PDA

View Full Version : Did all the $$$$ beach replenishment get washed out

SharkHart
10-03-2015, 08:39 PM
If anyone can get pics of jetty country in the next few days when the water recedes will be interesting, i am thinking mother nature had a BIG opening round for taking back that sand.

fishinmission78
10-03-2015, 11:14 PM
No pics that far north but can tell you the area from point all the way to island beach got hammered. In brick the metal sea wall that was supposed to hold off erosion got exposed. I'm no engineer so I cant say for sure. Still I can estimate that at least 20 million in sand is missing in that area alone. Who knows how much got carved out of jetty country- 50 million? 100 million?

bababooey
10-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Job security for ACOE:2flip:

finchaser
10-04-2015, 09:02 AM
sure did all Brick and bay head beaches are closed because they don't exist any more , water also breached in Ortley Beach

http://brick.shorebeat.com/2015/10/video-waves-smashing-against-bricks-sea-wall-10-feet-of-sand-eroded/

clamchucker
10-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I drove along the ocean county waters today. It is disheartening to see how much sand has been washed away. It is also criminal to think of how much money has been spent and wasted. It is time to look at other solutions. If the property owners don't want dune systems they should be forced to form their own insurance pools to pay for storm damages. The town of ocean beach is a little hamlet. It is much smaller and poorer than many of the other towns. They don't have nearly the damage their neighbors to the north or south have. All this from building a few dunes and planting dune grasses every year. Something has to change. What they are doing now is not working.

Blazin420
10-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Stopped by some spots yesterday am...Alot of that sand went bye-bye with the storm!! LOL what a joke id say about 20 million in sand washed away...Stopped by Long Branch where all the small rock piles were basically buried last year and showed little signs of returning until this past week...Then i got a shot of Mom Beach that jetty was showing a bit this summer but now its showing alot more...And the geniuses there decided to build a big sand wall before the storm...As u can see in the pic the water broke thru!! Just dont get why they need to waste the time and money on such a useless thing like beach replenishment!!!...1st set is L Branch.

Blazin420
10-05-2015, 07:02 AM
these pics are in Mom Beach...dont no why they are side ways sorry!!

fishinmission78
10-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Blazing there used to be a huge jetty in monmouth beach. I stopped fishing up there after they covered those jetties. Is that middle pic showing the big jetty coming back or is that some other one. I believe it used to be called big monmouth.

Blazin420
10-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Blazing there used to be a huge jetty in monmouth beach. I stopped fishing up there after they covered those jetties. Is that middle pic showing the big jetty coming back or is that some other one. I believe it used to be called big monmouth.
Yeah i believe thats whats left of "big monmouth "

finchaser
10-05-2015, 02:24 PM
http://patch.com/new-jersey/brick/bricks-steel-wall-exposed-18-feet-did-its-job-mayor-says-0?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_term=politics%20%26%20government&utm_campaign=alert

SharkHart
10-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Politicians! I guess this is what we want although maybe some houses took damage, sorry for that but we want our rocks right..... thanks Blaze, My iPhone pics do that too and it drives me bonkers.