PDA

View Full Version : Sandy hook false rip closed already- w*t*f???????????

lostatsea
03-06-2017, 09:16 PM
:2flip: WHY????? I hate New Jersey! Just read this in Al Ristoris column tonight. It S*U*C*KS!:2flip:
"Sandy Hook ALREADY has put up the fenced-off stretches of beach -- and there are BIG sections involved -- to protect the pain-in-the-butt piping plovers.* Of course, Sandy Hook's go right down to the water line which makes fishing really tough for surfcasters."

bababooey
03-06-2017, 09:28 PM
hmmmm. looks like boat sales might be up this year.:fishing:

Monty
03-07-2017, 06:32 AM
hmmmm. looks like boat sales might be up this year.:fishing:

Hopefully gas prices go through the roof. Keep down the boat traffic.:HappyWave:

I had never heard of them shutting down that area this early. Sucks.

finchaser
03-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Hopefully gas prices go through the roof. Keep down the boat traffic.:HappyWave:

I had never heard of them shutting down that area this early. Sucks.

What's your car run on, Mr. NY? :HappyWave:

jigfreak
03-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Monty what is it with you and boats? Everyone's got the right to fish however the heck they want. who made you the boat Nazi? Sheesh.

jigfreak
03-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Sandy Hook false rip has become a toilet training ground for googs and idiots who can't catch fish somewhere else. I say good riddens.
a long time ago it was good, now it sucks.

surferman
03-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Score 1 for the nature lovers and Peta.
score 0 fir the fishermen. I don't think we can save the plovers, maybe we should just let them go extinct. Read something about Cape May having 23 breeding pairs. all that protection and there's only 46 Birds. maybe they're just too dumb to live on their own.

cowherder
03-07-2017, 09:06 AM
What's your car run on, Mr. NY? :HappyWave:

Lol! yeah, when gas prices rise we all suffer.
terrible news.I can't believe they closed so early. Any of you old-timers remember it being like this?

fishrich
03-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Lol! yeah, when gas prices rise we all suffer.
terrible news.I can't believe they closed so early. Any of you old-timers remember it being like this?

I never remember it closing as early as this. It usually closes a little before the bathers show up memorial day. Are the birds even there this early?

buckethead
03-07-2017, 01:25 PM
This is the earliest I can remember as well. It used to be free to fish sandy hook, that was decades back. I haven't been up there in years because of the crowds. Have been fishing stretches of beach closer to home.

buckethead
03-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Could also have something to do with the beach replenshment. Maybe they don't want the liability of folks falling into holes or soft sand that hasn't settled yet.

Monty
03-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Monty what is it with you and boats? Everyone's got the right to fish however the heck they want. who made you the boat Nazi? Sheesh.

It was the boat fisherman that made me hate them with a passion.
Inconsiderate, careless bunch they are. :viking:

Haven't fisher the Hook in two years.
Good memories fishing there.
Then things changed.

One of my last trips there was a boat spooling a guy.... and before that one....a guy spooning a guy...

hookset
03-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Sandy Hook false rip has become a toilet training ground for googs and idiots who can't catch fish somewhere else. I say good riddens.

Agree 100%

hookset
03-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Plovers taste like chicken. anyone got any plover recipes?

finchaser
03-08-2017, 04:05 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping:^^^^

PETA=People Eating Tender Animals

Blazin420
03-09-2017, 08:57 AM
so true place has become a joke don't even go there much anymore...Once in a blue ill sneak out when the conditions keep people away but that's about it...What sucks more is all those googs gotta go somewhere else which means some of my other spots get over run with those yo-yos...sucks all around..Gotta love Jersey

hookedonbass
03-09-2017, 11:44 AM
:scared::^^^ They are all going to migrate south and invade Island Beach State Park.

plugcrazy
03-10-2017, 04:09 PM
It was the boat fisherman that made me hate them with a passion....
One of my last trips there was a boat spooling a guy.... and before that one....a guy spooning a guy...

No offense, but you seem real angry. What is the etiquette when you run into a guy spooning with another guy? Were you at the gay beach?:whoo:

bababooey
03-10-2017, 04:24 PM
^^^^^ Lol monty you should have jumped right in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2MRgM2Nsk

Monty
03-10-2017, 06:56 PM
No offense, but you seem real angry. What is the etiquette when you run into a guy spooning with another guy? Were you at the gay beach?:whoo:
False Rip, arond 2 or 3 am. Of coarse I wish nothing good for boat fisherman. You wish good to people who show zero respect for others?

:ROFLMAO, not my thing, in any way, they can do there thing, just wish they would have moved over some dune.

stripermania
03-11-2017, 07:50 AM
False Rip, arond 2 or 3 am. Of coarse I wish nothing good for boat fisherman. You wish good to people who show zero respect for others?

My cousin has a boat and we have nailed some nice stripers off that boat. Good times. Seems to me you may be generalizing about all people because of the behavior of a few.
Would you generalize that all black people are bad just because some of them dress like thugs and commit crimes?
Would you generalize that all Italians are bad just because some happen to be involved in organized crime?

cowherder
03-11-2017, 09:18 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2MRgM2Nsk

Omg this is hilarious!

porgy75
03-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Truly disgusting clips, thanks so much. Threw up a little bit in my mouth when watching.

williehookem
03-12-2017, 08:34 AM
They're trying the same thing over here. Didn't do it yet, but I read the closings will be much earlier this year. Sucks.

basshunter
03-12-2017, 08:42 AM
It's a really messed up society we live in when plovers are more important than people.

Rip-Plugger
03-13-2017, 02:30 AM
do these plovers even nest there?
if they were disturbed,they would go somewhere else I would think.

storminsteve
03-13-2017, 08:55 AM
I have seen a few pairs. They are way over the top with this though. For example months after the plovers have nested and gone they still have the cages up and the area blocked off. I think the tree huggers are winning.

bababooey
03-14-2017, 06:27 PM
:ROFLMAO, not my thing, in any way, they can do there thing, just wish they would have moved over some dune.

you never indulged in swordplay? Let your freak flag fly!

bababooey
03-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Let's not pick on Monte too much. They say some women have penis envy. Maybe he has "boat envy"?:HappyWave:

Monty
03-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Let's not pick on Monte too much. They say some women have penis envy. Maybe he has "boat envy"?:HappyWave:

Hate, disgust and dismay are a lot different than envy.
And I use the word dismay because I am dismayed at the selfish, single minded stupidity many of these boat fisherman display.
Maybe before a boat fisherman leaves a dock they need to sign a piece of paper saying they realize they are not the only people out there using the water? That respect for others should be considered and given.

J Barbosa
03-15-2017, 01:06 PM
I can't disagree with you because the truth is I hate most other boaters as well.

I surf, kayak and boat fish so I know what it's like and try to stay out of the way of others. For 99% of my fishing, I am nowhere near casting distance to a surf fisherman and I give kayakers plenty of space UNLESS they are in the middle of a busy channel then they get treated like a boater.

ledhead36
03-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Most people only know how to catch by going to where others are catching.

cowherder
03-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Rofl @ boat envy.

bababooey
03-20-2017, 08:46 PM
You dont need to worry about boat envy if you break down and buy one. I'll make it easy, I'll contribute $100 towards Monty's first boat purchase.:fishing:

Monty
03-20-2017, 09:01 PM
You dont need to worry about boat envy if you break down and buy one. I'll make it easy, I'll contribute $100 towards Monty's first boat purchase.:fishing:

LOL, you couldn't give me a boat. I really have incredible disdain for them and their captains.
But I give you a lot of credit, this is hilarious. :HappyWave::HappyWave:

storminsteve
03-21-2017, 06:18 AM
You're the grey poupon guy of surf fishing.:HappyWave:

cowherder
11-22-2017, 07:43 AM
Most people only know how to catch by going to where others are catching.
I love this! It should be the new slogan for FB fishermen.

cowherder
11-22-2017, 07:45 AM
Btw the Rip is still blocked off with the dredging, and I heard some guys got tickets for trespassing the other day. Be careful out there Gents.

VSdreams
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Heard that too thanks for the heads up.