PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for Jan-Mar 2016

fishinmission78
01-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Gave it a try in OC for new years stripering. Before sunrise I got a short bass and shad on a loaded redfin. Then around sunrise got a short on rubber shad. Still come small fish around, catch em up. Happy new years and best wishes gents.

baitstealer
01-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Hey guys happy new year! Haven't been out fishing much but just had to go this afternoon. Fished moco from 4-6 it was pretty nice out there as I tossed a big shad and played around with a bucktail as well. No hits runs or errors. Didn't see anyone on the beach where I was get a striper either. Good job fishing mission you got a January double play! Water was beautiful for Jan 1.

surferman
01-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Nice. I read that some big blues were also caught a few days ago on the northern beaches. Outstanding!

finchaser
01-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Released 2 bass to 37" both on loaded c-10 redfin from 2 to 4 pm

VSdreams
01-02-2016, 01:07 AM
Cool looks like a fattie. Could I ask if they hit far out or in close? Thanks

finchaser
01-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Pretty close was not out on a bar

Large schools of peanuts ruined this mornings fishing BUNKER SU_K

DarkSkies
01-02-2016, 11:41 AM
**Important when registering on our site -- use an active email address so you can activate your account to be able to post. If you began to register and can't post, check your spam folder for your activation instructions.
If you are not able to post or have problems logging on, making sure this is correct will most likely fix your problem. Thanks. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/smilies/HappyWave.gif

Spammers:
This and other websites that have been around more than a few years, have been inundated with spammers.
You folks never see them because I have a few methods of blocking or banning them.
There have been cases where members were banned before they got a chance to post, because they fit a spammer profile.

I'm sorry folks, but I just don't have to time to differentiate real, honest anglers who want to contribute to a site, who fit a spammer profile......... from spammers with malicious intent, who fit a spammer profile.

Because I try to cover all possibilities, a while back I sent a massive e-mailing to members where there were questions. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and change their member status to active if it was possible a mistake was made.

If you're
a. not a contributing member to a site
b. and created bogus e-mails to join, the legitimacy of your membership would most likely be questioned.
There are several ways to contact Admin on here. If someone hasn't made use of the contact tools that we provide, that's on them.
I do the best I can, and the safety of our site and members has to take priority.

Any of the group e-mails I sent out, if you haven't responded by the end of January 2016 to correct any membership problems, it will likely take a long time for me to correct your issue as I just won't have the time after that.

Everyone has to have at least one website that they feel comfortable posting at and contributing to.
We have a lot of good members here who go out of their way to help the new guy and contribute by posting.
If a new member doesn't feel the need to reciprocate, we wish them the best of luck elsewhere.

Thanks for reading.....
Happiness and Good Health to All! :HappyWave::fishing:

DarkSkies
01-02-2016, 12:07 PM
NJ Fishing Reports for January 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach, think before ya post.....:idea:

3. Location -
Out front....
out back.....
or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4. Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

** Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group! :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
01-02-2016, 12:07 PM
2016 Winter thoughts.......

*** A. Please remember that all NJ waters "out back" are closed to striped bass fishing until March 1. I know a lot of folks have their favorite Winter fishing places, and lots of fish are caught. I'm not passing judgement here. It's up to every angler to know the law and abide by it. Otherwise, we would have anarchy.

As mentioned, if you are fishing closed waters for bass, and aware of it, please don't post those reports here, please keep them to yourself. It seems so much simpler that way, if ya think about it. :thumbsup:
Also, please be aware that some states have laws that don't prohibit targeting bass in the back after Dec 31. Thanks.

B. I have a feeling that a Winter bite could last in the ocean, for longer than usual this year. My thoughts about that come from the way the bait has migrated this year. There are several factors, I'll post about just a few of them for now:

1. Bunker migration - usually, adult bunker, and predators follow a general path of moving as the water temps drop.

2. Bunker numbers have increased dramatically so folks are seeing them in greater ranges than before. Also, peanut bunker are still around and in some of the back bays and rivers in NJ and NY. There are still great quantities of bait in some areas of the LI Sound. There are still a great deal of bunker, and some larger bass in NY Harbor.

3. Those baitfish..the ones that do migrate....will likely be moving South, as water temps drop to move them.
Additionally, some striped bass will move up the Hudson.
It's hard to determine exactly what group the fish belong to. I believe we are in similar conditions to late season 2011.

4. Therefore, there will be groups of predators following them (albeit scattered and inconsistent in numbers)

5. This could provide an ocean bite, for much longer than has been the case in recent past years, approaching the Winter bite we had in the 2011-2012 Winter. There are a lot of variables to these possibilities here, winter storms, weather patterns, and severe drop in ocean temps could bring this to a halt in a few days.

6. Herring. AKA Atlantic Sea Herring- for many years, folks became excited when herring came in to inlets and certain riverhead areas in Late Fall and Winter. This was pointless..... because most bass and predators were gone that late in the year. This year is different, and actually seems to be one where the abundant herring could hold some fish for awhile. Those who keep logs, should go back and search herring patterns. If we're lucky they could be repeated this year.

7. With the biomass being less, it seems there are less striped bass on the edges. There aren't enough of them for masses to move directly along the coast and deliver a bite that's as consistent as many of us remember in the past.
The blitzes that used to last for days, now last for an hour. Blink, and if you can't race to the action, you will have missed it.

8. Bait dilemma - In any case, most seasoned anglers know that there is much more bait than these lesser numbers of fish..... could ever eat. The largest masses of fish are often coming through the Mud Hole, as Finchaser and others have pointed out so many times in the past. Right now certain areas slightly offshore are filled with squid, butterfish, and other baitfish.

** All this could change in an instant, with a week or so of bad weather.

If such a bite does develop and folks don't want to telegraph it to the world, you can be selective about how you post, or post in the Winter Fishing thread instead. Regular contributors here should have no problem finding that thread. Any members who want clarification of that, feel free to PM me any time. :HappyWave:
I completely understand the limited access issues, and support those who feel the same way about limiting disclosure.
Thanks, and good luck out there. :fishing:

surferman
01-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the insite and thoughts. I wish that was true for the whole jersey coast, would really like to see a winter striper bite in cape may.

finchaser
01-02-2016, 01:57 PM
:beatin:This is for reports only not fireside reading DS follow the rules :burn:

cowherder
01-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Spammers:
This and other websites that have been around more than a few years, have been inundated with spammers.
You folks never see them because I have a few methods of blocking or banning them.
There have been cases where members were banned before they got a chance to post, because they fit a spammer profile.

