as the stench of his clothes and waders act as a shark, bug and people repellant:upck::HappyWave:

:2flip::moon: :kiss: :) Ya grouchy basstid!
Just because I spend a few days sleeping in the vehicle when there is a decent bite of the few fish left to catch.....ya would have others believe there is a stench cloud that follows me around.....:kiss:

I'll have you folks know that I take a shower at least once every few days....:laugh: :HappyWave:

It boils down to no wading no fish,

Glad you turned out OK, pal.....:HappyWave:
Speaking of sharks......
About 2 weeks ago....there was a shark in the RB...some of the old timers were fishin at night...pulled in a 10# class bluefish at a pier...
At the last second a shark breached out of the water and bit it in half before they could net it......

Because the water was so cold.....
I sent some of ya's texts trying to hypothesize what kind of shark it could have been....
The water was too cold in RB for brown, bull, or sandbar sharks at that time....

Our best guess was that it was a baby great white.... the RB is said to be a birthing ground for these beautiful creatures.....

I was trying to tell some of ya's how safe it was..:rolleyes:...asking the last time you remembered a cold water night shark encounter in NJ Back Bay waters at night?....the one exception being in the Ocean City area about 4-5 years ago....

And now Matt runs into sharks, not once....but twice in one night......

I would reiterate my earlier cautions to all of us who fish and wade at night...
As Sharkhart said.....sometimes you have to wade out in a relatively shallow bay to get out where the fish are......I have found myself more than a 1/2mile out there...fishing solo........

I did try to minimize the danger a few weeks ago....
The reality is....sharks are more leery of people..than we are of them....but if there is a high concentration of bait...and the water is murky...fisherman is making excessive noise in the water...etc......it's easy for mistakes to be made.......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

I would highly recommend against doing this type of wading unless your nerves and skill set have enough common sense to try to minimize the odds of you getting bit.

SharkHart is "artificial only" for the most part when he fishes.....

I think anyone wading like we do..should follow that MO as well...
If you are carrying bait out there and near any deeper water or channels....or have any fish you are keeping tied to you....
You are probably asking for trouble........
Let's all try to be careful out there...people.....
Especially if you fish by yourself at night....like some of us do.....:learn:

plugcrazy
06-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Crazy stories fellas. Got to shut the beaches down now lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5HU_0CX1go

J Barbosa
06-09-2015, 09:04 AM
lets hear it for terra firma :thumbsup:

Dark gets away with this as the stench of his clothes and waders act as a shark, bug and people repellant:upck::HappyWave:

I think the stench keeps the bugs away but it should help attracting sharks.

Ever see a dead whale offshore that stinks so bad you can't get close to it but the sharks are all over it...

J Barbosa
06-09-2015, 09:27 AM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19409&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19410&stc=1

Fished off the boat last Friday night and managed two bass. One 18lbs and one 23lbs both caught at the same time. Within a half hour window we had another fish that we dropped and a few missed hits. For the next 5 hours it was the dead sea? :(

Fished off the boat two Friday nights ago and managed 3 bass. Two just around the legal size and the 3rd just under 30lbs on the boga.

Seems like bass fishing for me this year has been short windows of excitement and false hope and then hours of boredom. Sometimes you have to thank that we have some much bluefish around to keep things interesting!

Blue Crabs are active...three of us filled a 5 gallon bucket in 2 hours on Saturday.

storminsteve
06-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Seems like bass fishing for me this year has been short windows of excitement and false hope and then hours of boredom. Sometimes you have to thank that we have some much bluefish around to keep things interesting!

Totally agree where would we be without the bluefish this year?
nice fish was going to say boat fish don't count but hardly anyone is catching bass now in Nj. Either from shore or from a boat. Good job!

storminsteve
06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
What did you get them on if I could ask? thanks

jigfreak
06-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Our best guess was that it was a baby great white.... the RB is said to be a birthing ground for these beautiful creatures.....

I was trying to tell some of ya's how safe it was..:rolleyes:...asking the last time you remembered a cold water night shark encounter in NJ Back Bay waters at night?....the one exception being in the Ocean City area about 4-5 years ago....

And now Matt runs into sharks, not once....but twice in one night......

I would reiterate my earlier cautions to all of us who fish and wade at night...
As Sharkhart said.....sometimes you have to wade out in a relatively shallow bay to get out where the fish are......I have found myself more than a 1/2mile out there...fishing solo........

I did try to minimize the danger a few weeks ago....
The reality is....sharks are more leery of people..than we are of them....but if there is a high concentration of bait...and the water is murky...fisherman is making excessive noise in the water...etc......it's easy for mistakes to be made.......http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.png

I would highly recommend against doing this type of wading unless your nerves and skill set have enough common sense to try to minimize the odds of you getting bit.

SharkHart is "artificial only" for the most part when he fishes.....

I think anyone wading like we do..should follow that MO as well...
If you are carrying bait out there and near any deeper water or channels....or have any fish you are keeping tied to you....
You are probably asking for trouble........
Let's all try to be careful out there...people.....
Especially if you fish by yourself at night....like some of us do.....:learn:

Yeah fishing at night you dont want be fishing with bait or thrashing around you prob sound like dinner. Be careful gents sharks will be showing up in the next few weeks. Check out what this one did to a tarpon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50DAVSH23c

Nice fish JB. Was out last night for an hour in the rain. Caught the skunk.

fishinmission78
06-09-2015, 04:54 PM
One year we had brown sharks in the back of barnegat inlet in June. Big ones too like 6-7'. Be careful out there guys.
jb Pretty work on the bass. Get em on bunker or clams?

lostatsea
06-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Nice looking stripers good job.

buckethead
06-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Picked up a few small bass before sunrise in moco. Bucktail and pork. One larger blue as well.

