PDA

View Full Version : Recreational Fishing Alliance, representing who?? Not me!!!

Monty
03-20-2016, 05:35 PM
The Recreational Fishing Alliance surely is not representing the recreational fisherman.
They represent the charter boat captains and the party boat captains and the almighty $$

Looking to open up part of the EEZ zone to kill more breeders.

https://zeldin.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rep-zeldin-s-bill-long-island-fishermen-passes-house-natural-resources

When states and recreational fisherman are trying to save the Striped Bass population here they are kissing the charter boat and the party boat captains asses big time.
Jim Donofrio is another Tom Fote, goes where the dollar is.

Per the press release:

The Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) said, "RFA is proud to support this important legislation for our members who fish for striped bass in these waters. The legislation will have a positive effect for fishermen and our related marine businesses when stripers are in that area while having no negative conservation effect on striped bass stocks. A big thanks to Lee Zeldin for working out this complex issue that his predecessor couldn't fix."

The Connecticut Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) said, "The Connecticut RFA strongly endorses H.R. 3070. Congressman Zeldin's bill eliminates a unique issue that places federal waters inside an area that is bounded by state waters. The current regulatory scenario can result in anglers being in violation of the law by the simple act of transiting these waters when returning from a fishing trip while in possession of striped bass, including recreational fishing boats from Connecticut. Allowing fishing for striped bass and possession of striped bass in this area eliminates a complex issue and allows for local control. The act does not create conflict with the Connecticut based commercial fishing fleet who can still fish these waters with a federal permit."

bababooey
03-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Doesn't that have something to do with block island fishing? I'm not sure but remember reading that. Maybe on this site or somewhere else. I don't fish up that way so not sure why they would do it. Do you know?

storminsteve
03-21-2016, 02:31 PM
That sucks. Can someone tell us more about it and why the rfa would get involved in it?

rockhopper
03-21-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't know much about it either. Remember it was about the legality of fishing the BI area and whether that was 3 miles from shore or not. Sorry if this isn't completely accurate, the best I can do. Wasn't there a thread here on this?

Monty
03-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Wasn't there a thread here on this?

Finchaser brought this up here http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10285-EEZ-fishing-write-your-Representatives-save-the-bass&highlight=3070

I kinda reiterated it:HappyWave:

cowherder
03-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Doesn't that have something to do with block island fishing? I'm not sure but remember reading that. Maybe on this site or somewhere else. I don't fish up that way so not sure why they would do it. Do you know?

Found the link
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?10272-Law-for-EEZ-fishing-near-Block-Island

cowherder
03-22-2016, 07:21 AM
The thread said it was proposed back in 2015 and did not pass.

Would be interesting to see if it works out. I think they tried it before and it didn't pass.

So why the hoopla about it now? Isn't this kind of a dead issue?

finchaser
03-22-2016, 07:58 AM
Charter and head boats are the recreational sector. All the surf guys on block island had to quit bass fishing. The law up there would be 1 fish. The real issue is NJ with the 3 fish BS the RFA fought against that. The useless group is the JCAA and Fote they are bad for bass

Monty
03-22-2016, 12:31 PM
The thread said it was proposed back in 2015 and did not pass.

So why the hoopla about it now? Isn't this kind of a dead issue?

I just felt like saying something bad about the RFA.

surferman
03-22-2016, 08:03 PM
The useless group is the JCAA and Fote they are bad for bass

I don't know why the jcaa is still in existence. They certainly don't do anything that I as a fisherman in s jersey wold be interested in.

surferman
03-22-2016, 08:04 PM
That Fote guy. Isn't he the one that is supposed to be corrupt?

seamonkey
04-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe this sounds stupid but why can't they have some sort of liaison for all the peeps who fish from shore?