PDA

View Full Version : Angler celebrates net-busting carp

hookedonbass
11-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Angler celebrates net-busting carp

Published Date: 31 October 2008

A Heathrow worker is celebrating after netting what could be a record-breaking fish.

Andy Komornicki hooked the mirror carp, which weighed in at a net-busting 91lbs, while on holiday in eastern France.

Mr Komornicki, a 64-year-old cargo agent at Heathrow Airport, landed the carp while fishing with friends.

The mirror carp is known throughout the sport as the scar fish because of body damage caused by tangling with wire.

Reflecting on his triumph, Mr Komornicki said: "I thought my pal was having me on when he told me what I'd caught.

"Then when we shone a light in the net, there it was. I couldn't believe it - it was absolutely immense."

After checking its weight and taking pictures, he helped to treat the hook wound before gently returning his fish to the water.

Mr Komornicki was north of Dijon fishing in Lake Graviers when he bagged the carp.

Guinness World Records currently only monitor categories for the common and silver carp. The current record for the heaviest common carp stands at 34.35 kg (75lb 11oz).

A spokesman said: "Guinness World Records are always interested in investigating new categories and would welcome Andy to make an application with us to get a new category recognised."

Couldn't find a picture of it but here is a pic of the one caught by a Thai fisherman in 2007.