PDA

View Full Version : NJ fishing reports for November 2016

DarkSkies
11-01-2016, 08:24 AM
NJ Fishing reports for November 2016 - www. StripersAndAnglers.com

Short and sweet......

1. Post your fishing reports here.....
2. Be as specific as ya want....but remember the*limited access....If you don't enjoy fishing next to 40 friends at night in a 400 foot section of beach,"think" before ya post.....

3.Location
Out front....
out back.....
or the county...

further details on the first page of any past S&A monthly fishing reports.

4.Moderation...
I rarely have time to moderate these threads.
If something needs to be addressed,and you are a contributing member.....please PM me or send an e-mail via the report post button.

**Thanks for your cooperation and for being such a great group!

DarkSkies
11-01-2016, 08:47 AM
Mid-Fall Recap......

Bunker are still on the radar for anyone targeting big bass.
These bunker are both a blessing and a curse. They seem to concentrate all the fish in one area, around them.

There are a few encouraging signs out there:
1. The forage varieties still remain varried and abundant, but not in all areas.
2. lots of little striped bass from the robust 2010 YOY class.

Nonetheless,. there are still many areas that should hold fish consistently, and do not.
For example....the Navy Pier which juts out over two miles into the bay. I'm fortunate enough to know many of the old-timers who fish there, and recently got a night pass. There have been some good, robust nights. But I have yet to find one old-timer who has been fishing that pier for more than 30 years...... who does not lament the inconsistency of the fishing.....from a place which used to hold quality bass for 11 months of the year.

**Something to think about when you folks see all those big fish being weighed in.. and all the chatter about how the striped bass population is stronger than ever.

In the meantime, if you're out there on the water on a boat, or just fishing some isolated area at night from land...in bad weather... please be careful and safe. God Bless all.

buckethead
11-01-2016, 12:17 PM
The fish were moving fast in many cases. Ocean County was good in various spots, but I think by today the biggest mass will be in LBI or Brigantine. That was probably some of the best fishing I have seen in a long time.
good luck guys
well you were very close with your estimate. They showed up in Atlantic City and LBI. A recent report from an AC shop is saying they're all over down there.

buckethead
11-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Dark I completely agree with what you are saying. I lived through the collapse before, and the signs are here right now in front of our faces. I don't think anyone is paying attention. They are too focused on the drool over the 40lb stripers they want to catch.
Remember, those who do not learn from the sins of the past, are doomed to repeat them.

buckethead
11-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Might as well throw in a fishing report. This this morning one hour before sunrise. incoming tide. Nothing at all on the bucktail. Saw no real signs of life either.

Blazin420
11-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Got out Sunday night well that is after the rain stopped ,helping my buddy change his tire that was going flatand fighting off a huge racoon that was walking on the hood of my car LOL..We got out just at the top of the outgoing 1st cast get bumped and 2nd cast..my buds 1st cast BAM 36.5in beauty..Thought we were good...Nothing for another 4 hrs until I caught 3 of the smallest bass I've seen maybe all 3 totaled 30ins lol..my bud lost 1 other that felt small..

Got out today with pops in OC there was huge armada of boats surrounding bunker just out of reach and about 25 surf guys casting..after the mayhem yesterday I was hoping it would repeat just long enuff to get dad on a fish but it never happened..Some how out of everyone I managed to hook up with the only fish I saw by land or boat 30in clean fish on a yellow/white pencil..felt great have that fish explode on my pencil but hoped for more...Like said before no consistency with run..can't pin down any sort of pattern for the life of me....Here's hoping for solid Nov fishing...Tight lines!!

fishinmission78
11-02-2016, 08:07 AM
Thank you bucket and everyone else I put in a lot of time and gas in my truck for those fish. It was a great weekend, but the 2 days after that were pretty poor.

fishinmission78
11-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Nice job blazing there weren't many fish caught that day so you definitely win a prize. I fished 3 times in the last 48 hours and got skunked out each time, including this morning for an hour. Hopefully a new wave of bass is coming our way soon.

basshunter
11-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the updates. seaside this morning along with 200 other guys. Nada for me and everyone around.

wish4fish
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
sup dudes long time no reports. ledhead and I bin fishing Hudson. today we went back to usual and crushed da bass. Mostly schoolies with some keepers to 34 inches. Shads. peanut bunker slaughter!

wish4fish
11-02-2016, 04:03 PM
forgot to add Dark Skies sucks! come on man wuld be nice if u answer your phone every now n then come on out and fish wit us!

buckethead
11-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Fished the beach before sunrise, nice chop to the surf this morning.nothing at all for me.

