PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Pages : [1] 2

hookset
10-30-2015, 01:46 PM
There are a few things to remember about the surf cams. They only show a certain area unless you view one that has panning features. There could be a blitz a mile up or down the beach and you would never know. They are helpful if you are looking at a few of them to get a sense of the swell that day. Of course if you see a bunch of little dots in the distance all clustered around you know either it is opening day of blackfish, fluke, etc, or they are out there bailing stripers or blues. The way this season is going you might not see it on the cam. Isolated patches of fish except for up in the raritan bay where they are doing pretty well.
The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.;)

porgy75
10-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

surferman
10-30-2015, 02:38 PM
The best way to know if there are fish is to go out there and actually try fishing for them.;)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: Quote of the year!

finchaser
10-30-2015, 03:09 PM
:clapping:on the go out and try

Did the boat thing 1 mile out we had 4 bass 32 to 41 inchs forgot the scale all still alive and well

plugcrazy
10-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Nice going. I fished moco this afternoon. Definitely not full swing on the striper run. I fished 2 places and got skunked at both. There was one place where there was a cluster of boats. They were real far out. Could not see if they were catching or not. most of the other surf guys I talked to didn't have much good things to say. One guy got two shorts and he fished all day. Another guy all day fishing with clams, one keeper and a lot of skates he said. Striper striper please come out today. We miss and revere you all the way.

plugcrazy
10-30-2015, 04:49 PM
finchaser just wondering what you got those stripers on. Bait or trolling. Any thoughts on if they will be coming closer in to the beach? thanks

basshunter
10-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Good to hear there are some bass. Reading about a lot of cows in RB but not too many in the ocean, strange.

finchaser
10-30-2015, 08:38 PM
finchaser just wondering what you got those stripers on. Bait or trolling. Any thoughts on if they will be coming closer in to the beach? thanks
Trolling weren't thick enough to jig which we prefer to do I was testing new lead core braid

baitstealer
10-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Nice job on the stripers!

captnemo
10-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Trolling is the ticket right now. Got a few to 21lbs on bunker spoons in Raritan Bay today mid afternoon. Kept one for the table. We ran across scattered bunker, no large concentrations.

storminsteve
10-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear you guys are getting them on the boats. Send a few into the surf please! Fished moco last night. C-blocked out of a good spot because of the closure I went further south. Skunk for me except for one hickory shad on the teaser.

SharkHart
10-31-2015, 01:47 PM
WOW is it bad out, fished Mon/OC last night one little guy saved me from a skunk, fish just arent where they are supposed to be by now, like bababooey said if we dont sand eels FAST this is gonna be bad

robmedina
11-01-2015, 06:58 AM
fished moco from the yak yesterday. marked a lot of fish but no bites. 5 or 6 other yakers out there and no one hooked up. The surf guys were fishing meat and they didn't get a tap either. Dolphins were feeding on something about 1/4 mile out I stayed away from them.

seamonkey
11-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Thats so depressing that you fished from a kayak and still could not get any bites. I fished CM last night with clams. The perfect recipe after the storm. The only think I could get to bite was skates and doggies. No stripes. Fantastic fall run so far.

finchaser
11-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Fished this morning In the river had 17 fluke and a bass all on white pin-tail

DarkSkies
11-01-2015, 10:47 AM
NJ Fishing Reports for November 2015 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....:idea:

3. Location -
Out front....
out back.....
or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

** Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group! :thumbsup:

**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Mid Fall Recap
November is usually a great month for fishing, as local waters cool down and bait is (usually) gone from bay areas and the bait/bass migration is in full swing along the Coast.
Some would say it is the best of the best, if you are talking about the Fall Run.
(Or......it should be)

Some observations.....
1. Montauk Fall Run fishing has not really materialized this year, either for the surf or boat fishermen.
Any decent fish caught, have been through hard work, sweat, and blood.
People who claim how healthy the fishery is would be well-advised to turn the pages back 15 years and compare the catches then, to now....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8039-Why-are-there-no-fish-in-Montauk-right-now
(http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8039-Why-are-there-no-fish-in-Montauk-right-now)

2. There has been a noticable lack of a consistent pattern thus far this Fall.
There was a bit of a pattern further to the West of Montauk, the central south shore of LI. For 3 weeks there was pretty good fishing in that area.
As I'm typing these words, it appears that fishing is winding down (for now)........ and that the bulk of those initial fish have slid over into the Raritan Bay/ NY Bight area......

Whoever is fishing the NY Bight area may tend to claim how "fantastic" the Fall Run is, for that area....

The important thing to realize is that a majority of areas that have held fish in the past, now hold very few fish, or nothing.
Some want to blame the jetty replenishment....
I feel the problem is bigger than that....

As many here have said...
"Ya can't catch....
What isn't there...."

3. There has been a tremendous amount of bait in the back bays and rivers..... some claiming more than they have seen in years...... I would tend to agree with that.
Last week I posted some pics of super large mullet that some netter friends are still getting....
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7885-who-is-finding-mullet-right-now-and-what-to-look-for
That bait is moving now...as I type these words...whether the water seems fishable or not.....:learn:
There is plenty of bait in the surf zone....but not many fish among that abundant food.....

2 factors that seems to be slowing that movement down are
a. the mild weather and
b. mild water temps......
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...shing-patterns

(http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?5149-S-amp-A-Education-Series-Understanding-back-bay-bait-migration-and-fishing-patterns)

Sorry that I can't be more optimistic....my memory is stuck in the past, only 8-10 short years ago...when catches of 20-30 fish a night...were common...if you could figure the pattern according to your logs..

Lately......because the fish are spread out so thin...except in the NY Bight area and some of the inlets......there isn't much of a pattern....
So if you have a chance to get out there....don't delay...
Blink.... and you might miss it......
Wishing all readers and their families best of luck for the rest of the Fall....:fishing:

finchaser
11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Speaking of cams the manasquan cam is still down. The site is surfchex. I read they were going to have it moved by november. So any day now it should be back.

It's back for for HD it looks worse now

cowherder
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Fished moco. One of the most perfect nights out there so far. Total skunk!

hookset
11-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Lots of driving this afternoon. End of Occo. Then up and down in Moco. One short on popper at sunset. Seems like the shad are still around too. It looks like the bass might be off the beach. Saw a few boats clustered up. Hope they were catching. Didn't see much in close where I stopped and fished at.

Blazin420
11-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better

basshunter
11-02-2015, 10:10 AM
I agree with you have not been fishing for decades like some of you guys here but this is the worst fall for me to far. The big blues saved the spring afaiac but striper fishing from the jersey shore has been meh. jmo. Fished somoco this am from 5-7. Skunk for me too. Very flat ocean with not a lot of stuff going on that I could see.

basshunter
11-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks...

Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!:thumbsup:

Blazin420
11-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks Bass !! Yeah its our first..Pretty amazing thing becoming a Dad! Def best catch EVER!!...And thanks for the kind words on the reports...I try to be a glass half full guy for most things in my life...Including fishing!! Lets hope we get a shot at some fish the next few weeks even if its just some schoolies

plugcrazy
11-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey Blazing 420 congratulations as well! If I could ask you guys there is a lot of guys catching nothing now and I get that the stripers have been hit hard by all the charter and party boats getting them when the fishing is good. I read on another site that its over pack up your stuff. Some guys were joking that they were selling all of it. Does anyone here think the fish have past us by since they do not seem to even be up in montauk? Any thoughts as to why this fall is so weird? thanks

surferman
11-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Heard of some stripers still up in the far north so we might have some life left. "Heard" is not as good as seeing them so I have to say I'm not sure either.:don't know why: Guys aren't really doing that great in the CM rips yet so not much going on in our area.
blazin congrats on your new addition maybe you can get a new fishing partner out of it.

porgy75
11-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Well they are in the raritan because all those boats are singing its striper time. Fished the hook last night and you all prob know they closed the end of it. So you can't fish there any more. Fished for 4 hours with a sp and a teaser. Got one 23 inch short and a few hickory shad. I don't understand how come if the raritan fishing is so great they are not all over sandy hook?
Will try again one night this week.

hookset
11-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Just noticed that you said you had a new addition. Catch of a lifetime, your first? congrats man! Always enjoy your reports and enthusiasm. I find them very positive and a good guage of what's happening out there. All the best to you and your family and congrats Dad!:thumbsup:

x2. Good luck with your first. It gets easier after that. Think about getting your wife a spa treatment, or at least fingers and toes done at the nail spa, and she will really appreciate it. It will help with the post partum depression.
Went out again. Got up early and worked some moving water in moco for 4 hrs till sunrise. 1 rat bass on rubber shad and then a monster blue. Went to bucktail after that and got 2 more gorillas. There were peanuts where I was fishing so the big blues might be here at last.

hookset
11-02-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't understand how come if the raritan fishing is so great they are not all over sandy hook?
Will try again one night this week.

Not enough stripers to go around. There are lots in the middle of the bay. In the surf not so much. Do a search for the m&m theory. I read it somewhere on this site.

baitstealer
11-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Hey thanks for the news. Would LOVE to see the big blue fish come back to the beaches.

SharkHart
11-02-2015, 12:54 PM
Facebook friends in LI have been catching ok. The raritan pay boats are talking up the bite but they are all trolling... Why? Because the fish arent thick

ledhead36
11-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Your spot on about that. The stripers are in rb. Not like they say cause if they were so thick they wouldn't have to troll for them.

3 of us fished last nite from 8-3am. 2 keepers on bunker. Lots of bunker and peanut bunker have been coming by lately. So if you think fishing for 7 hours and catching 2 keeps for 3 guys is great come on down. Also the gigantic blues are here. They are great if you want them. Fishing for stripers they kept hitting our bunker. Getting away from them it will be hard. They are eating everything in site. Try bunker heads for the stripers. blazing good luck with your new one. Hope to see you taking him out fishing when he is old enough.

basshunter
11-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys. My uncle lives near the Rbay so I called him. We tried 4:30-6 today with poppers. It was some pretty fun action with the gator blues. A little slow when the tide finally slacked. Still fun with catch and release. No striped ones but thats ok. Will try to come back and get lucky again. They are finally here guys thank you all.

basshunter
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Facebook friends in LI have been catching ok. The raritan pay boats are talking up the bite but they are all trolling... Why? Because the fish arent thick

I think thats a good point. We were hoping for some striped ones today and it was just gator blues for us. I really thought stripers would be on the side or behind the blues but they were not. Must be a lot of stripers out in the channels going by all the pics that are showing up online and FB.

fishinmission78
11-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Channels and structure. Lots of rocks and shoals in that bay.

buckethead
11-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Fished twice today because low tide was near the time when I like to be out there. Nothing for the pre-sunrise excursion. For the afternoon trip I moved to a different area and got only hickory shad and one fat short on the redgill. Ocean was calm with very little wind.

jigfreak
11-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Damn bucket you went out twice and got one. Epic. Yeah I feel the same way. Getting ready to go out and fish the incoming. Might change up the location a bit getting bored with catching nothing. Wish you guys luck. Gonna need it. Try we must.

cowherder
11-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Hah that remonds me of the star wars! Do you must there is no try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No

plugcrazy
11-02-2015, 08:57 PM
lol

VSdreams
11-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Maybe obi wan kenobi can guide some stripers to NJ.

