PDA

View Full Version : Peeing, pooping, parking, fish racks, and other common sense issues

fishinmission78
05-06-2016, 01:26 PM
This is common sense and shouldn't even have to be talked about, but I fear we will lose some more spots this year. I will start off by saying that I am disgusted. I've seen a popular spot in Ocean County where guys come in a nice neighborhood, and then when they're done they pee in the street next to their car or truck. what the hell is wrong with you fellas? why can't people pee in the woods or against a tree somewhere where it doesn't smell?
if anyone else is seeing simular stuff, please post up, thanks.

seamonkey
05-06-2016, 01:42 PM
LMAO! You are right when you said this should be common sense. When guys need to be told how to act like grown men, our society is in real bad shape.

baitstealer
05-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Omg this is ctfu funny!

surferman
05-07-2016, 12:46 AM
One thing I can add is that sometimes at places where they have porta potties they don't empty them enough. Either that or they get used heavily, and are full of crap. I wish fishermen would take better care of their toilet area when they use that.
it's like half of them out there must be drunk or something like that.

finchaser
05-12-2016, 11:05 AM
4/7 Thu AM New Moon Tides
Slept in my vehicle, hoping for activity. Got out there, wind was howling a steady 25 mph with stronger gusts. Finding a lee from the wind is so important in cases like this. I know I have talked about that before.

AS in DS slept in car( not me ) there goes another neighbor hood frowned upon in most towns

DarkSkies
05-12-2016, 01:11 PM
You know you're never happy you grouchy basstid! On that date I was nowhere near your town and wasn't even fishing in your county. In fact the area was commercially zoned.
It's a choice to do that, and damned uncomfortable as I sleep wrapped up in a thin blanket. But it is my choice.
I'm always respectful wherever I end up sleeping. Whenever I run into LE, I make it a point to introduce myself and to make sure I am complying with the laws of each town or borough.

You're not going to get me to bark at you today pal.:HappyWave:
I don't have the time or energy. We just lost another good one in the fishing community and that's my focus for today.
Blessings to all, and I pray for peace for those who would accept it.

cowherder
05-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Don't pee on wooden bulkheads. The smell lingers long after you leave.

baitstealer
05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
I enjoy this thread and learning how you decide to strategize it is very informative. I hope you guys don't fight again.

storminsteve
05-12-2016, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't worry about it just the usual S&A banter. They remind me of 2 old grizzly bears growling at each other when they're bored and not eating salmon.

dogfish
05-13-2016, 03:50 AM
They should eat jelly beans instead of salmon. Too much salmon and you get constipated.

finchaser
05-13-2016, 06:38 AM
Not grouchy they shut down an area to us near a park where he slept for 4 days last week people complained to cops. Towns frown upon it and he promotes it. For the record salmon ,bass and bluefish IMO suck to eat especially bass over 10 pound which now feed on bunker like bluefish not much difference. Never ate or will eat salmon most is farm raised like tilapia and really sucks do to the conditions they are raised in

jigfreak
05-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Don't want to burn spots here, but would that be Maxon Avenue?
I have been fishing that area and the river places for the last two weeks and it is so burned on facebook it is not funny.
Some ********* is posting multiple videos on betty and nicks facebook of him catching big blue fish. He even has pictures of the docks and treasure island in the background. if you guys want to fight and bicker,have at it. There is a lot of facebook spot burning of specific spots going on and no one to stop these a**hats.
Then they will whine like little girls when the fishing is closed up.
Dark if you feel my comments are out of line feel free to edit.

hookset
05-13-2016, 09:02 AM
You guys must be talking about Garry Mcguigan.
I call him Garry McGoogan. Some guys can't keep it to themselves and have to tell the world. Personally, I think he's a tool bag.

plugcrazy
05-13-2016, 11:00 AM
What the heck is wrong with you two? Aren't you older gentlemen, & beyond the stage of fighting like Grumpy Old Men? Come on fellas please stop it it's getting old.

plugcrazy
05-13-2016, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't worry about it just the usual S&A banter. They remind me of 2 old grizzly bears growling at each other when they're bored and not eating salmon.

