PDA

View Full Version : Bloodworms

basshunter
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
I fish with sand and bloodworms, but they are getting expensive. Can't stand the bait stealers, small perch, crabs, and things that peck away so you are left with an empty hook. Thinking about htat elastic stuff. Any tips?

voyager35
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
An old salt trick is to use small sections of pantyhose. Put worms inside, tie small section to hook with thread or elastic. Scent will still be there. http://www.stripersandanglers.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

fishlipper
03-23-2008, 08:18 AM
good tip, especially since now they are a buck each. :burn:

dogfish
04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Pantyhose are great, small strips. And for clams, I use those dental elastics, sometimes kids get them with braces, I like the 1/2" size a little harder to find, but worth it.

fish_off
04-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I just started using the berkley sandworms. The stay on my t and w rig fine while trolling and they did catch fish for me this week. I bought fishbites today to test them out next.

joizybass
04-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Put salt water in a small bucket, then place your sandworms into the water for about an hour. You'll be amazed with the results. Sandworms on steroids!!!!!

plugginpete
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
What do you do with left over bloodworms? I give mine away. I have heard that they can be frozen. Is this true?

williehookem
12-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think it's worth it. You want the freshest bait when you are out there. Fresh lively worms give off a scent trail. I imagine that would be reduced if you froze them.

seamonkey
08-13-2014, 08:02 AM
I just started using the berkley sandworms. The stay on my t and w rig fine while trolling and they did catch fish for me this week. I bought fishbites today to test them out next.

One of the guys here said he was mixing real blood worms and gulp to make the bait last longer. I tried that and it seems to work, just use little pieces.