PDA

View Full Version : New NJ state record sea bass

bababooey
12-13-2015, 08:40 PM
This knucklehead is a brute. Nice catch and congrats. Found the pic online. Weighed in at the reel seat.

"The string of new state and world record fish landed in the northeast in 2015 just keeps getting longer, and the most recent catch to make news is the massive 9-pound black sea bass that was landed by angler Steve Singler on Saturday, December 12.

Steve made his way to New Jersey from his hometown of Philadelphia, PA to fish aboard the VOYAGER sailing out of Point Pleasant, NJ for their Jumbo Sea Bass & Porgy trip.

The massive knucklehead taped out at an impressive 27 inches in length, sported a chunky 18.75-inch girth and was weighed on the certified scale at the Reel Seat in Breille.

Once certified this fish will eclipse the existing state record of 8 pounds, 4.5 ounces which was landed in 2010 by Andrew Meredino while fishing off Cape May."

7deadlyplugs
12-13-2015, 09:17 PM
knuckle-HEEEEAD! That thing's a giant, congrats.

finchaser
12-13-2015, 09:59 PM
We weighed it in.

cowherder
12-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Good work Steve and Reel Seat for weighing it. Nice fish. Did you see it when it came in finchaser? 27 inches is bigger than most stripers people have been getting lately.

finchaser
12-14-2015, 12:54 PM
No I didn't I was out fishing . I do their rod repairs so I'm in and out allot