VSdreams
11-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Ive been soo busy with the new addition to our family..Little Lucas James...That fishing has been on the back burner past 2-3 weeks....I finally got a chance Friday night when mom inlaw came down and helped my wife with the lil dude...I fished hard from 7pm till almost 2am tried 3 spots that have always produced fish for me this time of year.....Came up with a total SKUNK!! My buddy who met me out there did manage 1 short but not a tap for me....I no i havent been out much the past few weeks but put alot of hrs in before that..and yes hands down my WORST fall to date...Hell my WORST season lto date spring included.....As always its great to get out and get some salt in my lungs i just hope next time some fish are around to make it that much better

Congrats on your new addition dude and thanks for trying to keep it positive. We need some good vibes. Or some stripers. Or some good bud and blackberry brandy for the november nights when it gets colder. Or the Mets to win the series for once instead of almost! We need something to hope for.

jigfreak
11-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Drove to a county up north last night for some better fishing. Picked up 6 of a little better size than I have been seeing. Near high tide and outgoing. 5-13 lbs. Magdarter and larger darters worked. One bigger blue between 10-11 lbs as well. All still swimming.

surferman
11-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Great report thanks for sharing. Road trip!

cowherder
11-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Thank you for the report. Nice work!

hookedonbass
11-03-2015, 11:06 AM

It's back for for HD it looks worse now

Wondered how come you think that. Just looked at it the surfers on the sups are out there. Looks pretty clear to me with very flat water. Are they offering less features now? thanks for your opinion

SharkHart
11-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Wouldnt normally post this but since fishing is tough and its just us chickens if you browse other sites a large pic went up for north where they might be at

finchaser
11-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Wondered how come you think that. Just looked at it the surfers on the sups are out there. Looks pretty clear to me with very flat water. Are they offering less features now? thanks for your opinion

Much better today maybe it from the overcast day bad part its aimed on a sand bar

buckethead
11-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I think the fish are playing hopscotch again because they are not stopping in moco where I fish in any great numbers. nice going Jig. fished this morning.Caught the skunk

jigfreak
11-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Wouldnt normally post this but since fishing is tough and its just us chickens if you browse other sites a large pic went up for north where they might be at

Yup. I see you learned that trick of copying and then enlarging it to look at the background too. Saw that and it was like they were giving out gps coordinates. Rarely fish up that way but the pics were too easy so I had to drive up there to check it out. Amazingly naive of them. Thanks guys. Next you will see a post in a few days complaining about the crowds, where did they come from oh woe is me. :huh:
SMH you can't keep a bite quiet while posting clearly recognizable background pictures on the internet. Should be in the surf fishing 101 rulebook but the guys that need to learn that prob don't have a clue. That's why I rarely post pics. If you know I caught the fish, that should be all you need to get out and make some casts. If you need more than that ask your Mommy to hold your hand to take you surf fishing.

cowherder
11-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Saw that pic and it was like they were giving out gps coordinates. Rarely fish up that way but the pics were too easy so I had to drive up there to check it out. Amazingly naive of them. Thanks guys. Next you will see a post in a few days complaining about the crowds, where did they come from oh woe is me. :huh:
SMH you can't keep a bite quiet while posting clearly recognizable background pictures on the internet. Should be in the surf fishing 101 rulebook

Truth! That's so funny you should mention that. When I didn't know a lot about fishing a friend I met from the beach would be absent for a few weeks at a time. When I would run into him he would share only a little about catching 20 and 30 lb bass. I asked him to send me pics and he would not. One november I caught up with him again. He was in the back for 2 weeks catching those bigger stripers and would not tell a soul. Not even me. When I saw the pics finally I realized why he wouldn't send them. You could see the bridge in the background. He was a smart dude and I learned a lot from that. Dont share with the world if you don't want 200 new friends there with you the next day!

hookset
11-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Agree 100%. Ego and look at how good I'm catching posts and pics sent on cell phones have ruined many a good bite that was kept quiet.

seamonkey
11-03-2015, 04:29 PM
"Oh NO!!!!! You guys don't know what you are talking about. Fish move. They have fins!"

How many times have you heard that lame excuse. Just sharing my experience, when they are on bait in structure in the back they can be there for weeks. They don't move. That's why you should be general in your report descriptions. I'm glad you guys are like that here. Too much location detail is never good. The only thing that happens with that is stupidity and mugging.

seamonkey
11-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Drove to a county up north last night for some better fishing. Picked up 6 of a little better size than I have been seeing. Near high tide and outgoing. 5-13 lbs. Magdarter and larger darters worked. One bigger blue between 10-11 lbs as well. All still swimming.

Great it seems like you put a hard work in glad you got some. Thanks for the releases we need some in Cape May.

seamonkey
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I think the fish are playing hopscotch again because they are not stopping in moco where I fish in any great numbers. nice going Jig. fished this morning.Caught the skunk

That's what I feel like too. Hopskotch here one day and totally dead the next. Thanks for your reports. Reading them every day here is a great motivaor for me to get out. Even when you do get the skunk.

VSdreams
11-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Nice going gents. Getting ready to go out. Really like that yoda reference. try you must! rofl

try I must, stripers/blues or bust!

porgy75
11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Kudos on the stripers and blue good job.

porgy75
11-03-2015, 05:03 PM

Where's the like button on this? Going to be ringing in my head the next time I'm driving down to go fishing.

hookedonbass
11-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Nice job

cowherder
11-03-2015, 05:25 PM
If you know I caught the fish, that should be all you need to get out and make some casts. If you need more than that ask your Mommy to hold your hand to take you surf fishing.

:clapping:I just read this again lol. Have to give it to you for being so outspoken. These are pearls of wisdom Sir. Thank you!

baitstealer
11-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Nice going gents. Getting ready to go out. Really like that yoda reference. try you must! rofl

Awesome attitude. Wishing you much luck.

fishjay
11-04-2015, 08:24 AM
the OFFC was out in force yesterday. fished OC late afternoon well into the dark. got the skunk. plenty of bait, shad and even some squid but no BASS.

will try again today

buckethead
11-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Same for me, gentlemen. Another skunk serving in moco this morning. may give it a try later on this afternoon to see if conditions have changed. It was a little breezy out there with the North / Northeast.

finchaser
11-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Boat today we had 7 fish to 43 inch 32 pound all live lined on circle hooks all released no snag and drop

cowherder
11-04-2015, 07:21 PM
Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!:HappyWave:

cowherder
11-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh and nice going on the release as well.

VSdreams
11-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Nice stripers finchaser I read there was a hot bite in ocean county congrats on the fish. I was out last night fishing hard. 41/2 hours later not much to show for it. I decided to give it 5 minutes more before I went home and got a 22 in striper on a yellow north bar plug. I totally agree about the perfect conditions. It really does seem like the stripers have declined. The boats are killing them and doing well. We should do that well too or at least have some stripers on the beach.

finchaser
11-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Another perfect night in moco for me. Another perfect skunk! Finchaser nice going beautiful stripers but boat fish don't count!:HappyWave:

I know they don't count but they are fun to catch and release on my way now that the fog has lifted

fishjay
11-05-2015, 08:23 AM
The OFFC, with the guidance of a friend, tried many new locations in MC yesterday with the same results. NO fish. tried plugging for a few hours at dark and finally lost the skunk with a 23" bass on a mag darter. Not much for 3 people and and hours of fishing.

DarkSkies
11-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Nice fish, Fin.....just to qualify, he wasn't snagging and dropping.....snagged the bunker...put them back out on a circle hook...and paying attention to what he was doing....outfished his fishing partner for that day, by 3:1.
The stories of dead fish laying on the surface are believable and sad...There were guys on the radio complaining about the new striper limits....and some of them were probably culling fish....

When people are in the middle of feeding fish...that experience tends to be what they see...every time they speak about bass....and will strongly state how solid the bass population is...because they have "seen it"......
More on that in this thread
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8053-what-is-your-definition-of-EPIC-FISHING-is-the-term-over-used
Thanks for the report, Fin...glad to see ya get into some quality fish.....:HappyWave:
Hope your success continues today.....

The OFFC, with the guidance of a friend, tried many new locations in MC yesterday with the same results. NO fish. tried plugging for a few hours at dark and finally lost the skunk with a 23" bass on a mag darter. Not much for 3 people and and hours of fishing.

This kills me to read it......:(
If folks reading this report knew you guys like I do....a combined total of over 150 years fishing experience among these three members of the OFFC....they might understand my sadness with all that ground you covered.....

Folks, these are some of the old-timers I talk about all the time......I am forever grateful for the pearls of wisdom they have shared with me over the years....they know the bites...they know the patterns....they know how to find a few fish (when there are more than a few scattered bites)......
It is a little disheartening and depressing......

As others have said....
"Ya can't catch...what ain't there"
There are plenty of fish in the middle...it's on the edges where we notice the drop, and see things more clearly.

The OFFC, being retired, have more time to fish than most...and will be back out again....I've seen you three on the beach plugging away.....hours after most of the others have given up and gone home.....

I can only hope that things will improve slightly....that's all you guys ask for.....just a chance to catch a few fish....it's what turns a sad, sour, trip into one that brings you happiness....

We're not asking for much here Lord....just a few....but please, in your benevolence, bring some more opportunities to these fishermen....who work so hard.....
Amen. :thumbsup: :fishing:

DarkSkies
11-05-2015, 11:31 AM
2. There has been a noticable lack of a consistent pattern thus far this Fall.
As I'm typing these words, it appears that fishing is winding down (for now)........ and that the bulk of those initial fish have slid over into the Raritan Bay/ NY Bight area......

Whoever is fishing the NY Bight area may tend to claim how "fantastic" the Fall Run is, for that area....

The important thing to realize is that a majority of areas that have held fish in the past, now hold very few fish, or nothing.
Some want to blame the jetty replenishment....
I feel the problem is bigger than that....

......Two factors that seems to be slowing that bait movement down are
a. the mild weather and
b. mild water temps......
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/...shing-patterns (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?5149-S-amp-A-Education-Series-Understanding-back-bay-bait-migration-and-fishing-patterns)

Lately......because the fish are spread out so thin...except in the NY Bight area and some of the inlets......there isn't much of a pattern....
So if you have a chance to get out there....don't delay...
Blink.... and you might miss it......
Wishing all readers and their families best of luck for the rest of the Fall....:fishing:

Just to try to add to the above and put some positivity in here, as other have asked for.....

Some have asked if this is the end.....

For some, further East, it may be...but there are always fish, stragglers, etc, that will stay close to abundant bait.....
This Fall season is different for a lot of us....as mentioned above the mild weather has put some bodies fish in a holding pattern.......There are still a few large bodies of fish in the LI Sound and others that are slowly moving down the East River, and along the Coast as well.

