PDA

View Full Version : Striped bass bonus program resumes Sept 1 2015

clamchucker
07-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Got this in my e-mail.
They really should close this down for good until they can find a way to fix the abuses.

Striped bass regulations have changed. The Striped Bass Bonus Program (SBBP) closed on May 1, 2015 and will reopen September 1, 2015.

Detailed information about new SBBP procedures, including permits and reporting will be provided through various outlets including this webpage as soon as they become available.

All current permit holders received notice that the old 2015 permits are no longer valid and will automatically receive a new permit prior to September 1, 2015. Those permits will be issued first before processing new applications. The number of permits issues will be limited, based on the Division's discretion, to ensure the 2015 quota is not exceeded.

On September 1, 2015, the new SBBP regulations will be:

One fish 24" to less than 28"

Please note that the order of fish harvested does not matter.

New Jersey recreational striped bass regulations in all state waters are as follows:

One fish 28" to less than 43" AND one fish 43" or greater

Party/Charter Boat Facet of the SBBP Reinstated For 2015
The Party/Charter Boat (PCBT) facet of the SBBP will resume on September 1, 2015. Data collected from this program has proved invaluable for managing striped bass. Qualified PCBTs will be issued a limited number of permits allowing customers to keep one Bonus Fish from 24" to less than 28". Only one permit may be issued to a customer per day.

PCBTs will be required to submit daily logbooks of their striped bass catch and will also be required to provide weekly reports of striped bass bonus harvest in order to ensure the quota is not exceeded. To apply, download the application and submit to the Division with a copy of a Captain's license.

Party/Charter Boat Bonus Program Application (http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/sbbp_partycharterapp.pdf) (pdf, 70kb)

surferman
07-31-2015, 04:22 PM
I agree stupidest program ever.

storminsteve
07-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Which of the meatmen are going to be posting stripers stacked on the dock as soon as sep 1 rolls around? Any guesses for the top 3 contenders?

Monty
07-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Which of the meatmen are going to be posting stripers stacked on the dock as soon as sep 1 rolls around? Any guesses for the top 3 contenders?

I will go with Captain Derek Bielitz

hookset
07-31-2015, 07:25 PM
I'll take a stab at this,based on past performance lol.
1. bucktail boy
2. capt derek- limits plus plus plus!
3. that other guy up in the raritan bay. Whats his name capt sal or something. The one who keeps saying the bay is full of striped bass they are all over the place.

basshunter
08-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Capt Sal is delusional. Think he smoked too much pot back in the day.

plugcrazy
08-03-2015, 12:58 PM
3. that other guy up in the raritan bay. Whats his name capt sal or something. The one who keeps saying the bay is full of striped bass they are all over the place.

Maybe this is a silly question but if stripers are all over wouldnt he be advertising striper trips and catching them? That would be the best evidence. just my .02 You can get them in ocean city at night now but they are small dinks. I always thought the bonus program was stupid anyway. They have no way to enforce it.

jigfreak
08-03-2015, 06:15 PM
I think some of these guys are talking about how it used to be back when they invented fire and the pilgrims came over on the mayflower. Haven't fished up in the raritan bay area in a while but I used to fish sandy hook a lot. That used to be prime real estate for bass all year. Now it sucks not worth the trip for me.

jigfreak
08-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Back on topic the bonus program is a sham. I know guys who never returned their tags they just kept the same tags all year. So as it was said if they're not going to enforce it it's a big joke.

hookedonbass
08-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Well here is something that might help that. If they know folks are not complying they could change it up a little. When giving the bonus tags out they could put an expiration date on them. All tags given out in March expire on Mar31. And so forth going forward. That would force ppl holding them to use them and turn them in to get another valid one.