PDA

View Full Version : Flounder 2016

finchaser
02-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Opens tomorrow March 1st same as last year 2 fish at 12"

lostatsea
03-01-2016, 08:12 AM
Guys, any thoughts on a good place to get them from land? Heard shark river is supposed to be the best.

finchaser
03-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Guys, any thoughts on a good place to get them from land? Heard shark river is supposed to be the best.

off the wall in shark river stop in fisherman's den ask for Bobby or Walt they will give you good advice

VSdreams
03-01-2016, 03:54 PM
I was thinking that too. And also wondering why that spot seems to be the best for early flounder, and Raritan Bay is not so hot. Is it because of all the fyke nets in Raritan Bay and they take all the flounder there?

finchaser
03-01-2016, 05:25 PM
I was thinking that too. And also wondering why that spot seems to be the best for early flounder, and Raritan Bay is not so hot. Is it because of all the fyke nets in Raritan Bay and they take all the flounder there?

large mussel beds

hookset
03-01-2016, 10:58 PM
off the wall in shark river stop in fisherman's den ask for Bobby or Walt they will give you good advice

from nj.com tonight -Bob Matthews said some anglers were trying for flounder this morning from the docks at Belmar Marina. He has bait in stock at Fisherman's Den, and notes that the piled up snow has finally melted off to leave all fishing areas available.

^^ Was wondering if Ristori gets his info from you guys finchaser. You posted that in the morning, and he coincidentally posted the same thing tonight. Not that shark river tennis courts are any big secret though.

finchaser
03-02-2016, 09:20 AM
I do see Al at least 3 to 4 days a week along with others and he picks brains before writing his blog:huh:

Bobby and I talk or text almost on a daily basis we have fished together since the 70's