J Barbosa
06-11-2015, 01:30 PM
got them on bunker chunks.

Fished off the boat last night with a googan or two...neither of them was able to get any fish. :(

I went 1 for 3 landing a 16lb bass and missing two hits for 3 hours of fishing.

Water has been **** warm 67-68...and the fish are hitting the baits really strange the past few trips.

Blazin420
06-11-2015, 04:18 PM
got them on bunker chunks.

Fished off the boat last night with a googan or two...neither of them was able to get any fish. :(

Water has been **** warm 67-68...and the fish are hitting the baits really strange the past few trips.

Nice John!! Does Rui no you called him a googan:ROFLMAO.....Got out last night from 730-230am...Paying for it today at work but it was worth it(as always)...Still putting a hurtin on the blues landed about 9 from cocktail size to about 10lbs...Had 1 bass on that dropped in the wash looked decent sized...My buddy managed 3 blues 1 biggun and 2 bass a 23 and a nice fat 29.5in...Had a lot of missed hits and was glad i only lost 2 teasers to the blues!!

Monty
06-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00 to 7:00.
Nice night out, a little white water (the little action I had was in it).
Around 4:15 caught a short a bit over 20 inches on a 7" loaded red fin. Dropped one about the same size around 2:30 in the wash as I was landing it. Then missed a couple hits on a white Hogy sun up. Was slow but very fun for my first Jersey trip of the year. Water felt chilly.

Then I saw the oddest thing. An extremely rare sighting.
As the sun rose over the horizon, out there on the rocks....the one, the only Darkskies.
Another reason why I fish Long Island......what little action I had he shut down :HappyWave:

http://i0.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015_6_11_R.jpg

finchaser
06-11-2015, 05:51 PM
So true heard he ^^^^^ was jetty hopping with no korkers he shut down a boat bite also

DarkSkies
06-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Yep, I missed 2 fish...haven't fished bait, or from a boat for bass in years.....:whoo:
Things must be pretty bad for me to consider fishing with bunker...
The biggest negative to the night was me missing those 2 fish..:beatin:...they weren't hitting aggressively.....it was puzzling for this time of year.....
I blamed it on the circle hook I was using......but we all know it could be the Googan Curse that follows me around...:bucktooth:...that's why I usually fish alone...:laugh:

**The biggest positive is that JB got a bass when there really were very few of them that night.:clapping:..friends fishing a nearby beach caught a few...but they really had to work for them as well.....

What I am seeing and hearing...even if you are on a boat..(unless you are live-lining over bunker schools with bass actively feeding).....is limited windows for limited shots at bass...

Yep, it's gotten real tough out there...so tough that night...there were 4 other boats fishing the same general area as us...and they all left before we did...none of them got a fish......

Nice work JB, well-done. Pleasure to fish with ya..Thanks for the invite....
That boat is one sweet ride.....:thumbsup:
For a newbie boat owner....your Capt skills are pretty impressive... :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

Had a lot of missed hits and was glad i only lost 2 teasers to the blues!!

I think you're smart for using a teaser now, Blaze.....:HappyWave:
We saw birds picking at small bait the other morning just beyond the surf line...didn't see any bait in close..but it's my guess rainfish are starting to show up in more places now....predators will key in on the size of whatever is the most prevalent bait in the area....at that time.....

I'm guilty of being too lazy to use a teaser at times...it takes away from my casting distance....
For the dawn and dusk bite the fish (usually) are no more than a half cast away.....
unless you're fishing an area where they have to come over the bar to feed...or you have to cast over the bar, or into a channel to find them...

Around 4:15 caught a short a bit over 20 inches on a 7" loaded red fin. Dropped one about the same size around 2:30 in the wash as I was landing it. Then missed a couple hits on a white Hogy sun up. Was slow but very fun for my first Jersey trip of the year. Water felt chilly.

You really worked hard for that fish, pal...:thumbsup:
Think about that...fishing all night....and limited activity here and there....this is why most have sensibly given up on bass....
However...they are still around....you never know when you might get that 15 or 20# fish from the surf in the dark.....the next 4 weeks will give some of us great opportunities....

The grim reality ...when most people who try, realize how hard it is...and say they are quitting bass until the fall....is the reality faced by many of us.......there is no shame in that...it is what it is......

It is truly difficult to catch night bass (more than a handful) on artificials in many places in NJ/LI now....

Ex:
The recent Berkeley C/R tourney......
Over 80% of the winning fish came from one specific area in NJ...100 miles of coastline...and our "good bites" have dwindled to a handful of places...is a sobering thought.....:learn:

Then I saw the oddest thing. An extremely rare sighting.
As the sun rose over the horizon, out there on the rocks....the one, the only Darkskies.
Another reason why I fish Long Island......what little action I had he shut down :HappyWave:

Yep, Monty....you called it! :bucktooth:
I was so desperate to catch just one fish....that I climbed out on that jetty, even though I had no korkers with me.. no intention of fishing jetties again....the fishing being so sporadic.... that's my ace in the hole.....
If you fish enough jetties at night...you can usually find a few fish at one.....
Even that wasn't enough to help me.......

So, yes....as usual..... I shut your "epic bite" down.....:laugh: :moon: :kiss:

I have very few pics of me fishing....I'm always the one behind the lens, taking the shots of scenery and others out there....
it was a lot of fun to get to fish with an old friend....once more.....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/HappyWave.gifThanks for taking that pic Monty....

The white water where we were....was beautiful....it's unfortunate it's only holding a few fish ..that cold,. crisp water looked like it should be full of bass...perfect conditions.....and the fish are just not there....

So true heard he ^^^^^ was jetty hopping with no korkers he shut down a boat bite also

Yep, it's all my fault ya grouchy basstid!
Ya's don't have killie to blame for shutting down the bite anymore....I heard he quit fishing......so feel free to consider me as the new mascot for shutting a bite down.....I'll wear that badge proudly. :moon: :HappyWave:
Was good to hang out with you and the old timers at Castaways for a bit.....

DarkSkies
06-12-2015, 02:10 PM
My abbreviated report.short and sweet.mostly what everyone else said in the posts before this...Wed- Thur "11 hour Monty Marathon" (see it defined under fishing terms)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?1877-fishing-terms-dictionary

1. Three of us fished from a boat for bass in the bay with bunker. 1 sixteen # bass among us. Best I could do was 2 missed fish. For some reason the fish were hitting very sluggishly.

2. After that waded the bay flats for 2 hours for some bluefish...not a touch.

3. Then went and fished the ocean until 7am with a friend....He got one short bass before I got there...missed a few fish........no fish for me...Water seemed very cold to us....
Good bass water, white water....limited, scattered activity.

Most notable....
A. Pretty cool dolphin show....around 6am we saw quite a few dolphins cruising right beyond the surf line...probably feeding on bunker...which were very scattered where we were....no significant pods...just scattered bunker.........

B. Fishing with some friends after I had taken a leave of absence from fishing...;)
This was only my 2nd trip of the year...and far too long since I have been out there...

C. Meeting the Old Farts again at Castaways.....these guys have seen it all...and are the biggest bunch of ballbusters I have ever met....nothing is sacred or limited in discussion when they sit around the store and shoot the s*it.......
Reminds me of the stories folks tell...of how it used to be when Ernie ran the old Giglios B&T...back in the day.....

Felt great to see the water and sights again...and BS and Ballbust with some good people....
Thanks guys...for everything...:thumbsup: :HappyWave:

jigfreak
06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Been skunked the last 2 times out. Yesterday finally found some fish in moco. Bucktail and pork right before dark. All small dinks. Still good to see a few stripes. DS once the dolphins show up its game over. Time to quit for the day or move elsewhere. At least that's the way it has been for me.

finchaser
06-12-2015, 04:29 PM
ok Googan (DS)

1) as jig freak said dolphins or seals come leave they eat bass
2) It was Artie at Giglios not Ernie
3) Yes we do bust balls you can't be thin skinned but we stick up for each other to outsiders
4) nice seeing you glad I could help you out with the reel.
5) no fish is worth getting hurt or dying for never go on rocks without korkers GOOGAN

finchaser
06-12-2015, 04:32 PM
6/8 caught 4 blues
6/9 caught 3 blues 2 bass
6/11 caught 2 blues and 1 bass
6/12 caught 2 blues and 2 bass

All catches were made between 5 and 6:30 AM all on jig head & Rubbbbba

cowherder
06-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Wow finchaser! That is some pretty impressive catching considering there aren't too many bass reports lately. Are you fishing in the finchaser pond that dark always talks about lol? Out front or out back?

cowherder
06-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Fished this morning from 1:00 to 7:00.
Around 4:15 caught a short a bit over 20 inches on a 7" loaded red fin. Dropped one about the same size around 2:30 in the wash as I was landing it.

Thanks for sharing what worked. And the darkskies pic as well. Never knew what he looked like. I always imagined him like pigpen from charlie brown. With flies and clouds of dust following him around lol.

cowherder
06-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Been skunked the last 2 times out. Yesterday finally found some fish in moco. Bucktail and pork right before dark. All small dinks. Still good to see a few stripes. DS once the dolphins show up its game over. Time to quit for the day or move elsewhere. At least that's the way it has been for me.

thanks for the report thats good to hear. At least there is a chance at something!
I fished nomoco last night. Was mostly using an sp. Got some blues. One of them pulled a little drag, 28". The rest were small.

hookedonbass
06-12-2015, 07:05 PM
6/8 caught 4 blues
6/9 caught 3 blues 2 bass
6/11 caught 2 blues and 1 bass
6/12 caught 2 blues and 2 bass

All catches were made between 5 and 6:30 AM all on jig head & Rubbbbba

You definitely have the hot hand catching fish 4 outings in a row. Congrats!

buckethead
06-12-2015, 07:16 PM
ds good to read your detailed reports again and see that you got out. 2nd trip of the year have you been sick or something?
I fished moco this morning before dawn. More blues than bass. Did pick up one that would have been a keeper if I stretched the tail. All on buck and pork, still swimming. Nice work on the catching finchaser.

fishinmission78
06-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Nice going finchaser.
I fished this morning and the damn S wind looks like it might be coming back. One stray bluefish on a pencil. Hoping for a stray big bass. They are around but offshore from our area. Praying for some west wind to bring them in closer.

bababooey
06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
ds good to read your detailed reports again and see that you got out. 2nd trip of the year have you been sick or something?

DS has been lost in space. All my fault lol. Can't say much more or he will send finchaser and the goombahs to my house to take me for a long ride. ;) I actually fished yesterday so I'll post a rare report. We trolled about 5 miles looking for bass. I was a little hung over from the night before. Got out too late to find any real numbers. Heard some chatter over the radio that there are a lot of stripers over the line. Didn't want to chance it so we kept trolling. We got some big blues but no stripes. Next time I'll make sure we leave earlier. It seems that 4-6am and 6-8pm have been the magic hours when the bass are cooperating. Guys from the marina have been hammering them. Or maybe I'll just stick to seabass. They are far tastier than stripers anyway. My .02

finchaser
06-12-2015, 07:48 PM
You definitely have the hot hand catching fish 4 outings in a row. Congrats!

Struck out on the 10th only scored 4 out of 6 times and one day I went twice

finchaser
06-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Wow finchaser! That is some pretty impressive catching considering there aren't too many bass reports lately. Are you fishing in the finchaser pond that dark always talks about lol? Out front or out back?