Haha I love this, quote of the week!

cowherder
05-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Garry McGoogan that is hilarious! Now, when someone does something stupid like spot burning instead of saying don't be such a googan, you can say don't be such a gary mcgoogan.

cowherder
05-13-2016, 12:13 PM
What the heck is wrong with you two? Aren't you older gentlemen, & beyond the stage of fighting like Grumpy Old Men? Come on fellas please stop it it's getting old.
X2

lostatsea
05-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Lol imagine being stuck with the name gary mcgugan for the rest of your life. Instead of slamming this guy we should feel sorry for him.

finchaser
05-14-2016, 07:18 AM

If your referring to me were not fighting and if it offends you don't read it. There is no reason to sleep in a vehicle for 4 days. Your right its getting old and a waste of my time posting here

cowherder
05-14-2016, 10:59 AM
No offense finchaser, but if the guy wants to do it why does it matter to you?
I can't believe he slept in his car for 4 days that must be an exaggeration! I never know when you guys are teasing or not.did you at least offer him the use of your shower? He must have smelled pretty bad lmao.

porgy75
05-14-2016, 01:59 PM
finchaser and dark skies I have learned a lot from both of you and just want to say what the others have said that I feel bad when you guys fight. So please don't.

finchaser
05-14-2016, 03:59 PM
No offense finchaser, but if the guy wants to do it why does it matter to you?
I can't believe he slept in his car for 4 days that must be an exaggeration! I never know when you guys are teasing or not.did you at least offer him the use of your shower? He must have smelled pretty bad lmao.

None taken. He did do it he smelt like sh_t was there from Saturday till Tuesday He has done it many times before even had to spray him with fabreeze once. It mattered to me because people called the police and complained and all access is now denied there. In general people should not sleep in cars for days art a time in residential neighborhoods period.

WERE NOT FIGHTING READ THE CATCH AND BLUEFISH POST HE SURPRISED US AND JOINED US FOR BREAKFAST THE OTHRER DAY

jigfreak
05-14-2016, 05:48 PM
I already posted this, I guess you're not on Facebook. Go to Facebook do a search for Garry Mcguigan. Or go to the Betty & Nick's report site. Maxxon ave has been burned about 5x in the last 2 weeks. Pics and videos.

jigfreak
05-14-2016, 05:51 PM
Also there was a tool who was catching bluefish and laying them out in the street while he kept fishing. I'm sure that has something to do with it. Saw the police tape there now. I would like to **** on his SUV.

VSdreams
05-14-2016, 06:42 PM
I already posted this, I guess you're not on Facebook. Go to Facebook do a search for Garry Mcguigan. Or go to the Betty & Nick's report site. Maxxon ave has been burned about 5x in the last 2 weeks. Pics and videos.

Lmao gary mcguigan will become to spot burning what johnny bucktails is to catch and release.

cowherder
05-15-2016, 08:27 AM
FC it really would be much better if you guys got along. You do seem to be angry a lot and kind of a grouch. Totally sick of the negativity. Just my 2 cents

lostatsea
05-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Dont know that place well but wouldn't that qualify as residential? I was there a while time ago to visit my grandparents and remember a small park with a small parking lot. what is the point of posting something like this. Would it not make it bad for everyone?

from the internet
Username: bhackemup
"Monday late afternoon there was a bluefish blitz at the old Point Hospital site (Riverfront Park) Many 10-12 lb. fish landed just in case you need to see a pole bend. Fun Stuff!"

fishinmission78
05-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Unbelievable. What a d**sh. I think someone on this site talked about this problem as well, sharkhart? He was saying its all over facebook and it is. how many people will be walking those back paths through the condos and jumping over fences when the fish move from the park to 500 yards north or south. I can bet you one thing
bhackemup doesnt live anywhere close to the park because he is a turd burglar for posting that.

buckethead
05-17-2016, 10:46 AM
I don't think there's a way to stop this, because social media is everywhere. I do think it's a shame that a lot of the young folk don't want to put in the hours to learn how to catch fish on their own. The areas I fish regularly, I don't see that many fishermen in the morning because it's probably a little discouraging to catch fish by casting and casting. Many of the newer anglers don't seem to want to do that. My .02

hookset
05-17-2016, 12:41 PM
That's nothing like the old days, when if you wanted a fish you had to go and work for 1. now, you can just order one up from the internet, and go stand next to the guys who are catching without putting in any work at all. Awesome.

cowherder
05-17-2016, 01:51 PM
Well said. What's next, guys with white signs standing on the way to the fishing spots with the arrows pointing to where the fish are? like they do with the car washes on saturday mornings!

J Barbosa
05-17-2016, 04:14 PM
None taken. He did do it he smelt like sh_t was there from Saturday till Tuesday He has done it many times before even had to spray him with fabreeze once. It mattered to me because people called the police and complained and all access is now denied there. In general people should not sleep in cars for days art a time in residential neighborhoods period.

