PDA

View Full Version : Boat fish DON'T COUNT! (and other fishing myths)

bababooey
04-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Just read Monty's comments and I am a little miffed. Also ending my day with some glenlivet, so trying to mellow out and chill. It just riles me more than a bit though.:plastered:
Boat fish don't count.
Kayak fish don't count.
What are some of the other NJ-Saltwater-Isms that you guys think are ridiculous?

porgy75
04-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Haha thats so funny. Maybe because you can move around a lot? Like if you don't find fish at one spot you can just keep going effortlessly until you do? My .02

porgy75
04-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Oh I got one. unless you catch a fish on your Vaan Stall reel and Crazy alberto rod in the middle of the night at 3am it doesn't count.

lostatsea
04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
LOL! I'll see that and raise you one. Unless you are wearing all that gear, and on the front of a jetty in a noreaster fishing big wood, it doesn't count!

cowherder
04-20-2016, 06:17 PM
It is not a real fish and doesn't count - any fish caught in NJ. Only fish caught in Long Island at Montauk light, or wherever the heck monty fishes, do they count!:headbang::HappyWave:

Monty
04-20-2016, 06:28 PM
It is not a real fish and doesn't count - any fish caught in NJ. Only fish caught in Long Island at Montauk light, or wherever the heck monty fishes, do they count!:headbang::HappyWave:
That's silly, but it is written that Long Island fish fight better than NJ fish. They are of a better class of fish.

cowherder
04-20-2016, 07:03 PM
That's silly, but it is written that Long Island fish fight better than NJ fish. They are of a better class of fish.

Of course they are, if your name is monty.:ROFLMAO:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOCOm9Z0YE

Monty
04-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Of course they are, if your name is monty.:ROFLMAO:)

:HappyWave:
:ROFLMAO

J Barbosa
04-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Monty is lucky he doesn't fish NJ anymore or I would zig zag back and forth over his fishing grounds all night in the boat and kayak. :)

J Barbosa
04-21-2016, 10:23 AM
What I often want to say to surf guys who say "boat fish don't count" is "NEITHER DO CELL PHONE FISH" lol

Not referring to anyone on this website of course!

Monty
04-21-2016, 12:51 PM
What I often want to say to surf guys who say "boat fish don't count" is "NEITHER DO CELL PHONE FISH" lol

:HappyWave:
You mean NJ Surfcasters not LI?
You really are rocking the boat.....

basshunter
04-21-2016, 01:43 PM
What I want to know is WHAT is this NJ vs LI hating? Can't we all just get along and be part of a big beautiful brotherhood of surfcasters?

jigfreak
04-21-2016, 01:57 PM
You are joking about a brotherhood right? If you want to catch fish you learn when to keep your mouth shut or it will be all over fb. You want a brotherhood? Go get a dog, or find some OTB Asian woman to marry and you can have a brotherhood with her and her family sponging off of you.

Monty
04-21-2016, 02:05 PM
You want a brotherhood? Go get a dog.
Or a few cats :idea:.

rockhopper
04-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Haha love this thread! Ill add - you Jersey guys can't catch fish for sh**!!!!!!!!! You all need a boat to do it. Also I visited jersey a few times during those striper blitzes. You pussi** all stand around and wait for one guy to catch fish and then you all run down and mug him. What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.:HappyWave:

porgy75
04-21-2016, 02:44 PM
You guys are sick! Keep em coming lmao.

storminsteve
04-21-2016, 03:23 PM
What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.:HappyWave:

Where do you get the best bagels? NJ
Where do you get the best pizza? NJ
Where do you get the best pork roll sandwiches? NJ
Who has the best beach bikini girls? NJ
What state has the most miles of bass and bluefish coastline? NJ
Anyone who just wants to fish LI or any other state and doesn't like NJ, don't let the door hit you on the *** when leaving our state! We also have the best vinegar fries too. And hamburgers.:HappyWave:

surferman
04-21-2016, 03:35 PM
lol x2! You should try the vinegar fries in ocean city!

Monty
04-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Haha love this thread! Ill add - you Jersey guys can't catch fish for sh**!!!!!!!!! You all need a boat to do it. Also I visited jersey a few times during those striper blitzes. You pussi** all stand around and wait for one guy to catch fish and then you all run down and mug him. What kind of dedication is that. What a bunch of weak a** pansies you jersey guys are. 90% of you have never fished rocks in the middle of the night. You are the ones that come up to Montauk, fall down and never come back because it's too hard wah wah.:HappyWave:

Exactly why left NJ!!!!!
Plus the beach replenishment crap.
Long Island, Hell Yeah!!!!! :viking:

finchaser
04-21-2016, 07:49 PM
Especially fish caught from a boat on bait should be :banned:

bababooey
04-22-2016, 01:48 PM
I couldn't help noticing, don't you fish on boats with bait as well?:d

finchaser
04-22-2016, 11:16 PM
only live

storminsteve
04-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Butthurt alert!

finchaser
04-23-2016, 11:15 PM
must have something to do with the MECA :don't know why:

robmedina
04-24-2016, 04:05 AM

LOL- so true! I am getting this shirt.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20192&stc=1

baitstealer
04-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Xd on the vinegar fries!

baitstealer
04-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Butthurt alert!

what do you mean by that?

CharlieTuna
04-05-2017, 07:36 AM
LOL- so true! I am getting this shirt.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20192&stc=1

Agreed. There could be miles of beach and if someone sees you catching a fish five guys will come in and be clustered around that one person.

VSdreams
04-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Here's one for you guys. Trolled fish don't count, it's too easy.

Monty
04-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Here's one for you guys. Trolled fish don't count, it's too easy.

We are on the same page!
:HappyWave::thumbsup:

cowherder
04-07-2017, 05:54 AM
How about this? Fish don't count unless they are cought at Montauk after midnight fishing bucktails during a full moon Northeaster!

Monty
04-07-2017, 10:04 AM
How about this? Fish don't count unless they are cought at Montauk after midnight fishing bucktails during a full moon Northeaster!
South shore also with with South winds at 25 MPH+.

Realistically, boat and kayak fishing is an easier way to find and catch fish. And for some people they enjoy that type of fishing, which is great. I have enough trouble and fun fishing from sand and rocks, and that is where I prefer to spend my time. And rough weather just makes it more fun. Its the experience for me, and whatever "floats your boat" good for y'all. Although if you have a boat, I will not be upset if it sinks. :HappyWave:

bababooey
04-07-2017, 11:42 AM
You want to talk about how tough you are try going 40 miles offshore and trying to make it home with a head sea in front of you. 25mph winds from the shore that's hardcore? Pffft, child's play.:HappyWave:

bababooey
04-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Another thing, seems to me if you hate boats so much maybe it would be good if you ever spent time on one, to get some perspective of all the work involved. It's not always so easy!:beatin: