PDA

View Full Version : Korkers

jigfreak
09-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Looking for a good pair, what should I buy? Found this article, sure would like some recommended brands to look into.

Corkers-Corkers are sandals with spikes on the bottom and straps that can be worn over the top of
wader shoes. Corkers provide a great deal of added traction in slimy, boulder filled waters.
Considered a little heavy by some they are an invaluable piece of footgear if you spend any amount of
time in that kind of environment. The spikes are replaceable. Some anglers will even drive small
round-headed screws into the bottom of their waders to provide a similar effect.

dogfish
09-27-2008, 05:36 PM
The new official Korkers 5000 series supposably has nore studs than the older ones, they're a good deal for around $50-60.

After awhile, the laces and straps could wear from high usage, so there is a higher end model replacable brass studs, and tube like straps instead of the old straps, around $100.

Depends on how many times youll be using them.

Some pics of the higher end models

porgy75
03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm looking into my first pair of korkers. Just wondering if the strap on's are better than the boots. I saw some streamborn boots but there are no studs on the toes. Thought maybe the strap-ons might be better.

fishincrazy
03-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm looking into my first pair of korkers. Just wondering if the strap on's are better than the boots. I saw some streamborn boots but there are no studs on the toes. Thought maybe the strap-ons might be better.

Love my Korker boots!!!!!!! So much moer comfortable!!!!!I've got these!!

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/fishincrazy/korker.jpg

FC

bababooey
03-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Love my Korker boots!!!!!!! So much moer comfortable!!!!!I've got these!!

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/fishincrazy/korker.jpg

FC

They look comfortable FC, how much did you pay for them if you don't mind me asking?

hookset
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Has anyone made there own korkers? Are they effective as the ones sold in tackle stores?

baitstealer
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Tried my new korkers yesterday. Got them at cabalas at the end of the season last year. I think I paid around $80 for them. What a big difference. I am so :lookhappy:.