View Full Version : Baiting with tapeworms

fishinmission78
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Met an old timer on the jetty the other day, he swears by tapeworms. I tried to hit up the back bay once, pitchfork and mud shoes in the flats at low tide, but didn't do too well.

Anyone here have the skills? :D Any way you could help me to make it easier? Not looking for spots, just the technique, I must be doing something wrong.

dogfish
09-28-2008, 05:27 PM
You can go during low tide, as the tide is still going out, near slack. Extreme low diring a full moon phase is even better. Some patches will only produce skinny, stringy bloodworms, and tapeworms. Look for an area where they have a lot of food, ie microscopic critters as part of a tidal flow, ect.

Take your pitchfork, dig a deep forkful. Lift up, watch as the tappeworms will quickly try to slide deeper.

If you get more than half of them and are patient, they will come out. Otherwise they will break. Can use them anyway, but better to use whole ones.

ledhead36
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I was wondering if anyone is using tapeworms this time of year?

jonthepain
12-02-2008, 08:11 PM
wish i'd known before i took my dog to the vet

wish4fish
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM

dude you're illin, lol. :kooky:;)

skinner
12-03-2008, 11:28 AM
^^ Reminds me of this joke...:D

A man and his newlywed check into a mountain resort by a lake. The desk clerk notices the "Just Married" sign still on the car. As soon as the man gets the luggage out of the car, he hops in a boat to go fishing.

He is out all day, comes back for a quick supper, picks up his lantern and goes back out at night. This goes on for a couple of days when the man happens to stop by the desk. The clerk starts a conversation with the man and mentions his behavior.

"I know it's none of my business, but I was wondering why you weren't having sex with your new wife."

"Oh, I couldn't do that; she has gonorrhea."

"Well, what about anal sex?"

"Couldn't do that; she has diarrhea."

"There is always oral sex."

"Nope, she has pyorrhea."

"Wait a second. If she has gonorrhea, diarrhea, and pyorrhea, why did you marry her?"

"That's easy. She also has worms, and I love to fish!"

jigfreak
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM

"Wait a second. If she has gonorrhea, diarrhea, and pyorrhea, why did you marry her?"

:ROFLMAO: :clapping: good one

storminsteve
02-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm highly offended! I clicked on this expecting to find some real info about using tapeworms for striped bass. Instead I find this!:eek: Great fun, guys. :ROFLMAO:

cowherder
02-25-2009, 11:17 PM

A man and his newlywed check into a mountain resort by a lake. The desk clerk notices the "Just Married" sign still on the car. As soon as the man gets the luggage out of the car, he hops in a boat to go fishing.

He is out all day, comes back for a quick supper, picks up his lantern and goes back out at night. This goes on for a couple of days when the man happens to stop by the desk. The clerk starts a conversation with the man and mentions his behavior.

"I know it's none of my business, but I was wondering why you weren't having sex with your new wife."

:ROFLMAO: OK, I really want to know is anyone using tapeworms for the Spring, or do you guys just use them in the summer? It makes sense that the bass feed on the flats where they are, but I was wondering if they feed on the tapeworms too?

hookedonbass
02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I would wait awhile until the water warms up a bit. You could get them now and might freeze your fingers even letting a pitchfork do most of the work. It would be a lot easier when the water is in the 50's.

dogfish
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM

I first heard this about 10 years ago. Never gets old...:D

jonthepain
02-27-2009, 09:56 AM
dude you're illin, lol. :kooky:;)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/Tip-Hat-1.gif

hookset
03-01-2011, 08:36 AM
I would wait awhile until the water warms up a bit. You could get them now and might freeze your fingers even letting a pitchfork do most of the work. It would be a lot easier when the water is in the 50's.

The only solid piece of advice in this whole thead? Boy you guys are a bunch of jokers for sure.:kooky: i would add that you can take a piece of stocking to wrap them in so they don't come off the hook.

jonthepain
03-06-2011, 04:02 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e248/jonthepain/baitstore.jpg

rip316
03-07-2011, 06:38 AM

It will be really soon.

rockhopper
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
jonthepain you are sick guy, really sick!:scared:

rockhopper
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Finding worms - these guys had a pretty good video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL1TgIsOeFk

porgy75
03-07-2011, 10:58 PM
cool.

jonthepain
03-08-2011, 08:03 AM
we used to dig sandworms by the navy pier. dam things bite!

dogfish
01-11-2013, 03:05 PM
we used to dig sandworms by the navy pier. dam things bite!

You should see the sandworms we have up here. Big, juicy, nasty and love to bite!