PDA

View Full Version : fishing in the rain?

hookedonbass
05-06-2016, 10:01 AM
I feel like I did terribly last night, guys. One hit and I lost it! What a doofus.Then it rained and I quit because I got all wet. Maybe the fish were still biting? I can't help wondering if I could have missed some. The rain just got too intense.
do you guys feel in your experience, that the fish still hit well when it rains hard? And what do you do when it's raining and you think there are fish there. Thanks

Monty
05-06-2016, 12:52 PM
I like fishing in the rain. Had a couple very good trips in horizontal pouring rain.
Only thing that stops me is muddy badly stained water.

finchaser
05-06-2016, 01:12 PM
What he^^^said. It doesn't matter we have been catching good in this rainy weather all week from dawn to dark plus fish don't care they are already wet:HappyWave:I always do better under overcast conditions

fishinmission78
05-06-2016, 01:28 PM
what finchaser said. heavy rains I have seen turn off a blue fish bite, but Bass when they are feeding seem to hit in all conditions once you find them. get some quality rain gear and fish.

J Barbosa
05-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I like rainy weather preferably during the day. At night it can get chilly without the right gear. If your not catching that chill puts an end to your night really quickly!

baitstealer
05-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Like you said the fish don't care because they're already wet!

robmedina
05-08-2016, 11:36 AM
I like being on the kayak on a windless/ near windless day and it start pouring- the dimples on the water and watching the water move is somewhat hypnotic and relaxing.

cowherder
05-08-2016, 11:55 AM
^^^^Great description, dimples on the water. Must be awesome to have the kayak and be able to go places where other folks cant go to find the fish.