PDA

View Full Version : Techniques: How to fish a t-hex?

cowherder
08-19-2008, 12:49 AM
I know he makes a couple kinds, I picked up a needlefish with black feather, think it's 3oz. Theres some smaller ones, 1and 2oz. How do you fish them? Only when the sandeels are around, or can I fish them now?

BassBuddah
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
There are a few different style t-hex, but for the sandeel one, I cast out as far as it will go, try the fast steady retrieve in case albies are round. If no action that way, I slow it down.

bababooey
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I like to cast them sideways and diagonally into the surf, following the wave pattern, and retrieve just under the surface, maybe skipping to the top every now and then like a scared spearing.

storminsteve
01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
I drag them a bit, keep close to the bottom, popping them up every now and then just slightly. Trying to act like a sandeel on the bottom stirring up the sand.

finchaser
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
I drag them a bit, keep close to the bottom, popping them up every now and then just slightly. Trying to act like a sandeel on the bottom stirring up the sand.

what he said with a teaser in front of it, one of the few times i use a teaser

Simp
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Not a big fan of the T-Hex's. Seem to tumble pretty good for me for some reason. Definitely cuts down on my distance. I can put an AVA on and immediately get 20 more yards. Not sure why the T-Hex's tumble for me.:don't know why: Lots of people use them and do really well with them, so they're very popular.

williehookem
07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I like the thex peanut bunker, the peanutss are building up now in the back bays and they should soon start to produce.

hookset
09-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Hint - the t-hex slim profiles are good now for albies, toss them and burn them in. Got one yesterday

crosseyedbass
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
To me they are great when the sandeels are thick. You can toss them from shore, jig up and down by doing an erratic retrieve, and they act just like a sandeel.