PDA

View Full Version : The Nations First Ocean Plans

njdiver
12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Summary: Today, the National Ocean Council is releasing the Nation's first ocean plans - a historic collaboration among states, tribes, Federal agencies, and ocean stakeholders.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/12/07/nations-first-ocean-plans

cowherder
12-08-2016, 10:21 AM
That actually sounds very promising. at first it seems like a lot of gobbledygook to me, but I had to read it twice to understand. I wonder if anyone understand what "ecologically significant areas" are? I mean it's cool and all if they want to protect them but I am worried about Mpas. also if they are so concerned about the ecological areas, why didn't they get involved with the beach replenishment in New Jersey. I'm not a scientist but it seems to me almost all the bottom marine life was destroyed in those areas. According to the mission statement here that shouldn't be permitted. Am I off base on this?

storminsteve
12-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Yeah I was wondering about that too. Looks good on the surface, but doesn't if give the feds a little too much power?

voyager35
12-20-2016, 11:59 AM
I think something was needed. Hopefully they will be pointed in the right direction, thanks for sharing the info.

Rip-Plugger
12-20-2016, 07:25 PM
after having a read of this,it sure feels like the start of our great governments incrementalism's start.
I wouldn't be happy about this at all.
it's the beginning of them taking away what we love to do.
it may start out as something good for the environment but,it will morph into what we will all dread.
don't be fooled by them wanting/trying to fix the ocean,they will take what we love and make it part of days gone by.
with this,now they will have their foot in the door and maybe our grand kids kids won't be allowed to fish.
it all starts out with a smile and we want to help,then BAM!,,no fishing signs go up a while later.
I am not with this deal at all.
I'm just sharing my $1.50 and no I am not paranoid,,,,I really hope I am totally wrong.

Rip-Plugger
12-20-2016, 07:26 PM
I say that if they want to help,they should stop the netters from killing all those bass seen floating dead down in N.C.