PDA

View Full Version : when they only want meat?

baitstealer
05-14-2016, 06:02 PM
I went out today looking for some of those gator blues. I ended up at a beach where it seems like every few minutes somebody was catching a blue fish but it was all on bunker. I tried poppers, metal, rubber shads, and the Daiwa SP. nothing at all!
what do you guys do when it seems like they only want meat? Thanks

VSdreams
05-14-2016, 06:44 PM
what do you guys do when it seems like they only want meat? Thanks
I would stay out of the town of Asbury Park if I were you!

fishinmission78
05-15-2016, 03:33 AM
Were there a lot of bunkers in the beach you were fishing at? sometimes that's a big factor why.

stripercrazy
05-15-2016, 05:48 AM
Early season they are often like that.

surfstix1963
05-15-2016, 03:32 PM
If they are on the bunker, plugs will seldom produce.

finchaser
05-15-2016, 05:17 PM
Never fish meat nor does anyone in our group but we get them on rubber and buck tails fished deep and behind the schools of bunker never in front of or in the middle of the school. SP minnows and plastic very seldom produce do to size and action. Pencils also account for numerous fish especially in this day and age that bunker and their schools are getting bigger and many bass and bass schools are getting smaller. These smaller bass can't swallow these horse bunker they just chase them therefore pencils fished behind the schools do their job.

IMO clams are for lazy people who wait for fish to come to them instead of seeking them out and learning how to catch them.