PDA

View Full Version : Please forward to help promote cancer awareness

DarkSkies
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Good friend sent me this today. I think his wife has cancer, I have been praying for her. My Aunt has cancer too, and is beyond the Chemo treatments, has decided to live out her last days without chemo.

So this is for his wife, and my Aunt. Anyone who wants to pass it along, please do, thank you.

A small request: All you are asked to do is keep this circulating.

Dear God, I pray for the cure of cancer. Amen& nbsp;

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, Even if it's to one moreperson.
In memory of anyone you know that has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.

bababooey
09-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Very sorry to hear that, I will pass this on, and thoughts and prayers for both of your families.

dogfish
09-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry man, will forward this through e-mail, thoughts and prayers to your aunt and friends wife.

surferman
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear about it. Will keep everyone in my prayers, and will pass this alone.

buckethead
10-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Ailing Democratic donor obtains experimental drug

By PAUL J. WEBER – 3 hours ago
DALLAS (AP) — An ailing Democratic fundraiser has obtained an experimental cancer-fighting drug through the Mayo Clinic, according to his son, despite the drug maker's refusal to sanction the treatment.
Fred Baron, a prominent political donor linked to the John Edwards mistress scandal, received the drug Tysabri after a "legal basis" for its use was found, his son Andrew Baron said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. He didn't elaborate.

Baron has described Tysabri as a "last chance effort for life" in his 61-year-old father's battle with late-stage multiple myeloma. Doctors last week gave Fred Baron only days to live, his son said.
Tysabri is approved for people with multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease, but is only in the early clinical trial stage for multiple myeloma.
Patients can seek to use drugs outside the authorized use under what the Food and Drug Administration calls single-patient investigations. But permission must ultimately come from the drug manufacturer, said Judy Leon, an FDA spokeswoman.
Biogen Idec Inc., which manufactures Tysabri, didn't grant permission to treat Fred Baron with the drug, company spokeswoman Naomi Aoki said late Thursday. Biogen has maintained the regulatory risks of giving him special access to Tysabri are too great.

The company stood by its decision despite appeals from such prominent figures as former President Bill Clinton and cyclist Lance Armstrong.
Andrew Baron said the Mayo Clinic, working with the FDA, found a legal basis for using Tysabri on his father.
Mayo Clinic spokesman John Murphy said he had no information about the case. Leon said the FDA could not comment on individual cases, but said no preferential treatment had been given to Baron.

The FDA approved about 250 single-patient investigations in 2007, Leon said.

Fred Baron has bankrolled millions for Democrats in Texas. He made headlines this summer when he acknowledged sending money to Edwards' former mistress. Baron has said Edwards had no involvement with the payments, which were used to resettle Rielle Hunter, Edwards' former mistress, in California.
Aoki has said there is no data showing Tysabri would work in Fred Baron's case. He was turned down for the company's clinical trial, but Aoki said she could not say why.
Aoki said Tysabri was first approved for multiple sclerosis in 2004, then pulled from the market after three people taking the drug suffered a rare brain infection. Two died, she said.
It later returned to the market but with strict safety guidelines, including a requirement that physicians who prescribe Tysabri sign a form stating the drug is for someone with multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease.

DarkSkies
01-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Sent in by Speedy and Finchaser, thanks!

Small Request

I�n memory of our moms, dads, brothers and sisters, friends and loved ones of whom there are so many.�

This year has been one with too many diagnoses too close to home. �For all the friends, family, loved ones, and those we don't even know...

Friday is world cancer day - I'd appreciate it if you will forward this request

http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f40489%5fAJPFtEQAAMDaTS6irgbFFkuJl Ng&pid=1.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1�93% won't forward

A small request.. Just one line.

Dear God, I pray for a cure for cancer. �Amen

http://us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f40489%5fAJPFtEQAAMDaTS6irgbFFkuJl Ng&pid=1.3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, even if it's only to one more person.
In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle..

Please Keep This Candle Going