surfrob
11-03-2016, 02:06 PM
the one nice sign this year was to see plentiful bait and stripers in the back yesterday (btw this is the land of dixie, not yous nawth joisey waters :cool:)... running from our tog spots back to the dock actually ran into a school on top, saw a nice stripe come up for the bait at my tog dock, could go on and on.

strangely, this same area seemed devoid of life in the spring when it should have been hopping.

fish confuse the heck out of me.

basshunter
11-03-2016, 07:28 PM
With all the good reports in Moco decided to give it a try today from 4 to 7. just finished up fishing, lots of guys on the beach. none of us caught a thing. Hey thats fishing I guess. Good luck to all the rest of you guys this weekend.

basshunter
11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
surfrob, well said! Fish confuse the heck out of me too. Just when you think you have things figured out- you feel like a dunderhead when you can't catch.Well at least today none of us was touching so that didn't make me feel that terrible.

lostatsea
11-04-2016, 06:43 AM
X2 on that!

lostatsea
11-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Tried in the moco area last night from 8 until 10. I think it was high time it was in coming for most of when I was there. Casted swim shads, darters, and black SP. Total skunk. Water looked so fishy so I will try to go back this weekend.

surferman
11-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Cape may for me last night. Clams and bunker, caught skates and doggies.

surferman
11-04-2016, 07:29 AM
the one nice sign this year was to see plentiful bait and stripers in the back yesterday (btw this is the land of dixie, not yous nawth joisey waters :cool:)... running from our tog spots back to the dock actually ran into a school on top, saw a nice stripe come up for the bait at my tog dock, could go on and on.

strangely, this same area seemed devoid of life in the spring when it should have been hopping.

fish confuse the heck out of me.
I might have to do more exploring in the back bays, thanks for the heads up.

buckethead
11-04-2016, 07:33 AM
It's a funny kind of year with the weather. Very rare for all this state to be in the back bays in the first week of November.

buckethead
11-04-2016, 07:35 AM
With low tide at 5 a.m. today I knew there would be some very low water where I usually fish. I made a bit of a move North. Fished 4 a.m. until 7:15. Another skunk for me. I do like this new weather pattern with the NW. Hopefully that will turn things around a bit.

porgy75
11-04-2016, 02:19 PM
wow BH you can usually catch one fish, if you can't catch at least one- things must be pretty slim pickings.

porgy75
11-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Ok I admit it I chased the reports. I started out down by Seaside this morning because boats getting them and I figured I can catch a striper. there was some commotion about a half-mile out and I could see they were definitely hooking up.not one of us on the beach caught a striper. I drove to Monmouth County after breakfast.Nothing going on on the beach here either lots of guys walking around saying wow you should have been here two days ago.Well I'm sorry today is the only day I could take off from work. There is some bunker but it's waaaay out. nothing going on at all right now. Will try to stay here till dark, maybe I will get lucky.

hookedonbass
11-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Island beach this morning from 5 until 7:30 a.m. Skunk skunk skunk. A lot of guys smelling like skunk lately.

storminsteve
11-05-2016, 12:50 PM
^^^^^^exactamundo!!!!
now if only they sold a cologne called striper slayer I would buy it instead of the skunk cologne I have been wearing!

storminsteve
11-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Add me to the skunk patrol. moco beaches. Beautiful weather and surf out there no fish for me.:burn:

storminsteve
11-06-2016, 05:30 AM
Well I just finished a lot of hours of fishing midnight till 5 a.m. skunk city for me. May do some work around the house and try this afternoon. Got to keep hope alive, right?

surferman
11-06-2016, 05:35 AM
Yes please keep hope alive. I technically got the skunk cuz I got no stripers or blues last night. Got a lot different size skates and1 dogfish woohoo. Fished in CM.

buckethead
11-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Skunk for me 3rd time in a row in the surf. In all fairness it was very low water this morning. I'm thinking about going out again in the p.m. Good luck everyone

vpass
11-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Went out the last 2 days (Friday morning 6am to noon and Sat 3pm to 8pm), both day caught nothing. only saw 3 fish caught 1 appeared to be about 15 pounds. the only bait i saw were rainfish. I fished all water columns several times in each outing. Anyone catching any blues?

basshunter
11-06-2016, 11:08 AM
I think the blues are all in Monmouth and Ocean county where the big schools of bunker are. When they come in close everyone catches big blues, then they vanish like ghosts. I haven't caught a blue in a long time.

basshunter
11-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Great morning in the back in peanut blitzes! gotta lotta small stripers with shads and snag & drop, total 13. I did get one keeper she was 29incher, but I let her go. I don't think there's too many keepers around with everyone killing them. Also I was hoping to please the fish Gods so I can catch some more fish because my trips lately have been really sucking it big time. want to thank everyone here for your help, couldn't have done it without you guys you are the best!
since my number was 13 I feel its bad luck and want to end the day with a few more if possible. I am taking a break and will try this afternoon and maybe have another report for you guys. tight lines and thanks everyone!