I'm sorry folks, but I just don't have to time to differentiate real, honest anglers who want to contribute to a site, who fit a spammer profile............ from spammers with malicious intent, who fit a spammer profile.
Thanks for reading.....
Happiness and Good Health to All! :HappyWave::fishing:

:beatin:This is for reports only not fireside reading DS follow the rules :burn:

I have a solution DS you should ban yourself! JKidding I like your commentary it makes sense. Also appreciate all you are trying to do. I am one of those who didn't catch hundreds of fish a night back in the day because I wasn't fishing then. I like hearing the different stories because it makes it more real rather than someone just bragging about their catches. I like finchasers commentary as well but I hope you two don't end up fighting again I see enough of that on other sites.:argue:

cowherder
01-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Fishing report! Fished moco this AM got the skunk!:skunk:
Lots of other guys saying the same thing where are the stripers?

dogfish
01-02-2016, 02:42 PM
I like finchasers commentary as well but I hope you two don't end up fighting again I see enough of that on other sites.:argue:
Beg to differ I haven't caught a bass in 1 1/2 months things are really dead in my neck of the woods. If you can't come to a site with some entertainment thrown in what's the point? Sometimes it's good to read those posts where you need a bag of popcorn. BTW this is the only site I know of where you have an official ballbusting thread and haven't killed each other over it. Kudos :HappyWave:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?9663-Stripers-And-Anglers-Ball-Busting-thread

Monty
01-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Was hoping he would get with the program this year, :banghead2:

Congrats on the Bass Fin, on the loaded Redfin :thumbsup:, :HappyWave:

finchaser
01-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Went back to beach had 4 to 31" all on jig head and white body some guys being the sportsman they are actually had to do snag and drop with peanuts and a 1/0 treble to catch and gut hook these small fish pathetic.

jigfreak
01-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Fished OC this afternoon. Got out late had to work. By the time I got there it was a slow pic. Managed 2 shorts on white bass assassin.

jigfreak
01-02-2016, 08:56 PM

I dunno I kind of like the format here.
There is one site, it has very few posts except for the fishing reports. And in the fishing reports section all they do is clutter up the reports asking advice about this reel, that rod, and whether they should fish north or south. I must be crazy the way I usually do that is go out and fish and move when I cant find them instead of asking dudes on the internet to point me to fish.
There is another site that prob is a great resource, lots of action and posts. Lots of whining too.Guys whine about not getting their fishing xmas presents in time. Whine about going fishing on a jetty and not being greeted properly. W-T-F?? Whine in the reports thread about poachers and they don't call it in. Whine about fishing in urban areas afraid their fancy gear might get jacked. Pansies.
Post about going duck or deer hunting. Whine about whether they are going to get their 5th or 6th VS and they never set foot on the rocks or inlet jetties. All that in the reports thread of the month. So compared to that this place is pretty basic and simple to me. If you guys want to talk about bait or migration its OK. I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02

bababooey
01-02-2016, 09:01 PM
I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02

BB? Folks doing bareback here?:scared:

jigfreak
01-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter, man. BB is ball busting. The BBer and BBee have to be cool with it though. There lies the dilemma.

bababooey
01-02-2016, 09:08 PM
My bad, sir. The ball busting is fun then. Besides what else do you want to talk about in the winter. I find it hard to believe you guys are still catching stripers. IF DS and FC end up in a battle royale I want the popcorn concesssion!

fishrich
01-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Fished OC 2:30 - 5:30. Between the three of us only one 30" striper on sp minnow. Only saw one other fish caught where we were. Lots of sea herring in the wash. Checked a few spots in a few different towns when we first got there and saw a lot of sea herring in the wash everywhere we looked.

seamonkey
01-02-2016, 09:22 PM
don't want to ruffle any feathers but I enjoy the posts the way they are. Have learned a lot by reading the back and forth that goes on.

hookset
01-02-2016, 09:47 PM
There is another site that prob is a great resource, lots of action and posts. Lots of whining too.Guys whine about not getting their fishing xmas presents in time. Whine about going fishing on a jetty and not being greeted properly. W-T-F?? Whine in the reports thread about poachers and they don't call it in. Whine about fishing in urban areas afraid their fancy gear might get jacked. Pansies.
Post about going duck or deer hunting. Whine about whether they are going to get their 5th or 6th VS and they never set foot on the rocks or inlet jetties. All that in the reports thread of the month. So compared to that this place is pretty basic and simple to me. If you guys want to talk about bait or migration its OK. I like the BB too. Its all good. my .02

I know exactly what site your talking about. There is a know it all who posts weather reports every day in the fishing reports forum. The guy probably never fished the surf in his life and comes across as an expert. Also there are 5 pages at a time with useless info, just back and forth chest beating and secret handshake stuff. I like things the way they are here better. Bust my balls anytime you want to. I'm in.
As for fishing fished moco today with shads, poppers, sps, bucktails, and every herring plug I had. Light colored bombers too, and no stripes. Did manage 2 hickory shad on the bomber. Surf was very flat and calm. Maybe too calm. Hardly any white water at all. still not bad for January fishing.

finchaser
01-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Released 1 bass around 29" on a white SS popper lots of herring some south in the wind and a SE swell seems to have turned them off.

finchaser
01-03-2016, 09:26 AM
My bad, sir. The ball busting is fun then. Besides what else do you want to talk about in the winter. I find it hard to believe you guys are still catching stripers. IF DS and FC end up in a battle royale I want the popcorn concesssion!