No sir haven't been out front yet still inside biggest bass was like 27" biggest blue was 7-8 pound

hookedonbass
06-12-2015, 07:54 PM
^^^^^ Oh sorry my bad should learn to read more carefully. congrats anyway you are doing better than me.

cowherder
06-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Fished nomoco last night 7-9pm. I don't know what was up but no hits runs or errors. No bait visible in water either.

seamonkey
06-14-2015, 11:29 AM
CM sunrise to eight. Good water near high tide. I am the dogfish king got 5 doggies and 2 skates on fresh clams. Nice catching fin chaser.

baitstealer
06-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Fished 4 different beaches yesterday, only one short striper. Started at 5am at nomoco. Got the striper on storm shad. Everything died there so I made another move to moco. No one was catching. Then on the way back stopped at 2 places in the bay looking for blues. Nada.

hookset
06-16-2015, 07:50 AM
In the back after the rain. 1 dink bass and a few medium blues. All on the sp. Missed a few more, they were barely hitting the plug.

finchaser
06-16-2015, 08:36 AM
There back 3 bass to 29" and 6 blues all on DOA jerk bait and jig head and not out front 5AM to 6:30 AM

buckethead
06-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Nice going finchaser and hookset. Again rubber takes the lead. Fished moco this morning at sunrise. The water was a little dirty. Got one undersized bass on bucktail with white grub.

J Barbosa
06-16-2015, 09:42 AM
I fished a shark tourney on Saturday. We were clearly in the wrong spot but still had a little action just not the species we were looking for. Got some blue sharks and had one rip our chum bag off the boat. My friend looks over and sees the chum bag floating away and starts yelling at me for not tying it on better. I yell ******** I tied it on good and then a few seconds later a shark circles around and starts chewing on the bag. He must have ripped it off the boat when nobody was paying attention.

It was an interesting day to say the least. A "friend" who will remain anonymous unless he wants to reveal himself....dropped off 15 gallons of "bunker chum" at my house. It came with a warning that it might be a little stinky. It was sealed in 5 gallon buckets which were then placed into two heavy duty contractor bags and sealed. If that wasn't enough he put them all inside a large cooler. The "chum" was still able to attract flies to the cooler within 15 minutes despite being tripled sealed....that should have been my first warning.

I figured sharks like eating dead whales that stink terribly so they wont mind this stuff either...it might even be what we need to win.

Well when I opened the bag on the boat all four guys almost puked instantly. It was so bad nobody had the stomach to go near it in order to throw it overboard. Since I brought it along and we had another 10 hours to fish I sucked it up and got rid of the stuff. The dozens of birds that were in our slick picking away at our good bunker/mackerel chum all disappeared instantly when I dumped this stuff overboard.

You know how normal chum is all chunky? This stuff was so rotten it had gone to all liquid! I've never seen anything like this.

The guys all started calling it "shark repellant".

That's one friend who may never invite me back on his boat.......I scrubbed his deck for like 2 hours when we got back and bleached the heck out of it I felt so bad. :scared:

Monty
06-16-2015, 10:00 AM
That's one friend who may never invite me back on his boat.......I scrubbed his deck for like 2 hours when we got back and bleached the heck out of it I felt so bad. :scared:

LOL, may have to sell the boat. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the car that had the stench they could not get rid of....

Nice reports guys. :HappyWave:

ledhead36
06-16-2015, 01:02 PM
I fished a shark tourney on Saturday. We were clearly in the wrong spot but still had a little action just not the species we were looking for. Got some blue sharks and had one rip our chum bag off the boat. My friend looks over and sees the chum bag floating away and starts yelling at me for not tying it on better. I yell ******** I tied it on good and then a few seconds later a shark circles around and starts chewing on the bag. He must have ripped it off the boat when nobody was paying attention.

It was an interesting day to say the least. A "friend" who will remain anonymous unless he wants to reveal himself....dropped off 15 gallons of "bunker chum" at my house. It came with a warning that it might be a little stinky. It was sealed in 5 gallon buckets which were then placed into two heavy duty contractor bags and sealed. If that wasn't enough he put them all inside a large cooler. The "chum" was still able to attract flies to the cooler within 15 minutes despite being tripled sealed....that should have been my first warning.

I figured sharks like eating dead whales that stink terribly so they wont mind this stuff either...it might even be what we need to win.

Well when I opened the bag on the boat all four guys almost puked instantly. It was so bad nobody had the stomach to go near it in order to throw it overboard. Since I brought it along and we had another 10 hours to fish I sucked it up and got rid of the stuff. The dozens of birds that were in our slick picking away at our good bunker/mackerel chum all disappeared instantly when I dumped this stuff overboard.

You know how normal chum is all chunky? This stuff was so rotten it had gone to all liquid! I've never seen anything like this.

Hmmmm. Did they supposedly come from a big freezer?
Sounds similar to someone I know. The dark one gave us rancid clams one time. Swore they had been refrigeraterated. Turns out they were in his truck for a weekend of marathon fishing. He forgot they were there and tried to help us out because we ran out. Surprisingly they did catch. The smell was so bad. We had to keep the bag of rotten clams 100feet away on the beach because it was so foul.

ledhead36
06-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Been fishing the back bay. Lots of bunker and blues to 10 lbs. So many bunker I thought there might be another bunker kill. Good thing for the rain in the last few days it will probably save them. We got no bluefish the last 2 nights. Only robins and skates. This morning I took a walk along the bay early and saw dozens of dark slicks in the water. Bunker everywhere and not one bluefish or bass to chow down on them. sucks.

seamonkey
06-16-2015, 01:37 PM

:upck:Gross!

lostatsea
06-16-2015, 08:57 PM
There is a web site called moldy chum. Putrid chum? That's a new one lol.

