PDA

View Full Version : Best Valued boats out there?

VSdreams
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, just joined the site. The recent bad economy got me thinking about a boat and the good deals out there. But some of these boats may not hold their value long term. So I am asking for any advice about the best brands out there, and the boats that will hold their value in the long run?
This is for those who have owned or been on boats a lot. Thanks in advance. BTW great site.

CharlieTuna
07-25-2008, 11:16 PM
My friend has a Northcoast20, rigged with merc, ff, gps, electronics, 4 years old, paid around $28k. He's real happy with the purchase, what kind of price range are you looking at? I also think Maritime skiffs are a good boat if you are looking to spend less $$, they seem to hold their value.

VSdreams
07-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice. Should have been a little more clear, $30 k would be my absolute top limit, actually want to spend no more than $25k if possible. Can't afford a Grady, or even a new boat. Just want to get something that is a little below that in quality, 18-21', that will hold its value. Hope this gives you a better idea of what I'm looking for.