View Full Version : Teasers that work best

albiealert
10-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Trying to learn as much as I can, please tell me your opinions on colors and sizes. Thank you very much, guys.

cowherder
10-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Some guys on the site hooked me up with a redgill, great sandeel imitation.

DarkSkies
10-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I like standard surf candy flies, and some lightly tied bucktail teasers with flash to imitate sandeels. The sandeels are in the wash in good numbers, not just on occo this time, they are all over.

And there are big needlefish (gar) as well. I had one follow my needle in the other night that was over 12" long. Today I picked up a semi-dried one that was around 12". Will post a pic when I get a chance.

Don't be afraid to fish big needles with a teaser in front. Colors I like best - white or chartreuse.

DarkSkies
10-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Here's a pic of a needlefish I found on the sand. Ones like this have been following my plug. It was 11 or 12" long, don't be afraid to fish big needles with your teasers.

BassBuddah
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
^surf candy.:thumbsup:

hookset
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Here's a pic of a needlefish I found on the sand. Ones like this have been following my plug. It was 11 or 12" long, don't be afraid to fish big needles with your teasers.

Wow that's cool. I thought those things only lived in Florida.

Monty
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
This teaser worked for me this fall.
Its the tail for an Ava.

jimmy z
12-13-2008, 07:56 PM
That's nice Monty. I myself have nailed a few double headers in my time, that were on the plug and teaser setup.
I've even got 'em with double header bass. Now that was a BLAST!:)

lostatsea
12-13-2008, 08:24 PM
This teaser worked for me this fall.
Its the tail for an Ava.

All the hype about different teasers and you're getting them on a red tube. It makes sense, the guys on kayaks slay the bass when they troll the long red or black tube rigs.

Monty
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
The rig with the tube was catching when someone next to me was using red gills and not catching...happened a few times. Regular teasers (deceivers) would not work at times yet this would. Depends on what the fish are looking for.
In June I remembered hearing how last year they were catching bass dragging an Ava in the sand. So I tied a few of these tube teasers up. Did not try them till this fall when one morning there was lots of surface commotion, yet no one was hooking up. Through everything in the bag at them but zilch. Tried the tube teaser and caught 2 Hickory Shad and a couple short bass. So I used it more.............

All the hype about different teasers and you're getting them on a red tube. It makes sense, the guys on kayaks slay the bass when they troll the long red or black tube rigs.