What are sadly sterile is many of the ocean beaches.......Even the bay beaches are not as productive as they should be....
There just aren't enough fish, to fill the "edges" of the M&M bowl like there used to be.

1. One bright spot is the large bluefish which are staring to filter into our NJ/NY Bight area and some parts of Ocean County...they showed up last week....Anglers are seeing more of them every day. A friend on the other side of the Bight who hasn't seen many fish...spent all day catching giant blues, and a few bass, yesterday....all from land....the NY Bight has a decent amount of bait and fish varieties in certain areas right now....

2. Another bright spot is the amount of bass in the NY Bight area......this is a shining sea of hope, considering that many other areas are holding few fish......the chief indicator being Montauk, formerly the most formidable fish highway on the East Coast...where the Charter boats are now fishing for bottom fish instead of bass. (That's something to think about.)

And as many others have said here....
a. If you're chasing fish that are feeding on bunker.....and don't have a boat or kayak...those fish, without significant structure to hold them, (usually) are only in an ocean area for a few hours, before they slide away or out of reach......
b. The times the bunker have stayed around....miles along a beach or deep water harbor area...there (usually) are not many bass or blues to feed on them, (or ) enough bass and blues to pressure them into moving.

It will be cold, rainy, snowy, and over before you know it...
As I said, blink and ya may miss it.
So get out there and fish every chance you can....:HappyWave:

hookset
11-05-2015, 12:57 PM
Fished moco last night. Front and back. Great weather fished without the heavy jacket and it was good. Fishing not so good. Smell of skunk was only missed by a few hickory shad on the teaser.

hookset
11-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Folks, these are some of the old-timers I talk about all the time......I am forever grateful for the pearls of wisdom they have shared with me over the years....they know the bites...they know the patterns....they know how to find a few fish (when there are more than a few scattered bites)......
It is a little disheartening and depressing......

As others have said....
"Ya can't catch...what ain't there"
There are plenty of fish in the middle...it's on the edges where we notice the drop, and see things more clearly.

Amen. :thumbsup: :fishing:

Just to try to add to the above and put some positivity in here, as other have asked for.....

2. Another bright spot is the amount of bass in the NY Bight area......this is a shining sea of hope, considering that many other areas are holding few fish......the chief indicator being Montauk, formerly the most formidable fish highway on the East Coast...where the Charter boats are now fishing for bottom fish instead of bass. (That's something to think about.)

Wow it's so convenient you wrote that this morning. Dark you're living on another planet, full of it!:HappyWave:
You must be living in a bubble - there are bass all over!!!!!!! Look at what I found posted on the net a few minutes ago.
The Oracle of Bass Capt Sal has spoken.

Capt Sal Curci-
"I believe our striper fishery is healthy and this run proves how many bass are around. Bass are rolling on top and are visible to the naked eye.Not only is Raritan Bay on fire but the ocean run is very good also.If there is no bait there are no stripers. It is that simple. I still believe in conservation and think it is a good thing to keep a smaller slot fish. It should be in the limit not by bonus tag. From Long Island the Hudson River to the west end of Raritan Bay to Asbury Park there are Bass."

porgy75
11-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Look at what I found posted on the net a few minutes ago.
The Oracle of Bass Capt Sal has spoken.

Capt Sal Curci-
"I believe our striper fishery is healthy and this run proves how many bass are around. Bass are rolling on top and are visible to the naked eye.Not only is Raritan Bay on fire but the ocean run is very good also.If there is no bait there are no stripers. It is that simple. I still believe in conservation and think it is a good thing to keep a smaller slot fish. It should be in the limit not by bonus tag. From Long Island the Hudson River to the west end of Raritan Bay to Asbury Park there are Bass."

I don't want to create a war here or cause spot burning trouble but that captain whoever he is must be getting paid by someone to say that. Fishing was so bad for me I asked my uncle to take me out. I fished in the shrewsbury river last night jigging shads and bucktails with my uncle on his boat. We got two short stripers on shads and that was it. The last time I checked the shrewsbury river was part of the raritan bay area on the map.
So I don't know who you are exactly or where you fish Captain Sal. We are all entitled to our opinions. In my opinion you are either a big time charter captain who has to keep talking smack to fill your boats.
Or you are talking out of your A-S-S!:2flip:

baitstealer
11-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Capt Sal Curci-
.Not only is Raritan Bay on fire but the ocean run is very good also.If there is no bait there are no stripers. It is that simple.

Add me to the skunk crew. Fished occo this morning and skunked out.

I also wanted to comment on what was said about if there is not bait there are no stripers. I had to stop fishing early to go to work this morning. As I was driving home I stopped at a few places. Saw bunker at two of them. They looked like happy bunker to me with nothing on them. Also remember back in june when there was tons of bunker up in monmouth county. Didn't see any striped bass on them either. Two situations where there is plenty of bait and no stripers. If someone can explain that please go ahead. thanks

bababooey
11-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Buy a boat. Problem solved.:p
Nice catching finchaser.

wish4fish
11-05-2015, 02:29 PM
capt sal fishes in r bay an nowhere else so he dont know those other spots. hes retired now and fishes fla where he fishes with his son so he dont even have to look for fish. when fishing is hot his son already knows about it. also he parties too much. He's getting old and his mind is clouded up. my .02 and oppinion.

wish4fish
11-05-2015, 02:31 PM
fishing report true report not sum bs from a wacked out capt. we caught sum fish in the r bay this week. lots of hours n work. night time right time. when bunker came in we had fish. stripers n big blues. when bunker not there it was skates and dogs. had a few nights wit lots o bunker and no fish at all. the end

finchaser
11-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Did boat thing again had 4 fish to 26 pounds today all released

Captain Sal is and will always be an assh ole

Blazin420
11-06-2015, 08:14 AM
got out yesterday afternoon into dark for a few hours....Fished from 330-8pm...Not a bad trip over all considering my last 2...Managed to land 3 dropped 3 and missed a bunch of hits...All the fish were 24-26in 2 on my burple teaser 1 on the 4in Mag darter...Should of had more but i was rusty since i havent got out much...My bud nailed a double header and also missed a few...Fun night for the most part just wish i could have stuck the 3 dropped a bit harder to land them...1 i dropped felt like a good sized fished..It was my fault for losing that 1...Had a guy walking behind me and didnt want to give away the fact i had a fish on..Was trying to hide it and the fish got slack on me LOL...

cowherder
11-06-2015, 08:36 AM
1 i dropped felt like a good sized fished..It was my fault for losing that 1...Had a guy walking behind me and didnt want to give away the fact i had a fish on..Was trying to hide it and the fish got slack on me LOL...

Stealth fishing. Gotta love it haha! Oops. Good move I have done the same when it's crowded. Glad to hear you got some stripers. I got 2 last night in moco. Casting a black redfin with a teaser. When I do catch fish they all seem to be in that size category. 8:30-11:30. Mine hit the teaser. Where would we be without teasers this fall?

Also congrats on the new addition to your family. May you eventually get a fishing partner out of it.

Blazin420
11-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Stealth fishing. Gotta love it haha! Oops. Good move I have done the same when it's crowded. Glad to hear you got some stripers. I got 2 last night in moco. Casting a black redfin with a teaser. When I do catch fish they all seem to be in that size category. 8:30-11:30. Mine hit the teaser. Where would we be without teasers this fall?

Also congrats on the new addition to your family. May you eventually get a fishing partner out of it.

Thanks dude!

Yeah I figure better to drop a fish then have a guy standing in my pocket lol....And like I always say I catch more on the teaser most times then my main offering....Some don't like them..But I LOVE them..And burlesque has been the way to go lately..Not just me most guys I fish with have had ALOT of luck with that color recently

buckethead
11-06-2015, 11:26 AM
For once I need to pat you folks on the back and try some encouragement. Got skunked again this morning. As dark said there seems to be a large body of bass and blues in RB. The charter boats up there are hooting and hollering. The other area seems to be Island Beach. Not much of any size coming in between and I don't feel like making the 1/2 hour drive to those areas.

I'll bet Betty and Nicks is doing gangbuster business since he started posting those videos the other day. I suspect it is a daybreak or end of day bite based on what I have seen in the past. Other wise a lot of waiting for the bunker to come close. We really could use some sandeels or peanut bunker traveling in the surf zone. One good storm could accomplish that. In the meantime I'll keep plugging away in my area and getting my exercise. The smaller bass should be all over. I find it quite strange that they are not. Shades of 1982 all over again. Good luck gents.

jigfreak
11-06-2015, 11:32 AM
As dark said there seems to be a large body of bass and blues in RB. The charter boats up there are hooting and hollering.

Like drunk idiots at a backwoods bbq finding out that it's legal to have sex with their cousin. Led by the court jester Capt Sal.

jigfreak
11-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Did boat thing again had 4 fish to 26 pounds today all released

Captain Sal is and will always be an assh ole

Agreed. Nice going on the bass. Did they any take plugs or was it all bunker?

jigfreak
11-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Fishing report fished moco last night 4 hours for one schoolie on rubber. Time to make a move south where that big body of fish is.

bababooey
11-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Like drunk idiots at a backwoods bbq finding out that it's legal to have sex with their cousin. Led by the court jester Capt Sal.

Whoa! Don't you think that's a little harsh?

fishinmission78
11-06-2015, 11:53 AM
I'll bet Betty and Nicks is doing gangbuster business since he started posting those videos the other day. I suspect it is a daybreak or end of day bite based on what I have seen in the past. Other wise a lot of waiting for the bunker to come close. We really could use some sandeels or peanut bunker traveling in the surf zone.

Spot on. I was out there this morning before daybreak. Was lucky enough to have nervous bunker in front of us. We had about 35 minutes of good action. Got 4 to 21 lbs with a yellow pencil. All bigger fish. Kept one. This was probably my best morning at the park in months. After that they slid off. It really has been sucking and is hit and miss for me. If you have a boat it's a different story. Boat guys are absolutely slaughtering them.

fishinmission78
11-06-2015, 11:55 AM
The smaller bass should be all over. I find it quite strange that they are not. Shades of 1982 all over again. Good luck gents.

My friends have been getting smaller ones in the back but not a lot. I find it strange too. There are a lot of keepers around that I'm seeing. The smaller ones have a better tolerance for hot and cold. They should of been around all summer. I read a thread here that the resident bass are no more. Would agree with that to an extent.
finchaser congrats on the bass. If you were down off of ibsp I probably saw you. A lot of boats were close to the beach, but just out of casting range.

jigfreak
11-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Whoa! Don't you think that's a little harsh?

Not in the least. He is a cartoon character. Totally living on another planet. By November every year I usually have over 150 stripers. This year I got less than half that. I fish bridges, sedges, inlets, and some great honey holes. Then some capt comes along and says stripers are all over. He must be smoking crack.
As for the backwoods comment I'm a Piney so I can say it. Confederate flag in my garage. Been to parties where guys and chicks were missing teeth. And at least once I heard a drunk dude talk about how he wanted to boff his cousin. Any more questions?:headbang:

finchaser and fnm congrats on finding em. I might be fishing further south tonight.

seamonkey
11-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Nice catches send some down to Cape May! lol thought I stumbled onto the comedy channel today instead of fishing reports. Funny stuff guys. We have our share of rednecks in the CM area as well. Vineland and Cumberland

cowherder
11-06-2015, 01:11 PM
And at least once I heard a drunk dude talk about how he wanted to boff his cousin. Any more questions?:headbang:

I don't think boffing your cousin counts to get to redneck status. In some states that's legal you can even marry your cousin. Has to be a little closer like boffing your sister- to get the trophy. Just my .02 :HappyWave:
Good going on the fishing gents. I predict this afternoon on the parkway there will be a mad rush to seaside.

VSdreams
11-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Much better today maybe it from the overcast day bad part its aimed on a sand bar

Just noticed this post and was checking out the cam today. Seems like it doesn't move around up and down the beach anymore?

SharkHart
11-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Social media is on fire like i never seen. NY Peanut bunker blitzes going off big time with gators n some bass Wild videos. Bunkies beaching themselves looks more fun then ibsp

surferman
11-06-2015, 09:39 PM
I'll bet Betty and Nicks is doing gangbuster business since he started posting those videos the other day. I suspect it is a daybreak or end of day bite based on what I have seen in the past. Other wise a lot of waiting for the bunker to come close.

Your wisdom is much appreciated sir. You called it like a pro umpire. A fishing report from yesterday at seaside.

"Just an FYI- spent the incoming and outgoing afternoon tides a Seaside and Lavellette. No fish were seen anywhere among the dozens of fishermen. Some had been there most of week throwing all sorts of lures, bunker and clam. Nothing. Lots of boats and some eruptions of bunker out far, but nothing on the beach. "

finchaser
11-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Your wisdom is much appreciated sir. You called it like a pro umpire. A fishing report from yesterday at seaside.

"Just an FYI- spent the incoming and outgoing afternoon tides a Seaside and Lavellette. No fish were seen anywhere among the dozens of fishermen. Some had been there most of week throwing all sorts of lures, bunker and clam. Nothing. Lots of boats and some eruptions of bunker out far, but nothing on the beach. "

Boats were pretty much dead we only had 2 bass in the high teens both still swimming theschool that provided good action Monday to Thursday was at the end of LBI and trucking south with the pain in the arsh bunker

buckethead
11-07-2015, 07:58 AM
Another skunk for me again this morning in moco. Not for lack of bait, just seems to be a lack of fish where I have been fishing.

buckethead
11-07-2015, 08:03 AM

Boats were pretty much dead we only had 2 bass in the high teens both still swimming theschool that provided good action Monday to Thursday was at the end of LBI and trucking south with the pain in the arsh bunker

Thank you for the kind words. Like finchaser said when the fish are on bunker they move quickly. Although Betty and Nicks is weighing in bass you will notice that many of them are caught in the hour window at sunrise or the end of the day. Other wise you have to drive up and down the beach hoping to find a bunker pod that is being attacked. It would be easier if more big blues were here to chop up the bunker. Then I believe we would have a better chance at quality fish. Just read a report by surfstix in the NY forum that there may be some bigger blues. Would be nice to see them on our beaches for a short while.
Fishingmission and finchaser nice going on the stripers. Nice releases as well.

fishjay
11-07-2015, 11:07 AM
the OFFC fished OC last nite with the same results. SKUNK

cowherder
11-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Skunk for me too last night in MC. Please someone come along and sweep these skunks out of our paths!:skunk:

finchaser
11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Did the boat thing Bass and bunker are getting scarcer and scarcer even the troll suc_ked today managed 1 fish in 12 hours 38#

hookedonbass
11-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Hit a few spots last nite in moco. Ended up near an inlet where I got one striper 25" and a few hickory shad on the teaser. All hit the teaser. 7-11:30pm. Outgoing and some of incoming. most of the guys I ran into talked about catching one or none. The only decent spot seemed to be that inlet. Maybe because some squid are around?
Finchaser that is a big fat striper nice work. You said the bass and bunker are getting scarcer. Do you think they have moved on already?

surferman
11-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Check this epic battle out guys! A young kid got a 41lb striper. Congrats little man great job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNI-cOrs4M8

baitstealer
11-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Man that is a catch of a lifetime congrats Sam!
Fished nomoco yesterday from late afternoon till sunset. About 1 hour before we lost the light there were some peanut bunker swimming minding their own business. Stripers came in and started crashing them. Got 3 on the storm shads and it was over. Happy to have them it was fun. Would like to see some big bluefish, the ones I am hearing about. Felt great to be out there without not too much clothes on.

finchaser
11-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Hit a few spots last nite in moco. Ended up near an inlet where I got one striper 25" and a few hickory shad on the teaser. All hit the teaser. 7-11:30pm. Outgoing and some of incoming. most of the guys I ran into talked about catching one or none. The only decent spot seemed to be that inlet. Maybe because some squid are around?
Finchaser that is a big fat striper nice work. You said the bass and bunker are getting scarcer. Do you think they have moved on already?

Had them at Bayhead Monday and off LBI Saturday with just a few caught off Mantoloking looks that way

Thursday and Friday Grumpy's had numerous weigh ins lots of guys out . Saturday 2 and today none

porgy75
11-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Interesting that you should mention that.Betty & Nick's report is telling everyone to run and get out there right now. They only had two video weigh ins yesterday. Maybe the stripers really did move way far south.

Blazin420
11-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Had a decent night fished from late afternoon thru dark..Managed 4 with 1 that was close at 27.5in...White/red 4in mag got 2, my olive/white teaser grabbed 1 in the wash and the 27.5 crushed a burple SP that I snagged and lost on the next cast! Dropped 2 and missed a few hits...All in all a decent night..... Nice job baitstealer!! And that video with the kid is awesome! Congrats to them!

fishinmission78
11-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Thursday and Friday Grumpy's had numerous weigh ins lots of guys out . Saturday 2 and today none

Those damn fish moved too quick. I hate bunker. Fished the park today from 5-7am with lures. Skunk for me. Saw one possibly teen fish pulled in on bunker. Lots of guys out not much going on where I was.

fishinmission78
11-08-2015, 12:31 PM
The guys this morning were talking about Sam Adams and his fish. Helluva fish there and congratulations. Well-deserved.

VSdreams
11-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Fished nomoco sunrise to 11. Nothing much happening, just standing around bsing with the other fishermen. Then like an invasion of bomber pilots these giant blues came in and started eating the bait. Switched over to pencil popper and got 7 to 35 inches. Released them all. It was a lot fun considering the slim pickings I had been seeing.

SharkHart
11-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Alright men, there is peanuts nearly all of moco, I had blues and thought i could get bass after dark but no, if there isnt a big shot of bass in next 2 days on this its just sad

fishinmission78
11-09-2015, 10:02 AM
Nice shot of that bait sharkhart. I would have thought big fish would be crashing that too. It is very hit and miss this year. Fished the park from 6-7:30 this morning. Had limited time had to get to work. Got the big goose egg.

baitstealer
11-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Well I would have liked to get fish 2 times in a row but thats wishful thinking. Went out to moco yesterday right before dark. I heard so many ppl say "you should have been here earlier dude!" I guess thats how it goes. Got the skunk. Nice sunset. Congrats to all you guys who did score. Great news on the gators. I hope they stay.

robmedina
11-09-2015, 03:00 PM
I tip my hat to you guys. I know some maybe retired , some may have great benefactors and yet others may sacrifice it all to feel the tug on the line. I for one am ending my season. I love fishing but I have been obsessing over these fish for long enough. Someone once said ? I would rather be lucky than good", I am not sure I agree but if I can't be good I would certainly settle for lucky. Luck has never been a friend of mine. I used to say "If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" But that merely isn't true. I am not unlucky, nor lucky, I am middle of the road, vanilla flavor, luke warm and I guess that's ok. So to that, I will get good sleep. Spend time with my family. Work on my diet and try to beat what ails me. To you fine gentlemen. Carry on, fight the good fight. See you in the Spring when the blue come in bay to play.

finchaser
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Bass and bunker are gone chased by big bluefish ( 12 to 20 pounds) everywhere from Mantoloking to Island beach from the beach to 3 miles out.

We caught them on bunker, snag a bunker couldn't get it to the boat. After bunker left they attacked peanuts with a vengeance threw jigs and poppers caught them till we couldn't do it anymore so we headed to the barn

They were beaching themselves

North of Mantoloking was a dead sea all the way back to the inlet

captnemo
11-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Boat report. Fished raritan bay today and had some great marks but they were all blues. Jigged a bunch from 10-17lbs on spoons and heavy bucktails. I heard some chatter of bass being caught but we didn't see any. Still a fun day for so far into novemnber.

captnemo
11-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Bass and bunker are gone chased by big bluefish ( 12 to 20 pounds) everywhere from Mantoloking to Island beach from the beach to 3 miles out.

I heard that on the radio. Everyone is looking for stripers and they have been pushed out by these ravenous bluefish. We were going to run to the shrewsbury rocks today. It would have been a waste of gas.

A report I read today said the same thing you are saying-
"While some web sites and newspapers suggest that the fall run of striped bass has started from Sandy Hook to Beach Haven, you couldn't prove this based on the dozens of boats off Asbury Park today. From what I can tell, it was bluefish-bluefish-bluefish. In fact, I did not see a single fish of any type caught being caught by the private boats trolling or jigging in the area. Most fish I saw caught were by party boats fishing the area. Some of these boats were railed. The most effective technique for these jumbo bluefish was to toss out your Ava jig, lifting it off the bottom, and then letting it drop to the bottom."

lostatsea
11-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the reports. At least we can have some fun with them until they leave. Anyone have any idea if they will stick around after the storm today and tomorrow? I'm stuck at work and living vicariously through these reports till the end of the week.

fishinmission78
11-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Fished the park for a half hour this morning at 6am. Wind was pretty bad. Could barely get casts out. Went with the heavy metal. Picked up 2 stripes to 31". I think the wind has gotten worse since then. Just checked one of the wind sites and it says 30mph gusts. It was at least 20 when I was out there. Be careful if you do go out.

fishjay
11-10-2015, 08:09 AM
The OFFC finally broke the skunk with big blues on poppers in OC yesterday. Sure felt good to have the pole bent.

cowherder
11-10-2015, 08:12 AM
Way to go! Good to finally get some momentum going on these reports. Fishing mission you are hardcore! I looked at the surf cams and it looks brutal. Also great news on the big blues, guys. They have been sorely missed!

porgy75
11-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Nice going gents. I fished moco yesterday from 5 to 6 and got the skunk. I am hoping its still good after the noreaster. fingers crossed.

storminsteve
11-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Did the boat thing Bass and bunker are getting scarcer and scarcer even the troll suc_ked today managed 1 fish in 12 hours 38#

Nice striper! On the troll or livelining bunker?

cowherder
11-10-2015, 10:33 AM
I tip my hat to you guys. I know some maybe retired , some may have great benefactors and yet others may sacrifice it all to feel the tug on the line. I for one am ending my season. I love fishing but I have been obsessing over these fish for long enough. Someone once said ? I would rather be lucky than good", I am not sure I agree but if I can't be good I would certainly settle for lucky. Luck has never been a friend of mine. I used to say "If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" But that merely isn't true. I am not unlucky, nor lucky, I am middle of the road, vanilla flavor, luke warm and I guess that's ok. So to that, I will get good sleep. Spend time with my family. Work on my diet and try to beat what ails me. To you fine gentlemen. Carry on, fight the good fight. See you in the Spring when the blue come in bay to play.