All I'm saying is he writes sermons and places them in 3 threads so why in the reports thread too

hookset
01-03-2016, 11:10 AM
^^^^^Come on guys it shouldn't be that serious. It's just fishing. I mean the hijacking and different directions is much better here than other sites where its sometimes out of control. I like the ebb and flow here, don't mind reading things on fishing and baitfish. This is the only site I have seen where we can call out the meatmen. That has to count for something. just saying.

hookset
01-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Released 1 bass around 29" on a white SS popper lots of herring some south in the wind and a SE swell seems to have turned them off.

That s wind is never any good for me either except for one specific area. After the dismal results yesterday went back early today and fished in the dark. Fishing was a little better. Fished a silver belly loaded redfin and managed a few. No keepers but they hit hard and it was fun. Bite turned off before sunrise. Very cold out there last night.
Congrats on the C&R.

surferman
01-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Great reports fellas this so unusual hope it lasts a little while longer.

fishinmission78
01-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Fished the park this morning, quick trip. Some fish were caught but not by me. Toying with the idea of going out again in the afternoon. Lots of bait around.

plugcrazy
01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
grumpys had a weigh in today of 26.7lbs on a popper. Not over yet!

hookedonbass
01-03-2016, 04:10 PM
oc from 2-4. I saw lots of bait too but no stripes.

fishrich
01-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Fished OC from noon till 5:30. Jumped around to different spots and saw a lot of bait in some spots, but not close to the beach. The last spot we fished we caught a short and a 32" striper between the three of us. Lost one other hook up. Only action we had was on sp minnow just before dark.

vpass
01-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Hi guys, been along time. Glad to see you all still active. Been a busy year for me. only got out 4 time this last year and got Skunked all 4 times. I promised myself that I won't miss another year. Finchaser, glad to see you still catching like always. that's awesome. Happy New year to all.

finchaser
01-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Glad to see ya back^^^ about to hit beach in a few miniutes when my friend arrives

finchaser
01-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Cold and windy 6 to 8 AM no bait or fish dead sea :skunk:

seamonkey
01-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Good to see you back vpass. Your posts were missed, happy new years to everyone as well.

fishinmission78
01-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Went back yesterday for a bit at end of day. Skunk followed me home.

finchaser
01-04-2016, 09:36 PM
6 of us went back out 2 each to 3 spots that produced for the past week. Fished from 3:30 to 5 PM bitterly cold again no bait or fish:skunk: in the 3 spots that produced for the past week until today. Water dropped to 48

buckethead
01-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Moco this morning at sunrise. Very cold and windy my reading said 12 degrees. Nothing for me. Very short trip only a half hour. May try later on when the winds die down.

buckethead
01-05-2016, 09:14 AM
All I'm saying is he writes sermons and places them in 3 threads so why in the reports thread too

Sometimes all I have time to look at is the reports thread. I for one appreciate the in-detail comments dark. I think you are spot on with your state of the fisheries analysis you add to every year. If we don't remember the past we are condemned to repeat it.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?7784-StripersandAnglers-yearly-coastwide-fish-stock-assessment-state-of-the-fishery
I would write more if I could write like you. It's a new year, tight lines and happiness to everyone.

surferman
01-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Hell yeah it's colder than a witches t*t! Gonna have to get out the 5/4 for surfing. It was perfect for december though. Guys kudos to you for getting out there. I walked my dog this morning and every little puddle of piece of thin water in the neighborhood was frozen.

J Barbosa
01-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Did some bottom fishing the other day on a party boat. Overall a very slow trip plagued by dogfish and conger eels most of the day. Captain worked hard moving us from wreck to wreck but it seemed like the blow the day before shut down most of the action. A pick of smaller sized ling & cod for the boat along with a nice pool winning Pollack caught by one of the kids on board. Who better to win the pool than a young kid? :HappyWave:

Highlight of the trip was having a nice sized lobster get fouled in my rig.

Naturally with a fresh lobster I had no choice but to go harvest some clams the next morning. A full moon tide with low around sunrise only allowed for an hour and a half of clamming. We managed about 100 clams each before we had to retreat to the incoming tide.

Nothing beats a fresh seafood Spanish Paella....clams, lobster, scallops, and shrimp all in one dish!!! :thumbsup:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1676/23824798909_0311ca6906_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/CijjEZ)

seamonkey
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
x2 on the report format and commentary. Please leave them the way they are I like them. On other forums you have 5 or 10 pages clutter mixed up in the reports and I don't find that to be the case here. Have learned a lot reading the back and forth between you guys here. Just my two cents. J Barbosa thats an awesome LOBSTER dinner making me hungry just looking at it!

finchaser
01-05-2016, 08:17 PM
I like them too but the reports thread should be reports only, so you don't have to weed through lots of BS to get to whose catching and what on also makes it hard for follow catch questions . Especially that his posts are usually placed in 2 to 3 other threads which he adds to over and over. Winter thoughts is not a fishing report. In his own words reports only as stated in his rules.

jigfreak
01-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Sorry have to disagree on this. Sol has pages and pages of crap mixed in the reports no one ever complains. RJ puts up posts that would rival war and peace a minimum of 10,000 words per post. So long - that reading them I get a headache. Dark at least puts in paragraph breaks and bullet points/numbers. I think he's gotten better than he used to be.
Lobster boy/big deal posts weather reports every day in a thread thats supposed to be fishing, and then comments on every single freaking post like he is Zane Grey and invented fishing. You got another guy that posts about every thing but fishing. The younger generation thinks when they have a boil on their ***, it's post worthy. In that reports thread they discuss almost everything else but fishing, even empanada recipes. No one ever complains over there - its like a free for all.
I'm registered on a few sites but don't post on any one but this. I like it here, good caliber of salts. Thanks dark, finchaser, clamchucker, bucket and all you guys that make this a good resource. I hate the whining and self-indulgent selfish wanna be report chaser striper fishermen that I have seen on some of the other sites. (Some sites are not that bad, though). It's winter and not many fishing out there. I live close to the water and sometimes its so cold its tough to push myself to get out, like this week. finchaser if you can go out every day and want to post fishing reports I will buy you an ice cream cone at dairy queen. Otherwise I think maybe we all need to lighten up a bit. My opinion.

jigfreak
01-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I did make it out tonight in moco. Dropping tide, it was cold but hardly any wind at all. Skunk for me.

bababooey
01-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Anyone want to buy any popcorn? I'm selling it for $5 a bag a 50% discount from movie prices.
We can always discuss clambrella trolling in January.:)
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19989&stc=1

bababooey
01-05-2016, 09:54 PM
The younger generation thinks when they have a boil on their ***, it's post worthy.

not only post worthy, but selfie-worthy!

cowherder
01-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Oh come on guys can't we just get along? It's January and there are still fish out there. I like the back and forth, that's my vote. Keep things as they are.

lostatsea
01-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Highlight of the trip was having a nice sized lobster get fouled in my rig.

