PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman characters

bababooey
10-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Loudmouth Loser- the guy who comes up to your spot on the sand when you are the only guy in that area for miles, starts talking non-stop, fishes within 5 feet of you, and doesn't ask if you mind. :beatin:

bababooey
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Caffeine Carl - the guy who just drank 9 cups of coffee to stay up all night fishing, and decides to visit right next to you. :rolleyes:

dogfish
10-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Cellphone clyde: the doofus who follows the blitzes around in a his oversized suv, guns n roses blaring, and won't get out of his truck until he sees dozens of other guys into fish.

bababooey
10-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Blitzkrieger Bob - spends his whole season in pursuit of blitz fishing, never finds fish on his own, rushes the beach like it was the runnning of the bulls, only when there is any action. Otherwise spends all his outdoors time talking at his truck about the big ones he used to catch back in the days of the dinosaurs. :laugh:

DarkSkies
10-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Shortpants McMugger - the guy who comes up and fishes so close you can hear him breathe, because you just happened to catch a fish. :laugh:

cowherder
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Shortpants McMugger - the guy who comes up and fishes so close you can hear him breathe, because you just happened to catch a fish. :laugh:

:clapping::laugh:

wish4fish
10-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Cellphone clyde: the doofus who follows the blitzes around in a his oversized suv, guns n roses blaring, and won't get out of his truck until he sees dozens of other guys into fish.

lmfao, musta seen guys like that hundreds of times, they won't move a muscle other than their flappin jaws until they see someone catch a fish. :clapping: :ROFLMAO:

paco33
10-10-2008, 07:45 PM

Funny stuff :clapping: If a guy gets so close to me I can feel him breathe, I'm breathing right back on him with my salami and cheese breath.Might even throw a couple farts in just for good measure. :D

hookedonbass
10-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Blitzkrieger Bob - spends his whole season in pursuit of blitz fishing, never finds fish on his own, rushes the beach like it was the runnning of the bulls, only when there is any action. Otherwise spends all his outdoors time talking at his truck about the big ones he used to catch back in the days of the dinosaurs. :laugh:

Seen guys like this too many times to count.:beatin:

storminsteve
12-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I love it! We should come up with more. :D

bababooey
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
We need someone with good photoshop skills. Ferris? Bueler? :laugh:

voyager35
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Honest Harry, aka recently divorced Harry :D

BassBuddah
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM

:clapping:This one's a classic. I have seen at least one guy who looks like this every season.

paco33
07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
This dopey guy puts up 10 rods at a time, just to "save" the space around him. Most frequently seen on long stretches of beach where you can drive on, like IBSP and AI.

Frankiesurf
07-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Speedy the Retriever

This is the guy who cranks in whatever he has on faster than any fish in the sea can actually swim.

Ray D. Reports
This guy is on every website (that has specific reports) and also reads The Fisherman like the Bible. He is always there the next day or week depending on his reading. Just missing the fish but always spurred on by "You should have been here yesterday" in hopes that he will eventually run into a fish that stuck around for the next day despite all of the pressure being put on.

I met this guy while fishing with a buddy. First my friend stepped back on the shore to rest his back for a minute. This guy was watching us and immediately tried to take his spot even though there was NOBODY on the beach. My friend made a comment so this guy walks right behind me and stops as I am ready to cast. He says " I would assume you want me on your right" I say " I really don't care where you go" so he takes maybe three steps to my right and stops. He put on a huge swimmer and makes a cast. The current is going right to left, where does he cast? Right across me to the left. I then informed him of that and of the etiquette but to no avail. The only saving grace was that his swimmer wasn't swimming, it was waterskiing. I felt like telling him to slow down but this was too amusing. I just kept up my regular casts to the right making sure my rod ended up in front of him at the end. He was in the water for a maximum of ten minutesbefore saying, " I read the reports on N****$t and there was fish here, Party Boats were killing them, I guess they left". With that so did he.

VSdreams
07-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Ray D. Reports
This guy is on every website (that has specific reports) and also reads The Fisherman like the Bible. He is always there the next day or week depending on his reading. Just missing the fish but always spurred on by "You should have been here yesterday" in hopes that he will eventually run into a fish that stuck around for the next day despite all of the pressure being put on.