DarkSkies
06-17-2015, 07:28 AM
1. Got some blue sharks and had one rip our chum bag off the boat. My friend looks over and sees the chum bag floating away and starts yelling at me for not tying it on better. I yell ******** I tied it on good and then a few seconds later a shark circles around and starts chewing on the bag. He must have ripped it off the boat when nobody was paying attention.

2. It was an interesting day to say the least. A "friend" who will remain anonymous unless he wants to reveal himself....dropped off 15 gallons of "bunker chum" at my house. It came with a warning that it might be a little stinky.

3. I figured sharks like eating dead whales that stink terribly so they wont mind this stuff either...it might even be what we need to win.

4. Well when I opened the bag on the boat all four guys almost puked instantly. It was so bad nobody had the stomach to go near it in order to throw it overboard. Since I brought it along and we had another 10 hours to fish I sucked it up and got rid of the stuff.
5. You know how normal chum is all chunky? This stuff was so rotten it had gone to all liquid! I've never seen anything like this.

1. You guys "lost" your chum bag to sharks?? :don't know why:
Were you on the SS Larry, Moe, and Curly? :thumbsup::plastered: :HappyWave:

2. There's a first time for everything. Sounds like a hell of a traumatic experience. :scared: I would avoid that "friend' at all costs in the future. He sounds like a bad influence, the kind that makes spontaneous traffic decisions at 75MPH. :rolleyes: :HappyWave:

LOL, may have to sell the boat. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the car that had the stench they could not get rid of....
Nice reports guys. :HappyWave:

JB told me he was gonna invite you on the trip. Did you lose your invitation? :laugh: :HappyWave:

Sounds similar to someone I know. The dark one gave us rancid clams one time. Swore they had been refrigeraterated. Turns out they were in his truck for a weekend of marathon fishing. He forgot they were there and tried to help us out because we ran out. Surprisingly they did catch. The smell was so bad. We had to keep the bag of rotten clams 100feet away on the beach because it was so foul.

I think the part I highlighted there is the most important phrase......they did work.
End of story. :moon: You're welcome, pal. :laugh: :HappyWave:

surferman
06-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Lol

jigfreak
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
Fished all over last night. Needle in a haystack fishing. Sucked. One dinky bass to close out the night. Rubber.

J Barbosa
06-17-2015, 10:17 AM

There is no way he had this stuff in a freezer. He said his freezer failed on him and it was a little stinky. I thought he meant his freezer failed for a few days then he plugged it back in, looks like his freezer failed five years ago!

NEVER ACCEPT ANY BAIT FROM DARK SKIES! YOU MAY DIE AS A RESULT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...I ONLY WISH LEDHEAD HAD WARNED ME IN ADVANCE!!!
NEVER ACCEPT ANY BAIT FROM DARK SKIES! YOU MAY DIE AS A RESULT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...I ONLY WISH LEDHEAD HAD WARNED ME IN ADVANCE!!!

finchaser
06-17-2015, 06:56 PM
There is no way he had this stuff in a freezer. He said his freezer failed on him and it was a little stinky. I thought he meant his freezer failed for a few days then he plugged it back in, looks like his freezer failed five years ago!

So true

storminsteve
06-17-2015, 09:20 PM
What did I miss here? Dark is fishing bait? I thought he is Mr artificial, lol. what happened?

Monty
06-17-2015, 10:12 PM
What did I miss here? Dark is fishing bait? I thought he is Mr artificial, lol. what happened?
Evidently it sounds like he is giving out 10 year old bait that is causing all sea life to vacate the jersey shore.
Next thing you know he will be putting on those waders from a few years ago, should clear out all the beaches.

finchaser
06-18-2015, 04:48 AM

Yes he was a master baiter when he first met us. I guess I rubbed off on him.
got to go fishing now... later

finchaser
06-18-2015, 01:06 PM
SE wind su_ks turned them off 1 bass 22" and 3 blue fish to 3 pounds all on AAT rubber and a jig head

buckethead
06-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Yes I hate that SE wind as well. At least you got some finchaser. Well done. I fished moco with bucktail and pork this morning and brought the skunk home with me.

wish4fish
06-18-2015, 05:23 PM

haha lol

jigfreak
06-19-2015, 04:20 AM
Fished the front last night. Before and after high tide. Picked up a few bass to 32" on black SP . Bass only no blues.

Blazin420
06-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Nice jigfreak! Well me and the wife moved on tuesday so havent had much time but i snuck out last night after work last night....Fished 830-1130pm..Nice night light ESE wind i decided to make a move from the spot i have been targeting lately..Hit a spot i havent been to since the fall..And it payed off managed 9 bass and 3 cocktail blues!!...Blues came just before it got completely dark out...About 930 im hooked uped and its fightinmg like a blue jumping and swimming wild..Its hits the sand and there was stripes!!! I finally broke my "blues only" curse thats been following me around...Fish were from 20-26in with 1 nice keeper @ 29.5 in the mix...Mag darter and my burple teaser did all the damage with the teaser grabbing the keeper! With how slow this spring has been with the bass this is the 2nd best night ive had all season...Sometimes it pays to move around and dont plant your feet in 1 spot...Gonna head back out tonight on the same part of the tide i hope i can find a few more!! 1st pic is the keeper and the other was about 24-25in

finchaser
06-19-2015, 08:22 AM
5 to 6:30 AM non stop bluefish 3 to 8 pounds all on SP and poppers action died as tide slacked and boat traffic was crazy

storminsteve
06-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Nice going guys! Fished moco last night and got 2 blues before dark on the SP. Looks like I should have stuck around.

seamonkey
06-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Awesome reports guys! At last it seems like you are having some decent fishing. Bass fishing has dried up here. I am in fluke mode. Will be trying this weekend. Best of luck to everyone.

cowherder
06-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Wow nice work fellas heading out now wish me luck!

