PDA

View Full Version : Paulie 's Tackle cancels tourney

finchaser
05-31-2015, 10:51 PM
Hey all,
After much consideration, and very deep thought about the pros and cons of a spring striped bass surfcasting tournament, I have decided to cancel my plans for it. Unfortunately, as much as I want to participate and generate the comraderie, competition and general enjoyment that these tournaments have always provided, I have hit a crossroads between catch and release and a kill competition.
While my concern for the future of striped bass recovery and success is on par with most, my opinions, my way of thinking and methods of doing so differ from many others. Expressing my personal opinions on the matter would do no good whatsoever, so I'll save us all a bunch of pointless arguments by not doing so.
I have given this decision a great amount of time and thought, and have come to the conclusion that the only way to avoid hard feelings on either side is to simply not hold the competition at all.
I sincerely apologize to anyone and everyone who I gave the tourney dates to, and hope you all understand this decision.
Sorry people.
~Paulie

surfstix1963
06-01-2015, 01:58 AM
:thumbsup: Paulie....

nitestrikes
06-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Saw that on facebook. Some of the guys said the netters take more fish. They do. However the population is the worst I have ever seen it. Every year I would look forward to fishing mecca in June. It's gotten worse and worse. I won't deny some big fish come from there every year. The numbers are a trickle compared to what they used to be. Good for you Paulie.:clapping::clapping:

storminsteve
06-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Must be hard to be in the middle of the hottest fishing grounds and stick to your guns like that. Kudos Paulie.

surferman
06-01-2015, 05:51 PM
seems like he was trying to set a good example. good job.

buckethead
06-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Must be hard to be in the middle of the hottest fishing grounds and stick to your guns like that. Kudos Paulie.

I agree as well. Definitely a bold move that makes a statement. You have to believe that doing something like that hurts his bottom line. Yet he still did it anyway.

robmedina
06-04-2015, 03:17 AM
Bravo!!!

rockhopper
06-04-2015, 06:55 AM
:thumbsup: Paulie....

x2. Last year we had a good fall bite for a few weeks and that was it. About time someone stands up for what is right.

rockhopper
06-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Bravo!!!

x2. Paulie has had a hard life lately with all the legal stuff he went through. Next time I'm up there I'm going to buy some extra stuff just to show support.

Monty
06-14-2015, 03:26 PM
x2. Paulie has had a hard life lately with all the legal stuff he went through. Next time I'm up there I'm going to buy some extra stuff just to show support.

Stopped in there for the first time today and bought some stuff and gave them positive feedback on canceling the tournament.
Seemed like really nice guys :thumbsup: