PDA

View Full Version : Fat lady coming?

seamonkey
11-01-2015, 08:45 AM
This is so depressing. Fished CM last night with clams. Sure fire recipe for a few critters. The only critters I found were skates and doggies. How about you guys what say you? Worst fall ever for me so far.

robmedina
11-01-2015, 09:41 AM
I did not even fish the "fall run" last year because the beach replenishment has ruined our beaches. I got a hobie kayak and figured I would fish the fall run from a yak this year- really sucks getting out there and not catching.

finchaser
11-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I did not even fish the "fall run" last year because the beach replenishment has ruined our beaches. I got a hobie kayak and figured I would fish the fall run from a yak this year- really sucks getting out there and not catching.

Only 9 more years of replenishment

hookset
11-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Lots of bait way in the back. We might get a reprieve from that dreaded year end fat aria.

hookset
11-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Only 9 more years of replenishment

I would love a job where I had 9 years of guaranteed employment no matter how bad I screwed up. I wonder how much that dredging company contributed politically to get that gig.

plugcrazy
11-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Definitely hope she's not singing yet!

plugcrazy
11-02-2015, 10:31 AM

This is the first I heard of the kayak guys not catching. I had always assumed you dudes could cover more water and maybe have an edge on the catching over us fishing the beaches. If true that really sucks. Sorry to hear it. i agree there are no beaches left now with the replenishment. Just soft sand with no structure at all.

surferman
11-02-2015, 10:34 AM
I think it has a lot to do with it. Cape may beaches for example are very shallow. There are not too many cuts or troughs except by the point or the inlets. We do have a great spring run tho. The fall it seems the stripers have been starting up later and later each year. Unless you want to blame on climate change I would def say there is less of them.

jigfreak
11-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Fat lady-Not yet she just got a head cold and is taking a stage break for a lil bit.:)

surferman
11-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Thanks was starting to get real depressing. Send some down our way at least to the inlets or Cape. Read that someone got a 45 pounder trolling near CM yesterday. There is still hope.

seamonkey
11-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah I didn'n mean to be a premature downer. It does get depressing when you are catching a few schoolies and all of a sudden it stops cold. You start to think that is the end or beginning of. Thanks for the positivity. We usually see some nice stripers in CM around the end of nov into dec.

plugginpete
11-27-2015, 08:52 AM
I hope she stays away until December 31

jigfreak
12-13-2015, 10:09 AM
This warm water in the ocean would be ideal if there were fish around. Fished 4 hours last night 1 short. She may be warming up.

baitstealer
12-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Nooooooooooooo!

lostatsea
12-13-2015, 03:46 PM
This warm water in the ocean would be ideal if there were fish around. Fished 4 hours last night 1 short. She may be warming up.

Agree, it seems too perfect for this time of year and the conditions for the fishing to be too spotty. If you catch one fish it's like you won the lottery. Even the boats don't seem to be pulling them in consistently. All that bait around too. There really has to be some issue with the stripers. Recent reports said mucho bluefish and lots of baby stripers. Big blues in december with no stripers on the bottom? Very strange.

finchaser
12-13-2015, 06:22 PM
She sure is. big blues from the Hook to Lavallette. bass are almost non existent last 4 days. no bass from sandy hook to Barnegat - on boat last week 30 to 50 a day

bababooey
12-13-2015, 08:36 PM
I have to say I don't fish for stripers that much but from what I hear its pretty bad. It seems every year you surf guys had the last numbers of bass along the beach. Even I managed to get my lazy *** out and catch a few. I'm talking about stripers all the way from sandy hook to lbi. from what I remember it was the last week of november and would last until almost the end of december. What happened to all the little ones? The 18 inchers.

jigfreak
12-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Hey hopefully the big blues, herring, and the short dinks of december will give us a few more weeks in december. That's all I want for Christmas, Mr Claus.

jigfreak
12-15-2015, 08:49 AM
from what I remember it was the last week of november and would last until almost the end of december. What happened to all the little ones? The 18 inchers.

The beaches should be covered up with those rats right about now. Like clockwork every fall. If it seems like they are not there, maybe the numbers of stripers that people think there are could be exaggerated. My .02

fishinmission78
12-15-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here but would like to officially put the word out that it's over. That way some of the internet whiners onlline and facebook I have been reading comments from lately can stay home, play with their x-boxes and keep their hands warm by a special version of Jingle Balls.

finchaser
12-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Hey hopefully the big blues, herring, and the short dinks of december will give us a few more weeks in december. That's all I want for Christmas, Mr Claus.

What he said but she is warming up

hookedonbass
12-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Maybe so but hopefully the fish will linger a little longer. Weather temperatures will reach 60 today and 71 on Thursday. Definitely not into the winter mode yet. Lets keep our fingers crossed maybe the fat lady will sit on the bench for another week or two.

finchaser
12-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Maybe so but hopefully the fish will linger a little longer. Weather temperatures will reach 60 today and 71 on Thursday. Definitely not into the winter mode yet. Lets keep our fingers crossed maybe the fat lady will sit on the bench for another week or two.

Big schools are gone as they say the death rats and stragglers just need to pass and she will sing

The fish that invaded Island beach Thursday are in Delaware the school before that from the week before are in Virginia. Big blues are gone and most head boats have quit for the year.

hookedonbass
12-22-2015, 10:18 AM
I know just some wishful thinking and hoping on my part. From what I remember the island beach "run" this year lasted about 3 weeks tops. If you didn't make it to the blitzes you didn't catch a lot of fish. I don't have a lot like a lot of you guys but isn't 3 weeks relatively short?

baitstealer
01-03-2016, 11:35 AM
She is being held prisoner in fat camp and can't do any warmup singing till she drops 50 lbs. Woo hoo! that's the best explanation I can come up with for fish still being around yet. Catch em up gents. I will be giving it a try this afternoon. Will report back good or bad.

finchaser
01-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Skim ice this morning on the beaver dam

finchaser
01-08-2016, 09:27 AM
She's tuning up

Ocean water 45 degrees this morning

SE Gale and rain for tomorrow and Sunday

Cold weather all next week

J Barbosa
01-08-2016, 10:11 AM
I got the ice fishing gear ready......sing on fat lady!

buckethead
01-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Could be close I got 47 this morning where I was.

cowherder
01-08-2016, 05:07 PM
:scared:Nooooooo - can't we tie her down so we get another week?

hookset
01-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Not exactly done yet. I'm going to try to make it till the end of Jan. Hope the fish and water temperatures cooperate.

VSdreams
01-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Good job Hook. Someone can buy her some Hohos or pork rinds to distract her!

porgy75
01-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Pardon my ignorance but doesnt a northeast storm and such bring in warmer water from offshore. Woulldn't the ocean get warmer after wards?

finchaser
01-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Tried this morning 6 to 8 AM water 42 on my thermometer

http://www.new-jersey-leisure-guide.com/ocean-temperatures.html varified

IMO

seamonkey
01-14-2016, 12:14 PM
:scared:Nooooooo - can't we tie her down so we get another week?

Good job Hook. Someone can buy her some Hohos or pork rinds to distract her!

Funny stuff. Throw a trail of hershey kisses that will lead her inland.
Still some fish in cape may. Some facebook reports. Also my cousin was also fishing CM right before the storm and got one nice striper on clams 34 incher. You never know until you try.

finchaser
01-15-2016, 11:11 AM
She' s here except for herring the ocean is one dead place and all temps below 40 day and night next week IMO