Monty
06-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Wow nice work fellas heading out now wish me luck!
Best of skill CH.
And nice reports all.

DarkSkies
06-20-2015, 07:50 AM
T

Another slight embellishment here....;) :HappyWave:
(but mostly true)
I sent you several texts ahead of time...
"YMMV" isn't just a 4 letter word, pal....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/HappyWave.gif

I did feel bad....and apologized several times.....:embarassed:
Must not have been as terrible as you claim...one of the original guys on that boat invited you out tuna fishing yesterday....:moon: (nice trip and catching, BTW...:thumbsup::clapping:)

Desperate times require desperate measures.....when there are fewer fish around and a shrinking biomass, etc....the ones that are left will be easier to catch with pieces of meat......a 50lb class fish was caught on a bunker chunk from a pier by some old-timers on 6-15...more on that when I get a chance......:HappyWave:

Evidently it sounds like he is giving out 10 year old bait that is causing all sea life to vacate the jersey shore.
Next thing you know he will be putting on those waders from a few years ago, should clear out all the beaches.

:moon: There was a time when you fished with bait as well....a time long, long ago.....:HappyWave:

Yes he was a master baiter when he first met us. I guess I rubbed off on him.
got to go fishing now... later

Yeah, you rubbed off on me....also the OGB crab-*** attitude.....I now rant so much about the shrinking biomass no one wants to hear it anymore....(and sadly not many seem to want to fight for them, or fishing access either...beyond some internet ranting...:()

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8450-Honey-the-Striped-Bass-are-Shrinking-How-to-Recognize-the-Signs&highlight=Honey+striped+bass+shrinking
Pebbles now tells me I am getting "just like Finchaser"....I'm not sure that is a compliment or not....though....:embarassed: :laugh: :soapbox: :argue: :kiss: :thumbsup: :kooky: :HappyWave:

It is good to see some of ya's out there working hard to find fish.....:thumbsup:
I have finally gotten out....and am seeing very small windows to catch....
Remember, the opportunities have deteriorated so much....that if you are even a mile away from someone else who has managed to find some fish....you may not see anything in front of you....
This includes land and boat bites....

I am seeing limited bites., and very small and specific feeding windows....even for bluefish......
Many have given up fishing from the surf in NJ and LI...except for weekends...
Even the boat participation is way down....

Tackle shops must be hurting.....the next time you visit one...try if you can't see your way clear to buy one little extra item to help them out......

cowherder
06-20-2015, 01:59 PM
It is good to see some of ya's out there working hard to find fish.....:thumbsup:
I have finally gotten out....and am seeing very small windows to catch....
Remember, the opportunities have deteriorated so much....that if you are even a mile away from someone else who has managed to find some fish....you may not see anything in front of you....
This includes land and boat bites....

I am seeing limited bites., and very small and specific feeding windows....even for bluefish......
Many have given up fishing from the surf in NJ and LI...except for weekends...
Even the boat participation is way down....

Tackle shops must be hurting.....the next time you visit one...try if you can't see your way clear to buy one little extra item to help them out......

I agree fished nomoco last night, 3 blues on yellow SP right before high tide. Went back this morning the exact same spot and one blue on a pencil popper. Where the heck are all the giant bass on these bunker pods? Its so frustrating will have to start fluke fishing soon just to make it a little interesting. Nice going on the bass blazing you must have found the mother lode!

porgy75
06-20-2015, 02:10 PM
x2 for me conditions out there in the surf were beyond fishy this morning. Nice white water. My first clue should have been that hardly anyone was fishing. There were 3 other guys at the beach I was at. I got one cocktail blue on a lime green pencil popper and another guy got one using a small ava with green tail. That was it.

I left there and did quite a few stops at some other beaches. Hardly anyone out there even for a saturday. Talked to a few dudes using clams and bunker and they said they are crushing dogfish and skates big time. Other than that I think people fish at the beach at sunrise and sunset and then disappear. It's a shame because the water looked so fishy today. Great white water, nice waves. Nice cloudy skies. Just no fish. I also looked for giant bunker pods I have been hearing about and could not find any. Maybe you guys are better than me. Good luck.

jigfreak
06-20-2015, 03:53 PM
Where the heck are all the giant bass on these bunker pods?

Doesn't matter now the bunker are all saved so the bass will start coming like field of dreams. It will be epic.

buckethead
06-21-2015, 08:24 AM
Yes there are more bunker than ever before. The bass is similar to how it was in the late 70's.
Fished moco for an hour at sunrise today. Low incoming tide. A little sporty out there. No fish for me. Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.

finchaser
06-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Yep tons of bunker and I agree bass are almost wiped out again.

This morning 4 bass to 24" and 7 blues to 9# the blues just arrived as they were racers all on jig head and DOA jerk bait. ended when tide slacked

Happy Fathers Day to the fathers and Happy Summer ( first day today) to the rest of you

cowherder
06-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Still you are crushing them compared to the rest of us finchaser. I fished nomoco from 7-8am this morning and only one stray blue on a popper. didn't see any other fish caught there either. Real windy out there today. happy fathers day all!

finchaser
06-22-2015, 04:41 AM
Still you are crushing them compared to the rest of us finchaser. I fished nomoco from 7-8am this morning and only one stray blue on a popper. didn't see any other fish caught there either. Real windy out there today. happy fathers day all!