seamonkey
11-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Awesome airport, thanks for posting. Please don't forget to send them down our way. And thanks for the catch and release to so we can catch them as well.

jigfreak
11-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Yeah it was a good morning out there. Finally. I think we would have got more if the wind didnt start up and shut it down a little. basshunter, I'm the guy who gave you the snag rig. Glad you got some too. catch em up.

basshunter
11-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Hey was nice meeting you. I probably doubled my catch with that rig. Thanks again. I had no idea you were the guy who messes up guys when they mug him! You're a big dude I bet you could kick some *** LOL. And yet you were so humble and nice to me. you really caught a lot of fish, thanks for explaining. I owe you one.

basshunter
11-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Well it was too good to last. I was so excited after catching all those stripers I went out in the late afternoon to the same area.
The wind was honking and it was unfishable. I gave it a try for 15 minutes but it was pointless. I couldn't cast out more than thirty or forty feet. hate that North wind!

hookset
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Went out the last 2 days (Friday morning 6am to noon and Sat 3pm to 8pm), both day caught nothing. only saw 3 fish caught 1 appeared to be about 15 pounds. the only bait i saw were rainfish. I fished all water columns several times in each outing. Anyone catching any blues?

I had the same kind of weekend. Fished friday p.m. caught bubkis. went out Saturday morning. Right at sunrise there was like a17 minute flurry of activity on the beach in monco Saw a few bass caught. I got one at 29 inches, released. On swimmers. It was over as quick as it started.

hookset
11-07-2016, 11:06 AM

I had the same kind of weekend. Fished hard friday p.m. caught bubkis. Went out Saturday morning. Right at sunrise there was like a17 minute flurry of activity on the beach in monco Saw a few bass caught. I got one at 29 inches, released. On swimmers. It was over as quick as it started.

hookset
11-07-2016, 11:08 AM
The blues have been in monco and occo. someone said they are tied to the bunker schools. When the bunker schools move they move. One day I heard they were there for about 3 hours. Other than that it's a quick hit and they're gone. If you are standing right there when they come in you will get them. Try following the bunker schools for best success. Good luck

fishinmission78
11-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Nice work BH and JF. It's great when you have them blowing up in front of you like that.

fishinmission78
11-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Fished the park for a quick hour from 5 to 6 am. Dead for me.

fishinmission78
11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Forgot to add it was almost straight north wind down the beach. That's supposed to turn over this afternoon, hopefully things should get better once it does.

surferman
11-07-2016, 11:21 AM
if skunk was on the menu we would have full bellies hah! great effort gents - you'll never catch one from the couch as they say.

nitestrikes
11-07-2016, 11:32 AM
A little heads up that some bass might be headed your way gents. Pretty decent night on the SS on Saturday. Tight lines.

cowherder
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Way to help out a fellow angler jig!

jigfreak
11-08-2016, 06:59 AM
hey thanks for the kind words guys. I only helped him because he was respectful and didn't crowd me. Still effing up the guys who mug me. don't worry I'm not changing regarding that.

jigfreak
11-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Very slow pic last night. Managed 3 to 18 pounds, still swimming. All on rubber.

hookset
11-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Nice going jig. Found the same thing in the back last night, very slow.
Picked up two on shad's. 1 27 inches, 1 31 inches. Put back for the next guy.

hookset
11-09-2016, 09:02 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
hey thanks for the kind words guys. I only helped him because he was respectful and didn't crowd me. Still effing up the guys who mug me. don't worry I'm not changing regarding that.

I love this, if there was a like feature I would give it two.:thumbsup:

baitstealer
11-10-2016, 12:43 AM
Finally found some big stripers when I was fishing. The problem was no one was catching, including me. fish Moco from 6 a.m. until noon on Wednesday. I had a vacation day and was tired of missing out on
the catching. At first there were a lot of guys. But then blitzing started and within a half-hour the beach was lined with hundreds of people. Hundreds! doesn't anybody work on the weekdays anymore?
I followed these fish up and down the beach for two hours and could not catch one. Pencil poppers, shads, nothing worked. Then some guys were snag and dropping and they didn't catch either. It was crazy. an EPIC FAIL for me. I did see one or two boats catch, but it was the most bunker I have seen when on the beach fishing. Maybe that's why?

baitstealer
11-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Also have never seen people appear so quickly on a beach before. Literally within a half hour there were hundreds and hundreds of guys, when it first started there were only a few. I now I see why it's important not to spot burn and keep things quiet. Was wondering about some other ways to share fishing information. Will probably start a new thread for that.

jigfreak
11-10-2016, 01:09 AM
I was out there too, 1 of the guys that got skunked. Tried everything. More fish than bunker, and they don't feed every day.