Naturally with a fresh lobster I had no choice but to go harvest some clams the next morning. A full moon tide with low around sunrise only allowed for an hour and a half of clamming. We managed about 100 clams each before we had to retreat to the incoming tide.

Nothing beats a fresh seafood Spanish Paella....clams, lobster, scallops, and shrimp all in one dish!!! :thumbsup:

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1676/23824798909_0311ca6906_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/CijjEZ)
Awesome report, great pic. Did you go out of north or south jersey?

finchaser
01-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Dark and I discussed this on the phone for those concerned. Also Sol never was like that when it started and that is why many of the people like myself who were on the ground floor very seldom post there any more. IMO RJ is out of his mind with his Hudson River B/S he tried that here many moons ago until confronted.

enjoy your season

got to get some sleep an EPIC day could be coming.
The true epic days are long gone��

basshunter
01-06-2016, 09:41 AM
X2 for keeping things the way they are. It's winter. Not that many dudes fishing. Instead of popcorn we should be toasting marshmallows over the fire and talk about the old times. Would love to hear more of that since I am prob one of the young ones. Thanks for all you guys do.

7deadlyplugs
01-06-2016, 09:59 AM
The ny season for stripers is closed. Have been catching some herring here and there. Come here to see how you fellas are doing and live vicariously through some of the catches. The ball busting is entertaining too. Vote me in as ok with it. Keep up the good work. jbarbose thats a beautiful lobster. Paella even better there is a restaurant by me that will make paella with any fish or lobsters or crabs you bring in to them.

storminsteve
01-06-2016, 03:04 PM
Brrrrr! boy has that temperature really come down in the last few days lol.I am still hoping for a few chances at catching left.storm coming on Friday, so will try to get out there before then. Good luck out there gents.

hookset
01-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Pretty decent night tonight. No keepers but a handful of shorts. Throwing a black SP. They hit hard, round aggressive little footballs. Perfect conditions. moco

finchaser
01-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Nada this morning 5 to 8 am :skunk:water down to 44 degrees time for the so called death rats

buckethead
01-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Same for me a dish where the plate was almost empty. Fished my usual area. Water looked promising, some bait around. Scratched out one short on bucktail and pork. hookset I have noticed these fish are fat. There is more bait than bass and they are bulking up, the ones that are still here.

finchaser
01-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Fished this morning all 6 of us in different spots NADA:skunk: blowing good out of the NE this could be it after the blow with more cold weather next week

buckethead
01-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Yes it was a little sporty out there this morning. Nothing for me either.

finchaser
01-08-2016, 06:58 PM
Went back out 2 more times 3 more places basically fished from 6 am to 6 pm with 2 breaks to eat and visit 2 shops NADA :skunk:not even birds offshore

wind at least 20NE gusts to 25 sea 5 to 6 feet and building

surferman
01-08-2016, 07:22 PM
wind at least 20NE gusts to 25 sea 5 to 6 feet and building

Yes surf's UP!! Thanks will be out there tomorrow riding the curl.:drool:

finchaser
01-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Well even though we knew it was over especially after yesterdays marathon we gave it a try and nada this morning, pretty much unfishable no signs of any life including birds. Lots of dead jelly fish all over the place probably from the quick drop in water temp.

hookset
01-09-2016, 11:41 AM
No offense maybe the ocean temps are 42 in cape cod but they were a little warmer than that where I was last night. Picked up a few more runts. They are getting smaller and smaller tho. Bucktail and white grub. Want to get some fishing in before the noreaster and possible snow shoots everything to hell. Water wasn't that bad, except for the swell. Had to time your casts. Didn't see anyone else out there. Good luck fellas.

VSdreams
01-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Way to go out there and try. I like that idea about fishing before a north east storm. Doesn't seem to be much out there at all looking at all the fishing reports on the net. Good that you were able to find some. Watch out that someone doesn't put a GPS tracking device on you!
What about the herring have they all gone too?

fishinmission78
01-09-2016, 11:56 AM
I have been out a few times, latest this morning. Skunk a roonie for me. HS congrats on finding a few. I think it's like finding a needle in a haystack right now. In OC and island beach the bigger fish have disappeared from the surf. As mentioned the conditions aren't that bad. Just could not find a fish this morning. May try the night after the storm if it isn't that bad. As for the herring they are still around in my area. I was out yesterday too and saw the gannetts diving. Way too far out to cast. No party boats are fishing for bass so if they were there most would not know. I definitely feel they are thinning out. Should have gotten one or two this morning. Still, anytime you can get out in January and fish comfortably its a good day.

finchaser
01-09-2016, 05:55 PM
I took it today on a very accurate river thermometer designed by fish pond for salmon fishing was 43 today south of Manasquan inlet the Gambler gave up no fish for 3 days he had 44 degrees. This week temps are not going over 40 degrees

Hookset there is ice coming down the Manasquan believe me I don't want it to end but the end except for a few rats with this weeks temps that should do it. The picture came from a friend who took the temp by shark river inlet

buckethead
01-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Fished moco this morning. Surf is cleaning up but still some white water and pockets of dirty water. Nothing for me. Nice and sunny out there, good walk on the beach and exercise.

finchaser
01-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Nada this morning water holding at 43degrees on my thermometer and verified here

http://www.new-jersey-leisure-guide.com/ocean-temperatures.html

hookedonbass
01-13-2016, 09:16 AM
You gents are hardcore. Thanks for trying.

finchaser
01-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Tried this morning nada no signs of any life but a few loons water 42 on my thermometer

http://www.new-jersey-leisure-guide....peratures.html (http://www.new-jersey-leisure-guide.com/ocean-temperatures.html) verified

So IMO

cowherder
01-14-2016, 11:18 AM
finchaser is the last one standing.Thanks for the report. Was still hoping that with the herring there would be a few stripers.

hookset
01-14-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm still fishing too. There are some around feeding on crabs. Its getting too cold and 42 is usually the limit for me catching on artificials. Know an older guy who is still getting them on clams but no keepers. Went out last night, cold as hell. Only gave it 15 minutes. Blanked. The surf is beautiful and serene lately. No one is fishing even for herring. Lots of space and solitude. Unfortunately each day the weather gets colder and the ones that still are around will get lockjaw. Unless you use clams on a sunny day. Then you might get a keeper.

fishinmission78
01-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Know an older guy who is still getting them on clams but no keepers.

Nothing on the island either. Been out twice this week and skunko. Did not try clams tho. In the past I have and they would work until the water temps hit around 40.

Good luck out there gents. Like hookset said there is not much to write home about. If you are going stir crazy tho it is not bad weather to get out on a sunny day. At least you will get some exercise and burn off some of the winter fat. Keep hope alive.

buckethead
01-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Gave it the ol college try this morning. Beautiful morning, nice clean water, a little to flat though. Nothing, may try later on in the afternoon.

finchaser
01-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Tried this morning found some herring in the 41 degree water but no fish or birds. Even 2 snot slingers went totally bite less so I decided to pack it in no warm temps after tomorrow so IMO

cowherder
01-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Have been waiting for the weekend to get out there. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:waaah:

jigfreak
01-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Its over johnny.

bababooey
01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Tried this morning found some herring in the 41 degree water but no fish or birds. Even 2 snot slingers went totally bite less so I decided to pack it in no warm temps after tomorrow so IMO

Oh come on now. You guys are paying attention to 41 degree water temperatures now? What about cod fishing and blackfish, they are getting some nice ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zc0BI7T1LA

finchaser
01-15-2016, 11:41 AM
did that last wensday

bababooey
01-15-2016, 11:46 AM
did that last wensday

Blackfish or cod? How did you do? They have been pulling some monster tog out of the sticky areas in south jersey and delaware.

VSdreams
01-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Boy has it been cold out for the last 2 days.
Too cold for herring?

hookedonbass
01-19-2016, 09:55 AM
beats me, but if you were out there fishing in this weather you get a lot of credit.Hardcore

fishinmission78
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
You gents going to let a little wind and cold keep you inside?
Boats just started catching mackerel, and herring have been all over for a month.
You can also go out on a cod boat and get your limit right now.or limit of clams if you have a license. Plenty of opportunities. Sissies need not apply.

captnemo
01-20-2016, 09:25 AM
X2. Loads of cod, macks, and herring to be caught. Golden Eagle caught them on Sunday. A pic that was posted online-

finchaser
01-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Liefs total catch of mackerel ^^^ he was high hook

Voyager had 37 guys they caught 8 cod and tons of porgies and too many sea bass to count all thrown back

Jamaica had 50 some odd guys and 12 cod

Bobby Bogan told me he stopped running do to poor fishing

Mike on Norma K is only running weekends if people show up

If you want cod got to go to Rhode Island Helen H is doing well

This morning the cut out in the PP canal by the condos at the bay end was frozen solid as is the beaver dam creek

Bright side a friend of mine was black fishing off of Spring Lake and caught one 16" whiting

seamonkey
01-20-2016, 09:27 PM
Not all the stripers have left jersey yet! A Capt coming back from blackfishing ran into some big ones.
"Capt. Al Crudele III of Bayhound Charters (609 6022662) at Sea Isle City ran into large stripers again on Sunday after returning from blackfishing. Most of the bass that seem to be wintering there were in the 35-inch class, but they also had one larger striper."

For them to catch these stripers they had to be within 3 miles?
Can anyone shed some light on these fish and the winter striper migration? thanks

http://ads.nj.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_lx.ads/www.nj.com/shore/blogs/fishing/2016/01/jersey_shore_fishing_take_adva_2.html/L30/265049927/BannerShared/NJONLINE/Showcase02_NJ_RoS_Banner06/cw300200.html/536d594b4c6c61675152344142666b71?_RM_EMPTY_&bt=

buckethead
01-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Took a walk along the beaches the past few mornings. Not much fishing for me just the exercise is the goal. Have seen some gannets diving on herring about 1/4 to 1/2 miles out. Yesterday a slew of peanut bunker went by. A few were within 10 feet of the surf lip. Nothing on them though. Haven't seen that in January in a long time.

hookset
01-22-2016, 09:10 PM
That's crazy the peanut bunker along the beach in january. Bunker sex must have been really good this year.
Report from the golden eagle, the cold really is affecting everything.
Fishing wasn't very good today. Check with us after the snowstorm to see when we will be fishing again. We will give an update on Monday or Tuesday.
Off topic, anyone heard from DS lately? Been awful quiet.

buckethead
01-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Got out to the water for a walk. Surf is dirty and angry but swells seem to be diminishing.

finchaser
01-24-2016, 02:56 PM
37 degree water

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20021&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1453659836 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20021&d=1453659836)

lostatsea
01-25-2016, 01:21 PM
The power of the sea. Question, why during storms like that do you usually see birds near the fronts of inlets? thanks

finchaser
01-25-2016, 02:30 PM
garbage from sewer run off and small crabs and other sea life churned up

justsalt
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome to see whiting make a comeback?

finchaser
01-25-2016, 10:08 PM
Sure would^^^ was one of my favorite eating fish

seamonkey
01-25-2016, 11:08 PM
Do you guys think if they did come back they would have places to smoke them again? or is that the remains of the past that will stay only in the past.

seamonkey
01-25-2016, 11:09 PM
garbage from sewer run off and small crabs and other sea life churned up

That makes sense. The sea gulls will eat anything.

lostatsea
01-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Agreed. I have seen gulls eat pieces of puke in belmar after the college kids left it there in front of one of the bars.

buckethead
01-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Made my usual trip to MC this morning. Just a walk for the exercise. Ocean was flat as a lake. Didn't see any activity out there but the scenery and walk did me good.

buckethead
02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Did another trip. Beautiful stroll and vistas. Not much else to report.

basshunter
02-09-2016, 10:18 AM
herring?

ledhead36
03-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Started fishing at 12:01 last night with some frozen salted clams. Tide wasn't right, still a good night to be out there. Even if we did get skunked. Back out at it again this week. Good luck and tight lines guys.

jigfreak
03-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Skunk for me too tonight in OC in the back. No clams for me. Gonna fish small rubber, hit it until I get bit.

ledhead36
03-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Fished yesterday before the rain. Pretty good weather out there in the bayside before rain came in so we had to take a shot. Got a few shorts tossing snot. Bad weather for the next few days. May start digging some worms when it warms up a little.

