PDA

View Full Version : More Concrete for Sea Girt and Axel Carson Reefs

njdiver
08-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Additional deployments of concrete rubble are expected to continue on the Sea Girt and Axel Carson Reefs through the month as more material continues to become available. Two new locations on the Sea Girt Reef have been added to accommodate the material and provide for increased fishing and diving opportunities. The reefs were developed as part of the NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife Artificial Reef Program.

For more information, including deployment coordinates, visit http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2015/reefconcrete3-15.htm on the Division's website.

jigfreak
08-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Great news it's about time that jersey gets the reef material it deserves. Thanks for the info.

bababooey
08-03-2015, 06:20 PM
X2 thank you for posting this.

clamchucker
08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
I can remember going back 15 and 20 years how New Jersey was rarely proactive when It came to making these reefs. it seems they finally changed their minds and realized the economic importance each reef has to our state's economy.

J Barbosa
08-05-2015, 10:03 AM
I can remember going back 15 and 20 years how New Jersey was rarely proactive when It came to making these reefs. it seems they finally changed their minds and realized the economic importance each reef has to our state's economy.

Then we bury them with all the beach replenishment sand that gets sucked off the beaches.

Fishing has been very poor at the SH reef/Rocks/sea girt this year compared to the past years.

I think it has to be the reason as the LI reefs are on fire and ours are dead. I have several boat friends making 20+ mile runs for fluke when the NJ reefs are under well under 5-10 miles for them...

storminsteve
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
that's interesting that they are catching well in Long Island and not in New Jersey. must have something to do with the replenishment for sure.