Always a good move to spend time with your family. Sorry to see you packing it in tho. When I first came here and tried to learn fishing with lures it was tough. Then I got better and started to catch. Had a few great nights, bass and blues mixed in. I don't remember how great the fishing was that you guys had because frankly I haven't been fishing that many years. It seems to me that the fishing is very inconsistent. One day they're here the next day they're gone. We are definitely on a down cycle. Still, I have been catching some fish. More often than not I don't catch. It is disappointing.
I have to say I enjoyed your kayak reports. Hope you get your honey do list done and hope to see you fishing in the spring!

cowherder
11-10-2015, 10:34 AM
^^^ Also finchaser thats a very nice striper. Congrats.

bababooey
11-10-2015, 11:56 AM
x2 - very nice striper finchaser. Be careful out there today fellas the surfchex surf cam had a peak wind gust of 51 mph at 8 a.m. at squan inlet.

finchaser
11-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Nice striper! On the troll or livelining bunker?

Pencil popper

DarkSkies
11-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Always a good move to spend time with your family. Sorry to see you packing it in tho.

I agree.

I tip my hat to you guys. I know some maybe retired , some may have great benefactors and yet others may sacrifice it all to feel the tug on the line. I for one am ending my season. I love fishing but I have been obsessing over these fish for long enough.

Someone once said "I would rather be lucky than good", I am not sure I agree but if I can't be good I would certainly settle for lucky. Luck has never been a friend of mine. I used to say "If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" But that merely isn't true.

I am not unlucky, nor lucky, I am middle of the road, vanilla flavor, luke warm and I guess that's ok.

So to that, I will get good sleep. Spend time with my family. Work on my diet and try to beat what ails me. To you fine gentlemen. Carry on, fight the good fight. See you in the Spring when the blue come in bay to play.

I don't know if that's entirely true, Rob.....
1. Some of the success you have had in life is not based on your education, but your true nature as a go-getter. I've been impressed with some of the stories you have shared.
2. Family is more important, and always should be. I have missed some key bites in the past because of family issues. A responsible adult will know when their family needs them, and it's time to put fishing on the back burner.
Some of the greatest fishermen out there have that success because they sacrifice family time for fishing. That doesn't always end well.

Your exploits at cheating death are legendary.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?8090-I-win-the-googan-of-the-year-award
I remember some others you shared that were not in the thread above......
truck hit by lightning, etc.
I think you have lived an extraordinary life...... far from middle of of the road. Just my opinion of course. :)

Good luck with the diet and your health.
Best wishes, and you know you can text anytime.
Less chance of burning up our cell phone batteries. :laugh: :HappyWave:

fishinmission78
11-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Non-fishing report. I got up to go fishing this morning before work and decided to take the extra hour sleep thinking it would be chocolate milk and unfishable. Apparently there are still some fish according to B&N, if you believe what he's saying. Those are the days you kick yourself for not going. It has to be the one area that is protected from the wind. when it's chocolate milk most of the water is unfishable. Tight lines fellas may try tomorrow.

hookset
11-11-2015, 10:41 AM
decided to take the extra hour sleep thinking it would be chocolate milk and unfishable. Apparently there are still some fish according to B&N, if you believe what he's saying.

You have to take the guy with a grain of salt
This mornings betty/nicks report-
UPDATED 8:26 AM Scott Tarnoski on our Facebook page reports as of 38 minutes ago, "Dirty water is not stopping the bite. Non stop catchin and releasing 30"ers."

Scott Tarnoski from HIS facebook-
"It was a perfect set up till the dirty water rolled in. Still catching them but a slow pick."

I didn't see the "non stop catching and releasing 30"ers" comment on his facebook page. Sounds to me like someone is exaggerating just a bit. It really is hard to figure out the truth. Another comment he makes is "ALL 32 lbs" with 3 fish pics. So he caught 3 different fish, each weighing 32 lbs? How unlikely is that. Why wasn't one of them weighed in? Did he catch them today or yesterday before the rain. A little suspect. my .02

plugcrazy
11-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Nice reports gents. Thanks for the water quality reports as well. Hoping to get out later this week.

jigfreak
11-11-2015, 01:35 PM
"ALL 32 lbs" with 3 fish pics. So he caught 3 different fish, each weighing 32 lbs? How unlikely is that. Why wasn't one of them weighed in? Did he catch them today or yesterday before the rain. A little suspect. my .02

Yesterday's fish were all monsters.
yesterday's fish where trophies and the fishing was epic.
come on man that's the first rule you learn about fishing reports lolz.
yesterday's fish were always bigger than anything you will see today.

SharkHart
11-11-2015, 06:50 PM
The B&N circles will remember these last 10 days of epic bass fishing next year but i suspect a low percent of landings verses anglers in the park.

These NE fronts usually put bass in The Back in certain areas for a few days, and sometimes nice ones, hope to check it out soon.

hookedonbass
11-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Good point. You have 2oo guys in the park fishing. 5 weigh iins, or even 10. Is that a hot bite?:don't know why:
Thanks for the honesty guys.

seamonkey
11-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Hit an inlet CM yesterday. Great overcast conditions. Tried bucktail and shads. No love.

buckethead
11-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Moco this am, nothing but the skunk. The water is not that bad. In some areas there is a 50 yard layer of foamy water. Other areas are much clearer. Should be cleaned up nicely with the NW wind coming and within the next 2 tide changes. Good luck out there. Great Fall conditions but unfortunately not too many fish in my area right now.

basshunter
11-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Always love the way you get out and report the good times and skunks as well buckethead. Hope for better conditions going forward for you.
Finally got a few fish yesterday in moco. There were some peanut bunker getting attacked. Tried a big swimmer and no dice. finally got a handful of small stripers when I switched to small rattle trap. Nothing bigger than 24" but still some fun.

J Barbosa
11-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Been fishing the surf all alone (just a friend or two) and having a lot of fun recently.

The count for the past 6 days is 1 over 40lbs, 4 over 30lbs, and way too many to count in the 20# class and of course those pesky 10-20lbs fish. :)

Been chunking around the bunker schools. Some nights plugs work other nights you don't get a sniff despite seeing them take bunker on the surface. Pencil popper has been my hot plug (yes, I pencil popped at night).

Yesterday decided to change it up and go looking for the angry 20# bluefish everyone is talking about. After about a dozen stops (all failures) getting ready to go home when I see birds working peanut bunker. Turned into 3-4 hours of mayhem and chasing schoolie stripers up and down the _____ (insert your choice...breachway, river, pond, beach, pier...lol). At first we were the only guys in the area, by the end of the day half of NJ was there.

All I saw caught were shorts....I managed to pull one fat fish @ 43" in the high 30# class range.

J Barbosa
11-12-2015, 03:58 PM

That sucks this is the best part of our very short run.

Lets go kayaking this Sunday. My skunk-o-meter is very low right now.

cowherder
11-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Wow those 40 and 30 pounders were in jersey? Don't mean to doubt your catches but if true it seems like you have been crushing it with the filet ming yong and the rest of us are eating hamburgers from white castle. Congrats!:clapping:

porgy75
11-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Holy moly that is some record of catching! If I could ask did you get them mostly on bait or artificials? And congratulations.

Monty
11-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Wow those 40 and 30 pounders were in jersey? Don't mean to doubt your catches but if true it seems like you have been crushing it with the filet ming yong and the rest of us are eating hamburgers from white castle. Congrats!:clapping:
Never doubt JB.
You nailed it, he has been on the filet ming yong big time.
Congrats JB!!

fishrich
11-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Two of us plugged the dropping tide and some of the incoming tide in OC. Water looked pretty good, but we came up empty. Only saw one short caught on bait. Checked a couple spots on the way home and saw no signs of life.

baitstealer
11-13-2015, 07:04 AM
Same for me too. Fished moco last night. Nice surf with some waves and breaks, water seemed not that bad. El skunko! Where are the stripers that are supposed to be all along the shore according to the reports?

hookedonbass
11-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Two of us plugged the dropping tide and some of the incoming tide in OC. Water looked pretty good, but we came up empty. Only saw one short caught on bait. Checked a couple spots on the way home and saw no signs of life.

I read the reports on betty and nicks. Went down after work yesterday hoping to get in on some of it. Walked on to a street above the park and walked up and down fishing the cuts. Must of covered 3 miles total from 5:30-9pm. Part of that time was the outgoing tide which he keeps saying they are crushing them on. Casted bucktails, poppers, shads, and sps. Not one fish for me. Either I must be the worlds suckiest fisherman or it's all about the bunker blitzes and the reports are just a little exaggerated. Will try again this weekend. Hope you guys have better luck than me.

hookedonbass
11-13-2015, 08:16 AM
Been fishing the surf all alone (just a friend or two) and having a lot of fun recently.

The count for the past 6 days is 1 over 40lbs, 4 over 30lbs, and way too many to count in the 20# class and of course those pesky 10-20lbs fish. :)

Been chunking around the bunker schools. Some nights plugs work other nights you don't get a sniff despite seeing them take bunker on the surface. Pencil popper has been my hot plug (yes, I pencil popped at night).

Yesterday decided to change it up and go looking for the angry 20# bluefish everyone is talking about. After about a dozen stops (all failures) getting ready to go home when I see birds working peanut bunker. Turned into 3-4 hours of mayhem and chasing schoolie stripers up and down the _____ (insert your choice...breachway, river, pond, beach, pier...lol). At first we were the only guys in the area, by the end of the day half of NJ was there.

All I saw caught were shorts....I managed to pull one fat fish @ 43" in the high 30# class range.

Either you are the best fisherman out there or the luckiest. All these catches involve bunker blitzes? I fished right at the beginning of island beach last night for 3 1/2 hours and nothing. I'm thinking you have to be there when the bunker are blitzing or heavily stacked. Not looking to attack you just seeing that it is like rolling the dice and kind of bummed that I walked so much yesterday and caught nothing. Trying to figure it out a little better.

