PDA

View Full Version : Beach treasure

fishinmission78
07-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Last week I found a chick's thong on the walk to a place I fish. No chick anywhere near them.:( So what are the strangest things you found while fishing?

wish4fish
07-28-2008, 01:10 AM
i found a pool cue and a few high end custom plugs near deal after a noreaster once. fishin, what did you do with that thong - did you go looking for the chick who lost it?

fishinmission78
07-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Nope, it was 4am, chick was long gone, tossed em in the trash.:D

wish4fish
07-28-2008, 01:24 AM
yeah, but I bet you sniffed them before you tossed, lol.;)

fishinmission78
07-28-2008, 01:31 AM
I think they were extra large, looked like you could fit a walrus in them. So I tossed em. If I actually had seen the chick drop them, and she looked like Kate Hutchinson, they might have accidentally found their way into my tackle bag. :laugh:

wish4fish
07-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok dude, if you say so...;)

hookedonbass
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I found a few cool pencil and bottle poppers after a storm, not as great as fishinmission, but at least they were something I could USE! :D

wish4fish
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM
I found a few cool pencil and bottle poppers after a storm, not as great as fishinmission, but at least they were something I could USE! :D

hey, how do we know he didn't use them? :laugh:

dogfish
07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Found a good quality headlamp, good fillet knife, decent pliers, all at different times,

plugginpete
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Decent folding knife, a stainless money clip (without any money in it):(

clamchucker
07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Bronco surf bag, rolled in the suds, some custom plugs still in it. I use it to this day.

stormchaser
08-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Found a habs needle, had been tossed around for awhile. I changed out the hooks, and it still catches. :wheeeee:

CharlieTuna
08-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Rolex watch, but I found out it was fake when I checked.

bluesdude71
08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Found a couple banged up wooden plugs. Brought them back to my garage, sanded and repainted over the winter, new vmc's, good as new.

dogfish
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
When I was a kid, we found the bottom half of a mannikin on the beach, drew the bearded clam on it with a magic marker. Hey, we were just kids, great fun.:D

williehookem
08-08-2008, 11:31 PM
One good korker, left it there in case whoever lost it came back.

buckethead
09-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Found a keychain when I was 18. Contacted the number on the tag to return it.

When the person met me, turned out she was a 30year old milf, divorced and very angry at her husband. She was so grateful she invited me out for coffee. Much more grateful that night, and for the rest of the summer.:naughty: Best summer of my life so far.:drool:

cowherder
10-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Found a few plugs after the last storms we had near SH beaches. Nothing great, all plastic, but going to use them for bluefish.

dogfish
10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Here's a post fom another site, a captain lost his rod and reel setup last year. Snagged it while fishing this year. Find of the year.:clapping:

[Out last night catching more Blues under the bright moonlight and stars with Nick.

All kinds of bait were jumping out of the water.

THOUSANDS of spearing could be seen whenever we turned a light on the water! WHAT A SIGHT!!

Hooked into something HEAVY, but not fighting.

When it finally came up, it was the ROD AND REEL that had been pulled out of my boat LAST YEAR!!!

What are the odds of that?

It's the one in a million CATCH OF A LIFETIME!!!

I'm still cleaning up the inlet for all of you...]

strikezone31
10-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Found an old coin a few years ago. Worth about $30.

williehookem
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Back in the beginning of the fall, maybe October, I got a few nice plugs walking the Moses beaches the morning after a noreaaster.

Rip-Plugger
12-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but I bet you sniffed them before you tossed, lol.;)

hahaaa,like Rick James said,"gimme the sweet,funky stuff" 'cause it is sweet and is known to be funky,,,

R-P

surfstix1963
12-12-2008, 02:51 AM
A whale vertabrae gave it to my daughter to take to school.

voyager35
02-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Ringwood police appeal for Roderick’s relatives to reclaim urn

Saturday 14th February 2009

By Chris Yandell

IT has to be one of the most unusual items of lost property ever handed in.

An urn containing the ashes of a man who died 17 months ago is awaiting collection at Ringwood police station after being found at nearby Blashford Lakes.
A walker was enjoying an afternoon stroll at the popular fishing spot yesterday when he made the bizarre discovery.
An inscription on the side of the metal container says the remains are those of Roderick Nigel Jones, who died on September 2, 2007.

Now police are urging his next of kin to come forward and retrieve the precious object.
The urn is in the safe keeping of Ian Hunt, pictured, a former New Forest beat bobby who retired last year and is now a civilian employee at the police station.
He said: “I don’t think it’s been stolen and can only assume it was left there because Mr Jones either liked fishing or regarded it as one of his favourite places.

“It’s strange that it’s only just been found. Perhaps someone had it for a while and put it there recently. If it’s not claimed it might be destroyed, which would be a tragedy and certainly not something you’d want for a loved one.”

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/hampshirenews/4126569.Urn_found_by_fishing_lake_handed_to_police/

albiealert
02-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I found a pool cue and a few high end custom plugs near Deal after a noreaster once. fishin, what did you do with that thong - did you go looking for the chick who lost it?

