PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman attacked in Loch Arbour

hookset
07-08-2015, 12:59 PM
The guy was 66. What kind of dirtbags attack a 66 year old fisherman?:don't know why:

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/eatontown-asbury-park/loch-arbour/2015/07/07/loch-arbour-attack/29820111/

buckethead
07-09-2015, 01:37 PM
There are usually no problems fishing that area. I never had an issue there. If it wasn't for that motorist stopping his car in the street they would have continued to beat him. Would make sense if it was a group of rowdy teens but this was a mixed group of guys and girls according to what I read. Sad and shocking. Hope he is ok.

jigfreak
07-09-2015, 02:35 PM
There are usually no problems fishing that area. I never had an issue there.

Read another thread on the net about this. One guy said he doesn't fish there to ocean grove because its too dangerous. I don't understand some people. If you have your wits about you and are not wimpy looking or look like a mark most people won't mess with you. Carry some insurance in trunk of your car or back seat of truck in case they do. This was an isolated incident. Prob some punks from asbury who came there to party cause of the holiday. Hope they catch the basstards. If not- prayers for a quick recovery for this fisherman. They broke the arm of a 66-year old guy. The dudes and the chick who were involved should not get any mercy if caught. Same penalty for all.

hookedonbass
07-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Someone's afraid to fish in ocean grove? for real? lol. The jetties and the beaches in deal and loch are prime party spots for young college kids. Many a night I have walked out there and a guy was banging his girlfriend they were both too drunk to care when I came down to fish. These attackers had to be thugs from the inner city. They will probably never be apprehended. Hope the guy feels better. Sorry to hear the news.

cowherder
07-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Sad to hear hope he turns out ok.