Kudos to you on your success man. You seem real dialed in. That is some great catching there.:thumbsup:

7deadlyplugs
11-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Been getting blanked in LI the last 2 outings so I figured a trip to jersey would be a good change. I was visiting family and fished Ocean County NJ last night. Bucktails and shads. A little windy which I thought would be good. Total zip for me as well.

jigfreak
11-13-2015, 08:37 AM
or it's all about the bunker blitzes and the reports are just a little exaggerated. Will try again this weekend. Hope you guys have better luck than me.

A little of both. A B&T can't get guys out there unless they are bailing fish all over the place. You have to exaggerate. Then you will finally have 300 guys fishing and 20 will catch. You are working on a 5-10% success rate.

fishinmission78
11-13-2015, 08:42 AM
All that bait in the water is like a chum line, and it does bring fish in. I have seen it happen.

fishinmission78
11-13-2015, 08:45 AM
Been getting blanked in LI the last 2 outings so I figured a trip to jersey would be a good change. I was visiting family and fished Ocean County NJ last night. Bucktails and shads. A little windy which I thought would be good. Total zip for me as well.

Its back to a meat game. Try a bunker head next time.

basshunter
11-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Maybe as you said, it is a meat game with the bunker around. Maybe the sandeels are here as well so that might change it up a bit. I just spend a frustrating few hours in OC. Started sunrise and fished 2 plus hours. Nothing for me or the other guys around. The surf is definitely fishable and pretty clean. just before I left a few others and I watched a line of birds crashing into the water. This went on for a good mile along the surf. They were all about 150 yards out. Just a little out of casting range. I don't know what they were diving on maybe rainfish or sandeels. Would love for it to be sandeels thats for sure.

surferman
11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Fished CM this morning. Beautiful sun in the sky. Beautiful beach. That is all.:banghead2:

buckethead
11-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Sorry no reports for a while. I have been fishing but not much to report. This morning was more of the same. As mentioned the surf has cleaned up a lot in some places. Little dirty in others but by this afternoon with the hard NW it will be good all over. It's very fishable out there. Very nice water. Just not much in the way of fish. The last big body of bunker that I read about off island beach and lbi may have taken most of the big stripers with it. Hoping for a few stragglers. May give it another try this afternoon.

jbarbose nice going on the catches.

SharkHart
11-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Thursday night skunk for me. Front and back in o co. Places that used to be 80 perc on certains tides in nov have plumeted to zero. Its eating me up people are saying great fall, there is virtually no fish under 32". No shorts. Just bunker fish. Which makes a WOW online and is clouding the overall picture

VSdreams
11-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Agreed. I fished moco from 5 to 8AM today. Thought for sure I would get something in the dark. Nothing. Then at first light I started working a pencil popper. Nothing. Where are all those giant blues they were talking about online. Then once it got light out worked a bucktail, poppers, vision eel, and shads. Nothing. Moved a few places and tried to change things. Nothing. Talked to a few guys out there and they said the same. Nothing.

The only rays of brightness was some shared their "friends" had been catching some stripers at X beach last week, or the week before, or 2 days ago. If X beach was so good why isn't everyone fishing there? Seems to me that most of the fishing this fall is finding blitzes. If you don't have all day to do that you are **it out of luck.
That being said I will try again soon. Hey its the Fall Run what else are we going to do rake leaves?:kooky:

fishinmission78
11-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Thursday night skunk for me. Front and back in o co. Places that used to be 80 perc on certains tides in nov have plumeted to zero. Its eating me up people are saying great fall, there is virtually no fish under 32". No shorts. Just bunker fish. Which makes a WOW online and is clouding the overall picture

This statement is spot on 100%.
I have places on the sedges at night that were a guaranteed lock for a few stripers or weakfish. They are dead. Been striking out. Then you go on facebook and see new guy after new guy talking about epic fishing and they are having the best fall run ever.

Look at the ages of these guys and in most cases they're in their 30s or under. They been fishing for 5 years or less. They just don't know. Throw in one 30lb bass that they catch and it's their greatest season ever. Yeah, when you been fishing 5 years or less with post-Sandy fishing included in one of those years it's obvious that's why they say that. Not hating on anyone. Merely wanted to point out that if you are fishing from the surf, and not a boat or chasing bunker somewhere, and you think it's epic for the fall 2015 you are a definite newbie.

buckethead
11-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Good points there fnm and sharkhart. I am not that internet savvy but have nephews and nieces that are all over social media. Between facebook and those new things twitter and the vines, I don't know how they manage it and find time to study. That seems to be heavily populated by groups in the 17-25 year old range. The point you make about them not having the depth of fishing experience is a good one. People have offered me congratulations on a 10lb fish. Don't see where a fish that small is worth congratulating someone.

Fishing results for me are a fraction of what they used to be. Don't know how someone who has experience would not see that.

clamchucker
11-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Could be different times, different perceptions. They cannot miss the great fishing that they never experienced. I think that's one of the reasons why it's hard to get some folks involved in fighting for these access and fishing issues. A lot of them don't have the memories that we do.

plugcrazy
11-13-2015, 11:25 AM
"When life gives you lemons learn how to make lemonade" Appreciate hearing some of the old time fishing memories here. Have nowhere near as much stories as some of you. Do try to get out when I can and have trouble balancing away time and family time. Glad to hear any reports at all guys, it gives me hope! Thanks
My report, fished monmouth county last night. Darkness of new moon, very promising - wait for it- got the skunk!:wheeeee:
Look forward to the reports here when I don't catch. Tight lines gentlemen.

J Barbosa
11-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Either you are the best fisherman out there or the luckiest. All these catches involve bunker blitzes? I fished right at the beginning of island beach last night for 3 1/2 hours and nothing. I'm thinking you have to be there when the bunker are blitzing or heavily stacked. Not looking to attack you just seeing that it is like rolling the dice and kind of bummed that I walked so much yesterday and caught nothing. Trying to figure it out a little better.

Kudos to you on your success man. You seem real dialed in. That is some great catching there.:thumbsup:

Some nights have been bunker blitzes, other nights just chunking around the bunker, other nights pencil popping/plugging around the bunker.

I am definitely in the "luckiest" category this week. I am trying hard to break my PB and have come within a few pounds several times this week.

Should have been with me on Wednesday. I fished a different spot looking for bluefish and instead ran into hundreds of schoolie sized bass chasing down schools of peanut bunker.

J Barbosa
11-13-2015, 01:54 PM
Chunked bunker again last night...1am to 7am

Landed 8 keeper sized bass with the biggest being about 22#s....average was somewhere around 15#s all from land again.

I haven't been out on the boat in what feels like forever! This wind never stops blowing this time of year. http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nervous.gif

Blazin420
11-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Chunked bunker again last night...1am to 7am

Landed 8 keeper sized bass with the biggest being about 22#s....average was somewhere around 15#s all from land again.

I haven't been out on the boat in what feels like forever! This wind never stops blowing this time of year. http://www.stripersurf.com/images/smilies/nervous.gif

JB is a top notch fisherman guy always finds a few and he is DAMN lucky hahaha...I saw the pics beautiful fish he is catching and he deserves it puts ALOT of time!! Good for you Buddy....

BTW I'll be selling JB location to the highest bidder..Or contact me at 1800SPOTBURN....HAHA

Just kidding John!! Haven't been out in a few but my bud did get into a nice night time bite couple days ago..I planned on being there with him knowing it would be good but had to tend to the Lil guy.....My report got peed on 3 times and got no sleep...

cowherder
11-13-2015, 02:19 PM
BTW I'll be selling JB location to the highest bidder..Or contact me at 1800SPOTBURN....HAHA

I bid $50! Any higher bidders?:dribble:
Just kidding too. JB congrats! Lots of us missing the bites lately so maybe we're a little testy. Really want to congratulate you though. Seems like you are putting in your time. Question, are you fishing anywhere near the fabled finchaser pond?

cowherder
11-13-2015, 02:21 PM
btw here's my unimpressive fishing report. Fished moco last night, got goose eggs.

bababooey
11-13-2015, 04:47 PM
You gents are cheap. Selling a spot should be approached like an auction of quality goods. Offer 100 to start. I'll throw in a bottle of Crown Royal or Johnnie Walker Black to sweeten the deal. Finchaser pond location should be worth at least a few hundred on the open market.;)
pssst, a little neighborhood birdie knows someone working in a tackle shop near seaside who told him on the QT the big stripers have jetted south with the bunker. Whats left are the stragglers. Might be time for some of you to hit LBI. Theres a big tourney going on there now. Some cows weighed in. hint, hint

seamonkey
11-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Some free advice. Learned this long ago when the stripers hit CM in the spring.

fishinmission78
11-13-2015, 11:43 PM
the big stripers have jetted south with the bunker. Whats left are the stragglers. Might be time for some of you to hit LBI. Theres a big tourney going on there now. Some cows weighed in. hint, hint

B&N weighed in one bass today, Grumpys weighed in 2.You might be right. After weighing in quite a few each day all week. All while a few hundred guys were out there fishing. The fall run definitely was not in effect in ocean county today.

jsarosi
11-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Fished the Hook down to S. Bright yesterday morning and no signs of life.

finchaser
11-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Ocean county fished stayed just out of casting range of beach saw one caught so did the boat thing had 3 fish 29# ,25# and 23# all released to fight another day

finchaser
11-14-2015, 04:30 PM
I bid $50! Any higher bidders?:dribble:
Just kidding too. JB congrats! Lots of us missing the bites lately so maybe we're a little testy. Really want to congratulate you though. Seems like you are putting in your time. Question, are you fishing anywhere near the fabled finchaser pond?

I know where he's fishing for $25 I'll tell ya:laugh:

basshunter
11-14-2015, 07:49 PM
fished in moco Got skunk.
going back out again in another half hour.

storminsteve
11-15-2015, 10:13 AM
:skunk:Same for me in Monmouth county. Worked most of the outgoing. A few different stops. Man it was the epitome of perfect fall fishing. Cool crisp and clean as a certain tackle shop owner likes to say.
BTW does anyone have the results of the hrfa tourney yesterday. At least 300 guys in Island Beach. They should of crushed it with all those guys out there? I hope someone killed it last night.

finchaser
11-15-2015, 11:29 AM
:skunk:Same for me in Monmouth county. Worked most of the outgoing. A few different stops. Man it was the epitome of perfect fall fishing. Cool crisp and clean as a certain tackle shop owner likes to say.
BTW does anyone have the results of the hrfa tourney yesterday. At least 300 guys in Island Beach. They should of crushed it with all those guys out there? I hope someone killed it last night.

They didn't Grumpy's only had 2 weigh in's action was in southern Monmouth and ocean first light (6 to 8) had 7 fish 22 to 26 inch on SP minnow night bite pretty much dead

2 PM update Just came back same area had 5 more on poppers peanuts all over the place

fishrich
11-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Fished OC with the OFFC 2 P.M. till dark. Had good action with bass up to 28". Lots of peanut bunker swimming by. Poppers caught most of the fish, except for a couple caught on a kastmaster metal and an sp minnow. Caught fish from the sandbar and from the beach on a long cast. As soon as it got dark the fish vacated the area.

