PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight on freshwater Lakes, Ponds, and Rivers

bunkerjoe4
07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Well folks, it seems that throughout the United States, participation in freshwater fishing has declined. This is especially true in NJ, where the DEP recently launched a campaign to bring anglers back to the sweet water places. I guess they really miss the declining license revenue.:rolleyes:

Here's a quote from another post in this forum:

"If it’s been a while since you’ve gone fishing in New Jersey, the Department of Environmental Protection has a special message for you: We want you back.

That’s the upshot of a newly launched direct-mail and radio-advertising campaign that invites anglers to rediscover the pleasures of freshwater fishing and reminds them that fishing in New Jersey is time and money well spent.
“New Jersey’s thousands of miles of rivers and streams and more than 4,000 reservoirs, lakes and ponds offer some of the finest freshwater fishing available anywhere on the East Coast,” DEP Commissioner Lisa P. Jackson said.

“Find out what you’ve been missing; come back to fishing in New Jersey. It’s top-quality recreation close to home.”

I have recently seen a trend with friends and acquaintances who live far from the salt - to spend more time in fresh water lakes. They just can't justify travelling to the ocean with high fuel prices and restrictive fishing limits.

Although I try to discourage spot-burning, it appears the State of NJ needs our help (and the extra licensing revenue). ;) So I will be putting up a series of posts here, each dedicated to, and showcasing, a particular body of fresh water.

I have many other things going on, so this may take a while. In the meantime, if anyone would be so kind to assist with these posts, I would be grateful. The body of water doesn't have to be in NJ, can be any freshwater body in the United States. However, it would be nice if we could showcase some of the lesser known ones.

Because I am always sensitive to possibilities of spot burning, if anyone feels these posts are becoming too specific, and at least a few members pm me with the same concern, I would be glad to edit as needed.

You would pick a lake you have fished, write a personalized story about it, a few descriptive paragraphs about your trip, maybe a 1/4 page, about your experiences, along with 3 to 5 photos to accompany your story.

Photos can be no larger than 74k, contact me if you have trouble re-sizing. I will be glad to help.

I could probably send you some freshwater tackle item for your effort, some type of lure, rubber worm packs, something like that. :wow:

Hope this sounds fair. I am working on some technical things for the site, setting up an online store, and other details, so there are just not enough hours in a day. Look forward to seeing how creative you folks can be! :thumbsup: