PDA

View Full Version : sharing fishing info without blowing things up

baitstealer
11-10-2016, 12:52 AM
On Wednesday I witnessed hordes of guys coming down to the beach when the blitzes started. Within a half hour there were hundreds.
Was just wondering how you guys share your intel, and if you are doing anything to keep things quiet when you know its good fishing. It was just out of hand what I saw. No fish were caught and people were acting like crazy men.

jigfreak
11-10-2016, 01:14 AM
The cellphone chains ruined it. You don't even have to search for fish anymore, just run down when your buddies call you. I have done that as well, but only share with a select group. especially if you are worried about info of a good night bite leaking out.

dogfish
11-10-2016, 02:19 AM
My rule of thumb is if you can trust someone as much as you would your wife, mother or father, then you can trust them. Still, sharing with less than a handful of friends for the last 10 years. Word gets out of a good bite and it spreads like wildfire. I fish MA and Rhody.
things have changed a lot. I suppose there's really no way to keep the canal quiet, but there are other spots that are much more productive.10 years ago if you opened your mouth about a good bite and spread it around to strangers, you would get lumped up when the fellas met up with you. Things have really changed.

Rip-Plugger
11-10-2016, 06:43 PM
in my fishing gang there are just 7 of us.
we don't share with others at all,it's always the 7 of us and we don't tell anything.
I learned that way or should I say was taught that way from my young days OTW.
when asked if I have been getting any fish by folks I know or don't but,are outside the gang I just say "some here and there".
otherwise we would find ourselves in a situation like jigfeak described.
I don't own a cell phone.
I have no need to be told where they are biting,I already know how to find fish and if they are not around,I will know it.

storminsteve
11-11-2016, 12:26 PM
I like what you said and I def like your style!

storminsteve
11-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Great thread. Everytime I have caught in daytime the last year on the beach, someone with a cell phone called his buddies in. I wish there was a way when that happens that we could take those guys and throw their cell phone into the water!

cowherder
11-11-2016, 12:39 PM
haha love it good one Steve! Throw their phone in the water and emphatically scream no fish for you!

surferman
11-11-2016, 01:30 PM
:clapping:lmao