PDA

View Full Version : Striper Time video

finchaser
09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQHQVCSuhg&sns=fb
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQHQVCSuhg&sns=fb)

seamonkey
09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Wow that was amazing how back then they had a conventional reel, and a rod that looked like a pool cue. They still caught stripers anyway. Today guys think you have to have a van stahl or zeebass and a 500 pole that has "parabolic action" LOL!.
Thanks for sharing that looked fun and simple back then.

finchaser
09-03-2015, 06:54 PM
now your making fun about the equipment I learned on in 1959:HappyWave:

cowherder
09-03-2015, 08:00 PM
He's right every single discussion online is about which fantastic new technology can catch more fish. If the guys who were in the striper time video today could see all the namby pamby guys out fishing today they would probably puke!
And what about the guys who use blue gloves when fishing so they dont have to touch the bait!

VSdreams
09-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Awesome video thanks for sharing.

jigfreak
09-04-2015, 11:48 AM
And what about the guys who use blue gloves when fishing so they dont have to touch the bait!

The dudes who use blue gloves are pu**ies and should be banned from fishing. Nice video finchaser thanks for sharing.

hookset
09-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Why ban them? Since they can't bear touching fish or bait make them the fish. Take them out on a boat and use for bait. I agree tho in the olden days it was a lot simpler. Go out in the tin boats, crank up the conventional sticks and reels, and catch the hell out of the fish. Oops forgot there were a lot more fish back then too. I remember when they used to catch bluefin tuna at the mudhole. Those were the days.

bababooey
09-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Why ban them? Since they can't bear touching fish or bait make them the fish. Take them out on a boat and use for bait.

hmmm. Saw that in a Jackass movie. Who here would do that?:scared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYHQi-hjAag

surferman
09-04-2015, 03:30 PM
God that is so sick.

buckethead
09-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Oops forgot there were a lot more fish back then too. I remember when they used to catch bluefin tuna at the mudhole. Those were the days.
You also have to remember back then there were not many folks out at night striper fishing. I could go a whole week at times before I ran into someone at night. This was especially true during the moratorium when most folks fished for fluke and other species. They stopped targeting bass because they were so few and far between. Nice video finchaser thanks for sharing.

robmedina
09-07-2015, 03:46 PM
And what about the guys who use blue gloves when fishing so they dont have to touch the bait! I guess I am not as much of a wuss as I thought since I rinse my hands before touching my rods. I hate fish smelling rod handles!

finchaser
09-07-2015, 05:15 PM
I guess I am not as much of a wuss as I thought since I rinse my hands before touching my rods. I hate fish smelling rod handles!

Lucky you never fished with Darkski's:upck:

DarkSkies
09-08-2015, 08:13 AM
^ I gave you old grouches something to talk about.......I was your entertainment....every time I came down there to fish....all you old farts would have pages of comedy material.....I heard the talk went on about me long after I left.....you should thank me for the entertainment! So what if ya's had to put up with a few unpleasant smells......:moon: :kiss: :laugh: :HappyWave:

J Barbosa
09-08-2015, 10:45 AM
I guess I am not as much of a wuss as I thought since I rinse my hands before touching my rods. I hate fish smelling rod handles!

I can't stand fish slime on my rods...

surferman
09-08-2015, 11:33 AM
No offense to anyone here but those guys in that video really seem like they have the coolness factor down. when the fish are here grab your gear get down to the beach and catch them up.
doesn't get any simpler or more basic than that.
I wish I could have been alive during some of those olden days to see some of those fish they used to catch.

rockhopper
04-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Love the striper time video. I like to watch it again every year waiting for the season to open. Thanks for sharing that. They really did not have much choices in equipment back then and they caught the crap out of the fish anyway.

buckethead
04-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes it used to be a lot of fun. We made do with less and we still caught fish.