Yeah, but I bet you sniffed them before you tossed, lol.;)

Hey, how do we know he didn't use them? :laugh:

:ROFLMAO: This stuff is great, entertaining as hell.

I found a beaten up compass. It worked for a few years.

albiealert
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Found a keychain when I was 18. Contacted the number on the tag to return it.

When the person met me, turned out she was a 30year old milf, divorced and very angry at her husband. She was so grateful she invited me out for coffee. Much more grateful that night, and for the rest of the summer.:naughty: Best summer of my life so far.:drool:

Yeah, maybe. :rolleyes: I would be more inclined to believe you if you had pics.
:ttiwwop:

Monty
02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Not a treasure... but I found this.........

DarkSkies
02-16-2009, 10:42 PM

:laugh: :clapping: Hey man I know those rocks. Someone left a blue thermos there in the spring, was that you? ;)

jonthepain
02-17-2009, 08:51 AM
YOU FOUND TWEETY! Oh thank you thank you thank you!

oohhh tweeeeetieee booohooo booo hooo booo hooo

oh i thought i'd never see you again

thank you thank you thank you booohooohooohooo

oooohhh tweeeeeetieeeeee

DarkSkies
02-17-2009, 08:55 AM
^^ :ROFLMAO: I wonder if you ever considered doin open mike nights at the comedy clubs, Jon? ;)

Monty
02-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Nope, that was not mine (I carry as little as possible), I went there often this past year, think I saw you one morning, if I rememder corectly you said you sometimes take 2 poles, I remember seeing someone with 2 poles one time back there. Around 7 or 8 in the morning (maybe not you because it was light out:huh:)

:laugh: :clapping: Hey man I know those rocks. Someone left a blue thermos there in the spring, was that you? ;)

DarkSkies
02-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Monty, that might have me, takin the 2 poles shows you how OCD I really am.
One night in the fall, I was night fishin with some members here, snapped my rod on the 5th cast. I tried to be an authentic surf guy and was only carrying one rod that night. So, like the goog that I am,:D had to hoof it back to the vehicle for the spare rod, it was 40 minutes before I was fishin again.

That's one of the reasons I changed my outlook on VSs and higher end gear. I'll try to change it up the VS and better rod setup as I get the money. In the meantime, I'm the guy with 2 rods, and the goog bucket (sometimes) that says "Googan bucket/effumall" in black magic marker. If ya see that bucket, ya found me. ;)

cowherder
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
One good korker, left it there in case whoever lost it came back.

I found one Korker on the beach on NJ last year. I did the same thing, pulled it up out of the tide line and left it high and dry on a flat rock thinking its owner might come back.

plugcrazy
01-26-2010, 06:54 PM
A never-opened bottle of Jack Daniels. Still had the seal intact, otherwise I wouldn't have drank it. :plastered:

storminsteve
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
The best I did last year was some empty tampon applicators. Glad I didn't find any hypodermic needles or coney island whitefish, though.:upck:

mydixiewrecked
01-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Here's a post fom another site, a captain lost his rod and reel setup last year. Snagged it while fishing this year. Find of the year.:clapping:

[Out last night catching more Blues under the bright moonlight and stars with Nick.

All kinds of bait were jumping out of the water.

THOUSANDS of spearing could be seen whenever we turned a light on the water! WHAT A SIGHT!!

Hooked into something HEAVY, but not fighting.

When it finally came up, it was the ROD AND REEL that had been pulled out of my boat LAST YEAR!!!

What are the odds of that?

It's the one in a million CATCH OF A LIFETIME!!!

I'm still cleaning up the inlet for all of you...]

Started out one day with lures. Cast my AVA with green tail a dozen times before the line snapped and i lost it( so i thought). switched to clams and 2 casts later while reeling in to change my bait i pull up onto the beach my AVA with the green tail and 20 yards of my white PP. The best part, i hooked the split ring connecting the hook and lure of the AVA; no joke! wish i had a camera. Don't even remember if i caught fish that day, but i'll never forget hooking MY lure that lost 30 minutes earlier.

DarkSkies
01-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Don't even remember if i caught fish that day, but i'll never forget hooking MY lure that lost 30 minutes earlier.

:cool: Cool story, what are the odds of that? You shoulda played the lottery when ya got home that night. :D

rip316
01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Darkskies. You finding my rod and getting it back to me is pretty unbelievable in my mind.

Hdcycles
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Found a pair of $350 Gucci sunglasses on the north shore last summer.

crosseyedbass
04-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I came across a guy doing his hottie girl near a cove. Now that was a find!:drool:

VSdreams
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM

Tweety! I tawt I saw a ***** cat! lol

speedy
03-11-2011, 02:58 AM
no rip dark was trying to get your sammiches

speedy
03-11-2011, 03:06 AM
i found a.... lumi-nox..watch on the beach 2 years ago i went home and looked it up on the computer 350.00 clams..:wow::wow::wow::bigeyes:... that was a great find!!!!!!!