storminsteve
11-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Skunk grande! Moco last night for the skunk. Then came back this morning and sawfish just out of reach. Nobody from surf catching. Fished till 9 late for work.

cowherder
11-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Hit a few places in nomoco 4-6am. Perfect water and west wind. Lots of bait. No fish for me or the other 200 guys in the lineup.

surferman
11-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Nice try guys you can't catch a fish unless your line is in the water.

buckethead
11-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Fished my usual area for another skunk in the morning. Went back early afternoon and I could see boats from manasquan all the way up to asbury park. Got skunked again, and didn't see anyone catching on the beach. I didn't see them catching much on the boats either. Miles of peanut bunker out there.

fishinmission78
11-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Island beach all yesterday afternoon. Lots of bunker around, fishing but not catching.

surferman
11-12-2016, 05:19 PM
lots of ups and downs this year that's for sure

finchaser
11-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Bunker su_k they need to net more before they totally destroy bass biomass

fishinmission78
11-12-2016, 09:20 PM
skunk at Island beach today. Best I could do was some skates on bunker chunks. Not a hell of a lot of stripers were caught either, mostly shorts.

fishinmission78
11-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Worst year I can remember for this tourney. There must have been over a thousand guys out there trying hard.

cowherder
11-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Wow that sucks big time! Where are those meat men that keep claiming that there is nothing wrong with the stripers now?

cowherder
11-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Moco today with a lot of other guys. Right before dark there was a little flurry of activity for about 20 minutes. I picked up 4 shorts, released. All on rubber shads.

fishrich
11-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Three of us fished MOCO 10:30 am till dark. Got into some big bluefish, 15 to 18 pounds, for a couple hours. Also got a pair of keeper sized stripers. All fish caught on poppers. Every place we looked today we saw bunker.

hookset
11-13-2016, 09:13 PM
nice going guys congrats on the big blue fish

hookset
11-13-2016, 09:16 PM
I had to do a favor for my uncle and found myself in mo co today in the afternoon. Also found those big blue fish on poppers. Man they were some giant monster bruisers. Instead of gorillas we should call them Godzilla's they were so freaking huge. Got mine on pencil popper, then tried to snag and drop for a striper but the blues that bit through the line. Good times.

baitstealer
11-13-2016, 09:21 PM
Wow giant blue fish from the beach I never thought they would show up again. Great work guys have to get me some of them soon!

baitstealer
11-13-2016, 09:23 PM
somoko from 7 to 9, just walked off the beach. I landed 1 striper at 23 inches, but so frustrated because I missed a lot of hits. well at least the one striper saved me from the skunk. beautiful night out there.

buckethead
11-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Finally got into a decent amount of fish. Was fishing my usual area in monmouth county monday. Only two, bucktail and redgill in the dark. Once the sun came up things changed significantly. The bunker were showing and larger bass were feeding aggressively.
Within a half hour a huge flotilla of boats arrived. I havent seen that many in this area in a while. A good solid hour blitzing on the bunker, while I managed to catch and release 5 - to 21 pounds. Pencil poppers. After that bunker moved off. It was a pick of smaller bass for the next two hours until the tide got too low. Managed another 15 smaller fish to 34 inches.
I would say that was my best day this fall, and in a long time.

seamonkey
11-15-2016, 07:34 AM
Nice going BH! are you read your reports every day and look forward to them. You really put the time in and are so dedicated through all the skunkings. Congrats on a great day.

Monty
11-15-2016, 11:37 AM
I would say that was my best day this fall, and in a long time.

Congrats on the excellent trip. Great to read your report, as mentioned, rewarded for your time on the water.

cowherder
11-16-2016, 09:16 AM
moco 7-10 pm. there was about 10 of us and not one fish was caught on the beach. Where are all the strippers that everyone says he's coming down the pike? Can't prove it by me

cowherder
11-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Congrats bucket! They say night time is the right time, but I guess in your case it was pure daytime, way to go.

buckethead
11-16-2016, 11:25 AM
thank you very much for the kind words gents.

buckethead
11-16-2016, 12:13 PM
well my luck didn't even last for 2 days. Struck out this morning. Hope some of you other gents did better.

jigfreak
11-17-2016, 09:05 AM
That's okay buckethead. If the fish were there you would def be catching them. They're coming by in short bursts at a time. Gone are the vast schools that used to be here every day. Unless you're out all the time it really is slim pickings. Congrats on a great morning.

jigfreak
11-17-2016, 09:08 AM
Had a decent afternoon yesterday in Moco picked up a few stripers to 15lbs. Peanuts were in the wash. Nothing blitz like just a slow steady pick. All on ML swimmers, released.

surferman
11-17-2016, 10:37 AM
very nice dude!

buckethead
11-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Another good morning in my usual area in Moco. Was walking the beach before first light and saw a few bait pods scattered. Mostly peanut bunker. When the sun came up they were feeding, but not on all the pods. By walking and casting I managed eleven to 14 pounds.
There were a few guys throwing shads, but I did okay with just a bucktail with white grub. All still swimming, and a larger percentage probably over 80%, were legal keepers.

buckethead
11-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Good job as well, jig.

buckethead
11-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Also wanted to add, The larger bass seemed to be under the smaller ones, so maybe that's why I did better with a bucktail.