I met this guy while fishing with a buddy. First my friend stepped back on the shore to rest his back for a minute. This guy was watching us and immediately tried to take his spot even though there was NOBODY on the beach. My friend made a comment so this guy walks right behind me and stops as I am ready to cast. He says " I would assume you want me on your right" I say " I really don't care where you go" so he takes maybe three steps to my right and stops. He put on a huge swimmer and makes a cast. The current is going right to left, where does he cast? Right across me to the left. I then informed him of that and of the etiquette but to no avail. The only saving grace was that his swimmer wasn't swimming, it was waterskiing. I felt like telling him to slow down but this was too amusing. I just kept up my regular casts to the right making sure my rod ended up in front of him at the end. He was in the water for a maximum of ten minutesbefore saying, " I read the reports on N****$t and there was fish here, Party Boats were killing them, I guess they left". With that so did he.

:laugh:Ha ha we need a picture to describe this guy!

VSdreams
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Here is Ray D:D

baitstealer
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
A lost cause.

http://www.cartoonfile.net/fishing_cartoons/fishing-cartoon47.gif (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_jV.VhK29kAjAOjzbkF/SIG=12lsqvatu/EXP=1247431509/**http%3A//www.cartoonfile.net/fishing_cartoons/fishing-cartoon47.gif)

DarkSkies
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
This guy could have been part of the Snow White movie in another life. As reported by Finchaser, maybe he can chime in with the details. Classic. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I guess Fin missed this. Hope he doesn't mind if I put it up for him.

He was making a move from one place to another early one morning. Coming off the beach was a guy SINGING into his sand spike! He was singing the words from Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

"Hi Ho! Hi Go!
It's off to work I go!"

over and over...:lookhappy:

Ever hear of Happy bunker?
Well this was one happy dude...

God bless him, maybe he's the manager of a strip club :naughty: :wow: to be able to muster all that enthusuasm about going to work in the morning. Again, God Bless, I wish I could have that attutude about work. ;)

plugaholic
01-22-2010, 03:45 PM
alien muggers

storminsteve
11-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Thought I would add that mugger guy you were talking about to the list.

Yesterday I was fishing moco. Found some big blues in the rain. There were some young guns fishing at the beach I was at. One of them caught a striper about 30 inches. He immediately took out his cell phone and started taking pics of the fish and the beach we were at. He was also taking pics of the other surfcasters including me. When I asked me what the hell he was doing, he said:
"Oh dude no worries, these are for my facebook page!"
I said - hey you could have asked, maybe I don't want to be on a facebook page!
He said - no problemo, but if you want you could give me your facebook name and I will friend you.

What the hell is wrong with some of the young kids out there. I am young myself, not yet 30, but would never consider taking pics like that and immediately posting them on facebook. Now I know why when 200 guys show up for a blitz this is likely how it happens. :2flip:They are all cruising facebook every day for reports and run out when they see a pic.

By the way the dude said his name was Matt. I have his facebook ID if anyone wants it. Does anyone know this joker?

You got it thats exactly how it happens.
Yeah i know that guy.
His name is Matt Doucherbaggins:laugh:

Yup i no of the guy also...He is a piece of work...All about the"look at me im a facebook fishing hero"..Him and his crew...They are all the same that young "my S*** dont stink" "i no everything about everything" attitude!!! Hey i dont consider myself old at 35 and dont wanna sound like a "old"man but these guys are annoying!I dont think even when i was younger did i ever have that attitude..But thats the way most younger dudes are now...really comes down to having no respect for anything..I see it all the time not just in fishing..They have no etiquette at all..Love to muscle there little crew into spots and then go post it all over FB...I personally have grown a deep HATE for FB lol..I havent ever taken it seriously but now i just hate it.. Haha ok rant over for me...Just glad im not the only 1 thinking it

Face Book fishing hero's SU_K

New character "Matt the mugger". I didn't run into him yet but when I do I will ask him why he thinks mugging is cool.:beatin:

stripercrazy
06-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Funny stuff lol

hookedonbass
06-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Ray D. Reports

He was in the water for a maximum of ten minutesbefore saying, " I read the reports on N****$t and there was fish here, Party Boats were killing them, I guess they left". With that so did he.

Yeah 10 minutes and hes not catching that means there are no fish lol.

seamonkey
11-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Or if after 10 minutes they don't catch, they are all checking the internet for the current reports.:kooky:

cowherder
12-29-2017, 12:26 PM
I like this, fisherman cliches by captain quinn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfGvvz7HbAw

cowherder
12-29-2017, 12:30 PM
ROFL jigfreak I spit my coffee out when I read your comment. Bet you there are at LEAST 5 guys who could be called matt doucherbaggins!

hookedonbass
12-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Totally true