SharkHart
11-15-2015, 09:42 PM
6 or 7 for me, they were picky where i was and moving fast i didnt realize the bite was so widespread until tonight, wasted time watching the crappy eagles didnt have time to look around much after that mess of a game

fishinmission78
11-16-2015, 07:28 AM
I had some friends who did well mid afternoon so I drove to the water. Seemed as sharkhart said they were hitting in a few places. The peanuts prob had a lot to do with that. Caught a handful of shorts. Some with shads, then with black sps once it started to get dark.

fishinmission78
11-16-2015, 07:32 AM
Cool crisp and clean as a certain tackle shop owner likes to say.

They didn't Grumpy's only had 2 weigh in's action was in southern Monmouth and ocean first light (6 to 8) had 7 fish 22 to 26 inch on SP minnow night bite pretty much dead

2 PM update Just came back same area had 5 more on poppers peanuts all over the place

I agree. Looks like b&n only had 3 weigh ins. grumpys had more but I heard most were from boats. so they probably had only 2 or 3 weigh ins from the surf.
Things got better in the afternoon. Overall though I would say the HRFA tourney was not that successful in terms of keepers caught. They were dealt a poor hand yesterday.

seamonkey
11-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Nice going guys please send some down our way. Fished CM last night from 4-7pm. Beautiful sunset, no fish.

baitstealer
11-16-2015, 08:02 AM
Thats some good news hope to get out this week. I was getting a little tired of the skunk! Been following me home lately. Thanks for the info.

SharkHart
11-16-2015, 09:09 AM
A lot of ibsp crew their god at the tackle shop told them they needed hard NE " bass water". To get things going. WelL if u seen some of the videos. Flat ocean wasnt too bad. These fish moved into town on the tail of that hard nw saturday. Unfortunately that hard NE tuesday sent the blues offshore. IF they come back into all these peanuts mixing with the bass. Ohh man. Could get wild

hookset
11-16-2015, 12:34 PM
A lot of ibsp crew their god at the tackle shop told them they needed hard NE " bass water". To get things going. WelL if u seen some of the videos. Flat ocean wasnt too bad. These fish moved into town on the tail of that hard nw saturday. Unfortunately that hard NE tuesday sent the blues offshore. IF they come back into all these peanuts mixing with the bass. Ohh man. Could get wild

Totally agree bass water is for internet fishermen. Funny thing if you go back and see who was talking about basswater and crushing fish in noreasters a few years ago they are strangely silent about that now.

hookset
11-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Finally got into some fish. Yesterday afternoon took a ride and found peanuts in a few places out front. Caught fish at about half of the places I went to. Pure stripers as sharkhart said no blues. Managed bakers dozen to 12# all released. Most were small only one was a keeper but lotto fun. Pencil poppers, shads, mag d, and bucktail all produced.

surferman
11-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Good job and thanks for saving some for us. Have been reading report after report on fb about how they are slaughtering stripers. jmo but if you get one 40lb striper that should be enough. The limit.

buckethead
11-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Fished a little north of where I usually go. Managed 4 shorts in the dark this AM with a black redfin, slow retrieve.

buckethead
11-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Good job and thanks for saving some for us. Have been reading report after report on fb about how they are slaughtering stripers. jmo but if you get one 40lb striper that should be enough. The limit.

Yes I have seen the decline once and fear that is what we are seeing again. I haven't seen fish in my location in over a week. Highly concentrated in other areas. Very similar to pre moratorium conditions. When you read the reports you realize they are in a fever pitch to fill the boats and catch and keep as many as possible. Several boats are touting bonus limits and tags. It is like Babel before Sodom and Gomorrah. Folks don't seem to realize the supply of striped bass is finite. It is not never ending.

Blazin420
11-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....Hope to try and get out somewhere tomorrow afternoon for a bit..My time is limited so I'll probably go to my usual spot and hope for that suicidal schoolie to save me from a skunk...Don't have time to run and gun all over the place and not really my style.

fishinmission78
11-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Well done gents and well said.

I agree with blazin. "Best fall run ever"? Ni**a please!:rolleyes:
Comparing it to Sandy in 2013, sure it is. Comparing it to the great runs in the late 80's and 90's, no way. This could end tomorrow. It all depends on whats coming down from those places past montauk. Get out there and fish boys. It will be wet and snowy soon.

fishinmission78
11-16-2015, 03:56 PM
Not to hijack, I do have a report. Fished the park this morning. Only had an hour, tide wasn't that great.
Got blanked. Heard they did better this afternoon. Hate these peanut bunker and bunker blitzes. Sandeels are much more relaible.

finchaser
11-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Today 21/2 miles off seaside 65 feet of water released 5 bass to 25 pounds all live lined on circle hooks

hookedonbass
11-17-2015, 07:26 AM
Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!" Lots of peanut bunkers are around. Finally got one 24 incher right at dusk on a spook. Tight lines gents. Hope the weather coming in doesn't mess that up.

hookedonbass
11-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Today 21/2 miles off seaside 65 feet of water released 5 bass to 25 pounds all live lined on circle hooks

Nice going. I saw one pic of a party boat where they advertised bass slaughter. Do you think some of these guys are fishing over the 3 mile limit? If so where is the coast guard?

VSdreams
11-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Congrats to the guys who caught. I fished last night. Somoco 7-10:30. Calm flat water and no fish. Threw a bt, shad, sp minnow, and metal lip, and black bomber. Kept switching it up. Either that great fishing everyone was talking about turned off at dark or I suck.

baitstealer
11-17-2015, 08:11 AM
Fished moco yesterday for 2 hours till dark. Got a lot of that "you just missed em buddy they were here today!" Lots of peanut bunkers are around. Finally got one 24 incher right at dusk on a spook. Tight lines gents. Hope the weather coming in doesn't mess that up.

Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.

baitstealer
11-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Nice going to all u guys who found them! I haven't been out just reading reports and it's crazy to me how some are saying "the best fall run ever" and "the bass pop is strong".....Maybe the best run for some on a personal level but not as a general statement...Way to spotty and WAYYYY to many guys fishing opposed to catching...I saw some pics of the boats lined up in OC..it was INSANE how many there were!! The bunker schools and puts have been hold fish and some good ones but if ya don't find the schools seems your SOL!!....

Thats what I was hearing. Got skunked last night. Did hear of some nice blues and a few stripers mixed in until the boats came and ruined it.

dogfish
11-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Hah I got that too. Tried several places in moco. At one they were saying they got blues and some stripers and catching good. Then some guy named capt ron in his huge boat came and mugged them. Isn't that weird a boat mugging the surf guys rofl.

Captain Ron is in town? You folks should be honored.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alNxLjCBJc

plugcrazy
11-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Fished nomoco this morning for a little before and after sunrise. Windy and could only get a bucktail out and later an a27. Picked up one little striper on the bucktail.

surferman
11-18-2015, 09:59 AM
CM last night. Thought the east wind would have brought some fish into the back. Nothing.

seamonkey
11-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the report SM. They're starting to get some bass in atlantic county. Another week and we might have some, would be awesome.

plugcrazy
11-19-2015, 10:54 AM
haha love that capt ron reference wild movie. Dropped a striper or blue last nite on a bucktail. Had for a sec. Should have set the hook better. Water wasnt' that bad. Fished from 6-9. He hit a bt/ and pork right around low tide.

hookset
11-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the water conditions report. I agree it didn't look that terrible. Fished SoMo around first light today. Water seemed ok good oxygen filled waves and very fishy. No fish for me. Buckethead have you been fishing? Havent seen your water conditions report in a few days. Hope you're ok.

J Barbosa
11-19-2015, 04:05 PM
That sucks this is the best part of our very short run.

Lets go kayaking this Sunday. My skunk-o-meter is very low right now.

We should have gone. Dead flat surf, moderate west wind. A lot of nice sized fish were caught on Sunday. :(

buckethead
11-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Fished moco twice yesterday. Skunked both times. It's been low water when I got out and I probably should have adjusted. As others said the water was pretty clean. Just checked it an hour ago and it's not really fishable right now unless you can find a lee from the S/SE winds. Straight 20mph with stronger gusts.

buckethead
11-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Gave it a later start this morning to find a better spot in the tide. Fished 10-12. Still nothing for me. Didn't see much life or birdplay where I fished. Water cleaned up a bit but there is still some big dirty surf. Further out it is flat and should be cleaned up by the next tide cycle. Wind has shifted to straight West.

fishrich
11-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Three of us fished MOCO and OC noon till dark. Caught the skunk in both counties. Our last stop in OC neither of us had a hit even though we saw enough shad jumping to indicate the presence of small bait. Saw nothing when we were up north except six party boats close together about a mile off Sandy Hook.

cowherder
11-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Me too fished nomoco this morning. Great weather but the wind was from the north I don't remember doing that well on a north wind. No stripers, a few hickory on the teaser. I see the skunk is running rampant here! Someone please find a fish soon I'm thinking about scuba gear and a harpoon next.:headbang:

SharkHart
11-21-2015, 03:29 PM
How do we say this? Beautiful white water lol the East winds cleared out the beaches there were guys all over last weekend now it looked like offseason, Luckily I had a plan B in the Bay, had a decent bite going amazing I got any cause i couldn't feel anything in the stiff cross wind, but they were hitting with authority.

cowherder
11-22-2015, 06:37 AM
had a decent bite going amazing I got any cause i couldn't feel anything in the stiff cross wind, but they were hitting with authority.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19839&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19840&stc=1
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19842&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19843&stc=1

Nice going there thats what I'm talking about! Seems like you found a bunch good for you man! I fished a lot of beaches last night. Somoco, moco, nomoco. 1-6am near the top of the tide. Got one in moco around 3am and one a few minutes ago. Both fish about 23". They could have been twins. Bucktail and white grub. Seems to still be a few scattered stripers if you want to walk the beaches and cast. Also got a few hickories on the teaser. Only one other guy out there. As you said the spotty fishing and tough winds kept a lot of guys home. Shifted to west winds so it should be easier today.

lostatsea
11-22-2015, 06:52 AM
Good job gents. moco from 5-7p. Skunk but I did not fish bucktails or shad - just plugs. I forgot to bring my box that held them. Won't make that mistake again.Duh. sharkhart I liked what you said about the stripers hitting with authority.

fishinmission78
11-22-2015, 07:38 AM
A little too much family celebrating yesterday so I didn't make it out this morning fellas. Just letting you know there was a fair sunrise bite in the park today on bunker and heads. Friends of mine got one keeper apiece on heads. I might either go out there for the high tide in the afternoon or early tomorrow. Good luck.

fishrich
11-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Two of us gave NOMOCO a try and came up empty. Plugged a good stretch of beach for a couple of hours till dark. Did not see any bait or anyone else catch anything.

storminsteve
11-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Decided to switch it up and fish moco tonight. Fished a few places. 3-8:30. pretty damn cold out there. One short on rubber shad. If I figured all the miles I walked and gas burned to catch that one striper I would probably quit for the year. At least I get to go home with a fish smell on my hands so my wife actually believes I'm fishing. This fall is the PITS! OK rant over.
shark hart loved the report you give us hope!

finchaser
11-22-2015, 10:15 PM
This weekend will tell 5 club surf only tournament, last year no keepers were caught

SharkHart
11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I returned to the bay sunday same tide stage with improved weather and no fish there. Usually the bay bites repeat until a sharp change in weather. Never used to just be gone the next day. Fished out front as sun came up and had one on for one sec and thats all in the big white water

There are reports coming in of snagged sand eels on lures saw a pic of one. Something might be brewing. Ocean county

J Barbosa
11-23-2015, 11:04 AM
now it looked like offseason Nice catches.The only good thing about lousy fishing is it keeps 90% of the chase only crew on the couch.

