PDA

View Full Version : Pallone does it again

finchaser
10-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Applied for and was awarded 40 million dollars in sand replenishment money for his district to repair the damage from this last storm here we go again.

I think fisherman should unite and purchase a dump truck of sand and have it dumped on his front lawn so he can have his own private beach

DarkSkies
10-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I think fisherman should unite and purchase a dump truck of sand and have it dumped on his front lawn so he can have his own private beach

We should do all of those things....Fin...and most importantly rally against him come election time.....

But fishermen have short memories....
Lots of energy to say and talk of outrage on the internet....

When it comes time to protest...
or show united support....like you and the Old Timers did with that rolling blockade back in the 80's in Spring Lake....most folks simply will not show up....

The apathy in the fishing community...is the worst it's ever been.....
When I say that....I'm referring to folks who are actually motivated to take action against something that affects their fishing future....

It's easy to type keystrokes...sign an online petition.....but when it comes time to show up and be counted...that's where we fall off...and thus are not respected as a voting bloc.....

DarkSkies
10-09-2015, 11:57 AM
(I say this not to dismiss any effort of you folks or any other folks who are trying to effect change...but the harsh lesson in reality is....The % of fishermen who actually show up to show support and be counted, pales in comparison to the numbers who claim outrage on the internet...)

I have asked myself many times why this can't change?...enough have to be motivated to rally and garner support...for that to happen....

Many of the issues today that folks claim outrage over...are quietly being resolved behind the scenes by small groups of dedicated guys....who show up....and try to work out compromises....I wish more folks understood that and tried to be active participants....

IMO.... The latest carving of the beach has shown that beach replenishment with sand, simply does not work...if they were to put serious effort into the dune system exemplified by Ocean Beach, and a series of stronger jetties in appropriate areas, similar to the T jetties and systems that worked in Deal and Long Branch for the last 30 years....that would get us moving toward a much more stable solution....
But no one wants to seriously entertain those options...because of the money and special interests involved....

Mr Pallone will be re-elected again....
Because there are not enough voters in his district willing to oppose him...
He has brought so much federal relief dollars to his constituents...that he is like a God to them....
I don't see that changing anytime soon....

If anyone has any concrete solutions or proposals...
Would love to hear them...:learn: :HappyWave:

BassBuddah
10-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Mr Pallone will re-elected again....
Because there are not enough voters in his district willing to oppose him...
He has brought so much federal relief dollars to his constituents...that he is like a God to them....
I don't see that changing anytime soon....

I agree. From what I have read he has gotten them so much money it is like he is the heroin dealer and they are his clients. They call it welfare for the rich. No where else in America can you put your property in such a hazardous area and have Uncle Sam pay you tens of millions per mile to repair as needed. Ask the people of Louisiana if they got similar relief after Katrina. No they did not. The government did the smart thing and bought out some of those folks because they should never been houses built in some of those places. I have nothing against owning beach property. If you do own it you should bear the risk. If you do accept that Uncle Sam money then you should have no issues with allowing access.
The north and south shore of long island have many places that were breached during sandy. Folks who want to own that property have a higher insurance rate. That's fair. my .02

plugcrazy
10-09-2015, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking Pallone is corrupt. Does anyone here think with that 40 million he is getting them there won't be some extra money thrown his way? How about campaign contributions. There is a limit on those. I'll bet $1000 that there is some funny business where one person is funneling more than the legal amount to Pallone through bogus accounts. Find that and prove it and he will go down in disgrace!

seamonkey
10-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Applied for and was awarded 40 million dollars in sand replenishment money for his district to repair the damage from this last storm here we go again.

I know it's wrong but it would be so cool if someone could dump a load of sand or horsemanure right on his driveway!

bababooey
10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
How about campaign contributions. There is a limit on those. I'll bet $1000 that there is some funny business where one person is funneling more than the legal amount to Pallone through bogus accounts. Find that and prove it and he will go down in disgrace!

Yessir thats probably happening. To prove it? Never happen.

storminsteve
10-10-2015, 09:33 AM
How about if someone left a fish rack on his driveway as a message.