PDA

View Full Version : Bass regs

finchaser
03-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Bass regs will be the same as 2015 including the bonus tag with no meetings in 2016 even though

ASMFC is moving stripers from the present list to the concerned list, lets wait till its too late before doing something

So NJ will be 1 fish 28 to 43 and one fish over 43 the rest of the Striper Coast will be 1 fish over 28"

Bonus fish of 24" not to exceed 28" kicks 9/1/16 until 12/31/16

If, when they crash NJ will be the scape goat

bababooey
03-07-2016, 01:29 PM
So NJ will be 1 fish 28 to 43 and one fish over 43 the rest of the Striper Coast will be 1 fish over 28"

Bonus fish of 24" not to exceed 28" kicks 9/1/16 until 12/31/16

If, when they crash NJ will be the scape goat

I'm sorry maybe I should have been paying more attention to this, and to be honest it's not big on my to do list.whatever striper regulations they put out, I will try to abide by.
maybe this has been answered before, but how can New Jersey be the only state that has a higher limit than every other state?
doesn't it make sense for all states to be on the same page?
I also feel the same way when the population would increase. If there are higher limits I feel that they should be the same all up and down the coast. like I said I should probably know the answer to this but half of those regulations and hearings seem like a chemistry test to me.

finchaser
03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
we have no commercial fishery so we get there quota the for the bonus the other fish is Fote lying and supplying false info to the NJ council and governor

williehookem
03-07-2016, 05:37 PM
maybe this has been answered before, but how can New Jersey be the only state that has a higher limit than every other state?
doesn't it make sense for all states to be on the same page?
I also feel the same way when the population would increase. If there are higher limits I feel that they should be the same all up and down the coast. like I said I should probably know the answer to this but half of those regulations and hearings seem like a chemistry test to me.

My thoughts exactly.
Fellas I have much respect for you and your site. I feel you try to present different sides of every issue fairly, all good. Think it's highly unfair that you can keep 3 striped bass in NJ if you want. We had to cut down our take. Same for rhode island and mass. It seems jersey is a bunch of greedy pigs. I don't want to start a war here but it's just not fair. My .02.

finchaser
03-07-2016, 05:57 PM
My thoughts exactly.
Fellas I have much respect for you and your site. I feel you try to present different sides of every issue fairly, all good. Think it's highly unfair that you can keep 3 striped bass in NJ if you want. We had to cut down our take. Same for rhode island and mass. It seems jersey is a bunch of greedy pigs. I don't want to start a war here but it's just not fair. My .02.

I agree with you 110%

surfstix1963
03-08-2016, 06:38 AM
A couple more years there won't be anything worth fishing for.It has been a repeat of the 80's for the last 10 years, but this time they will not be back with the current management.

finchaser
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
A couple more years there won't be anything worth fishing for.It has been a repeat of the 80's for the last 10 years, but this time they will not be back with the current management.

So sad but true I never thought it would happen again in my life but what do I know

surferman
03-08-2016, 09:08 AM
What's wrong with you guys? According to all our leaders and "fisheries management" the stripers are in PERFECT shape and no issues at all. :rolleyes:After all if there was a problem don't you think they would make the limit less than 3? So logically them being in perfect shape we don't have to worry about it anymore. Crazy logic to me, don't you think?:kooky:

surferman
03-08-2016, 09:08 AM

So sad but true I never thought it would happen again in my life but what do I know

THANK you for the honesty.