PDA

View Full Version : where are the stripers? bluefish? bueller? anyone?

porgy75
04-13-2016, 06:54 PM
I can't believe its the middle of april and the reports are so dismal. Where are all the migrating stripers? Heard of some good reports up in raritan bay and barnegat by the power plant. other than that, nothing in the surf? Even betty and nicks says no one is fishing. Come on fishing people there has to be some fish somewhere? Or is it just a little too cold and they are swimming north bound, will get here after they stop at jiffy lube for an oil change. Whats the deal. I think if more of us were fishing we might find some like the guy from betty and nicks said. What say you guys?

lostatsea
04-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Or is it just a little too cold and they are swimming north bound, will get here after they stop at jiffy lube for an oil change. Whats the deal. I think if more of us were fishing we might find some like the guy from betty and nicks said. What say you guys?

lol at the oil change at jiffy lube. I don't know where the stripers are. They have been elusive for me so far this season. Maybe thinking of going on a boat for some action. Capt Ron's fishermen is making their first trip tomorrow and the boats seem to have been catching them good!
As for the blues I think the big bruiser blues come in from far offshore. I remember reading that somewhere here.

voyager35
04-14-2016, 08:25 PM
We were out trolling and only managed to jig 2 shorts. The big Jamaica reported catching some stripers just off of manasquan today. Hopefully that is a sign of better things to come.

voyager35
04-14-2016, 08:27 PM
lost at sea is correct big bluefish winter offshore and come in from the east. The smaller ones come in from the south. They are getting smaller ones in barnegat bay from what the reports are saying. I would say you will see them all over soon.

cowherder
04-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Let's see, they stop at jiffy lube, then stop at DD for some coffee. Then a detour to Taco bell for some chalupas to fatten up. Then they start eating bunker. Does that sound about right?:)

Blues/ bueller? rofl. Seriously I think last year the blues showed up in the 3rd week of april so it can't be too much longer.

storminsteve
04-15-2016, 08:00 AM
I am chomping at the bit waiting for those big majumbo blues. They can't get here soon enough!

storminsteve
04-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Let's see, they stop at jiffy lube, then stop at DD for some coffee. Then a detour to Taco bell for some chalupas to fatten up. Then they start eating bunker. Does that sound about right?:)

:clapping:haha I like that! No stops at starbucks? It's DD all the way for these jersey fish. We don't need fish with good taste we need fish that taste good!

cowherder
04-19-2016, 12:14 AM
I am chomping at the bit waiting for those big majumbo blues. They can't get here soon enough!

They're here!

hookset
04-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Yep I guess this is a non-issue now. Seems things have heated up all over. Tight lines gents.