PDA

View Full Version : They're all over the bay?

baitstealer
04-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Was in walmart in sayreville yesterday and heard 2 boat guys talking about the stripers. One said his friend was killing it for the last few days trolling plugs. Another said yeah but its no big deal they're all over the bay right now. Is that true? It's not what I have seen or heard. What are you guys seeing? thanks

finchaser
04-08-2016, 09:54 PM
not really boats were doing ok on shad rigs and mojos at least that's what is selling at the shop. The land bite is hit or miss on worms. The recent cold nights has shut down artificial bite as per DS last text

hookedonbass
04-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Thats what I was thinking as well. Fished 2 early hot spot places tonight and only one small striper for my efforts. They are definitely not all over where I was, and also according to some of the sharpies I talked to either tonight.

cowherder
04-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Boat fish don't count! If you don't find them in one spot you can drive the boat to 10 more spots until you do. My .02

lostatsea
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM
^^^^ Agreed. Try to walk the beaches for one night. If you can still catch every time and still say they are all over the bay I will tip my hat to you.

ledhead36
04-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Maybe if you have a boat they are. Otherwise you have to keep hoofing it to different places at night till you find them.

surferman
04-13-2016, 08:26 AM
That reminds me of the guys who catch 8 fish and then report it's epic. Same thing.

porgy75
04-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Here's an honest report I read tonight. Apparently they are not all over the bay.

Out ALL DAY LONG in a buddy's boat in Raritan Bay from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tons of boat traffic. Nothing. Not a tap, bump or sniff. Threw the kitchen sink. I assume (hope) that all the fish were right up against the beach and were only accessible to the surf casters. Does anybody have any better results to report?

captnemo
04-17-2016, 09:02 PM
There was a rumor that right now there are only 2 places in raritan bay to go if you want a trophy 40lb or better striper. Any truth to that?

captnemo
04-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Here's an honest report I read tonight. Apparently they are not all over the bay.

More of that from todays miss belmar report/
It was another bad day of fishing. We are seeing more and more bait and more and more life each day, the fish just aren’t ready to bite yet. Hopefully it will break within the next few days. Until then, we will keep reporting, good or not.