PDA

View Full Version : would you eat this fish?

williehookem
08-08-2015, 04:04 PM
It is a very big fish. The guy who caught it deserves all the kudos for catching it. It is a certified 50 pounder and he really should be proud. That being said it is so red and raunchy looking I am wondering how good the fillets would taste. Would you eat it? How come some fish in the pics look red like that and others don't? Does that mean they would taste bad or am I wrong on my thinking here? thanks

captnemo
08-08-2015, 08:35 PM
It doesn't look that good in the picture. Possibly because he didn't bleed it out right away. I might not have kept a fish that big because I feel the ones 15 lbs and less taste a lot better. That's just the way I feel. It also looks like he was on a party boat somewhere by the looks of it. Probably competing for a pool. In that case he would not bleed it out because maybe he wanted to win the pool? That makes the most sense from what it looks like. My .02
I hear you it's still a very nice fish and congrats to the angler who caught it.

finchaser
08-09-2015, 06:24 AM
wouldn't eat any bass over 24" there are much better eating fish. Bass over 32' IMO are not much different than bluefish

stripermania
08-09-2015, 06:29 AM
I agree. That fish would taste like eating A**!

cowherder
08-10-2015, 12:34 PM
It also looks like he was on a party boat somewhere by the looks of it. Probably competing for a pool.

That really is a giant striper. So big looks like he has trouble holding it. Red similar to one of those red snappers they catch in florida. A striper that big would not fit on one of your standard 3 footers without the head or half the body sticking out. Could be he wasn't prepared and didn't have a big enough cooler.

Rip-Plugger
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
I would mount it not eat it.

R-P