J Barbosa
11-23-2015, 11:08 AM
43" - 36lb fish from the other week.

Took a 4" Tsunami swim shad in the middle of a schoolie bass feeding frenzy on peanuts (I'm afraid to use the word blitz - lol).
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5801/23221755985_475ee7d25f_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Bo2z2c)

J Barbosa
11-23-2015, 11:15 AM
It's over - no need to go looking for these fish. :HappyWave:

Click on the image below to watch video.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5760/22952270760_daff5cc6c8_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/AYdosd)

lostatsea
11-23-2015, 11:18 AM
Wow nice fish thats a pig. Definitely a true cow nice work. Morning or late afternoon and if I could ask what tide have you had more success on? thanks and congrats!

surferman
11-23-2015, 11:28 AM
holey todelo! Beautiful striper man great catch.

SharkHart
11-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Sweet fish that must have been some fight in that current

J Barbosa
11-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Sweet fish that must have been some fight in that current

Yep, at first I thought I had snagged the big seal we had seen feeding on the small bass & peanuts. These were particularly small fish and I didn't see another keeper caught all day and most fish were under 24". I kept getting missed on the 6" shad so I downsized to the 4" shad which has a tiny hook.

At first it just started to pull drag off the reel like I snagged a branch or seal. Then about five seconds later I could feel the fish starting its run and the big long tail sweeps.

I knew right away it was a good fish and resisted tightening the drag down. I got very nervous as the fish was headed towards the bridge but I knew if I tightened the drag any more I would be posting a picture of a bent hook. It got about 20 yards from the bridge before she stopped pulling drag.

cowherder
11-23-2015, 05:01 PM
NICE FISH jbarbosa! WOW she is fat.:clapping::clapping:
Just getting ready to start now wish me luck guys.

plugcrazy
11-23-2015, 05:31 PM
:thumbsup:Outstanding catch dude way to go. I fished twice since the last time I reported here. skunk both times.

plugcrazy
11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
How do we say this? Beautiful white water lol the East winds cleared out the beaches there were guys all over last weekend now it looked like offseason, Luckily I had a plan B in the Bay, had a decent bite going amazing I got any cause i couldn't feel anything in the stiff cross wind, but they were hitting with authority.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19839&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19840&stc=1
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19842&stc=1http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19843&stc=1

Great report and pics thanks for sharing.

jigfreak
11-23-2015, 08:35 PM
I returned to the bay sunday same tide stage with improved weather and no fish there. Usually the bay bites repeat until a sharp change in weather. Never used to just be gone the next day. Fished out front as sun came up and had one on for one sec and thats all in the big white water

There are reports coming in of snagged sand eels on lures saw a pic of one. Something might be brewing. Ocean county

I'm hoping but think its wishful thinking so far with all the dirty water. Keeping fingers crossed thanks for the intel.

seamonkey
11-23-2015, 08:48 PM
43" - 36lb fish from the other week.

Took a 4" Tsunami swim shad in the middle of a schoolie bass feeding frenzy on peanuts (I'm afraid to use the word blitz - lol).
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5801/23221755985_475ee7d25f_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Bo2z2c)

Monster fish dude nice catch.

jsarosi
11-23-2015, 10:08 PM
Nice catch

fishinmission78
11-24-2015, 06:51 AM
Nice catch jbarbosa. Went out fishing sunday night after my friends did so great earlier in the day on bunker. Tough conditions and total skunk. Fished last night. Sandeels finally here. Got a few smaller ones plus one keeper at 29". A few sandeels and peanuts around. Stubby needle crawled slow.

VSdreams
11-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Great news thanks for the intel and congrats.

finchaser
11-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Fished the boat today had 3 bass to 26 # all live lined and released the big schools of bait and bass are almost gone.

A friend fined off Lavallette and caught small bass in the peanut bunker schools 2 miles off the beach.

The B&N sand eel story was BS :burn:

Didn't see or read anything along the beach for close to 15 miles:(

Our annual Club jigging trip on the Mimi tomorrow

fishrich
11-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Switched counties today but the skunk followed me. Plugged OC 3 pm till dark. There was an awful lot of pluggers out there trying and I did not see one bent pole. Did not see any bait either.

jsarosi
11-25-2015, 12:10 AM
Want to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving and a great Holiday Season.

Good Luck Fishing. :HappyWave:

jigfreak
11-25-2015, 09:10 AM
X2 for me too and thanks to dark and pebbles for the site. Fished oc 5-6a. One short on buck and white grub. A bud of mine had them good 3 nights ago said bait was all over. Well this morning it was perfect but seems the bait moved on.

J Barbosa
11-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Fished the boat today had 3 bass to 26 # all live lined and released the big schools of bait and bass are almost gone.

A friend fined off Lavallette and caught small bass in the peanut bunker schools 2 miles off the beach.

The B&N sand eel story was BS :burn:

Didn't see or read anything along the beach for close to 15 miles:(

Our annual Club jigging trip on the Mimi tomorrow

What a surprise...a shop owner known for lying...tells a lie a few days before a long holiday weekend...lol

fishinmission78
11-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Went back to where I got the fish the other night and nada. I did snag a sandeel when I caught them. next time will take a phone pic. Scattered sandeels ***? If you cant fish every day its like youre out of luck. Really sucks.

fishinmission78
11-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Also I was fishing above the park. Sometimes a better bite
. The only IB keeper stripers I heard of lately are on bunker. Fwiw there are not too many being caught.
Happy Thanksgiving gents and ladies.

hookset
11-25-2015, 02:12 PM
No worries dude I know someone who snagged sandeels aweek ago in moco. I don't think we're going to see them in good numbers though. Here's what I see-john lies. Fishing sucks except for a few places.
Chase the blitz and you are a macho man. Don't catch fish and you are a loser.every single one of those charter captains that keeps those small bonus fish is An a -hole, and I would be glad to say it to their faces. when there are no fish left they will be crying the loudest about having to sell their boats. They are all pieces of crap. raping a resource when it belongs to all of us.

hookset
11-25-2015, 02:24 PM
Fishing report - fished moco this morning at sunrise, skunk for me. sorry for the rant.Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

finchaser
11-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Well guys our annual club trip on the Mimi was a success as we jigged around 100 bass with 35 people to the pool winning 30" fish. I had 13 on metal.

We went for quantity not quality do to the guests of club members on board.

Now for the good the news, massive schools of fish (from what I guess from long island) are here from the channels to the highlands bridge with tons of peanuts

Now for the bad news they are 2 miles off the beach and there are no sand eels anywhere the fish are gorged with peanuts and moving south at a rather quick pace

There is nothing close to the beach except the hook area , the closest we saw any signs of life was 1/2 of a mile off as we road home along it for 21 miles hopefully they move in some where as its a Hugh body of fish

cowherder
11-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Well that was a bummer to read lol.
Thanks for the report and I'm still hoping some of those fish will come in at least a few. or I will have to jump on a party boat and try to catch some to close out my year.

seamonkey
11-25-2015, 06:24 PM
oh come on guys, fat lady is not singing yet.nice catch.

finchaser
11-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Well that was a bummer to read lol.
Thanks for the report and I'm still hoping some of those fish will come in at least a few. or I will have to jump on a party boat and try to catch some to close out my year.

Me too i'll be on the beach at 5ish

fishrich
11-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Switched counties again, but the skunk didn't find us this time. Three of us fished MOCO 2 pm to 6 pm. Found schools of peanuts with no fish and found birds working to far out to reach. Around 4 pm we found some peanuts with a few fish and managed to follow them and pick some fish. When the peanuts left we still managed to pick some fish. All fish caught on plugs. One fish at 30" and the rest 21" to 24".

SharkHart
11-26-2015, 01:24 AM
Fished Atlantic county to try something different and fit my schedule for tonight, looked bleak first 4 spots no fish but saw decent amount of small bait then the 5 th stop no bait but four bass to 27"

A friend did well on the boat weds, he texted me this pic, this is the season of everything changes in a day but there seems to been two bodies out there this one was in close, he said the hook was deserted and birds were dead in wash for hours 19870

Blazin420
11-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Happy Thanksgiving guys hope you and your families have a great holiday...I got out last night from a 3 week hiatus..Lil guy has kept me busy lol!! Fished nomoco from 7 till 11pmish not a tap saw a lot of guys out and only 1 fish caught that was about 30in...I haven't been out much this fall but by the reports and the guys I knew that go out almost everyday it's been a dismal run...I hope there is still a little bit left to the seadon would like to get 1 more night out with some fish around to bite

finchaser
11-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Fished the 4am to 7 nada:skunk:

jigfreak
11-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Switched counties again, but the skunk didn't find us this time. Three of us fished MOCO 2 pm to 6 pm. Found schools of peanuts with no fish and found birds working to far out to reach. Around 4 pm we found some peanuts with a few fish and managed to follow them and pick some fish. When the peanuts left we still managed to pick some fish. All fish caught on plugs. One fish at 30" and the rest 21" to 24".
Have been following your exploits. Seems you guys
been hitting in hard lately.Way to keep at it. Thanks for the report.
I fished OC on dropping tide last night. Two very round shorts.
1 on Mag d, another on needle.

wish4fish
11-27-2015, 09:21 AM
nice going dudes backbay is dead nothing but doggies and skates for the last week

fishrich
11-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Fished MOCO 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm and caught nothing. When we first started we saw some bait and saw a few fish caught. Thought it was going to be good, but it fizzed out and never got going again.

hookset
11-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Fished moco as well. 8p-3a. Decent conditions. Scattered bait. Managed one short on bucktail n pork.

hookset
11-28-2015, 03:47 AM
Fished. Thought it was going to be good, but it fizzed out and never got going again.
Sounds like a description of my whole fall season in 1 sentence.

J Barbosa
11-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Took the yak out front on Thanksgiving Day...good bird life and fish around but the boats made it difficult to put up any high numbers. Birds would pop up and before you know it 10 boats would be on top of you. It's kind of priceless being hooked up and a failed party boat can't catch one.

small fish 4" shads worked best. My brother managed two keepers on a larger 6" shad.