PDA

View Full Version : Manasquan Inlet

finchaser
06-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Just when you ask how can things get worse the Army Corp of Morons decides to dredge the inlet

J Barbosa
06-25-2015, 11:38 AM
the inlets that need dredging they ignore

DarkSkies
06-27-2015, 11:41 AM
I was looking at the Squan web cam before heading out yesterday, Fin.....
It appeared to me that the dredge boat was dumping sand about 100 yards offshore, about 1/2 mile N of the inlet.....

I watched it for awhile......
I thought they were supposed to dump a certain distance from the inlet....and a certain distance offshore.....
Dumping that sand so close doesn't make any sense to me.....
Any thoughts about that?
Thanks

finchaser
06-27-2015, 12:12 PM
yep job security assho_es

hookedonbass
06-27-2015, 12:15 PM
It appeared to me that the dredge boat was dumping sand about 100 yards offshore, about 1/2 mile N of the inlet.....

I thought they were supposed to dump a certain distance from the inlet....and a certain distance offshore.....
Any thoughts about that?
Thanks

yep job security assho_es

Hey I am far from an expert but if you are dumping sand close to an intlet that has accumulated it, doesn't it make sense that sand will wash back in with the next storm. Job security? Back the Brinks truck up!

buckethead
06-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Imagine a job where you had to sweep sand out of a parking lot every day. The sand kept coming back in because all around the parking lot the sand was piled higher than the parking lot. It naturally kept drifting back into the parking lot with high winds common in the shore area. You knew that if you dumped the sand away from the parking lot it would probably not come back. You did not do that because you felt it was too much work. The same conditions kept repeating themselves over and over. And you got paid to sweep the parking lot each time. The ACOE has some of the best engineers working for it. And they can't figure that out? Yes that is the very definition of boondoggling and wasting taxpayer money. That's some job security.:blackeye:

Monty
06-27-2015, 03:27 PM

Any thoughts about that?
Thanks
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Corruption. Unbelievable. Disgusting. Unfathomable that they are getting away with this.