7deadlyplugs
11-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Awesome nice going!

fishrich
11-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Three of us fished MOCO 10:30 am till dark. Checked out a bunch of spots with no luck. Finally found a bunch of peanut bunker with some fish busting around 1 pm. Was able to pick stripers and bluefish rest of the afternoon. Had to move south a few times to follow the bait and fish. Caught all fish on plugs but noticed that guys snagging bunker were doing a little better.

cowherder
11-18-2016, 08:31 PM
nice going guys, seems like the best activitiy was in the afternoon?

cowherder
11-18-2016, 08:33 PM
I got out there a little early today and went into Ocean County. Got a few stripers snagging and dropping the peanut bunker. Most of them were small. One of them was a keeper 31 inches released.

cowherder
11-18-2016, 08:34 PM
What amazed me is all the guys standing around talking to each other instead of fishing

fishinmission78
11-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Or sitting in their trucks telling fish stories lol.

fishinmission78
11-19-2016, 06:07 AM
yesterday was finally a decent day at Island beach. Got there early afternoon. Had to do a lot of running and gunning up and down but in the end I had 19 stripers 26 inches 236 inches. Kept one for the table, belly full of peanuts. also got 5 monster blues biggest one was 39 inches. Man these suckers are fat and mean. get out there while it's hot fellas.

fishinmission78
11-19-2016, 06:07 AM
Just getting ready to go out again, good luck everyone.

hookedonbass
11-19-2016, 06:14 AM
out in moco yesterday afternoon and like was said you had to hunt up and down. I picked up a few stripers here and there with a polaris popper. biggest was 31 inches. And 1 totally fatttttt blue.nowhere near epic, you have to work for them. I was happy.

hookedonbass
11-19-2016, 06:16 AM
yeah I forgot to say that too hope everyone has a good day as well.

seamonkey
11-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Awesome reports, happy for you guys. I'm on the way to Island beach, about a half hour away. Will let you gents know if I catch.

hookset
11-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Three of us fished MOCO 10:30 am till dark. Checked out a bunch of spots with no luck. Finally found a bunch of peanut bunker with some fish busting around 1 pm. Was able to pick stripers and bluefish rest of the afternoon. Had to move south a few times to follow the bait and fish. Caught all fish on plugs but noticed that guys snagging bunker were doing a little better.
Nice going, thanks for the hard work and honesty.that's the kind of action I have been finding as well, no blitzes, just a lot of hard work.

hookset
11-19-2016, 10:56 AM
yesterday was finally a decent day at Island beach. Got there early afternoon. Had to do a lot of running and gunning up and down but in the end I had 19 stripers 26 inches 236 inches. Kept one for the table, belly full of peanuts. also got 5 monster blues biggest one was 39 inches. Man these suckers are fat and mean. get out there while it's hot fellas.
Congrats. Great report thanks for sharing.

hookset
11-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Got into a few fish this morning in moco. It was a slow pick, had to work for them. Peanuts in close and we occasionally got a striper on a popper or bucktail. there was a big swell. Eventually boats and bright sun broke everything up.

jigfreak
11-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Lots of reports of blitzes and crazy fishing, but I didn't see any today. I got one solid chunky bass this morning at 6 a.m. on a bucktail. 35", tossed it back. Out on the bar in OC. Once the sun came up boats came from everywhere. Saw a few fish but not much to speak about. Then it was over.

cowherder
11-19-2016, 02:37 PM
nice going fellas!hard work pays off, awesome

cowherder
11-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Well I became part of the peanut bunker chasers today. Man do they move quick! Big surf doesn't help it at all. Got two stripers this morning pencil popping around 7a. 27 and 30 inches released. There seems to be dead sea now with lots of adult bunkers and peanuts. I went and got lunch and took a little snooze. I'm going to try to find some more this afternoon. Good luck everyone.

surferman
11-19-2016, 02:51 PM
Good job guys. Please send some down to South Jersey.

lostatsea
11-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Looks like a good day to be out and about on the jersey shore.

basshunter
11-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Well you couldn't tell it by me. I made 7 different stops in mon co starting with Sandy Hook n going south. At each place guys said all you should have been here yesterday or got a few this morning. That wind was tough and the surf was big. Skunk for me, congrats to all you guys who were there at the right time.

basshunter
11-19-2016, 04:19 PM
I may try tomorrow too though. There was definitely a lot of baits around but no fish on them that I saw.

SharkHart
11-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Normally my vacation days are a bust with rain or NE wind. Friday i finally hit one right. 70 degrees and no clouds light breeze and steady bass with a lunch break in the middle. You guessed it all snag and drop. The majority of the guys weren't prepared and didnt catch. Many times the bass were there with little signs so the end of street watchers maybe missed out some.

I have a feeling about the next 2 days with this gale :plastered:

porgy75
11-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Awesome reports fella's.
that was part of the reason that I was out fishing today, being inspired from some of you guys, so thank you.

porgy75
11-19-2016, 10:44 PM
I covered a lot of ground up and down monmouth county several times. Like SH said it seems the guys who did the snag and drop really had the best results. I couldn't get the hang of it and missed out on probably a lot of stripers. In the end of the day right around 1 hour before dark, got into some big blue's. They were hitting poppers and you had to cast it out like you were a casting machine. Only the guys who could cast the farthest got them, but I did catch five of them up to 15 pounds. It was a lot of fun and I am so tired. Will try to go back out tomorrow, thank you for all the help guys.

vpass
11-20-2016, 09:53 AM
Got out Friday morning. had a fish on a pencil for 3 cranks of the reel then dropped it. and that was it for me. had a peanut school explode with a school bass that broke water, I thought it was going to get good , but it my luck this year that it didn't.
I might take a ride to the beach today going against my common sense not to go. I took the week off to fish. it my luck that i could loose two days to blow out weather.:plastered::plastered:

SharkHart
11-20-2016, 06:59 PM
today felt like a dream no boats not many guys and big bass and big blues blowing up bunker all day, did well, feeling good i took monday off :drool:

DarkSkies
11-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Yes it was a good day, fish all throughout multiple counties on the Jersey Coast. One of the rare days when I was out in the daytime. The conditions and bait patterns were compelling. The weather kept many people home. Even the ones that came out, left early morning when it became a slow pick and many of those out there thought it was over and went home.

2 old timers and I continued to pick at them until the tide turned and the action ramped up exponentially......
By that time it had gotten more crowded, but still only about 100 surfcasters spread along a 1 mile stretch of beach.
Nothing to gripe or complain about at all, and if you kept casting and worked for your fish you would have caught on artificials.

Will be a day that will be talked about for years as one of the best for the 2016 fall run where you could catch large fish, bass and blues, without snag and drop.

Of course, today those are "yesterday's fish" and there is no guarantee that pattern will be repeated..... Good luck out there people......it won't be too long before the death rats are here, and everyone will be lining the beach to catch those 14-22" fish.

clamchucker
11-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Very well said dark. Too many fishermen stand around waiting for the blitzes.Island Beach State Park this morning at first light and about an hour after. Got two bass 29 and 32 inches on Danny plugs, released. Lots of Bunker around, far and near.

hookedonbass
11-21-2016, 11:46 AM
I had a great day yesterday! Drove all of Occo and Moco and found stripers and blues. some places they were very far out and you have to have the longest casts. Got stripers n blues on pencil poppers, snag and drop, and SPs. blues to 16 poundd they were so gigunda fatt!! Got 5 stripers, two of them were keepers, kept one for the table.
great day there was bait everywhere I hope this lasts.

hookedonbass
11-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Yes it was a good day, fish all throughout multiple counties on the Jersey Coast. One of the rare days when I was out in the daytime. The conditions and bait patterns were compelling. The weather kept many people home. Even the ones that came out, left early morning when it became a slow pick and many of those out there thought it was over and went home.

2 old timers and I continued to pick at them until the tide turned and the action ramped up exponentially......Will be a day that without snag and drop.

Of course, today those are "yesterday's fish".

exactly! I had a fantastic day as well, mostly blues but some stripers too and it was a lot of fun. those winds were insane and kept most guys off the beach it was pure pleasure to be out there. Good luck and catch em up!

buckethead
11-21-2016, 01:16 PM
What a morning 21 stripers to 17 pounds. On bucktails at first and then on swimmers, bunker in close. A few Gator Blues mixed into boot. this old man needed a break. Came home to restock. May try again this afternoon. Good luck all.

vpass
11-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Had a great day also caught all my fish on a metal lip swimmer I caught around 7 Bass to 27 inches no keepers for me. and a few gator blues to 14 pound on the Boga. Looking forward to tomorrow.:drool:

Monty
11-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Had a great day also caught all my fish on a metal lip swimmer I caught around 7 Bass to 27 inches no keepers for me. and a few gator blues to 14 pound on the Boga. Looking forward to tomorrow.:drool:
:HappyWave:
Congrats on the fishing and catching Jersey guys!

jigfreak
11-21-2016, 08:32 PM
^^^^Rofl, YOU live in Jersey. Are you no longer part of the Jersey crew?

jigfreak
11-21-2016, 08:32 PM
nice job fellas I had a great day as well.

jigfreak
11-21-2016, 08:39 PM
Started in moco picked up a few bass on swimmers right around sunrise. The action stopped lowtide so I went south near Island Beach. Man it was so easy a five-year-old could catch fish. Poppers, swimmers, bucktails, shads all produced. Stopped using shads when the big blue fish came in and it was insane. Ended the day with about 30 stripers to 15lbs and about as many blues. Man are my arms tired. A great day to play hooky from work that's for sure.

SharkHart
11-21-2016, 08:52 PM
I don't even know what to say, a vacation day homerun. I vacated monco and ocean count was turned into montauk

fishrich
11-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Three of us fished OC and also got into a mix of stripers and blues starting about 11:30 am and lasting till dark. The blues were non stop and the stripers were in and out. Swimming plugs produced most of the fish.

fishinmission78
11-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Picked up a handful of shorties from 6 to 7 a.m. today. Island Beach, Snag & Drop. Nice bunch of bait too far out, didn't have time to wait for it. Maybe some of you guys will get into it this afternoon.

cowherder
11-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Awesome reports gents. I haven't been able to get out there with work and it's killing me! Congratulations

hookedonbass
11-22-2016, 08:12 PM
What a fantastic day of fishing I had. It started out very slow as I moved up and down from Point Pleasant to Seaside. Finally stayed put in Seaside and had my fingers crossed hoping to see some blitzes I have been reading about. I was casting an SP not really getting a lot of hits but I noticed guys were getting them on poppers. once it was game on. I must have got over fifteen stripers it was a total rush! A perfect day with the exception of the guys who mugged me when I tried to bring my stripers in and we were all so close together. I sure hope this can last.

vpass
11-22-2016, 09:01 PM
:HappyWave:Good going guys, Today was a lot slower then yesterday. There is a crazy amount of bait, all around heading south. i fished Mo Co using metal lips got 5 bass fish were between 26 and 28.5 inches. I kept one fish for the holidays. the action was better in the afternoon.

I been using Rip-Plugger metal lips, Those plugs are awesome. with this west wind I almost cast the spool. great action:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fishrich
11-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Three of us fished OC 1:30 pm till 6 pm and had a great day with stripers up to 33". Each of us had a 20 plus fish day. Caught fish on poppers and before dark started catching on swimming plugs. Loads of peanut bunker today.

hookset
11-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Fished a few beaches in monmouth county yesterday afternoon. As vpass said seems there was less blitzing then on Sunday, but you could still catch fish if you worked at it. Snag and drop out fished everything else two to one. I stuck with shads and big plugs and picked up nine stripers to 34 inches. Also two very mean and nasty blue fish in the 15-pound class. It's funny when the blue fish first hit you didn't think they were that big and then all of the sudden they wopnine.

hookset
11-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Three of us fished OC 1:30 pm till 6 pm and had a great day with stripers up to 33". Each of us had a 20 plus fish day. Caught fish on poppers and before dark started catching on swimming plugs. Loads of peanut bunker today.

Congratulations seems like you were in the right spot at the right time. Great report.

cowherder
11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
I am drooling reading these reports gents! Stuck at work and can't get out till after 5 when it seems everything is all over. I'll def be out on Thanksgiving, thanks for giving me hope and congrats on the catches!

buckethead
11-23-2016, 12:33 PM
This morning was very quiet for me in Monmouth County. Started before sunrise, worked a few cuts, nothing for me. May go back out this afternoon

fishinmission78
11-23-2016, 05:42 PM
For the guy that asked about if I was up in Asbury Park no freaking way. I would never fish up in that rainbow infested parking lot.

fishinmission78
11-23-2016, 05:47 PM
The Park for an hour before work today. 29 inches fat fish, on pencil popper.. that was it for me hope some of you guys did better than I did. At least I'll have one for Thanksgiving dinner

cowherder
11-25-2016, 03:13 PM
For the guy that asked about if I was up in Asbury Park no freaking way. I would never fish up in that rainbow infested parking lot.
ROFL! in the summer the fishermen have to worry about shark infested waters. In Asbury Park there are other terrors!