WERE NOT FIGHTING READ THE CATCH AND BLUEFISH POST HE SURPRISED US AND JOINED US FOR BREAKFAST THE OTHRER DAY

You should let him use your shower, eat your food and then crash on your couch.

finchaser
05-17-2016, 10:32 PM
FC it really would be much better if you guys got along. You do seem to be angry a lot and kind of a grouch. Totally sick of the negativity. Just my 2 cents

Find I'll stop posting here no problem enjoy ,I was doing him a favor by helping you guys . I'm sure hell find some one else's brain to pick and report.

bababooey
05-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Hoo boy. methinks someone likes to criticize but has trouble taking a little constructive criticism in return? the fellas make fun of me all the time. you think I let it bother me? I just shrug it off. Have two scotches you'll feel better in the morning. Be sure to drink a quality blend or a single malt, though.:d

jigfreak
05-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Simmer down fellas. Time for kumbaya and milk and cookies?

jigfreak
05-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Have two scotches you'll feel better in the morning. Be sure to drink a quality blend or a single malt, though.:d
Recommendations on the single malt?

surferman
05-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Lmao kumbaya!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSUmzMi-vwQ

storminsteve
05-18-2016, 10:37 PM
Cmon guys no need to growl the weather is fine and fishing is great! Catch em up.

storminsteve
05-18-2016, 10:38 PM
Recommendations on the single malt?

X2 would love to know what the infamous bababooey drinks behind the privacy of closed doors.

fishinmission78
05-19-2016, 08:36 AM
Cmon guys no need to growl the weather is fine and fishing is great! Catch em up.

X2 I enjoy the reports and the back and forth ball busting. This is the only site I post on, don't have time for the dilly-ness elsewhere. Fwiw it's time to fish. Put bickering on the back burner until the winter when we can all enjoy it.:d

surfrob
05-19-2016, 11:43 AM
where else to post this: one of my biggest challenges of "older age" is dealing with #2 in the mornings. It's a bummer and I have to plan strategically. It has hindered my fishing for sure.

ok, carry on.

https://www.pehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/dartboard.jpg

seamonkey
05-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Lmao maybe some want to start wearing diapers. I will be there soon too myself!

baitstealer
05-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Lol this thread is strangely repulsive and entertaining at the same time.

lostatsea
05-22-2016, 08:54 AM
It's like a train wreck you can't look away. What's next pics of the best porta-potties? pics of guys wearing depends?:wow:

plugcrazy
06-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Another example of disgusting slobs. They are going to ruin it for us all.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/70030734230?tsid=0.9649397598113865&source=typeahead#!/photo.php?fbid=1311207782227282&id=100000142170519&set=gm.10154225089259231&source=48&refid=18&_ft_=qid.6291677144086425448%3Amf_story_key.101542 25089259231%3Atl_objid.10154225089259231&__tn__=E

cowherder
06-02-2016, 08:14 PM
That is terrible. I wonder how much trash would be there if there was no littering allowed and penalties were $1000 for first offense?

storminsteve
06-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Absolutely disgusting. I agree they should make the fines for littering at least 500 or $1,000

captnemo
06-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Something to think about. Article I read about littering and what they are doing to shame the people who are doing it. Maybe we could post some examples here.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/speak-easy/speak-easy-feature/item/94453-online-shaming-of-beach-litterbugs-gains-traction?utm_source=down-the-shore&utm_medium=social&utm_content=test&utm_campaign=social-inbound

Vigilante social media activists are taking on litterbugs in South Jersey. Equipped with Facebook and the dream of a cleaner coast, they are posting pictures and videos of garbage strewn on the beach. The end game? Shaming, embarrassing, and attempting to identify those who leave trash behind.

The impulse is understandable. Litter is a global crisis. Plastic waste causes $13 billion in destruction to our coastal environments every year, according (http://www.unep.org/newscentre/default.aspx?DocumentID=2791&ArticleID=10903) to the United Nations Environment Programme.
Solutions are starting to get creative. Last year in Hong Kong, a marketing agency sent samples of garbage taken off the streets — condoms, cigarette butts, and chewing gum — to a lab in the United States to undergo DNA testing. Combining the data with demographic clues from the litter itself, the agency created 27 composite portraits (http://www.ogilvy.com/News/Press-Releases/April-2015-OM-Hong-Kong-uses-DNA-testing-to-put-a-face-to-litterbugs.aspx) for a series of "wanted" posters stationed throughout the city. The campaign reached nearly four million social media users around the world.
Meanwhile, frustrated police officers in Mexico City have started secretly filming litterbugs and branding the videos with the hashtag #VecinoGandalla (https://twitter.com/hashtag/vecinogandalla?f=videos&vertical=default&src=hash), meaning "person who takes advantage." On YouTube, each clip garners tens of thousands of views.
And now, South Jerseyans are joining the ranks of online litterbug shamers.

