PDA

View Full Version : Experiences in 2015 to use in 2016

Monty
01-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Any experiences in 2015 that will impact your 2016 fishing?

My biggest lesson, or enlightenment was that I need to be fishing deeper more often in the water I have been fishing this past year.
Each year I have been fishing less on top, but I need to be deeper way more than on top, made strides this past year and in 2016 need to follow through a lot more.

finchaser
01-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Don't give up old school for passing fads old school has stood the test of time

jigfreak
01-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Dont believe the hype. You can catch more fish on rubber or bucktail when they are feeding on small bait or when its cold water. How many cows were caught in NJ this year with humongo wood?

surferman
01-03-2016, 11:26 AM
When the stripers are thick, get out and fish every chance I get. I missed a few good times last year because of work and thinking I would get them on the weekend and then they were gone.

justsalt
02-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Got to get out early. If the sun is already up when I am breaking the inlet, it is too late.

basshunter
02-02-2016, 08:56 AM
^^^^^ I agree. How about fishing at night do you do any of that?

captnemo
02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Got to get out early. If the sun is already up when I am breaking the inlet, it is too late.

A fellow Capt, welcome aboard. I would add that it's terrible fishing on weekends when the bite is hot. Much better if you can steal away on a weekday or weeknight.

fishinmission78
02-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Don't give up on the fish after dec1. there was a nice push of decent fish this December. I didn't anticipate that from looking at previous logs. almost missed out on it

Monty
02-02-2016, 09:29 PM
^^^^^ I agree. How about fishing at night do you do any of that?

My most productive fishing this year was between 1:30 AM and 5:00 AM.
I had many trips end with nothing between 6:00 and 9:00 AM this year.

Sunrises are nice, but I get bummed a bit on first sight of light.

plugcrazy
02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Any experiences in 2015 that will impact your 2016 fishing?

My biggest lesson, or enlightenment was that I need to be fishing deeper more often in the water I have been fishing this past year.

I want to try to fish inlets more because that is where the fish come in and out of. It's hard to find a good inlet because a lot of them are being dredged. Maybe I will try to target the IBSP and LBI sides of the barnegat inlet at night. Heard of some big bass caught there at night in the deep.

baitstealer
02-04-2016, 10:23 AM
I like that idea. There is a LOT of boat traffic in most of the inlets. I suppose it might be good to fish in the dead of night.

finchaser
02-04-2016, 12:02 PM
For years especially in a northeaster a buck tail fished deep was almost a guaranteed fish. But sadly in this day and age with constant dredging of sand from inlets from do to the constant beach replenishment everything is covered with silt. There is very little life in and around the rocks for bass to seek out even fluke fishing has dropped off.

More destruction by the Army Corp of Morons they listen to no one

There's the right way
There's the wrong way
Then there's the totally wrong way that's their way