View Full Version : Greenwood Lake

hookset
10-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Want to go up to Greenwood Lake in NY, would you recommend it?

mick2360
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I live within twenty minutes of GL and have not fished it yet! I do have an open invite so I'll be able to tell you more in the spring. I would recommend that you look into NYC DEP reservoir permits. Great trout fishing in the spring and some pristine waters. You'll have to go a bit further north for the real gems, Ashokan and Pepacton, but they are worth the trip.

hookset
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks, my friend's brother said there are big muskies in Greenwood, so I want to check it out, maybe in the spring. Pepacton and Ashokan, Indian names?

mick2360
12-05-2008, 07:07 PM
There are muskies. Lately, I have been as close to a muskie as I have been to Jessica Simpson. However, all is not lost. If you are interested I'd be happy to show you what I know of Ashokan in the spring. Big trout and smallmouth heaven. :cool:

DarkSkies
12-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks, my friend's brother said there are big muskies in Greenwood, so I want to check it out, maybe in the spring. Pepacton and Ashokan, Indian names?

Hoookset, there are some large toothy critters in Greenwood. There is a club that does a seminar in the late spring for them in Greenwood. Muskies, Inc? I think one or 2 guys go out in a boat for a day with one of the club members and learn all the basics and tips from a pro.

Not sure exactly how much it costs, maybe around $100, but it would be well worth the investment. Each of those guys has spent hundreds of hours targeting muskies. Some of them are obsessed. ;) Definitely a good deal, ya might wanna check it out.

DarkSkies
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
There are muskies. Lately, I have been as close to a muskie as I have been to Jessica Simpson. However, all is not lost. If you are interested I'd be happy to show you what I know of Ashokan in the spring. Big trout and smallmouth heaven. :cool:

Don't sweat it over the Jessica fantasy, man. What's Romo got that you ain't got? ;) I'm stickin with Heather Locklear as my fantasy chick, one of these days she's gonna get another DWI and let me take her to a meeting. :rolleyes::kooky:

I might be bothering ya about Ashokan this spring. Smallmouths give you an amazing fight in cold water.

mick2360
12-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I might be bothering ya about Ashokan this spring. Smallmouths give you an amazing fight in cold water.

Go on the NYC DEP website and get the access permit. We'll fish and then hit a good BBQ shack on the way back. This is world class smallie water.