Monty
03-02-2016, 09:05 PM
Congrats on getting out guys and a few shorts ledhead.
:thumbsup:

Blazin420
03-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Nice report Led I hope to get out sometime on Sunday after the Berkeley Show

ledhead36
03-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys yeah this time of year you really have to pick your moments. A sunny afternoon can make all the difference for a late afternoon bite. Its been cold as a witches t*t lately will prob wait to go out till the weekend. Good luck guys.

robmedina
03-04-2016, 08:22 AM
the anticipation of life is what I like most about this time of year!

basshunter
03-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Nice going guys you give some hope, thanks for that. Will try to get out this weekend or next and post up.

basshunter
03-04-2016, 12:30 PM
the anticipation of life is what I like most about this time of year!

+!.:bigeyes: :thumbsup: Anything to dust the cobwebs off and get the mind thinking about fishing. Whether I catch or not is secondary.

ledhead36
03-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Nice day today, little warmer. Fished the bay into the dark. 2 shorts on clams. Weather will be great this week gents into the 70's. Time to catch em up.

seamonkey
03-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the reports you post em whether you catch or not and it's appreciated and a good indicator of when the fish are starting to bite. Good luck man!

VSdreams
03-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Good going thanks for the intel. Will be hitting it towards the end of the week. This warm weather should stir the stripers and little mud critters. Fingers crossed for a good spring.

jigfreak
03-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Fished the back this afternoon after work. One short on rubber, hey it's a start.

surferman
03-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Heads up they are starting to get some bigger stripers near the mouth of the delaware bay. My neighbor's buddy got one last night at 16 lbs. He wouldn't go into details where he was but he was using bloods. Said he got it about one hour after sunset.

lostatsea
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
Fished in the back yesterday from 5 to 8 p.m. Saw a bunch of bunker, but no takers.

cowherder
03-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reports guys. I was chomping at the bit at work today thinking of the new season. Got to be in it to win it! Will try to get out this weekend its too nice not to. Tight lines and good luck!

hookset
03-10-2016, 08:01 AM
New moon tides, worked some structure in occo 7-9 last night. Mr twister small white curly tail and bucktail. No dice for me. Still good to wet a line. Great weather we are having.

surferman
03-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Fished the big d yeaterday with worms. No stripers for me. Got one small catfish and 3 white perch. Frying them up in panko bread crumbs tonight.

surferman
03-10-2016, 11:05 AM
New moon tides, worked some structure in occo 7-9 last night. Mr twister small white curly tail and bucktail. No dice for me. Still good to wet a line. Great weather we are having.

Like someone here said got to be in it to win it! Good luck guys the stripers will be biting in full force soon.

cowherder
03-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Nice going at least you guys are trying. Any fish is good to bend a line on.

hookedonbass
03-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Def true, thanks for the reports, will be out there this weekend hitting it hard.

plugcrazy
03-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Love that you gents are going for it and not hating, just fishing. Good vibes and times. May try my luck this weekend just for the hell of it. Fishing is good therapy. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

ledhead36
03-10-2016, 04:46 PM
3 of us got blanked last night. If I didn't see it I would not believe but there were too many bunker where we were.

surferman
03-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Delaware from six to nine, great evening. Not so great for fishing. Managed a few perch and one short striper with bloods. These things are so damn expensive I wish there was a way to keep the perch off of them.

storminsteve
03-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Not really a fishing report a scouting report. Got out of work yesterday and didn't have my gear with me. Decided to take a ride down to the bay anyway and do some checking of the spots. Man there was so much bunker! More than I have seen in years. Didn't hear much in the way of fish being caught. Still there is a feast out there for the big fish. When they get here it will be carnage!

storminsteve
03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
3 of us got blanked last night. If I didn't see it I would not believe but there were too many bunker where we were.

Yeah I saw the same thing too. Thanks for keeping it real man. Appreciate hearing whether you catch or not. Also your temperature reports have been helpful to me, thanks and good luck this year.

VSdreams
03-11-2016, 09:45 AM
x2 on keeping it real. Thanks for the temp reports as well. Will prob be out this weekend or early next and will post up whether I catch or not.

jigfreak
03-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Got out early this morning before sunrise. 2 dinks in the back. rubbah

VSdreams
03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Nice going man at least it was something. Fished oc this afternoon got the skunk

robmedina
03-13-2016, 08:21 AM
out on the kayak with buddy Mike- Bought 30 dollars worth of blood worms and grass shrimp to target the perch and stripers in a river in Atlantic County. AS we were pedaling north I got a call from work- mike decided to troll a half ounce white bucktail with a pink zoom trailer. within minutes he hooks up. he releases and within a few more minutes he hooks up and releases again. Both were in the 20" range. I get off the phone we troll around a little more- I have on a red lead head with white swim bait- neither of us hit- but we were marking fish. So we anchor up and through out the bait. I got a couple nibbles on my hi lo but that's it. After about a half hour we decide to go back to trolling bucktails. I had a yellow with an otter tail. Mike had his white pink zoom combo- He hooks up again. He brings the fish in and I ask what size BT- I put the same size on with the red otter tail and cast out- boom I am in. so they wanted white and half ounce. I ended up with 6 total, biggest was around 32"- he bent the hook and I lost him right at the yak. Mikey ended up with 9 total. He kept two of his for the table, All mine went back in. Oh yeah- outgoing tide. Water temp 55 degrees.