I am not out front

Blazin420
06-22-2015, 07:11 AM
Fished last night from 830-12am..Outfront..Storng sweep from right to left made it a little difficult to work the plug where it needed to be..But still managed 2 bass both about 24in on mambo minnows..Dropped 1 other fish..They are all in super tight to the lip of the beach no need for a long cast..I was casting to my keft and right most of the night..If i had to guess id say these fish are feeding on all the sand crabs in the wash..

finchaser
06-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Gone again 3 small 3#ish bluefish 5 to 6:30 this morning all on wonder bread SP minnow

Correct on the sand crabs Blazin my friend rakes and fishes them had been getting small bass on them for the past 2 weeks .

buckethead
06-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Definitely old school using sand fleas for bait. Is your friend raking shedders on the moon cycles as well finchaser? I had a friend who was doing that about 10 years ago and doing pretty well but it is a heck of a lot of work with the shedders.

I fished moco this morning first hour of the incoming tide. It was probably a bad time to be out there. Managed one short bass on bucktail and white grub with redgill teaser. Fish hit the redgill. There are just so few fish around lately even the small schoolies. The jetty filling in doesn't help that either. Thousands of tons of sand dumped all over those mussel beds.
The high tides are around 1-3pm this week. May try to get out during those times I think there will be a better shot at some fish.

storminsteve
06-22-2015, 07:44 PM
Nice work guys. MoCo from 5:30 to 7:30 today. Started fluke fishing I need to start catching while the stripers and blues are in la la land. Pretty steady range of small fish. My biggest was 17 1/2. Gulp on bucktail with gulp teaser. They seem to be pretty hungry in the surf. The activity stopped with slack tide.

finchaser
06-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Definitely old school using sand fleas for bait. Is your friend raking shedders on the moon cycles as well finchaser? I had a friend who was doing that about 10 years ago and doing pretty well but it is a heck of a lot of work with the shedders.

I fished moco this morning first hour of the incoming tide. It was probably a bad time to be out there. Managed one short bass on bucktail and white grub with redgill teaser. Fish hit the redgill. There are just so few fish around lately even the small schoolies. The jetty filling in doesn't help that either. Thousands of tons of sand dumped all over those mussel beds.
The high tides are around 1-3pm this week. May try to get out during those times I think there will be a better shot at some fish.

yep he rakes soft shell Calicos as well low tide on the new and full moon very old school because there are no blitz's for the cell phone crew

DarkSkies
06-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Yep tons of bunker and I agree bass are almost wiped out again.

This morning 4 bass to 24" and 7 blues to 9# the blues just arrived as they were racers all on jig head and DOA jerk bait. ended when tide slacked

You folks reading finchaser's reports should remember that he's out there at least once a day during weekdays....sometimes twice a day with the other old timers... if there's even a slim possibility of catching...:fishing:...
For all others out there....YMMV......it really is very tough to find more than a few blues and bass from land lately.

Got out a few nights in the past 10.....more detailed reports in the "following the night tides" thread...
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9061-Following-the-Night-Tides-Do-You-have-What-it-Takes

Fishing from June 12-17.....2015

6-12-15

Fished the night tides bay and ocean for a few hours with Pebbles. Covered a lot of ground. 3 hours of fishing hard. Not a tap for either of us. What I did notice was lots of areas that held no life or bait at all.

6-15-15

Fished the night tides, bay and ocean again....this time solo...4 hours of fishing. Met up with a friend later on. He had limited success earlier on but by the time we met up, that sporadic bite had dried up completely.

Now, that I am out there, I am noticing very limited and specific bites. Highly concentrated, and appallingly limited in duration.

Nothing for me at all.....

6-17-15

Fished bay and ocean, covering lots of ground. 5 hour trip. Targeting bass and bluefish. Very poor activity in the dark. Only managed one cocktail blue at 4:30AM on black popper.

The one area I ended up at was slightly encouraging, because I saw spearing 4-5" and those small 1/2" baby fish in the water. Occasional fish popping on them.

Motivated by that, I started working hard to put a catch together. Managed 9 more bluefish to 7# for total of 10 for the trip.The thing is, these fish were very scattered and reluctant to hit the popper, (and they wouldn't hit anything else).

Very frustrating, but at least there were fish there. Averaged 25-35 casts for each fish or missed strike. Once they missed it they would not come back again. Eventually the rain forcast for that morning shut the bite down completely. Still, it was worth it to me to get a chance to catch those fish.

finchaser
06-23-2015, 03:30 PM
This morning 5 to 7 AM NADA :skunk: :clapping:

storminsteve
06-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Nothing for me either finchaser. Fished nomoco outgoing tide from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight. Great conditions out there, lots of bunker. I feel retarded could not even get one damn blue!

finchaser
06-25-2015, 09:05 AM
NADA:skunk:

J Barbosa
06-25-2015, 12:04 PM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19437&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19438&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19439&stc=1

Fluke fishing has been tough.

Last Wednesday we put 5 keepers in the box between 3 guys in a few hours all in the 18-19" range.

Sunday afternoon me and a buddy had 6 keepers in a two hour span before the wind picked up and made the drift too fast even with a drift sock. Again smaller fish 18-20" range, not very thick...

Yesterday afternoon we finally got some better size. 18", 19" 21" 23" 26" Big one was bouncing the boga around 6/7lbs.

J Barbosa
06-25-2015, 12:22 PM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19440&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19441&stc=1
Did a quick offshore trip last Friday. Tough break with all the thunder storms around our window kept getting pushed back and we had to deal with about 20 miles of thick fog.

It was an interesting and memorable trip.

Right outside the inlet we spot two threshers busting on bunker.

Run out to the canyons and dropped the outriggers and started setting up the spread. Within minutes our first yellowfin is in the boat (about 60lbs) the full spread wasn't even out yet. We are seeing plenty of life around in the form of turtle, birds, whales and dolphin. We are all thinking it was going to be another epic trip). Turns out that was our only big yellowfin of the day. The others were so small you could barley tell there was anything on the line. We were never able to find the concentration of life again despite some expensive electronics...Reminds you how big the canyons are and its very humbling.

We did have a marlin in our spread for a few minutes which was great but he didn't bite.

Highlight of the trip was having the captains son land two nice Mahi on his first offshore trip. He paraded the big Mahi around the marina docks for hours with a huge smile on his face. That alone was worth the doing the entire trip.

buckethead
06-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Fished moco this morning 5-7a with buck and pork. Redgill teaser since I have seen some small spearing in the wash lately. One short fluke and sea robin hitting the redgill saved me from the skunk. It was pretty calm out there early on. SE winds have since kicked up but I don't think it's going to make any difference in the fishing.

buckethead
06-25-2015, 01:40 PM
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19440&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19441&stc=1

Highlight of the trip was having the captains son land two nice Mahi on his first offshore trip. He paraded the big Mahi around the marina docks for hours with a huge smile on his face. That alone was worth the doing the entire trip.

Very nice fluking and dolphin/tuna pics Jbarbosa. Getting kids involved in fishing is hard with all the electronics they are connected to in modern times. A trip like that and he could be hooked for life. Nice job.

Blazin420
06-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Good night for me and my buddy last night!! Fished from 930-230am had solid action from 1130ish on i managed to land 8 bass and drop 4 had a bunch of missed hits...My bud got 7 and dropped 3...They were hitting a few different things got mine on burple teaser,greenpoint sharplet,mag darter,black bomber and a sluggo...had fish until we finally had to leave ( stupid work this am)...Bunker was around all these fish were cookie cutter schoolies 24-27in.....Great night and best part not a singlre blue to chop up my gear:d...

storminsteve
06-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Fished nomoco last night 6-9. 2 decent bluefish up to 8lbs on an sp. Blazin maybe I should have moved around more or stayed out later. Most excellent catches there, nice work!

surferman
06-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Wow that is some awesome bass catching there blazin good job.

finchaser
06-26-2015, 01:11 PM
This AM 5 to 6:30 had 2 bass ,4 blues and a fluke all on rubber

cowherder
06-26-2015, 01:53 PM
sure is nice to hear about bass and blues being caught! good work guys and congrats.

finchaser
06-27-2015, 08:52 AM
This AM 5 to 6:30 had 1 blue on rubber

DarkSkies
06-27-2015, 10:49 AM
Nice effort some of ya's are putting in.....:HappyWave:
I like the night tides this week...and with the full moon tides coming into play next week.... had to be out there last night......

6-26 PM trip-
Two short bass and 7 bluefish to 10#.
Blues hit popper in the dark....bass hit loaded redfin... (Thanks Monty...:thumbsup: :HappyWave:)

ledhead36
06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Great job fellas. Have been fishing a few times a week lately. Not much to report. The other night bunker were bunched up tight in the back of the bay. Got some monster blues on chunks. A bud fishing a head got a striper about 16 pounds. The rest of us got da blues. I think this weather coming in today will prob be the end of that and they will scatter.

Monty
06-27-2015, 03:36 PM
With the "pending" thunder and lightening forecasted for tonight I fished Monmouth County ocean side from 1:30-6:30 this morning. Water was a bit murky, but very nice night out. Around 3:30 picked up a short bass ~25 inches on a SS Needle (dragged it over a sand bar), then around 5:00 picked up a 30 inch bass on a 3 oz yellow/white SS popper. All released. Nice chop in the water. Was fun, covered a decent size area.

http://i1.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2015_6_27_SR2.jpg

VSdreams
06-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Looks like you guys got some nice catching in before the monsoon. Way to go! Did anyone see the surf in moco today. does it look like chocolate milk? thanks

buckethead
06-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Just took a ride to the ocean. Did not fish. Water in the shorebreak is slightly dirty and there is a pretty big swell. No signs of life or bird action. If you have far to drive I would wait a day.

Blazin420
06-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Took a ride this am to check out what used to be jetty country..A side from the sad sight..The water was off color and like bucket said big swells..Drove over the highlands bridge about an hour or so ago coming up N and it was still chocolate by the Hook

finchaser
06-29-2015, 10:07 AM
This AM 5 to 6:30 had 1 bass 1 blue on rubber both had pablum on their breath

buckethead
06-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Doing better than me finchaser. Fished moco for sunrise and got the skunk. Water still a little dirty but has cleaned up nicely. The swell died down. Definitely fishable, very few fish to be caught.

finchaser
06-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Doing better than me finchaser. Fished moco for sunrise and got the skunk. Water still a little dirty but has cleaned up nicely. The swell died down. Definitely fishable, very few fish to be caught.

So true its hard to catch what's not there it was dirty in the back also

Blazin420
06-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Hit the sand early fished from 5am till 8...Had good action till the sun got up over the horizon...Landed 3 bass missed 2 and dropped 2..20-24in..1 on my burple teaser 1 on a mackerel mambo minnow and another on a greenpoint sharp eye...Quick flurry lasted about 45 mins then they just disappeared...Most came in tight to the beach..And this fish were all juiced up 2 of them launched clear out of the water..Glad that they are still in this spot ive been fishing after all that rain...Ill be back out this evening lookin for a few more! water is cleaning up still a bit off color but it was much better than Sunday

cowherder
06-30-2015, 09:17 AM
Nice going again blazin! I fished nomoco last night from 8-10. the mosquitoes and bugs were brutal! Managed one striper about 21 inches on a yellow SP.

J Barbosa
07-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Fished last Saturday, short trip (poor weather) we landed 4 keeper fluke between 3 of us to 5lbs.

I botched a net job and lost another solid 5lb fluke next to the boat. :(

Went back again Sunday after the heavy rain. Whttp://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19460&stc=1ater temps dropped about 5 degrees and slightly stained. We landed a total of one short fluke between 3 of us. :(

bababooey
07-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Nice haul there!