PDA

View Full Version : Driving app Waze

Monty
06-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Started using this app called Waze.
It completely replaces the GPS systems.
I put it up on my dashboard like I would a GPS.
Adjusts to traffic conditions way better than a Garmin or Magellan did. Accurate maps and directions . Police location warnings.
For the trips I make to LI they are now shorter in time on the road.

J Barbosa
06-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Google purchased this company a few years back.

Its great for avoiding traffic the only problem is sometimes they route you through 100 turns to shave 2 minutes.

Always look at the map and the flow of traffic before taking its advice (yellow, moderate traffic, red = avoid, green = go!)

seamonkey
06-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Will have to check that out thanks for sharing.

SharkHart
06-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks I downloaded and never used it this will motivate me to try... does it talk?

Monty
06-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Thanks I downloaded and never used it this will motivate me to try... does it talk?
Yes, does talk. She has a decent voice.
It works based on other "wazers" real time info.

lostatsea
06-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Def a good idea for a female voice! thanks for the heads up will be trying it this week.

DarkSkies
06-17-2015, 07:33 AM
I am behind the times when it comes using things like this. I do appreciate you sending it to me Monty..... and will use it first chance I get.

J Barbosa
06-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Please don't make any contributions to the APP.

The last thing we need is people driving down the parkway at 75mph and then their waze app telling them to drive across the median without slowing down!

Monty
06-17-2015, 12:11 PM

The last thing we need is people driving down the parkway at 75mph and then their waze app telling them to drive across the median without slowing down!

Its still one of the most intense laughing experiences I have had in the past few years, when you described what Dark did on the Parkway (just after it happened).
The combination of what he did and you seeing it in front of you and then thinking of what you were thinking watching him do that was hysterical.

I still laugh about it, its absolutely unbelievable bizarre. One of those things you can't make up.

I would think if Dark had that app running and he did what he did (jump the divider at 75 MPH.
The app would start flashing:

**W T F** **W T F** **W T F**

SharkHart
06-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks!! i am playing around this now and learning it, I feel like Freaking Magellion

jigfreak
06-19-2015, 04:21 AM
Pretty cool app thannks for sharing.

albiealert
06-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Thank you for posting. Just downloaded it.

Monty
06-19-2015, 05:31 PM
My hope was dark would down load it. The app let's you identify yourself. Would be a great way of knowing where he is and choosing a route that would steer clear of him (his driving instincts are not would be refffered to as "good").

dogfish
06-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Good one. Sort of like where's waldo, where's ds.

Monty
06-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Good one. Sort of like where's waldo, where's ds.
Bingo!
:ROFLMAO

DarkSkies
06-20-2015, 07:38 AM

Its still one of the most intense laughing experiences I have had in the past few years, when you described what Dark did on the Parkway (just after it happened).
The combination of what he did and you seeing it in front of you and then thinking of what you were thinking watching him do that was hysterical.

I still laugh about it, its absolutely unbelievable bizarre. One of those things you can't make up.

I would think if Dark had that app running and he did what he did (jump the divider at 75 MPH.
The app would start flashing:

**W T F** **W T F** **W T F**

Gee, a guy crosses one grassy median at 75mph, and you people make it out to be as significant as the grassy knoll in the Kennedy assassination....;) :laugh:
We all know I won't live as long as you folks will.....just want to give ya's something to laugh about at my funeral....:HappyWave:

cowherder
06-20-2015, 02:01 PM
No offence DS but I think if 2 guys are saying the same think about you you might be a little unstable like they say!:HappyWave:
Good app monty thanks for posting it.

DarkSkies
08-21-2015, 08:23 AM
^All right I can't get away from it...my reputation precedes me. :2flip: :moon: Eff ya's all. :HappyWave:
Moving on, just wanted to thank Monty for sharing this with us. I have been using it more and more. It tells you when LE is on the road, traffic tie-ups, etc.
Great app. Thanks to Monty for bringing it to our attention. Thanks as well to the creators. :clapping:
If you haven't tried it you should.
Even an old fart technophobe like me can get used to it. :thumbsup: