PDA

View Full Version : Techniques -- Fishing a Mambo minnow or similar profile plug

bunkerjoe4
07-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Several of out newest members have mentioned that they appreciate coming here, but feel somewhat intimidated by our members who have years of experience, and know how to modify their fishing for different situations.

That's a good point. If you are inexperienced, you can be nearby an angler who is using the same setup as you, and outfishing you 5 to 1. I decided to set up a series of threads to help our newest members learn "How" and "Why". The "where" will be your responsibility. :learn: ;)

If we can teach you how and why, then we have accomplished our goal of helping people to become better anglers. Anyone is welcome to join in, and give their feedback on what works for them in different conditions. :thumbsup:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/misc/progress.gif

stripercrazy
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I fish a Mambo similar to a bomber, but sometimes they work when bombers won't. The best results I have had with them is fishing them in close, right after the last breaking wave, either coming straight in, or following the swell direction of the waves, retreiving between the breaking waves.

skinner
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I fish them close to the wash as well, or sideways along the rocks, very slow. I do best with these near the end of the day, close to sunset.

albiealert
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I have some rivers I fish in Ct where there can be a lot of current. I like to look for a pool of water where there is an eddy, and fish mambos slowly across the eddies on the outgoing in the springtime.

storminsteve
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I like to fish them in the back bays in the spring, right off the tip of points or near rocks. Just lob them out, retrieve slowly, keep the line tight at all times.

Monty
10-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Have gotten a few bass in close (the wash and also in the trough) lately. Slow retrieve as per Storminsteve.

jigfreak
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
I like them for back bay, casting out at night on the flats, slow twitch, back to the retrieve. They are great with all the small bait around.

jigfreak
10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
The best results I have had with them is fishing them in close, right after the last breaking wave, either coming straight in, or following the swell direction of the waves, retreiving between the breaking waves.

This too.