Why people litter
Approximately 75 percent of Americans admit they've littered within the last five years. Many people just don't understand how devastating litter can be, while our laws don't always reinforce the direness of the issue.
Take Wildwood. Over Memorial Day weekend, the beach was trashed by a group of partiers, and a video (http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local/down-the-shore/94180-watch-video-of-trash-strewn-across-wildwood-beach-goes-viral-) of the mess posted on a Facebook page for fans of the town was viewed more than 884,000 times.
Some point to an imbalance in Wildwood's code book. The fine for littering here is only $133 — a slap on the wrist compared to, say, the $500 penalty in Stone Harbor or the $10,000 penalty in the always-pristine National Seashore area of Cape Cod. Meanwhile, the fine for cursing in Wildwood is $233. While dropping F-bombs in public may be unseemly, it doesn't carry the threat of food insecurity for billions of people, like littering does.
So why do people litter? Several case studies have determined we are more likely to litter in places where litter is already prevalent, where we see other people doing it.
For another set of people, the act of littering can be fulfilling. "The sense of satisfaction might come from the ease of littering," Mark Berg, Ph.D, associate professor of psychology at Stockton University. "Or it might come from being a little rebellious. Either way, they're getting something out of it."
Social media activism
In April, Nikolas Pattantyus — a South Jersey paddle boarder known for the animal videos he shoots — spotted something disturbing in the dunes of Avalon between 48th and 50th streets: piles of beer cans, coolers, and other remnants of a big beach party no one had bothered to clean up.
"I was honestly sick to my stomach," he said. "I filled the back of a pickup truck with five full garbage cans, four trash bags, five beach chairs, and a La-Z-Boy. Over the course of the cleanup, I kept hoping I would find something to incriminate those responsible."
And Pattantyus did find something damming — the name of a woman with ties to a local yacht club written in marker on a canvas bag. A friend texted the information to two local detectives, but the officers' hands were tied. Unless the offenders were caught red-handed, they said, there was nothing they could do. They also warned Pattantyus and his friend against slander.
Still, he decided to post a video of the mess on Facebook and let the court of public opinion judge the litterbugs. The following day, ironically Earth Day, a local newspaper, The Seven Mile Times (https://www.facebook.com/Seven-Mile-Times-276551592405232/), shared it on their Facebook page, with a stern reminder to treat the island with respect.
On the Cool Cape May (https://www.facebook.com/Cool-Cape-May-169130946454409/) Facebook page, this type of footage has been "blowing up recently," according to administrator Ben Miller.
"Much of what we have to deal with on a daily basis is depressing enough, but seeing trash floating around in a protected wildlife preserve really cuts it for me," wrote poster Craig Massey, who last March uploaded a photo of a discarded Mountain Dew bottle in the marsh.
In May, nonprofit Clean Ocean Action posted the results of their 31st annual Beach Sweep on Facebook. They found 7,594 plastic pieces and 2,246 straws on Jersey beaches in addition to some especially "ridiculous" items — a CD of Christmas songs, a ball of twine, and a screwdriver, for example.

Turns out, herd mentality doesn't just apply to litterbugs, but to those who shame them.
"Seeing this type of thing online becomes a sort of catalyst for you to follow up or say something yourself," said Chirag Shah, Ph.D, associate professor of information science at Rutgers University. "It happens with all kinds of topics — funny or silly or, in this case, socially critical. It's not a new behavior — the internet is just making it easier to propagate ideas."
Is it effective?
Shaming a litterbug and, in the process, venting to an online community that praises our advocacy can feel really good. But does it make a quantifiable difference? Studies show that people are less likely to litter in front of other people, but does that fear of disapproval carry over to the internet?

"These types of posts can be viewed as an attempt to punish behavior," Berg said. "The interesting thing about punishment is that it doesn't strengthen good behavior. People who tend to litter — people who get something out of it — will simply work harder to avoid the punisher. They'll look around more closely to make sure no one is videotaping, rather than change their ways."
In other words, the threat of online shaming will curtail some would-be litterbugs, but on its own, it's not a long-term solution. For that, we have to make people care about the environment, and feel a moral obligation to it.
"Research indicates it would also be effective to post pictures of clean, pristine landscapes," said Joshua Rottman, Ph.D, director of the Developing Moral Values Lab at Franklin and Marshall College. "People are very susceptible to conforming to local norms — especially when this norm is brought to their attention."
Nonprofit New Jersey Clean Communities is ramping up what Rottman calls a more "purity based" strategy. The group has gone into overdrive developing an Instagram campaign, spearheaded by students, that will showcase the beauty of the planet, and of protecting it.

Unexpected side effect
Whatever platform the online conversation is occurring on, the common denominator is that it nearly always devolves into a fight between tourists and locals about who is responsible.
Derogatory terms for shore visitors — like "shoobie" and "benny" — are commonplace.
Miller, from the Cool Cape May Facebook page, says he has removed several posts altogether because the fighting has grown so heated. And one commenter on Facebook page Jersey Shore Hurricane News (https://www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews) wrote that he has given up his dream of retiring along this coast after reading nasty accusations directed toward visitors over trash.
According to experts, there may be something to this territorialism.
"Any kind of deviant behavior is much more likely to happen in an area that isn't your home, in an area you have no relationship to," said Berg. "It's the reason students are more likely to misbehave for a substitute teacher. The contingency between your behavior and the effect on your environment is less obvious. If you want to reduce litter, it will help to remind visitors that they might want to come back this place next summer."
The New Jersey Department of Tourism declined to take a stance on litterbug shaming for this story.
But no matter who is doing the trashing, one thing is clear according to Pattantyus: "It's everybody's problem."

hookset
06-10-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm all for it. Some of these a-holes deserve to end up on the internet,

dogfish
06-10-2016, 02:08 PM
x2. Although half of these people wouldn't know what shame is because they have none. My biggest group lately is the cell phone fishermen. They catch ONE fish and instantly on the phone to all their friends telling them to "come on down it's ON!"

surferman
12-07-2016, 02:23 PM
where else to post this: one of my biggest challenges of "older age" is dealing with #2 in the mornings. It's a bummer and I have to plan strategically. It has hindered my fishing for sure.

ok, carry on.

https://www.pehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/dartboard.jpg
Haha lol!

cowherder
12-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Lol this thread is strangely repulsive and entertaining at the same time.

Agreed!

cowherder
12-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Don't know if it's been said here, but the drugstore chains like CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens usually have some pretty clean bathrooms. All you have to do is ask the folks working there where they are

fishinmission78
12-08-2016, 10:31 AM
I like wawas. Great coffee and the bathrooms clean and in good shape as well. They recently had a special with coffee and a muffin. Can't beat that in the morning for getting you in the "to go" mood LOL.

bababooey
12-08-2016, 12:43 PM
IDK about that dude. Coffee plus bran muffin = imminent pending explosive diarrhea for me. Maybe it's just the perks of getting older LMAO. :scared:

cowherder
12-08-2016, 04:04 PM
^^^^:upck:TMI!!!

hookedonbass
12-09-2016, 04:11 AM
rofl pretty gross!

storminsteve
12-10-2016, 11:03 AM
You really can tell that not many guys are trying anymore if you go in the porta potties in some of these fishing areas. I used the one two days ago at the end of the road in Sandy Hook, last parking lot. It had been serviced two days prior to that and I was the only one to "christen" it when I took a dump there. It was so clean that I nominate it for the DS budget places to sleep top 10.:HappyWave:

hookset
12-11-2016, 08:20 AM
^^^^^ When the air temperatures get to 40 or below, lot of guys don't want to make the effort to go out there. It's a beautiful thing to christen a freshly cleaned porta-john, isn't it?:d

finchaser
12-12-2016, 08:02 PM
You really can tell that not many guys are trying anymore if you go in the porta potties in some of these fishing areas. I used the one two days ago at the end of the road in Sandy Hook, last parking lot. It had been serviced two days prior to that and I was the only one to "christen" it when I took a dump there. It was so clean that I nominate it for the DS budget places to sleep top 10.:HappyWave:

X2 on the DS approved lodging

bababooey
12-13-2016, 07:56 AM
ROFL, good one! Keep DS from being homeless! I don't know if anyone mentioned Dunkin Donuts but those ones are good as well. they have had some good specials lately on half a dozen or a dozen donuts. I think I gained 10 pounds in the last month just from Dunkin Donuts alone.

bababooey
09-19-2017, 11:16 PM
Read this and was roflmao. Wondered if anyone here can relate?
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/19/colorado-springs-mad-pooper/

seamonkey
09-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Nasty! Especially since it is a chick!

plugcrazy
09-22-2017, 01:24 PM
:thumbsup:lmao. The mad pooper title got to me.

ledhead36
10-06-2017, 01:18 PM
haha loved it.