PDA

View Full Version : Low Tide

buckethead
10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Sometimes I fish during low tide. Sometimes good most times I get :skunk:. Do you fish at low tide or am I just about the only crazy one?

dogfish
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
It's not low that makes it good, it's the change of the tides, when the water starts flowing again.

Monty
10-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I go when I can.
High tide or low tide. I know of some areas where I have caught at low tide. I also don't mind the low tide as you can see the structure and how the current runs and is obstructed. :naughty:.

captnemo
11-02-2008, 01:39 PM
When you're on a boat, it matters less, as you can always go to an area that produces better at different tidal stages.

I do notice that we sometimes do better mid-tide, when the current is stronger.

dogfish
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I go when I can.
High tide or low tide. I know of some areas where I have caught at low tide. I also don't mind the low tide as you can see the structure and how the current runs and is obstructed. :naughty:.

Sometimes people worry too much about all this stuff, "go when you can" will make you a happier person in the long run, because you will fish more.

Monty
11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Yes, there is no doubt about that.

Sometimes people worry too much about all this stuff, "go when you can" will make you a happier person in the long run, because you will fish more.

storminsteve
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
It's not low that makes it good, it's the change of the tides, when the water starts flowing again.

I agree.

jimmy z
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I've had some of my best action, just before dead low.
I fish a spot in RI, a breachway. There is an outflow from a saltpond, and the baitfish get pulled out into the rip. The bass hang there, just waiting. When the pull slows down, to almost nothing, the bait move in closer, and the bass are right on them.
Also, from the beach, just before dead low, if the bait are holed up in a trough, the bass will be there as well.

Rip-Plugger
12-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Sometimes I fish during low tide. Sometimes good most times I get :skunk:. Do you fish at low tide or am I just about the only crazy one?

Buckethead,

no you are not crazy or anything.
low tide can be a great time especially when/if there is a river dumping out,all the small bait is washing out and choppers/fluke and bass will be there waiting to chomp on it!.
seen it many times before,,,

R-P

stripermania
02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
It's all about moving water. I have had success during all kinds of tides, not so much at slack.

Doublerunner
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Depends on what part of low tide you're fishing and if there is current. I love the turn in some spots whether from high to low or low to high

But no current = no fish. Gotta have current