09-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Great opportunity for family fun.

Where: IBSP

When: Oct 6, 2008

Link and info:
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/pdf/2008/gsft08.pdf

fishinmission78
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey bunkerjoe, I didn't know where to put this, so figured here might be good. The tournament Sunday you are allowed to keep fluke as long as you are registered. Meanwhile the season is closed. I and many other guys who fish IBSP have been throwing back keepers for a while now. This pisses me off because all season we were getting shorts, now we get a keeper here and there, and we can't keep them. But people in the tournament can, something about this just don't seem right.:burn:

Here's a quote by guppie from her site, hope you will allow it. She is saying the same thing. Maybe it's not popular to talk about it this way, but it's the truth, and it sucks: http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

Hi Guys & Gals.
I had no intentions of posting this tournament for the simple reason, many many anglers who have spent lots of money all fluke season only to have to release their catch, We were all told that there was a shortage on fluke??
But commercial netters can keep fish 14 1/2 ",
Every year they give us a cut off day early, just in time for the big keeper fluke to start, and now just for the tournament your allowed to keep 8 fluke , only if your in the tournament, this should have been for all of NJ anglers along the shore line.
I spend many days at Island Beach State Park watching anglers after the cut off day hooking up with some nice big fatties and having to release them..
An now for the Governors tournament you can keep 8 as long as you pay to get in to the tournament?? something is wrong with the system.
Sounds like to me if every one joins the tournament every one cane keep 8 fluke Sunday, not a bad deal., just another money making deal for the great state of NJ. I am happy for all the anglers who fish the tournament, at least some will be able to catch and keep their fluke catch, it still makes me wonder about all these regulations?

bunkerjoe4
10-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Fishinmission, there is no problem with quoting guppie on this site. From what I have read about her, the woman has moxie, and is not afraid to speak her mind. :clapping: That may alienate some, but at least she is clear as to her likes and dislikes.

On this issue, I agree with her. Many of our members, like you, fish IBSP regularly, and are sick and tired of throwing back short fish all season. Now, when the keepers are literally in the wash, you folks can't, while those registered for Saturday's tournament get special priveleges.

That's the problem with special priveleges. When the law is not followed to the letter, you get people developing resentments. I think the Governor's tournament is a good tournament, but I wish they would address this one issue so the majority of fishermen feel there is equality here.

As some said, the state could decree this one day as a day for all fishermen along the coast to fish for legal sized fluke, or come up with another solution. Something should be done. http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon3.gif