hookset
03-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Nice going on the report and effort. Bloods, grass shrimp and bucktails you guys were really loaded for everything. Where did you get the grass shrimp this time of year? thanks

robmedina
03-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Nice going on the report and effort. Bloods, grass shrimp and bucktails you guys were really loaded for everything. Where did you get the grass shrimp this time of year? thanks
Thanks- it was great to hook up- its been a long time! Got the grass shrimp from Tonys bait and tackle. I believe Scotts B&T has them too.

robmedina
03-13-2016, 11:26 AM
just read that they found a body in the same river we fished yesterday. Same area too. We got there around 1:15- they found the body around 11am.

seamonkey
03-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Heard that too. Sad to hear the news.
http://6abc.com/news/fishermen-find-body-in-mullica-river-in-washington-township-nj-/1243228/

seamonkey
03-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Congrats on the fishing though. Will be giving it a try in the bigd this afternoon before the rain.

robmedina
03-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Will be giving it a try in the bigd this afternoon before the rain. Whooh hoo my daughter actually agreed to go fishing. Going to hit the Bid D as well!

hookedonbass
03-14-2016, 08:39 AM
^^^fishing by yourself, good and fun.
fishing with your kids, rewarding beyond belief and priceless. How did you get your daughter interested in fishing?

hookedonbass
03-14-2016, 08:43 AM
I was out there in moco yesterday 4-6. Figured towards the end of the day would be perfect for tossing a storm shad where the ocean meets the bay. Reeled it very slowly close to the bottom. Got one bump but could not get it to come back. Might have been a flounder. Lots of bunker flipping in the area. Didn's see any bigger fish eating them. Soon gents!

Rob great story of catching on the kayaks. Sometimes I am jealous of the yakkers because you all can cover more ground. It still seems you had to work for the fish. congrats and thanks for sharing.

surferman
03-14-2016, 08:51 AM
heard that too. Sad to hear the news.
http://6abc.com/news/fishermen-find-body-in-mullica-river-in-washington-township-nj-/1243228/

rip

surferman
03-14-2016, 08:52 AM
out on the kayak with buddy Mike- Bought 30 dollars worth of blood worms and grass shrimp to target the perch and stripers in a river in Atlantic County. AS we were pedaling north I got a call from work- mike decided to troll a half ounce white bucktail with a pink zoom trailer. within minutes he hooks up. he releases and within a few more minutes he hooks up and releases again. Both were in the 20" range. I get off the phone we troll around a little more- I have on a red lead head with white swim bait- neither of us hit- but we were marking fish. So we anchor up and through out the bait. I got a couple nibbles on my hi lo but that's it. After about a half hour we decide to go back to trolling bucktails. I had a yellow with an otter tail. Mike had his white pink zoom combo- He hooks up again. He brings the fish in and I ask what size BT- I put the same size on with the red otter tail and cast out- boom I am in. so they wanted white and half ounce. I ended up with 6 total, biggest was around 32"- he bent the hook and I lost him right at the yak. Mikey ended up with 9 total. He kept two of his for the table, All mine went back in. Oh yeah- outgoing tide. Water temp 55 degrees.

Awesome report thanks for sharing. Amazing that there would be such a difference between yellow and white when it came to your catches.

lostatsea
03-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Monco right before sunset. Tossed bucktail, SP, needlefish and tsunami eel. Nada. Great conditions out there a slight mist and perfect bass weather. Like you guys said it's gonna happen soon just have to be out there when it does.

jigfreak
03-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Picked up a few shorts last nite in the back on rubber. Near top of the incoming, pink zooms. Spearing were thick.

finchaser
03-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Way to go JF

down here in Florida fishing still miss my bass

cowherder
03-15-2016, 08:44 AM
nice going jig. Seems like rubber is the way to go right now well done.

cowherder
03-15-2016, 08:45 AM
finchaser you're down in florida? What's the weather like? Any decent fish this time of year, tarpon or snook?:HappyWave:

seamonkey
03-15-2016, 09:49 AM
jf good job thanks for sharing.

bababooey
03-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Way to go JF

down here in Florida fishing still miss my bass

Are you really fishing or are you in fla :plastered: and :bigeyes: at the spring break girls?:HappyWave:

lostatsea
03-15-2016, 01:51 PM
Went out this weekend again. Got the skunk again. I heard they were getting them at the points inland, tackle shop report. With the water temperatures being this high and all the bunker it has to break wide open soon.

storminsteve
03-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Are you really fishing or are you in fla :plastered: and :bigeyes: at the spring break girls?:HappyWave:

Maybe hes doing a little of both. Told the wife he is fishing and took off with his buddies all the old timers that dark always talks about. Then when done fishing for the day they hit the strip clubs and trade stripers for strippers. Bada bing!

jigfreak
03-16-2016, 09:46 AM
In the back last night. Incoming tide. Small bass were popping on spearing. Picked up a few. Rubber

jigfreak
03-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Fished for a few hours after the meeting tonight. Picked up a another handful of shorts up to 27 and a half inches on rubber. spearing still where I left them the other night

hookset
03-17-2016, 02:58 AM
Nice going. 2 nights in a row for you. Must be pretty active in your area.

Blazin420
03-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Awesome job Jigfreak...great report...u STILL haven't been able to get out!! Daddy responsibility getting in the way lol....And of course I can get away tomorrow evening night but not liking the wind forcast arghhh!

buckethead
03-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Took a walk along my usual beach this morning. No fishing just scouting. There are some bunker around in the ocean. Not that common in march, according to my logs.

Monty
03-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Nice reports jigfreak, good to hear you are catching on artificials.
Sounds like snow on the way Sunday.

robmedina
03-17-2016, 06:16 PM
good report JF. Should be good this weekend!***** edit- this weekend sucked LOL!

cowherder
03-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Nice going guys. I fished moco last night. Heard reports of bunker but I didn't see any. Just one dead one on the beach. A few guys slinging snot, said they had one small striper and that was it. I tried by a marine where the bait usually stacks up and one other place. Tossing small rubber. nice night. Got the skunk.

surferman
03-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Fished the delaware yesterday after work. Had some leftover worms, should of bought fresh. Went at the last minute because the bad weather is forecast for this weekend and I felt it would screw the fishing up for a few days. Wound up with 2 white perch and one smallish catfish.

lostatsea
03-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Mo Co yesterday 6-7:30pm with clams. nada. Did have some small bites, maybe winter flounder?

hookset
03-19-2016, 08:46 AM
Fished out front for sunrise today and about and hour after. Very calm water, outgoing tide. Saw some birds working way out. Bucktails, shads, and plugs. Nothing for me. Still a good morning to be out there before the storm.

finchaser
03-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Back from Florida
Recap caught snook and other reef fish

Weather was hot very windy hard to get out into the ocean water warmed up from 65 to 75 since I was there 3 weeks ago

Water in St, Lucy and Indian rivers is extremely dirty and semi polluted since the Army Corp of Morons drained 4.4 billions gallons of fresh water from Lake Occachobie into them instead of into the Everglades which has a drought do to farms pumping out 74,000 gallons a minute for irrigation.

So the aqua water that is usually around Stuart inlet is now like mud to 4 miles out on the out going tide so as usual what ever the ACOE are involved in turns to SH_T

Blue fish are still down there some of the surf guys caught them on incoming when water cleaned up a tad

Monty
03-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Back from Florida
Recap caught snook and other reef fish

Weather was hot very windy hard to get out into the ocean water warmed up from 65 to 75 since I was there 3 weeks ago

Blue fish are still down there some of the surf guys caught them on incoming when water cleaned up a tad

Welcome back Fin, nice to see you were into some fish.

Blazin420
03-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Sounds like a good time in FLA fin!! Those bastards in the ACOE ruin things were ever they go!!!!!

buckethead
03-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Good to see you back finchaser. There was a meeting last wednesday about a proposed nms. Hope we can count on your support.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10294-ALERT-Sandy-Hook-Bay-National-Marine-Sanctuary/page2

storminsteve
03-20-2016, 10:24 AM
:HappyWave:Welcome back sir. Glad to hear you got some fishing in. There was talk of you being down there just to ogle the spring break girls. Do you have any bikini or fish pics for us? Hope you and dark will be getting along this time. If not we'll have to put you two into an arena, Ben Hur style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLJdzky63BA

storminsteve
03-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Just a matter of days, gentlemen. That storm turned out to be a dud and shouldn't affect water temps that much. It's been in the mid 40's, ocean and bay. Time for the striped catfish to start nosing in the mud. I'm psyched.

finchaser
03-21-2016, 03:35 PM
Here you go SS

fishinmission78
03-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Nice going finchaser, slightly jealous. Nice snook there. What was the plug that he hit?

fishinmission78
03-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Fishing report, fished the back in oc this morning. Wind was pretty sucky. caught nada. Water is pretty warm fellas get out there they be a stirring.

cowherder
03-22-2016, 07:24 AM
great catches thanks for sharing. Fish id for the one on the top left with the yellow tail? thanks

finchaser
03-22-2016, 08:13 AM
great catches thanks for sharing. Fish id for the one on the top left with the yellow tail? thanks

Lane Snapper the one in rag is a Vermillion snapper and the brightly colored one is a queen trigger fish

plugcrazy
03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Nice job you really laid a hammering on those fish. Thanks for sharing it's good so see some fish pics while we wait for the stripers.

storminsteve
03-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Nice going and good job. Thanks for sharing finchaser. Will be out there this weekend hoping for an early season resident.

ledhead36
03-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Fished 3 1/2 hrs last night around the moon tides. Picked up 4 shorts on clams. All in the same 1/2 hour period. Still a little slow out there. With the warmer water things should be heating up soon.

ledhead36
03-24-2016, 04:19 PM
finchaser nice job on the fish.

finchaser
03-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys, when are we all meeting for a beer winter is almost over . Yeah I know its spring

ledhead36
03-24-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm at GGR near Laurence Harbor now watching the dollar parade of girls walking by. Come on up and I'll buy you a beer and we can watch the boobies Shake. In about a half hour getting ready to go out and fish high tide if no one comes out to drink with me. That goes for you too dark you clam eater, wherever you are.

lostatsea
03-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Gotta give it to you man you are out there in all kinds of weather! Did you end up fishing last night or just stay and watch the go go chicks?
I fished OC, from 8-12 on the incomming tide. There was lots of bait everywhere. Spearing and such. I heard fish popping on them but not one would take my offering! Threw the sp, bombers, and small plugs and could not get a hit. Very frustrating. Back again after the rain.

Happy easter to all the guys here and their families.

VSdreams
03-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Fished last night got the cold skunk dance. My wife doesn't trust me out there for hours at a time. Hopefully soon I can catch some stripers to prove her wrong.

porgy75
03-28-2016, 12:39 PM
I was out fishing moco on saturday in the evening. Incoming tide. Didn't catch anything so on the way home decided to stop at a few marinas near high tide and check out the situation. At one place I found a bunch of what looked like garden worms and they were all twirling in the water. There had to be between 10 and 20 of them. I will try to look for the thread on worms and ask the question there as well if anyone knows if they could def be marine worms?

basshunter
03-28-2016, 06:16 PM
Nice going gents. Tried my luck in Mo Co in the front this weekend. Was too nice not to. The surf wasn't that big and the ocean was beautiful. Unfortunately I could not find anyone home despite trying several beaches. Will be back out again this weekend, good luck out there.

hookset
03-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Went out the last two nights in the row in the back in OC.
Sunday night did fairly well, a handful of dinks and one keeper, released.
last night the wind was crazy and it was too much got blanked.
artificial of choice was a pink bass assassin on a light jig head.

baitstealer
03-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Nice going! Way to stick it out there and keep at it.

VSdreams
03-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Fished the bay last night with clams. Picked up 3 short stripers. Nice night out there, got a little chilly in the end.

Monty
03-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Sunday night did fairly well, a handful of dinks and one keeper, released.

Fished the bay last night with clams. Picked up 3 short stripers. Nice night out there, got a little chilly in the end.

Congrats on getting out and finding some action guys, :thumbsup: on the release