PDA

View Full Version : 38lber caught in south jersey back waters

cowherder
04-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Read the report this morning from the tackle shop, can anyone else confirm?
What a nice fish, especially for so early in the season. Nice job and congrats!:clapping::clapping:

fishinmission78
04-01-2016, 03:05 PM
yup yup saw a pic of it on FB. Think it was one of the guys here. Finchaser maybe?

hookset
04-01-2016, 03:51 PM
No doubt. Was the weapon of choice clams, worms, or hotdogs?

bababooey
04-01-2016, 04:11 PM
yup yup saw a pic of it on FB. Think it was one of the guys here. Finchaser maybe?

Maybe it was ds and fc together. Was probably a joint effort of the best baiters around. The master baiter club. Hmmm, who here most closely resembles that remark?:laugh:

finchaser
04-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Not me and the last place you'd find me is on face book especially with a dead fish
What shop did they say and don't forget today is April Fools Day

finchaser
04-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Maybe it was ds and fc together. Was probably a joint effort of the best baiters around. The master baiter club. Hmmm, who here most closely resembles that remark?:laugh:

I don't fish bait and very seldom do I fish with DS usually when he tracks me down dam nomads

jigfreak
04-01-2016, 05:44 PM
Something fishy here. I'll guess it was the super sekrit bunker and clam combo that caught the beast. Or maybe he was using live baby stripers for bait. Thats how I would have got it done.:)

fishinmission78
04-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Not me and the last place you'd find me is on face book especially with a dead fish
What shop did they say and don't forget today is April Fools Day

Some of these guys are such idiots. Just read this, someone posted similar comments on a fishing site and fb as well-
"It's blowing up in jersey!"
Don't everyone start running at once now. smh

lostatsea
04-02-2016, 09:57 AM
Something fishy here. I'll guess it was the super sekrit bunker and clam combo that caught the beast. Or maybe he was using live baby stripers for bait. Thats how I would have got it done.:)

haha love it! I'll add and say it was possibly the clambrella rig. Or someone bought live goldfish at petco and was fishing goldfish with a hot dog teaser. 38 LBS great catch. Sounds like a miracle lol.

hookset
04-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Hot dogs can be very effective as teasers. Don't knock it unless you tried it.;)

VSdreams
04-02-2016, 10:11 AM
So, if you were using a hot dog, you would have to find some kind of way to streamline it for casting, no?

ledhead36
04-02-2016, 12:30 PM
You guys are amateurs. Everyone knows freshly dead kittens is the best bait for early season cow stripers.

surferman
04-02-2016, 03:37 PM
lol.Got one better than that. Heard if you put them out there live and TROLL you can even catch some tuna and other stuff.

VSdreams
04-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Saw a fish close to that size caught today in north jersey.

plugcrazy
04-03-2016, 07:06 AM
:kooky: Baiting your hook with live kittens? Man this is some nutty stuff going on in this thread. don't know if it was an april fools prank or what. There was a fish over 40lbs reports by fhq, maybe that was it?
"On Easter's report we mentioned word from the west side was good. The proof is in the pudding! Just a couple days ago Bob Bott tagged and released a trophy 40, possibly 50+ pound bass. Don't go chase the report, 1000+ others are already on that train. Just goes to show the fish are here in Jersey. You just have to put the time in and find them."

cowherder
04-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Hey guys this was just an april fools joke. I picked a striper size so big I thought everyone would question it.

I screwed up because there really are a few around that big. My report was totally false and just trying for some humor around here so I apologize if anyone took it the wrong way. Congrats to the guys who really DID catch some of the bigger fish in the other thread. That's no small feat for march or april.

cowherder
04-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Hot dogs can be very effective as teasers. Don't knock it unless you tried it.;)

You guys are amateurs. Everyone knows freshly dead kittens is the best bait for early season cow stripers.

lol.Got one better than that. Heard if you put them out there live and TROLL you can even catch some tuna and other stuff.

LOL I guess you guys are the ones that figured out the report was a bogus april fools report and played along. Thanks and kudos!

I am shocked monty didn't chime in when you were talking about trolling live kittens. I remember a thread on here. Something about montys cat house. Very surprised he did not jump in and give you guys some ninja chops.

Monty
04-05-2016, 09:15 PM
LOL I guess you guys are the ones that figured out the report was a bogus april fools report and played along. Thanks and kudos!

I am shocked monty didn't chime in when you were talking about trolling live kittens. I remember a thread on here. Something about montys cat house. Very surprised he did not jump in and give you guys some ninja chops.

:HappyWave:

I was holding back, did not want to start the year off going medieval.

The cats are doing great

http://i0.wp.com/rocksimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2016_2_21_Cats.jpg

bababooey
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
^^^^Heard there was some good *ussy in this thread. Then I open it up and see that? Blech! :upck::HappyWave:

fishinmission78
04-06-2016, 02:19 PM
No offense, dude, but I think you imagine ***** everywhere. if you walked past a dumpster old fish and clams, I think you would smell ***** there too.

surferman
04-06-2016, 03:16 PM
POW! think he slammed you there, man. It's all good though, really enjoyed this keep up the good work.

bababooey
04-06-2016, 11:16 PM
I don't think he slammed me at all. There is a big difference between the fresh scent of a woman and the smell of a dumpster full of clams.:beatin:

basshunter
04-08-2016, 04:06 PM
lol good one. I fell for this hook like and sinker. Thanks for the laughs and good luck fishing.