cowherder
11-25-2016, 03:16 PM
nice catching guys. I took the afternoon after thanksgiving dinner yesterday and drove to Ocean County to see about all the great fishing I was reading about. well I did have to make a lot of moves, because there were some places you had 10 guys hooked up at once and other places where there was just a ton of peanut bunkers and nothing else. The amount of peanut bunker in the water was so intense the water was black OMG! Ended up with 21 stripers 24 - 31 inches, all released. pencil poppers. The guys doing snag and dropped out fishing everyone else on the beach they were really crushing it. good luck everyone hope this continues.:drool:

Monty
11-25-2016, 03:40 PM
nice catching guys. I took the afternoon after thanksgiving dinner yesterday and drove to Ocean County to see about all the great fishing I was reading about. well I did have to make a lot of moves, because there were some places you had 10 guys hooked up at once and other places where there was just a ton of peanut bunkers and nothing else. The amount of peanut bunker in the water was so intense the water was black OMG! Ended up with 21 stripers 24 - 31 inches, all released. pencil poppers. The guys doing snag and dropped out fishing everyone else on the beach they were really crushing it.

:HappyWave:
Congrats on the fishing and catching and releasing, sounds like an awesome trip!
Snag and drop = :upck: , JMO

fishinmission78
11-26-2016, 03:13 AM
nice going CH. You must have hit it just right, because a lot of my friends got skunked. I fished fri morning got one 30 incher sunrise on a pencil popper. I heard the park was real crowded so I stayed away. Then I went back in the evening and got 2 more to 32 inches on black swimmers. things have slowed down a lot.

buckethead
11-27-2016, 11:24 AM
I agree, even had to change my tactics. Instead of hitting the sunrise I was out yesterday afternoon in a slightly different location.
I found a few small pods of nervous peanut bunker. In the hour before dark I managed 9 to 17#. Most of them were small and it was a slow steady pick. I was lucky enough to be fishing where no one else was. They must have been all down south chasing fish in ocean county.

porgy75
11-27-2016, 11:44 AM
Was part of the mass hoard of anglers in OC yesterday. I saw crowds like I had never seen before. I didn't see any real fights but it was a real s*** show for sure.Snagadrop, bait guys, pluggers, pencil popper dudes, everyone was there in the mix. i fished from Seaside to Point Pleasant and back again. I got one striper right before dark on a pencil popper. Did not see a lot of fish caught. With the hundreds and hundreds of people I saw in many places it causes me to scratch my head and ask why?

hookedonbass
11-27-2016, 11:58 AM
nice reports. I was in OC as well. kept moving around as was suggested.Apparently I missed a great bite in the morning and I had to get home to family before "the most epic blitz in the world" LOL blew up in the evening., such is life. Good luck to everyone.

7deadlyplugs
11-27-2016, 12:08 PM
The SS LI fishing leaves much to desire in the last week. Rats rats and more rats. Was reading the Jersey reports and came over yesterday. On the beach by Seaside and Island Beach State Park at 5 a.m. Not much going on there so I immediately started driving north. Found good activity and people hooked up around 6:15. We had 15 minutes of pretty decent activity. I got mine on shads others on snag and drop of the peanut bunker. it was slow after that, a few here and there.. Once it got sunny everything done. And I had to go home. most of the guys were okay and helpful. Waaaaay too crowded.

seamonkey
11-27-2016, 12:37 PM
They're getting fish in Atlantic City now. Won't be long before there in Cape May, finally! Thanks for the report's guys they give me hope.

seamonkey
11-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Btw i fished Cape May yesterday and it's not happening yet. Skates and doggies in the house.

fishinmission78
11-29-2016, 06:49 AM
Been striking out in the mornings, but got into a few stripers north of the park in the afternoon. Sunday I got four shorts on pencil poppers around 4 p.m. Yesterday was tough with the south wind. One guy got two next to me and that was it where I was.

surferman
11-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like blitzes are getting fewer and far between from what I am reading, fish are starting to show up in Cape May finally.

plugginpete
11-29-2016, 08:56 AM
Okay I admit it I followed the internet reports. Fishing has really slacked off in Long Island, nothing left,small stripers. I went 2
the area around Island Beach State Park I think it's called and seaside.
in the late afternoon I Got 5 stripers to 29 inches on super strike little neck popper. All fish released. there were so many guys there it was crazy. also saw a lot of snagging and dropping. Don't mean to cause trouble but had a concern because I felt like a lot of the fish were going to end up dead after thrown back. will try to start a separate thread on that. Good luck everyone and thanks to the New Jersey people who were kind to me.

jigfreak
11-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Picked up a few shorts between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. in the middle of the crowds yesterday. it really wasn't that great, the wind made it tough. You had to have something at least two ounces to punch it out there with the south wind. All fish on metal lips.

seamonkey
11-30-2016, 10:01 AM
AC tackle shops are reporting some nice stripers within the last 3 days. Fingers crossed that they hug the coast and we see some of those bad boys soon in cape may.