PDA

View Full Version : Beginners luck woman fisherman

dogfish
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/803/gillhudspeth545365acz6.jpg

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: Today

A NOVICE angler is celebrating a huge haul - on her first fishing effort.
Gill Hudspeth, 58, hooked a 72lb catfish the first time she fished with a rod and reel on holiday with her husband and two friends in France.

Her huge haul blew her husband Maurice’s best ever catch of 42lbs straight out of the water.

Mrs Hudspeth, from Wilford, Nottinghamshire, today said she had never taken up fishing, despite the fact her husband has been a keen angler for 48 years.

She said: “Mo match fishes every Sunday, he’s very serious about it.

Chuffed

“But I don’t do it enough to be worth me getting a licence.

“We have been going to France for the past four years now. Usually I’m just chef and bottle washer but I decided to have a go this time.

“It was the first time I had done it with a rod and reel.”

Her 72lb catfish, caught within an hour of fishing on the first day of their holiday in June, broke the record for the lake near Le Mans.

Over the week Mrs Hudspeth landed 11 more fish, not far behind her husband’s catch of 16.

She added: “Mo has never caught anything that big. He’s got a bit of stick from people but he was really chuffed for me.

“I’ll definitely have another play. It was great fun, we had a fantastic time.”

This is why I don't take my wife with me.:D Still a nice catch no matter who caught it.:clapping:

williehookem
08-06-2008, 04:33 PM
I bring my chick with me sometimes in the daytime. She likes to catch, but doesn't like baiting the hook, so I help her. That catfish is huge, but almost doesn't look like a catfish.

katiefishes
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Lets hear it for the girls!!!:clapping:

stormchaser
08-08-2008, 07:59 PM
wtg, nice fish:thumbsup: